2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

3 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

"You don't live in a dictatorship, there's NOTHING at all to protest."

No one said that. There's only one faction on this site that loves to make up **** to drive their fringe viewpoints, and it's your faction. 

You confuse editorial opinions with actual facts. you elevate fringe opinions on twitter as the most righteous. You say give me an inch, then demand a mile. 

you don't know what you actually want, and if you did and Biden actually gave it to you, you'd have a hissy fit that Biden did it, then move your goal post to say he didn't do exactly what you now want

Protesting is a 1st amendment right—protesting for a literal terrorist organization, that would strip away that right, is fair game to be criticized. And it's protected under the first amendment. 

eric adams is a cop, elected because NYC's crime skyrocketed post-pandemic (see: Asian Americans, the elderly, being targeted in the subway). You leftists will always lose because you don't ground yourself in any reality—you pontificate in inaccesible language and speak pedantically to those that don't agree with you. 

yeet yourself off a proverbial cliff, but don't drag the rest of us down in your desire to rage quit society because it isn't perfect. Society will never be perfect because people are fallible beings—you and many others being perfect examples of that. 

Criticism is not critical thought. I've yet to see a single solution from you—ever. Your criticism is as cheap as a fart joke

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

Working to help Israel slaughter 2M Palestinians while also outlawing asylum is ******* insane. :rip:

14 minutes ago, thesegayz said:

You confuse editorial opinions with actual facts. you elevate fringe opinions on twitter as the most righteous. You say give me an inch, then demand a mile. 

you don't know what you actually want, and if you did and Biden actually gave it to you, you'd have a hissy fit that Biden did it, then move your goal post to say he didn't do exactly what you now want

This read. :jonny5:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, thesegayz said:

you elevate fringe opinions

3 hours ago, Kassi said:

religious homeland

Well some people here definitely believe in fringe, extremist religious conspiracies but I'm not sure it's any leftist. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

spacer.png

I have that user on blocked. I'm not gonna engage with someone who resorts to name throwing—calling me a white supremacist, dupe, etc—because I dare demand what solution they want

obviously I have them gagged because they always have to respond whenever I say something. 

im getting mental healthcare thanks to Obamacare, I'd suggest they do the same

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

28 minutes ago, thesegayz said:

No one said that. There's only one faction on this site that loves to make up **** to drive their fringe viewpoints, and it's your faction. 

7 minutes ago, Communion said:

Well some people here definitely believe in fringe, extremist religious conspiracies but I'm not sure it's any leftist. 

Oh, not you confirming the read. Like Kendrick told Drake: I can even predict your angle.:jonny5: 

Cause I never said that ****. :rip:

On 12/6/2023 at 12:12 AM, Kassi said:

Anyway, here's the cheat sheet to the curriculum:

1. Jews have no ancestral claim to the land of Palestine.

Just now, thesegayz said:

because I dare demand what solution they want

On 5/6/2024 at 9:30 AM, Communion said:

Of course violence is awful. Which is why then It's hard to find reasons for why the Israeli state should even exist.

On 5/6/2024 at 9:38 AM, Communion said:

People who don't support the Israeli state want it dissolved as a nation and its borders unrecognized; the governing apartheid regime removed from power and the codified subjugation of Palestinians ended. There's specificity, not innuendo. 

On 4/26/2024 at 1:35 AM, Communion said:

Any good conscious liberal should want and seek nothing less than the total dissolution of the state of Israel. 

It's clear Israel should have no right to exist and its existence as an inherently fascist apartheid state promotes global instability.

On 4/10/2024 at 8:41 PM, Communion said:

If American liberals actually lived by their proclaimed values on race and diversity, they'd acknowledge Israel's existence is at odds with liberal values and the nation of Israel should be dissolved. 

On 11/13/2023 at 10:09 AM, Communion said:

Israel does not have a right to exist, no. Ethnostates are bad. It is a settler colonial state that should be legally dissolved like Rhodesia. 

A one state Palestine for all to live equally is the only way to stop Israeli settlers from subjugating the Palestinian population. For as long as there exists legally a nation where Israelis are privileged by their ethnicity, the natural conclusions of an apartheid state will constantly manifest. 

On 11/10/2023 at 5:23 PM, Communion said:

Israel will meet the same fate as Rhodesia.

On 10/31/2023 at 3:33 PM, Communion said:

Israel needs to be dissolved. Settlers and those sympathetic to settlers are materially invested in the occupation at this point. Every Palestinian home lost is an Israel home gained. Every dollar out of a Palestinian pocket is a dollar towards a life of luxury in Israel for settlers. Zionists like this user will defend the apartheid system for as long as there are legal avenues for the occupation to occur.

Users like this prove that Israelis and Palestinians can't co-exist until the parameters of a Jewish ethno-state are no longer in place. 

