Films you watched recently

Pol McCutie

The Menu - 4.5/5

It got a bit boring until people actually started to die, even then there wasn't enough horror for me. Ralph and Anya's performances are excellent though. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flower moon

• Avariko

• Gottasadae

• jacklovesyou1

Women Talking – 9/10

Tackled spiritual gaslighting/nature vs. nurture possibly the best I've ever seen in a film.

Marriage Story – 7.5/10

Very realistic, although I didn't feel as emotionally invested in the characters as I wanted to.

Love, Simon – 6/10

Cute movie but there were too many cringe/out of pocket moments for me to think it lived up to the praise :rip:

Aftersun – 8/10

Very much a slow burn, will need to watch this again because I was very sleepy and couldn't give it the attention it requires. It's almost too subtle, but I understand that this is also part of what has made it so impactful for many.

The Whale - 7/10, when it ended I thought it's an 8.5/10 but then I realized there were a lot of cringe scenes with Ellie, the whole movie feels like an emotional trap

The Banshees of Inisherin - 8/10, the ending isn't what I wanted it to be, but I can't deny this film's grandeur, the cinematography is specless, the scenery, the acting, the comedy. That one heated exchange between Siobhan and Dominic had me gasping for air from laughter. Wish they did Dominic's character justice, but Barry still brought him to life. He's a highlight even amongst the other main 3 actors.

Started my Oscar nominated films lineup.

EEAAO - Rewatch. Still impressive 10/10

Banshees of Inisherin  - Not Mcdonough's best but a solid one. 9/10 Colin Farrell is still so hot. I want to stay in that island with him for the rest of my life.

Top Gun: Maverick - rewatch - just okay. The jet scenes are still impressive 7/10

Triangle of Sadness - Act II is hilarious but I'm a little disappointed with Act III 7/10

Avatar: The Way of Water - really cool world building. the story doesn't really matter when you have these impressive visuals 8/10

I'll watch the second half soon. I have started AQOTWF and Elvis before but got bored with them lol. I need to rewatch them again.

Sissy (2022) 10/10. Was rooting for the killer the entire time :gaycat7:.

Bodies Bodies Bodies 10/10. I love these horror movies where every single character is insufferable and abhorrent and I end up enjoying their deaths :bibliahh:. Rachel Sennott stole the show. I died laughing at every single line she said, it was like watching Jocelyn from Bob's burgers come to life:bibliahh:. Where's her Oscar nomination?

Edited by Cleanromantic

I just watched ‘weekend’ again for the hundredth time. Tom Cullen is so hot it’s dumb and there’s just a certain sadness about this movie that I can’t shake for days. 

Notes on a Scandal - 4/5

Carol - 5/5

Tar (rewatch) - 5/5. Definitely the kind of movie that requires a rewatch or two to fully grasp everything. Even then I feel like I should watch it once more :rip:

Officially in my Cate Blanchett binge watch era I guess. Rooting for her in the BA race :mandown:

Edited by Billionaire

Aftersun 10/10. I expected to be bored with this indie drama but oh my god, this hits me so hard. I even cried hours after watching the movie.

This movie is beautiful. Every frame is gorgeously composed. This is a masterpiece.

Paul Mescal is outstanding....:jonnycat: