Taylor Swift

Achilles.

4 hours ago, mael said:

hello girlies, just wanted to let you know that I will be unstanning Her.

Why?

spacer.png

• Replies 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

RFI = Cowboy Like Me

New Year’s Day = Peace

She ain’t slick for recycling themes. :deadbanana2:

5 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

The way Beyonce, a 40 year old woman 25 years into her career is getting multiple week top 10/ number 1 singles while Taylor would probably never achieve that again because of her awful, out of touch, corny singles and weird strategy on focusing on first week peaks instead of longevity :deadbanana2:. We miss you Scott Borchetta.

Beyoncé didn’t get one for a decade…everyone say the same for her. Apart Taylor is ten time bigger than Bey right now, she just need to release a good pop single with radio appeal. She already has the streams for a multi weeks she just need that pop radio spin her song.

4 hours ago, wsurferwayne said:

I agree!! Actually she could have given folklore the 1989 treatment with august, exile and the lakes!!! I hope that reputation tv deserve the 1989 treatment with I did something bad, dancing with our hands tied, dress, don't blame me, getaway car and this is why you can't have nice things!!! Plus a solo version of idwlf and her version of this is what you came for!!! Personally I think that reputation tv could be the 1989 of the Taylor versions commercial wise!!!

That wasn’t the purpose or narrative of folklore. She wanted to make a point and she did it

4 hours ago, wsurferwayne said:

I agree!! Actually she could have given folklore the 1989 treatment with august, exile and the lakes!!! I hope that reputation tv deserve the 1989 treatment with I did something bad, dancing with our hands tied, dress, don't blame me, getaway car and this is why you can't have nice things!!! Plus a solo version of idwlf and her version of this is what you came for!!! Personally I think that reputation tv could be the 1989 of the Taylor versions commercial wise!!!

That wasn’t the purpose or narrative of folklore. She wanted to make a point and she did it

I have little faith that she can pick the right song. I don't think she has anyone in her life that will give her a honest opinion or somebody that she respects enough to take that opinion to heart. Jack and Ed would be the only possibilities, but Ed's probably too nice and Jack doesn't really have the best ear or sound for hits anyway. There's a reason Taylor uses somebody else rather than him for the vast majority of her singles.  It used to be Scott and Lorde that would tell her what she needed to hear, but now she's just surrounded by a bunch of yes men.

Speaking of Lorde, remember when Taylor tried to fool the world that Lorde likes Welcome To New York? :ahh:

Had Taylor listened to Lorde, as she was right on Blank Space being a smash, Dress would have been a SMASH, the only song Lorde acknowledges from reputation.

I could see Taylor doing something for the original Red’s 10-year anniversary this fall, maybe as a way to promote All Too Well for the Grammys. An online concert/concert film for Red would be cool, especially because it’s the only tour we don’t have a film from.

5 hours ago, igotabigfatass said:

TS10 lead next week I just know it.

4 hours ago, Hunter_13 said:

Ten days! :mandown:

If she will release anything this year, she will release within 10 days.

:gaycat:

1 hour ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Speaking of Lorde, remember when Taylor tried to fool the world that Lorde likes Welcome To New York? :ahh:

Had Taylor listened to Lorde, as she was right on Blank Space being a smash, Dress would have been a SMASH, the only song Lorde acknowledges from reputation.

i remember taylor said that ed was telling her she should make bad blood the lead of 1989 instead of shake it off ...  we truly dodged a bullet there

Black Pink kinda help to ease the wait. Im ok with her release Speak now TV in November now.

Taylor's biggest mistake was not releasing Paper Rings as the lead single off of Lover accompanied by a music video with a feminist take on Disney princess stories and an IG post of her engagement ring with the caption 'Baby, I said YES'.

A political message. Media buzz. Radio candy. Fans happy. Everybody wins.

Taylor, please, hire me.

3 minutes ago, Jaspurr said:

Taylor's biggest mistake was not releasing Paper Rings as the lead single off of Lover accompanied by a music video with a feminist take on Disney princess stories and an IG post of her engagement ring with the caption 'Baby, I said YES'.

Taylor, please, hire me.

:clap3: After much consideration, Lover is indeed the right lead single choice for Lover. It’s upbeat, it’s very in-your-face and it’s actually a good song with a naturally catchy melody and genuinely fun and charming lyrics. It was the first song that instantly clicked with me and most of the fanbase. Cruel Summer is too much of re-hash of her previous pop albums, although would be great as a second single. Lover was good as a single later.

2 minutes ago, Arrows said:

:clap3: After much consideration, Lover is indeed the right lead single choice for Lover. It’s upbeat, it’s very in-your-face and it’s actually a good song with a naturally catchy melody and genuinely fun and charming lyrics. It was the first song that instantly clicked with me and most of the fanbase. Cruel Summer is too much of re-hash of her previous pop albums, although would be great as a second single. Lover was good as a single later.

Cruel Summer would've flopped as a single. The girls just ain't ready for that conversation. Just because it's a beloved Taylor track now doesn't mean it would've worked at the time.

1st single: Paper Rings

Promo single: YNTCD

2nd single/album launch: Miss Americana with a controversial video

3rd single: Just send whatever pulls huge numbers on streaming services to the radio

Her singles have just been a mess for one reason or another for a while now. She definitely needs to stop releasing around the holiday season for a start. ATW10 was #1 on US spotify at one point in its 3rd week but ended up at #21 on the hot 100 :rip: She also needs to go back to pre-release singles or they just end up overshadowed by the album release.

She def needs to go back to the traditional rollout for TS10

4 promo singles for RED was one of the best decisions of her career, I'd say. I was more of a GP member at the time and I remember being so impressed by one punch after another every week and pre-ordering the album on iTunes because of the quality she was serving.

Exile has over 400M streams on spotify and almost 80M views on youtube from the lyric video alone. Like, be serious

25 minutes ago, By the Water said:

Exile has over 400M streams on spotify and almost 80M views on youtube from the lyric video alone. Like, be serious

I think that if there is ONE thing we can all agree on as a fandom is that exile could have been one of her biggest and most remember hits 

And it didn't even need that much of a special push, just pop radio, Spotify playlisting and a cheap music video; it would've been probably her biggest hit ever overseas too

Edited by itsjem

1 hour ago, Jaspurr said:

Taylor, please, hire me.

well... let's be thankful you don't work for her sis

1 hour ago, Jaspurr said:

Cruel Summer would've flopped as a single. The girls just ain't ready for that conversation. Just because it's a beloved Taylor track now doesn't mean it would've worked at the time.

1st single: Paper Rings

Promo single: YNTCD

2nd single/album launch: Miss Americana with a controversial video

3rd single: Just send whatever pulls huge numbers on streaming services to the radio

The way you managed to make the era worse :rip: 

49 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

well... let's be thankful you don't work for her sis

I'd put Scooter to shame with my shenanigans.

It's just she tried to have another huge era with Lover but she didn't have someone with the mind of a mastermind like me to help her.

I'm not expecting Gaga & Katy stans to get it though. 

14 minutes ago, Jaspurr said:

I'd put Scooter to shame with my shenanigans.

It's just she tried to have another huge era with Lover but she didn't have someone with the mind of a mastermind like me to help her.

I'm not expecting Gaga & Katy stans to get it though. 

okay so first check that lipstick sis because I’ve been a Taylor stan since Fearless, and have lived through everything since 2008. the fact that I also stan Gaga and she’s in my avi is meaningless. and also ki at you trying to get that clock in when Gaga has THE worst singe choices as well :rip:  moving on

it’s no secret what their strategy was during Lover and that it had terrible single choices, but Wet Paper Rings as a lead with a disney themed video is simply a really terrible concept judy :deadbanana2:

Edited by TaylorNation

Honestly, anything other than ME!th as a lead single would have worked better, even INTHAF or SYGB

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.