Taylor Swift

Achilles.

The LH BTS video is so cute :jonny4: I wish we will get another doc like Miss Americana but just her in the studio, maybe the rerecords.

• Replies 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LiamVillain said:

spacer.png

:nicole:

I guess it will be like Rehearsals or something.

So red still have the record for the biggest country album debut. 

ww 90.8M, Us 46M

morgan wallen 52M Us 44m

fearless WW 50.7M Us: 26M 

even if we don't want to count Red as a full country album fearless made like wallen with 10 tracks less and 2/3 of the tracks as old songs re recorded.

She could make a 100M + debut even with a full country album and these country radios are snubbing her when she sent them some new country tracks post 1989. The only one who is making their local music something global. 

Edited by vale9001

One of the last arguements against Taylor’s success - her lack of songs with a billion streams on Spotify - will expire pretty soon. Give her 3 more years and she could very well have more 1 billion+ songs than anyone else. Even a year from now she’ll have around 10. The current record is Ariana with 8.

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

ww 90.8M, Us 46M

morgan wallen 52M Us 44m

even if we don't want to count Red as a full country album fearless made like wallen with 10 tracks less and 2/3 of the tracks as old songs re recorded.

She could make a 100M + debut even with a full country album and these country radios are snubbing her when she sent them some new country tracks post 1989. The only one who is making their local music something global. 

IBYTAM did ok but it deserved way more

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

ww 90.8M, Us 46M

morgan wallen 52M Us 44m

If she ever cares to try to make amends with the country radio format for a future album - and I don't see her wanting to, but you never know, she's a businesswoman after all - it's going to take a lot of work. For whatever reason they viewed her going full pop with 1989 as a major transgression, a total betrayal, which was never actually accurate or fair. I have no doubt she could have sent **** like Ivy, Right Where You Left Me, Cowboy Like Me, etc. to the top ten on country radio had they not developed this distrustful vendetta against her for taking some time to explore other spaces.

I Bet You Think About Me actually seemed to kind of start the process, reaching #23 on country radio and getting some country award nominations, but I feel like it would take an actual new country album a full press tour of "I'm going back to country, I missed you all so much!" crap to really get full buy-in. And while I can see her going country again... I don't really know if she'll do the whole walk of shame thing since it's deeply rooted in sexism and the sense that country as a format is entitled to her creative output because they supported her early work.

12 =
Kane Brown & Katelyn Brown - Thank God
145 10   49.84 -0.45            
13 =
Morgan Wallen - Thought You Should Know
105 13   47.99 -0.54            
14 +1
Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze
98 14   47.43 +0.65

:redface:

Edited by By the Water

littlebodybigheart
4 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

If she ever cares to try to make amends with the country radio format for a future album - and I don't see her wanting to, but you never know, she's a businesswoman after all - it's going to take a lot of work. For whatever reason they viewed her going full pop with 1989 as a major transgression, a total betrayal, which was never actually accurate or fair. I have no doubt she could have sent **** like Ivy, Right Where You Left Me, Cowboy Like Me, etc. to the top ten on country radio had they not developed this distrustful vendetta against her for taking some time to explore other spaces.

I Bet You Think About Me actually seemed to kind of start the process, reaching #23 on country radio and getting some country award nominations, but I feel like it would take an actual new country album a full press tour of "I'm going back to country, I missed you all so much!" crap to really get full buy-in. And while I can see her going country again... I don't really know if she'll do the whole walk of shame thing since it's deeply rooted in sexism and the sense that country as a format is entitled to her creative output because they supported her early work.

let’s be real, the most she would need would be a radio deal and she would be okay on country

The Lavender Haze remixes are so good 

Lowkey like the LH remixes :matty:

If she's touring Europe in summer 2024 I don't see her announcing the dates before may/july, unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, ariananext said:

If she's touring Europe in summer 2024 I don't see her announcing the dates before may/july, unfortunately. 

I don't see her announcing them before October/November actually. 

If there is any new leg announcement in Spring/Summer this year, I imagined it would be Oceania/Latin America. 

5 minutes ago, Klein said:

I don't see her announcing them before October/November actually. 

If there is any new leg announcement in Spring/Summer this year, I imagined it would be Oceania/Latin America. 

Usually artists announce European dates one year before they happen, that's what I was thinking. But yeah, it makes sense if she's planning on touring the other continents first. I wish we could have the dates without the tickets actually going on sale until later :deadbanana4:

cmiir, Anti-Hero staying Top 10 this week would make it pass Blank Space as her second longest running Top 10 with 18 weeks total, only behind SIO's 24

It looks like NO song from Skidnights won't surpass the excellence of Don't Blame Jesus on Spotify. But dated song from Max!!!!

0qzu0Km.gif

15 minutes ago, Brando said:

cmiir, Anti-Hero staying Top 10 this week would make it pass Blank Space as her second longest running Top 10 with 18 weeks total, only behind SIO's 24

It's already spent 18 weeks in the top 10 and surpassed Blank Space, AH is about to spend its 19th week in the top 10

1 minute ago, Brando said:

Are you sure? Tomorrow chart reveal will be its 18th week

nnnn sis check Billboard, Anti-Hero has already charted 18 weeks and the one revealed tomorrow will be its 19th :gaycat6:

10 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

nnnn sis check Billboard, Anti-Hero has already charted 18 weeks and the one revealed tomorrow will be its 19th :gaycat6:

ye, i realised musicchartsarchive is one week behind for some reason 

So people under the tweet saying Midnights is at 8M units say chartmasters updated her pure sales (so 3M)... but I don't see anything? :huh: 

@simmnfierzig any idea?

Edited by Squall

9 minutes ago, Squall said:

So people under the tweet saying Midnights is at 8M units say chartmasters updated her pure sales (so 3M)... but I don't see anything? :huh: 

@simmnfierzig any idea?

Yeah idk. Still see it at 1.9M there

Maybe for subscribers a bit early 

1 minute ago, simmnfierzig said:

Yeah idk. Still see it at 1.9M there

Maybe for subscribers a bit early 

Wait, he has this feature? :deadbanana4:

4 minutes ago, Squall said:

Wait, he has this feature? :deadbanana4:

Idk. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.