Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

Anyways in less than 2 weeks we know the tour setlist, ready for more meltdowns

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

This is going to be the real mess because there's no way it'll satisfy everyone. 

Puta stans: *make everything about puta*

Also puta fans: "why is puta always the topic of conversation?"

Then again, if there's one thing they'll do is rewrite history. That era was dead before its tour and the numbers show what happened after it ended

38 - 45 - 57 - 62 - 65 - 68 - 77 - 86 - 90 - 81 - 87 - 99

Since we’re 10 days away from the Eras tour starting, let’s rank our albums once per day as a countdown to celebrate her discography

I’ll start with my 10th spot today

10. Self titled

33 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Then again, if there's one thing they'll do is rewrite history. That era was dead before its tour and the numbers show what happened after it ended

38 - 45 - 57 - 62 - 65 - 68 - 77 - 86 - 90 - 81 - 87 - 99

And it's this week #100 or something and it was #60 a month ago. Longevity tings.

19 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

And it's this week #100 or something and it was #60 a month ago. Longevity tings.

... it's not like 1989, an older album, hasn't been above it literally every single week that Reputation scraped onto the BB200 (until it started its current streak) since at least folklore (I couldn't be bothered to go back any further for Puta). That week Puta was at 60, 1989 was at 35.

This week, Puta might be at 100, but there are six Taylor albums charting comfortably above it in the top 60 (where Puta peaked at the height of the Midnights frenzy). You can brag about its longevity all you want, but compared to the rest of Taylor's discography, it underperforms. 

Enough time has passed to admit that Midnights is an extremely ok album and is still a major disappointment. It makes me nervous that she might see how well it’s done on streaming and think that this sound/theme is what we want from her. Compared to folklore and evermore, Midnights sucks. It’s still a decent album but it’s nothing compared to what she is capable of. It feels like ten steps backwards. TS10 should have been an ambitious and experimental masterpiece in a new sound that builds on the artistic growth shown on the last two albums. Midnights is not that. It feels like the natural successor to Lover.

She's not even going to tease the tour huh? :gaycat6:

She now truly only engages with fans when she wants us to spend money. Nothing outside of that.

Even during the reputation era she'd be more active… :gaycat6:

19th week in the top 5 for Midnights

1 hour ago, idkwiam said:

A Taylor Swift album with longevity? Groundbreaking

3 hours ago, TaylenaStan said:

I already said there are several reason why reputation performed like it did: 

Yes a bad album tends to be dropped by the GP :cm:

3 hours ago, TaylenaStan said:

she could have released any TURD in MIDnights place and it  would have broken the streaming record due to IMMENSE hype she built up since Red (TV):snowman:

You can literally make the same argument for puta which was the follow up the her royal peak :deadvision: LWYMMD only pulled those debut numbers because of shock factor and it being her first lead single after 1989. Puta only sold as much as it did (in its first week because we know it was frontloaded as HELL) because it was the follow up to 1989, but people immediately tossed it in the trash where it belongs after they listened to it. It had the worst longevity out of any of her albums up until that point, and even now only evermore beats it. Puta would have been an even bigger disaster had it not been released as the follow up to 1989 :deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, By the Water said:

Nnn this tea :deadbanana4: the insecurity that reeks off of them whenever they bring it up trying to convince hope that it isn’t a terrible album :bibliahh: once again, you don’t see any other subset of swifties behave that way outside of gaylors :deadbanana4:

This hybrid stan whose ATRL personality is to rabble-rouse and hide behind Taylor’s success is still here? :bibliahh:

On a Sunday too? :bibliahh:

Edited by Taylor fanboy

3 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

This hybrid stan whose ATRL personality is to rabble-rouse and hide behind Taylor’s success is still here? :bibliahh:

Who?

Before the start of the Eras Tour, let me remind you guys of the fact that the setlist of the Lover Fest was finalised, practiced, and recorded before the Covid lockdown in March 2020. 30+ songs were recorded live, including 22, Bad Blood, and All Too Well with new renditions, and 16 Lover tracks (including a drums remix of Afterglow). Someone needs to leak those too now!

55 minutes ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Before the start of the Eras Tour, let me remind you guys of the fact that the setlist of the Lover Fest was finalised, practiced, and recorded before the Covid lockdown in March 2020. 30+ songs were recorded live, including 22, Bad Blood, and All Too Well with new renditions, and 16 Lover tracks (including a drums remix of Afterglow). Someone needs to leak those too now!

wait how do we know this?

I wouldn’t call Midnights just an ok album from her. You can’t really make fair comparison against folklore and evermore, because of the sound and atmosphere of those albums, but then again, I understand Midnights is being labelled as solid project because she hasn’t left out her lyricism. People may have their opinions on the production of certain songs, but Anti-Hero is her best written hit alongside Blank Space fot example ( cardigan and willow are also there though ). Not to mention how elaborate she is on You’re on Your Own, Kid, Mastermind and Aaron Dessner tracks ( not only on those ). She has gone for moodier vibe, but she also displayed Lavender Haze and Karma, songs that are definitely something fresher and newer to her. In fact, sound of Lavender Haze, Karma and False God for a complete album would be a dream. :heart2:

Also, Seeb’s Delicate, Roosevelt’s Anti-Hero, Clean Bandit’s You Need To Calm Down, Snakehips’s Lavender Haze, her version of This Is What You Came For and Dancing With Our Hands Tied truly give reasons for starting petition for Taylor’s Club. :flame:

When she performs a medley of High Infidelity and TIWYCF on April 29th:wanda:

The idea that Midnights is some kind of disappointment doesn't sit right with me. To some people, sure, just like every one of her albums isn't for everybody and that's fine - but for some of us it remains an excellent pop album that we enjoy hearing. It'll struggle not to point to the fact that it's still top five on the Billboard 200, because I know that commercial success doesn't equate to quality, but it's doing well for a reason: a huge portion of the fanbase loved it, still loves it, and will continue to love it in the future.

littlebodybigheart
1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

The idea that Midnights is some kind of disappointment doesn't sit right with me. To some people, sure, just like every one of her albums isn't for everybody and that's fine - but for some of us it remains an excellent pop album that we enjoy hearing. It'll struggle not to point to the fact that it's still top five on the Billboard 200, because I know that commercial success doesn't equate to quality, but it's doing well for a reason: a huge portion of the fanbase loved it, still loves it, and will continue to love it in the future.

that and the gp also resonates with this album a lot. it’s one of her best and people love it for a reason.

2 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

I don't really understand this either. For me Midnights is her best pop album, maybe battling 1989. The only songs that I actually find questionable/bad are Question...?, Vigilante S*** and Snow On The Beach. The rest ranks from decent to career highlights imo. 

Maroon and WCS are still stronger than pretty much any other Taylor pop song except Wildest Dreams imo (though I know you hate WD :laugh:). 

First of all reputation slander will not be tolerated. 

SECONDLY, You all are not prepapred for how viral this tour is about to go on social media. Every tour night will mean a whole new batch of taylor content which could include unique monologues, song choices, outfits, accidents ….

her catalog is gonna go through the roof and she needs to ******* drop speak now tv immediately 

Edited by delugeional

4 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Every time I return to it I like it even more!

Edited by Kyle-x

Is she really about to perform ME! on this tour?

I hope its one of the songs that don't make the final cut even after the soundcheck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.