2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

4 hours ago, Helios said:

People here falling for the Chinese propaganda. Never change ATRL. :toofunny3:

China: *asks trading partners to start trading in their currency*

Brazil: *agrees to start trading in the yuan*

Someone: *reposts a tweet reporting on this factually occurring event*

You: "Hmmm smells like the Chinaman is spreading his propaganda in here!!! Fake news!!"

ย 

Sis, I'm not trying to be rude, but are you literate?ย :deadbanana4:

• Replies 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Communion said:

China: *asks trading partners to start trading in their currency*

Brazil: *agrees to start trading in the yuan*

Someone: *reposts a tweet reporting on this factually occurring event*

You: "Hmmm smells like the Chinaman is spreading his propaganda in here!!! Fake news!!"

ย 

Sis, I'm not trying to be rude, but are you literate?ย :deadbanana4:

My guess is that he takes issue with the framing of Joe Biden being at fault. Which... hey, it's fair, since he's merely doing the bidding of the Intelligence Communities and Defense Blob that anyone either Party would ever allow to be president would.

5 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

I saw! I am actually really impressed, because polling had Vallas way ahead :deadbanana4:

ย 

Edit:

ย 

This anti-trans (โ€œGCโ€) Democrat has been cheerleading Vallas for months and going โ€œDems need to get tough on crime so Iโ€™m glad Biden is denying DC the ability to govern itselfโ€

ย 

If Vallas really loses, Iโ€™m perched for his reactions in particular.

ย 

ย 

Edited by ClashAndBurn

7 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I saw! I am actually really impressed, because polling had Vallas way ahead :deadbanana4:

ย 

Edit:

ย 

This anti-trans (โ€œGCโ€) Democrat has been cheerleading Vallas for months and going โ€œDems need to get tough on crime so Iโ€™m glad Biden is denying DC the ability to govern itselfโ€

ย 

If Vallas really loses, Iโ€™m perched for his reactions in particular.

ย 

ย 

Matt Boxer is the absolute worst representation of democrats imaginable, and him thinking he can speak for voters of Chicago pissed me off relentlessly. Paul Vallas is a conservative, as someone thatโ€™s lived in Chicago, and grew up just outside the city my whole life: chicagoans HATE conservatives.ย 
ย 

Now on to the more important race in Wisconsinย 

Just now, Bears01 said:

Matt Boxer is the absolute worst representation of democrats imaginable, and him thinking he can speak for voters of Chicago pissed me off relentlessly. Paul Vallas is a conservative, as someone thatโ€™s lived in Chicago, and grew up just outside the city my whole life: chicagoans HATE conservatives.ย 
ย 

Now on to the more important race in Wisconsinย 

What's funny is he's a Republican-lite from California, so him thinking he can dictate that the party needs to reject progressives and shift more towards Republicans like Manchin and Vallas is even more gallingย :ahh:ย 

What ATRLer is this?ย :skull:ย It sounds like so many.ย 

Janet Protasiewicz
39,321 +55.8%55.8%
Daniel Kelly
31,100 +44.2%44.2

14 minutes ago, Communion said:

What ATRLer is this?ย :skull:ย It sounds like so many.ย 

You should dig deeper to see his posts calling Lia Thomas a cheating man and deadnames Elliott Page, calling him delusional.

ย 

He was radicalized by people writing mean tweets to the author we're not allowed to talk about anymore, apparently.ย :skull:ย Constantly rails against trans activists. Really disgusting behavior actually.

Edited by ClashAndBurn

10% OF VOTES INย 
ย 
Candidate Votes PercentPct.
Daniel Kelly
86,042 +51.8%51.8%
Janet Protasiewicz
80,056 +48.2%

ย 

6 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:
10% OF VOTES INย 
ย 
Candidate Votes PercentPct.
Daniel Kelly
86,042 +51.8%51.8%
Janet Protasiewicz
80,056 +48.2%

ย 

Kelly is underperforming EVERYWHERE he needs to win

10 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

You should dig deeper to see his posts calling Lia Thomas a cheating man and deadnames Elliott Page, calling him delusional.

ย 

He was radicalized by people writing mean tweets to the author we're not allowed to talk about anymore, apparently.ย :skull:ย Constantly rails against trans activists. Really disgusting behavior actually.

Oh wow. But I was told by fellow ATRL centrists just like him that Dems need to be right-wing (including pro-cop) to win.ย 

ย 

The story in Chicago seems to be telling a completely different story.ย :celestial5:

1 minute ago, Communion said:

Oh wow. But I was told by fellow ATRL centrists just like him that Dems need to be right-wing (including pro-cop) to win.ย 

ย 

The story in Chicago seems to be telling a completely different story.ย :celestial5:

Well, after the ascent of Eric Adams, I could see why that would be a prevailing view.

ย 

r/neoliberal is big mad over this too :sistrens:ย 

Still early but Wisconsin looks safe. Dem counties they are STOMPING. And in Republican counties they are mostly below, and in some cases far below, trump, who lost to Biden.ย 

From the NYT:

Her election to a 10-year term for an officially nonpartisan seat gives Wisconsinโ€™s liberals a 4-to-3 majority on the court, which has been controlled by conservatives since 2008. Liberals will hold a court majority until at least 2025, when a liberal justiceโ€™s term expires. A conservative justiceโ€™s term ends in 2026.

ย 

033023-Brandon-Johnson-Bernie-Rally-Colin-Boyle-4527.jpg

ย 

Progressive policies WIN.ย :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.