Films you watched recently

Pol McCutie

I just watched ‘weekend’ again for the hundredth time. Tom Cullen is so hot it’s dumb and there’s just a certain sadness about this movie that I can’t shake for days. 

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flower moon

• Into The Void

• Walk_Away21

• Reverse Warholian

Notes on a Scandal - 4/5

Carol - 5/5

Tar (rewatch) - 5/5. Definitely the kind of movie that requires a rewatch or two to fully grasp everything. Even then I feel like I should watch it once more :rip:

Officially in my Cate Blanchett binge watch era I guess. Rooting for her in the BA race :mandown:

Edited by Billionaire

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - 8/10

Pulse/Kairo - 9/10

Decision to Leave - 9/10

Tar - 3.5/5

Cate’s performance was impressive, but the film was way too long 

Edited by Bindi

Aftersun 10/10. I expected to be bored with this indie drama but oh my god, this hits me so hard. I even cried hours after watching the movie.

This movie is beautiful. Every frame is gorgeously composed. This is a masterpiece.

Paul Mescal is outstanding....:jonnycat:

“You People” on Netflix - 0/10

Tries desperately hard to be socially aware, but it’s actually horribly racist and annoying. Trash. 

MV5BNGJiYmMxYTQtNWYzYy00MWIyLTkyYTItZGQ1

It's an OK film, I felt like it was something to be watched when it's a nothing day with sun and a quiet atmosphere. It felt like I was in stasis being shown events while unconscious, lol. I didn't feel like my time was wasted but like they didn't maximize the potential of the boys in general. They made the significance of their friendship clear pretty early and how our main guy feels was done well in that first scene. From then on though, it felt as uncertain as his age, which was probably the point. The girls are nice and i like them more than the boys tbh.

If possible, you should definitely give it a watch but don't expect some groundbreaking thing, take it as it is.

Edited by RunUpDoneUp

MV5BNDYwNjhkN2QtNTQwYS00YTJlLThmNWQtMzVi

Though the animation threw me off and things felt a little clunky, I enjoyed it. Braniac is one of my all time favorite villains so braniac 5 naturally gets some of that affection as well and how he handles people is always worth a showing. It was very run of the mill and average as far as DC movies go. Kara has never been a character I've ever been interested in and this did not change that at all.

Worth a watch if you like DC, not a film you wanna show anyone who reads the comics, lol.

KIDS (1995) - 7/10

I still think about this movie, even though it's been a week. The end scene is triggering, the rest of the movie extremely disturbing, but it felt like a real representation of teenagers at the time. Rosario and Chloe Sevingary acting debuts too, they we're very both good in this flim. It came out around the same time of Clueless, so the contrast is crazy :rip: It's quite dated now but I could relate to certain parts even to this day. I don't recommend for casual viewing but if your into old movie pieces like I am, you should check it out - with all warnings considered.

I recently saw Fresh. I was pleasantly surprised that the film committed to being a horror movie. Very good movie and excellent performances by Daisy Edgar-Jones and Sebastian Stan. Only thing I didn't like was that the last 15 minutes went completely off the rails. 

spiderman: no way home: 1/5 absolutely terrible, kid-y movie, how do ppl like this **** is beyond me. the only cool thing were the comebacks.

tár: 4/5 cate was amazing, cool movie, kinda long but wasn't bored at all.

On 1/25/2023 at 8:18 PM, Cleanromantic said:

Bodies Bodies Bodies 10/10. I love these horror movies where every single character is insufferable and abhorrent and I end up enjoying their deaths :bibliahh:. Rachel Sennott stole the show. I died laughing at every single line she said, it was like watching Jocelyn from Bob's burgers come to life:bibliahh:. Where's her Oscar nomination?

Watched this tonight purely bc of your post, I loved it, wonderfully cringeworthy but still kept me guessing right til the end :party:

Through the past two months I watched:

Smile (6.5/10)

The Menu (8.5/10)
The Invitation (5/10)

M3GAN (9/10)

Barbarian (9.5/10)

Old (3/10)

M3GAN was overall a really interesting concept and made for a great movie

Barbarian had me on the edge of my seat though and gave me everything I want in a horror film

Edited by Venom

• 2 weeks later...

Ant Man and the Wasp: Quantumania: 0/10 terrible movie in every single way. Full of cringeworthy moments, subpar acting, horrible clichés and terribly written villains.

Missing: 9/10 holy **** this movie was great. Had me on the edge of my seat with every plot twist. I honestly thought everyone except the main character was a villain at some point while I was watching this

Edited by Love Again

Infinity Pool - 4/5. I expected alot more idk...fcked up stuff considering it's original rating :skull: I loved it and both Mia & Alexander's performances were incredible. 

Edited by Billionaire

The Menu : fantastic 

Everything Everywhere All at Once : could be one of the best movies I've ever watched 

We have a ghost : actually very surprised. Its kind of a family movie , with a mix of comedy ,drama and action . Not a bad story and much better than The Curse of Bridge Hollow and Hocus Pocus 2 

babylon 1.5/5 margot didn't deserve all the flack she got for it, her and the spaniard that played manny were the best thing about this overblown cesspool. it didn't even look like the 20s/30s :rip: 3 hours, it dragged so much, ****.

The Whale 8/10.

Very good film. I was disgusted everytime he ate anything though :gaycat6:

Oscar list part 2

Women Talking - 9.5/10 (I cried on this movie. Too bad it won’t win anything)

Tar- 10/10 (Fantastic. Although still rooting for Michelle)

AQOTQF - 10/10 ( another emotional movie

Elvis - 6/10 (I don’t get it)

I hope EEAAO takes home the Best Picture this weekend. It’s clearly the best among the nominees.

Decision to Leave - 10/10

Hit The Road - 8/10

Emily the Criminal - 8/10

Scream 6 - 5.5/10

Had some great moments, but the writing and directing was also pretty bad too in areas. It doesn't really offer anything substantial. It's a film purely for fan service.

Infinity Pool - 7/10

Nothing too crazy, would've been a 6/10 or even 5/10 if it weren't for the style and Mia Goth.

On 3/7/2023 at 11:08 AM, clee95 said:

Women Talking-what fantastic casts, the acting was phenomenon. 10/10 

what a fantastic cast*, phenomenal*

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.