K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

6 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

I had no idea Becky Hill did the original sample.. did she write the song? 

She did, alongside MNEK

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Cotton said:

Honestly Aespa have just been confirmed for like 1.5M preorders? IVE are definitely bigger digitally/streaming wise but with those pre-order numbers idk how you can say that Aespa isn’t clearing the girls still :deadbanana4:

At this point these GG will break their own records does it matter. I can see at least 4 GG selling 1M this year. :gaycat5:

I really like Life's Too Short's bridge :party: 

When the boys sell 1M+ albums and do bad chartwise: FLOPS!!!

When aespa do 1M+ albums on pre-orders and do bad chartwise: ALBUM SELLERS!!! :clap3:

I’m sure the girls will continue to get hits with their titles but the mental gymnastics I’ve seen here the past week to justify the group’s terrible output,  chart run, ticket sales this era are just :skull: 

Edited by CrisPop

I am yet to watch the Neyeon video, but this gif is giving Somi Birthday.

yLN0Fwo.gif

They did a version where everyone is an idol :duca: 

19 minutes ago, Cotton said:

Honestly Aespa have just been confirmed for like 1.5M preorders? IVE are definitely bigger digitally/streaming wise but with those pre-order numbers idk how you can say that Aespa isn’t clearing the girls still :deadbanana4:

SM artists has always been slaying the physical sales. Th only artists selling more has been BTS, Seventeen and Twice for some reasons. 

(Edit I forgot the part time singers BP) 

Edited by Xalric

1 hour ago, Axel. said:

:celestial5:

bts are nobodies solo. we celebrate. jungkook tanked, V tanked, jimin tanked, RM tanked, j-hope tanked, jin won't even attempt. only suga scored hits 

yLN0Fwo.gif

14 minutes ago, CrisPop said:

When the boys sell 1M+ albums and do bad chartwise: FLOPS!!!

When aespa do 1M+ albums on pre-orders and do bad chartwise: ALBUM SELLERS!!! :clap3:

I’m sure the girls will continue to get hits with their titles but the mental gymnastics I’ve seen here the past week to justify the group’s terrible output,  chart run, ticket salea this era are just :skull: 

drag the photocard sellers :dies:  they're gonna say "SM artists always do bad on streaming!!!" well why is that?

yLN0Fwo.gif

21 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

At this point these GG will break their own records does it matter. I can see at least 4 GG selling 1M this year. :gaycat5:

I’m not even a My but they’re still the second girl group ever that’s gonna pull those numbers regardless if other girl groups pass 1M.

11 minutes ago, Xalric said:

SM artists has always been slaying the physical sales. Th only artists selling more has been BTS, Seventeen and Twice for some reasons. 

(Edit I forgot the part time singers BP) 

But I’m talking about Aespa being the top seller of their generation which has nothing to do with company fandom strength. That isn’t a given just debuting with SM

IVE definitely have potential to become #1 but that isn’t the case at all right now :toofunny3:  BP debuted being more global and having better digitals than Twice and only really surpassed 100% in 2018/2019. Y’all gotta be objective 

Edited by Cotton

Aespa flopping:biblionny: Yawn’s pre-release went into top 10 on Melon chart and certified top 10 hit on Gaon so I thought they would chart better? Maybe  the Sing Sing scandal damaged their reputation ala Japanny & Jessica gate:deadbanana:

1 minute ago, Cotton said:

I’m not even a My but they’re still the second girl group ever that’s gonna pull those numbers regardless if other girl groups pass 1M.

But I’m talking about Aespa being the top seller of their generation which has nothing to do with company fandom strength. That isn’t a given just debuting with SM

Most of SM artists has been the best sellers of their generation, only the 3rd Generation :mrpeanut:failed:mrpeanut: to do so, but still were pretty high.

Why does both nayeon and aespa's sings could be on Somi's debut album :coffee2:

Anyway IVE will most likely sell their first million copies with their first mini album especially when they do digi pack. Speaking of million seller, IVE actually is the fastest million selling girl group with their combined sales from their first 2 single albums

IVE the 4th gen leaders until Baemon's debut yeah not interested anymore but now that it's lowkey confirmed that there's gonna be another thai member plus rumoured chinese and japanese members, the group is gonna be huge! YG girl groups always does well in korea, China and on the west. A single yg article last year alone have gotten 140M reads in china that was insane!

Edited by GucciBang

This song will never sound good, even with decent/good vocalists it sounds like a mess

1 hour ago, BTS said:

What the **** is this

They could have done an akmu song or smth why tf are siblings grinding on each other 1:04  :deadbanana4:

disgusting :biblio:

2 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Most of SM artists has been the best sellers of their generation, only the 3rd Generation :mrpeanut:failed:mrpeanut: to do so, but still were pretty high.

It doesn’t matter though. It’s still not the standard in this day and age of Kpop for SM artists to be the #1 sellers. Soooo much has happened since 1st and 2nd gen Kpop it’s just not the same.

41 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

both Pop! and Life's Too Short are horrible omg :toofunny2:  I do love the bridge in Life's Too Short though 

i've switched, Pop! is an absolute serve

yLN0Fwo.gif

2 hours ago, Sorecer said:

JISUS CHRIST :jonny5:

Booked & beautiful 

She really has such soft features and the styling of this is totally different from the hyper feminine looks she’s usually in :heart2:

NMIXX Icy cover :jonny:  every time I watch these girls cover something I wanna stan, JYP is going to hell for giving them that debut EP.

9 minutes ago, Kety said:

Aespa flopping:biblionny: Yawn’s pre-release went into top 10 on Melon chart and certified top 10 hit on Gaon so I thought they would chart better? Maybe  the Sing Sing scandal damaged their reputation ala Japanny & Jessica gate:deadbanana:

not everyone can have a successful english b-side. :mandown:

I'm sure they'll do really well with Girls if it's at least as good as Illusion. :celestial5:

1 hour ago, DanceFreak said:

The Pop choreo should just have been simple. The biggest recent smashes from ggs all had simple choreo (next level, tomboy)

TWICE haven’t had simple choreo since Fancy really 

I think The Scientist tried to do that 

I still don’t remember how Pop goes and I’ve listened to it 3 times :rip: 

So Mbc groups are better performers than MNET groups... Between St1f & Lip*Syncer and TAN & the kids from class:y. (It's too bad TAN song is disgusting).

Edited by Xalric

ugh when it comes to this kind of stuff no one does it better than TWICE :jonny: maybe they should've kept doing cute until they're like 40, it's not like they look old like SNSD anyway