K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

10 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

You have to be trolling :ahh:she is the most beloved member, Jihyo would be selling 50k and that's a reach imo. And I bet Dahyun/Chaeyoung/Jeongyeon couldn't scrap 100k on gaon.

Why are you saying that as if it’s a bad thing though lol. Not everyone from a group can succeed solo we all know that. But what that user said about Twice not having many akgaes is true compared to a lot of other big groups.

yLN0Fwo.gif

also let’s not assume anything for Jihyo/Jeongyeon/Dahyun/Chaeyoung. K-once’s and C-once’s might come thruuu

yLN0Fwo.gif

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking of miss jennifer, will we ever get a solo.mp3 comeback?

yLN0Fwo.gif

I thought the reason Twice never had as many akgaes is because they've never had an opportunity to do things solo :rip: it's either a group project or nothing, it's only recently that they've been given things outside the group

27 minutes ago, Gaia said:

It’s smarter honestly. I’m not sure why companies wait until groups are past their peak to promote solo activities. Taeyeon was lucky she was an undeniable star and could still succeed as she did despite already being 8 years into her career. Female idols tend to have a short expiration.

Jennie getting a solo after their national hit was a great decision.

Cuz it would create conflict. There's a reason why BP has so many akgaes :giraffe: 

1 minute ago, Sept said:

Cuz it would create conflict. There's a reason why BP has so many akgaes :giraffe: 

There’s also a reason they’re 10x more popular than the next group 

:'(

Kyujin looks beautiful in red btw :msmarvel:

Edited by xfreshkidxx

11 minutes ago, Gaia said:

That’s true. They had their national hit similar to Aespa being less than a year after debut which would be too soon. I think after WIL would have been great. They already had like 7 comebacks at that time and were established without it feeling “too soon”

Their lack of solo activities is why their popularity/digital power tanked after only 3-4 years. They were originally popular for their individual charm, but literally never showed off their individual charm :rip: 

I think after WIL? I’d agree with. However instead JYP completely pivoted the group’s sound and image and market entirely 

I do agree with you on the fact that they were popular due to their charms. They were sort of the quintessential girls next door for Korea so I have no clue why they weren’t allowed CFs or acting or something to keep their individual profiles strong as well as the group 

32 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

washed Scienshit

Not yet I guess

LOONA hard song might be bad, but they actually pull them off better than Flop That. (changing the center for bight concept might be a start).

Edited by Xalric

23 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

speaking of miss jennifer, will we ever get a solo.mp3 comeback?

yLN0Fwo.gif

:katie2:

:tsk:

57 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

You have to be trolling :ahh:she is the most beloved member, Jihyo would be selling 50k and that's a reach imo. And I bet Dahyun/Chaeyoung/Jeongyeon couldn't scrap 100k on gaon.

Nayeon doesn’t even have the biggest fandom :deadbanana4: If Wendy who is the least popular member can sell 200k what make you think the least popular of twice can’t pull 200k. 
twice has the chance to have not so many akgaes and a loyal fanbase, so the support is fair enough even if there’s a gap in popularity for some members. 

Edited by Dialamba

Something tells me Momo will be the Lisa of TWICE and flop domestically but have an international thot bop a la Money

yLN0Fwo.gif

2 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Nayeon doesn’t even have the biggest fandom :deadbanana4: If Wendy which is the least popular member can sell 200k what make you think the least popular of twice can’t pull 200k. 
twice has the chance to have not so many akgaes and a loyal fanbase, so the support is fair enough even if there’s a gap in popularity for some members. 

Yeah I mean Tzuyu and Sana might sell more than Nayeonce and that’s not even a reach (if they ever get solos that is lmao)

plus having not many akgaes means the groups fans supporting every member at the end of the day. And we all know the once fanbase is big so all the members will benefit in some capacity.

yLN0Fwo.gif

Momo would dominate Japan with her solo i think

yLN0Fwo.gif

disbandment where 

yLN0Fwo.gif

1 minute ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Momo would dominate Japan with her solo i think

yLN0Fwo.gif

Momo and Sana will undoubtedly be superstars in Japan (if they aren’t already), their solos will cement that if they ever release

yLN0Fwo.gif

nayeon bigger than twice :duca: 

when momoriah unleashes her hidden chen level vocal ability and debuts with a ballad

yLN0Fwo.gif

16 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Momo and Sana will undoubtedly be superstars in Japan (if they aren’t already), their solos will cement that if they ever release

yLN0Fwo.gif

Now I kinda want Momo and Sana releasing at the same time for the sh*t and giggles

yLN0Fwo.gif

Edited by Mr. Blue_Shirt

25 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

If Wendy who is the least popular member can sell 200k what make you think the least popular of twice can’t pull 200k. 

WENDY is not the "least popular" member of Red Velvet. 

8 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

nayeon bigger than twice :duca: 

Nayeon having her Hyuna/4Minute. Waiting for that Bubble Pop POP! mashup. :WAP:

Kinda love that warner is releasing content slowly over time to tide people over, unlike jyp having these long silent promo gaps

that one girl in NMIXX (one of the taller ones) def had eye surgery since debut. lookin like a doll :gaycat3: