2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

14 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Anybody down to kill the time and write out what swing state they're most confident Kamala will win, and which one they're most confident she'll lose, and which one they're most unsure of? I'll start: 

Most confident she'll win: Nevada, Wisconsin 

Most confident she'll lose: Georgia

Most unsure of: PA, MI 

@Vermillion @FameFatale @Blade @Sannie @Relampago. @Communion

Inviting you all to make predictions so we can pass the time for the next several days and get this going 

I think she will win NC, NV, WI, MI, AZ, PA. Unsure on GA.

• Replies 48k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Anybody down to kill the time and write out what swing state they're most confident Kamala will win, and which one they're most confident she'll lose, and which one they're most unsure of? I'll start: 

Inviting you all to make predictions so we can pass the time for the next several days and get this going 

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Y'all are getting raises?

spacer.png

The one good thing about working for a bunch of Trumper executives is that they're old fashioned in the sense that they take "titles" really seriously. My boss, who is liberal, played them and simply changed my title so I could get a $20k raise even though my job duties didn't change. :ahh:She's doing it again this year. :eli: 

1 hour ago, Tovitov said:

Do yourselves a favor hennies; 

Ignore the Atlas Intel poll that just dropped that shows Trump +3. I dont care how good they were in 2020, having Harris and Trump tied on Abortion is pollster malpractice. Someone is going to post it and y'all are going to doom but just a heads up :gaycat5:

There will always be outLIARS and that poll I will see as just that. :alexz:

18 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Not sure how reliable I am when I thought WI would be her hardest swing state to win and it's now looking like her easiest. :ahh:

Most confident she'll win: WI and MI and by extension PA (I'm really basing this on rust belt voting trends)

Least confident: GA even though I think she could pull out the vote in the Atlanta area

Unsure (but hopeful): NC

Ignoring: AZ and NV

7 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

Lets go! :jonny5:

this ******* server posting things twice even though i click reply ONCE. slander.

Edited by Sannie
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

Lets go! :jonny5:

I'm bullish on NC. She's winning it this year. I don't think she'll win in Georgia.

I don't think NV was ever really contested. It polls close every year and Democrats always pull through.

NC keeps being such a heartbreaker that I refuse to get my hopes up about it. She has a decent shot there, but I'm not letting myself decide she's going to win it only for Trump to win it by 1% :rip:

On the flipside, I'm a bit more bullish on Georgia than everybody else seems to be. It'll be tougher than 2020 without a competitive Senate race happening at the same time, but high turnout in Atlanta and the surrounding suburbs can potentially give her enough of a cushion to squeak out a win.

17 minutes ago, shelven said:

NC keeps being such a heartbreaker that I refuse to get my hopes up about it. She has a decent shot there, but I'm not letting myself decide she's going to win it only for Trump to win it by 1% :rip:

On the flipside, I'm a bit more bullish on Georgia than everybody else seems to be. It'll be tougher than 2020 without a competitive Senate race happening at the same time, but high turnout in Atlanta and the surrounding suburbs can potentially give her enough of a cushion to squeak out a win.

You're bullish on GA and I'm bullish on NC.

Let's meet in the middle: she wins both. :duca: 

2 hours ago, Communion said:

I'm sorry but do Dem operatives not realize how this looks to people with common sense? Let alone highly-engaged voters who make up 90%+ of 3rd party voters?

Just like with AOC, the random left-punching doesn't work because the people acting as sheepherders telling people to stay with the Dems 1) have no power to show for their efforts or 2) do not use their power. I was very happy with Ellison become AG in Minnesota. It's also true that he has unique authority to help the state divest from the Israeli government as he sits on the State Board of Investment and yet has refused to even engage with calls for divestment. 

Even with the idea that "well, at least Harris would be a vehicle for progressives to enact change," Ellison had to come out recently and shoot down a rumor he would be considered for Attorney General in a Harris admin as an olive branch to Muslim voters because such a rumor would MAKE HARRIS LOOK TOO PROGRESSIVE? :gaycat6:

I can't imagine having to type the below to show your loyalty as an elected to the Harris ticket and it amounting to distancing yourself from the ticket.

Have some dignity. :rip:

This is all SO embarrassing for Keith, omg :rip: 

7 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Harris speaking right now at their event 👏🏼

So, Harris is speaking at an event huh? / jk

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bears01 said:

At the moment…

I see her winning: MI, WI, NV

I see her losing: PA, GA, NC, AZ

I'm still convinced Trump is winning but I think she still has a decent chance to turn that around.

Why do I feel like conservatives will have a meltdown over Kamala's outfit tonight?

• Haha 1

My prediction is that she wins everything Biden won in 2020 and adds on NC. I actually think she'll win pretty comfortably and that the polls are underestimating the Trump fatigue amongst swing voters.

At the same time, I know what country I live in. :gaycat6:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashley Banks said:

Kamala should start running ads in Texas. She won't win it but she can give a boost to Allred's senate campaign and potentially force Trump to divert resources there. Her campaign has way more money than his so it's a win-win.

Colin has a lot of money actually, idk how that much money has been invested for him already but he's spent a bunch on ads

3 hours ago, Bears01 said:

At present:

Most confident she'll win: NV, WI, MI

Most confident she'll lose: GA

Most unsure of: PA (and this will probably remain so until the end), NC, AZ

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.