• Reverse Warholian

• Johnny Jacobs

2 hours ago, Bacardo Royale said:

Beautiful Thing 8/10

I didn't know they were making gay teen romance movies in the 1990s :jonny:

Omg watch Get Real - it was my moment at 15 years old. :gaydonnacat1:

• Thanks 1

X (2022) - 8/10

It was... quite an experience! I loved the cinematography and Maxine was serving cvnt :jonny5:

Dancing Behind a Wall — X (2022) | Dir. Ti West

Edited by Flomik

Pearl - 9/10

I decided not to waste my time during my day off and watch the second movie in the trilogy nnnn and maybe I should've watched it first, and then X, but it's ok since the movies are still quite independent from each other. 

Mia Goth is a f*cking star indeed! :jonny5: She's gorgeous and I love her acting! Now waiting for Maxxxine aka the last movie of the trilogy

pearl.gif

Edited by Flomik

Girl, Interrupted (1999)

It was good but it felt very rushed at parts. Angelina did a great job though!

At Midnight.   a cute 6.5/10

On 9/26/2023 at 12:11 PM, Bacardo Royale said:

Barbie 4/10

Finally got round to watching this and I want my money back :bibliahh:

On 9/30/2023 at 10:30 PM, Reverse Warholian said:

Barbie was painfully unfunny. Wanted to like it more but it still had its highs. Set design was incredible and America Ferrara gave the best performance. 6.5/10 

@Walk_Away21 @The Witch @skankle

On 9/30/2023 at 10:36 PM, The Witch said:

Biggest fraud in cinema history. They hyped up that movie like it was life changing or sumn :biblio: 

@Leptine

It looks cute tho I'll still probably watch it

Barbie 7/10

IDK what to feel about the film. I got the point, yes, but I felt like in order for the plot to be clear, they needed to explain it through the dialogue. There were cute moments and What Was I Made For? is certainly winning the Oscar for Best Original Song.

Saw X 1/10

What a waste of time.

Barbie - 8/10

That was great! I liked the movie although it does feel a bit overrated. It's no masterpiece but it's a very enjoyable watch with a lot of funny moments and things to think about and reflect on. The whole segment with those Mattel workers should've been edited OUT :rip: It was so cringe.

On 10/25/2023 at 10:33 PM, Da Vinci said:

Tried to watch more Audrey movies, couldn't finish Funny Face (super cringe and that old ugly man as Audrey's love interest is laughable), skipped War and Peace (just not interested plus people say it's bad) and while I liked Love in the Afternoon's style and vibe good god why do they cast old ugly men with the most insufferable roles as Audrey's love interest :deadbanana4: I know the olden times were misogynistic but UGH!

ANYWAY, stumbled upon this one and FINALLY an Audrey Hepburn movie FLOORED me :jonny5:Was a bit slow at first but once it gets going, it's good! The chase scene at the end was so thrilling! I might get into more Cary Grant movies too. Audrey honestly gave me Saintgelina vibes at times or maybe she's what Saintgelina was aspiring to be in the first place? :jonnycat:

Charade is Hepburn's best movie by light years, and one of the best movies of the decade. It's been one of my favorites since I was a kid.

I loathe Love In The Afternoon. Gary Cooper was badly miscast and that did not go unnoticed when it was released; the awkward age gap was mentioned in every review and the bad press convinced him to get a facelift, which did nothing for him. I do not think he's ugly tho. At his peak in the 30s and 40s he was one of the most beautiful men ever to appear before a camera. In fact, he's the man in my avi. :chick1:

• Like 1

The new haunted mansion is a joke :deadbanana2: it's do bad i couldn't even finish it. 

• Haha 1

Watched Edens lake again

Killers of the Flower Moon.

I think it's one of Leo's best films and should be nominated for Oscars.

Pinocchio (2022) - 6/10

Felt depressing and not as charming as the original, but overall not a bad movie 

Zodiac (2007) - 6.6/10

Good acting, decent plot and Jake Gyllenhaal was nice to look at 

The Flash! 8/10 Movie!

It was a totally good movie, I don’t understand the hate! I’m very critical of superhero movies and this was undeserving of the hate it got!

When Evil Lurks - A super orginal take on demonic possession. Not a lot of jump scares but it makes up for it with some very unsettling moments. The protagonist is an idiot, which makes some parts of the film frustrating to watch. Overall; one of the better horror movies of 2023.

I recently rewatched David Gordon Green's Halloween trilogy, and the dip in quality is significantly noticeable. Halloween (2018) is easily a solid 7. Even if you thought it was mid, it's definitely not worse than a 5/10. If you genuinely think it's terrible, I'd be curious to hear why. 

Meanwhile, Kills and Ends are easily a 3/10. The decisions characters make are so nonsensical and stupid in the sequels-- it's like Green thought all the kills/gore would drive the story, but he forgets smart characters and building tension are what make John Carpenter's original, the 2018 remake, and even H20-- to a degree-- so enjoyable to watch. These films, unfortunately, are almost as bad as Rob Zombie's Halloween movies and even Halloween: Resurrection. The only Halloween movie I remember being outright unwatchable was the sixth film. I've never seen the Unrated Producer's Cut, but I've heard it actually makes the original worse. 

I also saw David Gordon Green's The Exorcist: Believer in theaters, and while I was entertained enough to give it a weak 5/10 or a strong 4/10, it's still not good. I usually rewatch horror films I've seen in theaters (and even own the digital copies if they're even somewhat decent), but it was so mid, there's no reason to sit through it a second time. 

David Gordon Green might have just had a fluke because he's 1 for 4 for his horror films. 

On 11/6/2023 at 9:16 AM, Da Vinci said:

Jaws (1975) was as fun as I remember :jonny6: Spielberg's direction is just timeless and visceral

I also tried more Cary Grant movies starting with To Catch a Thief which BORED me except for the car scene and the fireworks scene

Grace Kelly disappointed me, I don't see her appeal tbh

Then I watched North by Northwest which is a MASTERPIECE mainly cause of this QUEEN :jonny5:

Eva Marie Saint owned the movie tbh

And I just saw that she voices Old Katara in TLOK ahh what a legend

try-not-to-say-mother-challenge.gif

Edit: OMG she's still alive at 99??? Outliving Elizabeth II ugh mother :jonny5:

North by Northwest is THAT *****! I highly recommend Rear Window too gal.

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2023 at 12:16 PM, Da Vinci said:

Grace Kelly disappointed me, I don't see her appeal tbh

Then I watched North by Northwest which is a MASTERPIECE

I love correct opinions :WAP:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.