Films you watched recently

Pol McCutie

Sabrina (1954)

Great Givenchy gowns, beautiful Givenchy gowns :jonny6:

tumblr_oxl0vpsrvg1qbilh4o1_1280.jpg

Her outfits in this movie looked way better than anything in that overrated Breakfast at Racism's :mandown:

But unfortunately Sabrina's a pick me (sis love yourself!) Eat the rich :celestial5:

But then again, Linus is like pushing 60 and will probably croak soon so the good sis might be onto something :mandown:

Edit: Not the actor who plays Sabrina's father being 4 years younger than Humphrey Bogart :deadbanana4: And not him being 30 years older than Audrey :rip:

• Haha 1

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flower moon

• Into The Void

• Walk_Away21

• Reverse Warholian

On 7/6/2023 at 2:40 PM, Da Vinci said:

Just watched Desire (1936)

Gaslight (the jeweler and the psychiatrist)

Gatekeep (the pearls)

Girlboss (Marlene Dietrich)

eda1cffc8991fdef7e169b9fd35187a3.jpg

marlene-dietrich-desire-1936-11.jpeg

try-not-to-say-mother-challenge.gif

stan Mother of Mothers :WAP:

Strange Magic (2015): I watched this one with my partner and they said it was so bad that it's kinda good. Pretty much agree with that. Some of the pacing/cuts was an absolute mess, but the animation was pretty.

We Need to Do Something (2021): This was... fine... but the parallels between the literal/psychological and supernatural elements were a bit difficult to understand without watching an explanation and/or thinking about it deeper. I actually have a desire to read the novella.

Next up are Clock (the Hulu original film) and Barbie in no particular order. I am currently in the process of re-watching the Saw franchise in preparation for X. I'm doing it with my partner who has only seen the first one before this and next up is IV.

Searching - 5/10

Started off nicely but the final twist sucked so bad it ruined the whole impression :(

I hate plot twists that are done just for the shock value

Edited by Flomik

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. i really struggled to get thru this one. kinda felt like one super long trailer. too much going on. 5/10
first one was SO much better

No Hard Feelings - 6.5 out of 10 :gaycat2:

Just saw Joyland (2022) and I'm shook, one of the bests films I've ever seen. :jonny5:

just saw Brokeback mountain :chick3: 9/10 

I just don't understand how he really died? or was it left for us to decide?

it really felt like they were in love in this... the acting is so real!

heath :weeps:

Edited by Johnny Jacobs
  • Like 1

Gone girl such a great movie :clap3: 

Oppenheimer (2023) - a masterpiece, 9.5/10

Talk to Me (2023) - a superb horror, keeping me on edge throughout despite very little jump scare, 8/10

Inside the Yellow Cocoon Shell (2023) - a Vietnamese arthouse that won the Caméra d'Or this year, super slow pace and not very story-driven, but rewarding experience with its sublime rawness, 8/10

Edited by superben

• 2 weeks later...

Still not over PAST LIVES. :jonny5:

Insidious: The Red Door (2023)

8/10

I've watched all the Insidious movies cuz I always enjoy them and this was no exception. My sister dragged me out of bed to go to a late night screening so I was concerned I might fall asleep some point but this movie woke me the f*ck up!

1 minute ago, Reverse Warholian said:

I never recommended this. Prepare for mess :dies:

Screaming should I bail :bibliahh:

3 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Screaming should I bail :bibliahh:

No it's still entertaining af. Kristen Wiig's character in the final act is me during Excelgate :rip:

Edited by Reverse Warholian
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.