On 10/31/2023 at 3:25 PM, Communion said:

That the reason for any babies dying is the Israeli occupation of Palestine and more babies will continue to die until the Zionist settler state is dissolved no differently than Rhodesia. 

On 2/27/2023 at 8:57 PM, Communion said:

There will be a day where Israel no longer exists and it, like Rhodesia, will be remembered only for a legacy of white supremacy. 

On 2/27/2023 at 8:21 PM, Communion said:

Life and history will look back on you and Israel like we look back on the evils of Rhodesia. 

On 1/30/2023 at 3:37 AM, Communion said:

Israel is basically heading in the direction of the worst days of Rhodesia before its end.

On 10/10/2022 at 8:19 AM, Communion said:

One day Israel will not exist and historians will look back on it no differently than we look back on Rhodesia now. :skull:

Evergreen.

3 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Cause I never said that ****. 

You praised a letter shared by 280 Zionist students claiming it was antisemitic to not recognize Israel "as the ancestral and religious homeland of Jewish people".

The post I quoted linked to you praising this tweet:

What do you mean when repeating the claim Israel is a "religious homeland"?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Well, no. :laugh:  It's news like most other updates in that thread. Posted without commentary.

2 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Well, no. :laugh:  It's news like most other updates in that thread. Posted without commentary.

What do you think Zionism entails if you're now confused and puzzled over the discovery it entails the premise of a religious homeland, for which you've echoed support?

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Communion said:

What do you think Zionism entails if you're now confused and puzzled over the discovery it entails the premise of a religious homeland, for which you've echoed support?

A deeply held belief in the possibility of creating a new reality based on ideals of freedom, justice, and mutual support as a response to centuries of persecution and displacement.

5 minutes ago, Kassi said:

A deeply held belief in the possibility of creating a new reality based on ideals of freedom, justice, and mutual support as a response to centuries of persecution and displacement.

aSKFxko.png

In reality:

In the Hebrew Bible, Amalek is a nomadic tribe and nation that is considered the enemy of ancient Israel. The name "Amalek" can refer to the descendants of Amalek, the grandson of Esau, or anyone who lived in their territories in Canaan.

You're claiming people have a right to land based on fairy tales in religious books. 

• Thumbs Down 1

yea we know thts the only thing he cares about 💀😂

Something we could all get behind 😂

4 hours ago, thesegayz said:

There's only one faction on this site that loves to make up **** to drive their fringe viewpoints, and it's your faction. 

4 hours ago, thesegayz said:

Protesting is a 1st amendment right—protesting for a literal terrorist organization, that would strip away that right, is fair game to be criticized. And it's protected under the first amendment. 

What was that about making **** up to drive a viewpoint? :celestial5:

And even if you were to say that it's fine to assert this because a handful of dipshits are doing it, you and Biden and all the other anti-protest liberals are using the actions of the few to smear everybody else and say the protests shouldn't be happening at all (given that the universities and law enforcement have been the ones to escalate to violence with their brutal crackdowns EVERY SINGLE TIME) when they are, in fact, not in support of Hamas, but against the terrorism of the Israeli Occupation and the US Military Industrial Complex.

Meanwhile, the pro-Israeli Occupation counter protesters have been throwing fists and fireworks and driving cars into people yet… I see nothing from you, Kassi, Ghost Box, or Joe Biden about those people while all of you are more than eager to denigrate the protest whose message you don't like as pro-terrorism.

• Thumbs Down 1

I gave my predictions on who will win, why I have those predictions, and how I'm voting several pages ago which I'll bookmark, but after interning on the Hill and volunteering/working for several campaigns, I just wanted to add that this thread covers so much of what I'm feeling right now.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Communion said:

You're claiming people have a right to land based on fairy tales in religious books. 

I claim no such thing. :laugh: 

The only thing I've ever consistently claimed is I can understand the longing for a sanctuary away from persecution, and it makes sense why Israel became the focal point for this hope, given its deep historical and religious significance to Jewish identity and heritage. The combination of which culminated in Zionism.

Zionists never had an inherent ~right~ to the land based on tenuous ancestral ties, but it's self-evident why they were ~drawn~ to it. Like how immigrants are drawn to the US in pursuit of the American Dream.

5 hours ago, Espresso said:

I gave my predictions on who will win, why I have those predictions, and how I'm voting several pages ago which I'll bookmark, but after interning on the Hill and volunteering/working for several campaigns, I just wanted to add that this thread covers so much of what I'm feeling right now.

There's also the simple fact that his current policies satisfy absolutely no one. For the left, it's too little too late, and it seems like a meaningless gesture. For the pro-genocide people like Jonah Goldberg and JPod, well…

14 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

There's also the simple fact that his current policies satisfy absolutely no one. For the left, it's too little too late, and it seems like a meaningless gesture. For the pro-genocide people like Jonah Goldberg and JPod, well…

You mean this is an issue where the president is in a no win situation where both sides will ***** no matter what he does? Iam shocked. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.