2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

• Replies 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Based off of the recent midterm results, Josh Shapiro seems like a promising presidential candidate for 2028.ย 
ย 

What about a Shapiro/Warnock ticket? (If Warnock keeps his seat, of course)ย 

9 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Biden in 24 is the best option who can win again. I do like Whitmerย 

so Bernie is not running?

2 hours ago, Espresso said:

ย 

not Joni's wig getting a leadership position nnn

1 hour ago, K.O said:

A couple of people I know irl really like the Illinois governor J.B Pritzker and have talked about supporting him if he decides to run in 2024.

ย 

also, the governor for New Jersey- Phil Murphy and The California governor- Cavin Newsom have been hinting ย about running in 2024

ย 

what do you guys think about these three democratic governors?

Girl no one in IL likes Pritzkerย :bibliahh:ย they only voted for him because he's a Dem AND the republican candidate insulted Chicagoland so the Chicago sistrens voted in drovesย :deadvision:

Just now, spree said:

so Bernie is not running?

He wouldnโ€™t win. I also donโ€™t see any real competition against Biden to have a real primary. Those just damage the partyโ€™s chances at keeping the White House.ย 

ย 

Total turnout from 2018 was down. White turnout was up. Black turnout was down. Asian turnout was down. Latino turnout was down. Youth turnout was down.

11 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

He wouldnโ€™t win. I also donโ€™t see any real competition against Biden to have a real primary. Those just damage the partyโ€™s chances at keeping the White House.ย 

crazy to hear you admit that.

33 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Good options? 2028 is going to be locked in for Kamala. NO ONE that wants a career in the Democratic Party's future is going to want to be smeared by her troll farm or the beltway press as a divisive racist woman-hater. Especially for a run they're likely to lose due to the partisanship pendulum swinging towards DeSantis or whomever is running for the Republicans by then.

ย 

And honestly, the "good options" being mentioned here suck just as bad as (if not worse than) Kamala. Newsom? California liberal that blocked single payer for Californians. Pritzker? Corrupt business man. Whitmer? Insurance heiress. Pete Buttigieg? Gentrifying racist indifferent to black suffering as long as he can advance his career.

2028 is not going to the Venn diagram/school bus chanteuse, take a chill pill. ย 
ย 

And the only person on your list Iโ€™d consider a good option is possibly Whitmer.ย 

Edited by Rotunda

12 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

ย 

Total turnout from 2018 was down. White turnout was up. Black turnout was down. Asian turnout was down. Latino turnout was down. Youth turnout was down.

It's crazy how threatened by everything white and straight Americans feel right now. And I say that as a white European.

49 minutes ago, TheMusicProphet said:

Josh Shapiro/Whitmer ticket??

Far,ย far more valuable where they are (regardless of anyone's feeling about them being moderates) for multiple reasons, starting with elections.ย 

ย 

Forget a messy primary as well.ย 

15 minutes ago, spree said:

crazy to hear you admit that.

...?? That user hates Sanders?ย :skull:

1 hour ago, K.O said:
1 hour ago, K.O said:

A couple of people I know irl really like the Illinois governor J.B Pritzker and have talked about supporting him if he decides to run in 2024.

ย 

also, the governor for New Jersey- Phil Murphy and The California governor- Cavin Newsom have been hinting ย about running in 2024

ย 

what do you guys think about these three democratic governors?

All boring white men. Not a fan of identity politics in general, but will America everย elect a woman as POTUS?ย :rip:

1 minute ago, Communion said:

...?? That user hates Sanders?ย :skull:

clearly i meant the opposite.ย  You didn't comprehend that right.

The Dem pool of potential presidential candidates is BARREN. Anyone stating otherwise is delusional, and ill informed. After being the most disliked VP Kamala will automatically be nominated. All of a sudden she will get Black support?? I meanย 

Edited by A Bomb

35 minutes ago, spree said:

clearly i meant the opposite.ย  You didn't comprehend that right.

:deadbanana4:

25 minutes ago, Aren said:

All boring white men. Not a fan of identity politics in general, but will America everย elect a woman as POTUS?ย :rip:

The first woman elected as POTUS will be a republican. Dems would vote for her just because she is a woman and they care more about electing the first woman president than policies. The GOP will vote for her because she is a republican. Aย Margaret Thatcher type

ย 

Or Biden will step down during his second term and a we will get Kamalaย :clown:ย 
It would be unlikely that she would win re-election in 2028, but maybe she would be able to ride her #girlboss #firstwomanPOTUS momentum to win.ย 
ย 

Then again, Biden has wanted to be president since the 80s. His ego would never let him step downย 

18 minutes ago, A Bomb said:

The Dem pool of potential presidential candidates is BARREN. Anyone stating otherwise is delusional, and ill informed. After being the most disliked VP Kamala will automatically be nominated. All of a sudden she will get Black support?? I meanย 

What about Gavin Newsom?

50 minutes ago, spree said:

clearly i meant the opposite.ย 

Sis, you asked him why he didn't suggest Bernie.

ย 

If you wanted to see users like @Kassiย @Sergi91ย @GhostBoxย (all loveย :heart2:)ย  randomly and irrationally start screaming about Bernie Sanders, just show up here every day a quarter past 2 PM EST.ย :skull:ย Trust, if there's someone you don't have to coax people to give their opinion on, it's apparently Bernie. :cm:

ย 

I'll even save you a seat right next to me for when the daily Bernie Derangement Syndrome starts.

We can share popcorn. I like mine with the movie-style butter on it.ย :celestial5:

Edited by Communion

2 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

What about Gavin Newsom?

A Californian to... the RIGHT of Biden?ย :skull:

ย 

ย 

17 minutes ago, Communion said:

Sis, you asked him why he didn't suggest Bernie.

ย 

If you wanted to see users like @Kassiย @Sergi91ย @GhostBoxย (all loveย :heart2:)ย  randomly and irrationally start screaming about Bernie Sanders, just show up here every day a quarter past 2 PM EST.ย :skull:ย Trust, if there's someone you don't have to coax people to give their opinion on, it's apparently Bernie. :cm:

ย 

I'll even save you a seat right next to me for when the daily Bernie Derangement Syndrome starts.

We can share popcorn. I like mine with the movie-style butter on it.ย :celestial5:

I have no problem Bernie running in 2024. That would be up to him so donโ€™t start with me.ย :celestial5:

9 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

I have no problem Bernie running in 2024. That would be up to him so donโ€™t start with me.ย :celestial5:

I already plan to sign all of us up to do phonebanking for Nina 2024ย :bird:

1 hour ago, ks_dollar said:

ย 

ย 

Flopped, I fear.ย :clap3:

Edited by Mellark

3 hours ago, Mean Trees said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

So now it's acceptable to push for peace? What a joke.

Of course, mama. It's called strategy: rally the troops, win strategic battles, then negotiate on your own terms.ย 

ย 

"When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard"

- Art of War, Part 7.36, Sun Tzu

ย 

:giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.