Emil Larsen
30 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

itunes is kinda over, but

1 speak now

2 speak now

3 fearless

4 red

6 lover

iTunes is still relevant in these countries: USA, UK, France, Germany, Australia.

• Replies 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

Emil Larsen

It's sad to see her haters made threads like "How can we stop Taylor's dominance?" Imagine being pressed by someone else's success when he/she didn't even take anything from you.

Emil Larsen
55 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Y'all really think she's going to release that many albums at once? How would people even buy them so close to each other? Now that would overexpose her :skull: 

But yes at debut! It's the one I'm most excited over, the upgrade will obliterate the OG

monoculture doesn't exist anymore. She will never be overexposed outside the sphere of people who follows her. That's one bright side of the death of monoculture. If she were a 1990s pop star and released so often like this, she would have been overexposed as everyone consumed the same music/media.

2 minutes ago, Emil Larsen said:

It's sad to see her haters made threads like "How can we stop Taylor's dominance?" Imagine being pressed by someone else's success when he/she didn't even take anything from you.

It’s funny as ****

• Haha 1

Emil Larsen
1 minute ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

It’s funny as ****

you can read Popheads' Midnights thread for the laughs. Popheads is truly miserable.

36 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

Yeah she isn't ready to be a legacy artist that prioritizes old releases over new releases.  On the same note, I don't think she will retire or take more than a 2 year hiatus in the short to medium term future. She might shorten/ skip tours or just do residencies if she ever has children but , from all of her public statements, she really loves making and releasing music.

Side note- I think the 1950s **** in Lavender Haze is in part calling out people who think she will be a traditional housewife and give up her career for her children. She doesn't seem to be that type at all.

Iirc she mentioned in her ms Americana docu that when she was 29 that was when she started feeling like an adult (this was when they were ordering burritos iirc) and knowing things about herself, she clearly feels stunted emotionally by the fame thrown her way and honestly I don’t think she plans on having kids at least not in the short term. She’ll probably marry in her 40s first

Emil Larsen

She is so good at hooks, especially in her self-written songs like Red, Mine and Love Story.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

It’s funny as ****

The worst part is no Swiftie clearly disagrees with them with a lot of the things they circlejerk about. Yes, she's not the best singer, yes she isn't a good dancer, and yet time and time again they will always a.) mention it again and b.) act as if its a GOTCHA to the swifties like we'll stop stanning if we ever came to the realization. The worst part is some stans the H1v3 will resort to calling her body shaming terms like an 'ironing board' :deadbanana2: the misogyny of it all

Like let Taylor be her white girl self ffs, she deserves this success because regardless of how they feel about her she's making moves and making ALL of them count. Its not her fault their faves take 5 years to produce 1 album barely cracking 75 on MC :toofunny3:

• Like 1

Just now, MingYouToo said:

The worst part is no Swiftie clearly disagrees with them with a lot of the things they circlejerk about. Yes, she's not the best singer, yes she isn't a good dancer, and yet time and time again they will always a.) mention it again and b.) act as if its a GOTCHA to the swifties like we'll stop stanning if we ever came to the realization. The worst part is some stans the H1v3 will resort to calling her body shaming terms like an 'ironing board' :deadbanana2: the misogyny of it all

Like let Taylor be her white girl self ffs, she deserves this success because regardless of how they feel about her she's making moves and making ALL of them count. Its not her fault their faves take 5 years to produce 1 album barely cracking 75 on MC :toofunny3:

They’re jobless losers :rip: let them! I learnt my lesson when I tried defending her in a thread last week against the HIV. They’re lacking any sort of literary comprehension or common sense.. :rip: they count their tears as we count our albums, music videos, Spotify streams and good health. God is GOOD to us, y’all! :heart: 

Hope you’re having an excellent day, sis! 

• Like 1

Emil Larsen
2 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

and the blatant ageism comments like "retire, old Hag, you are 34", "grandma".

A male artist is never called a "grandpa" even if he is in his 50s but whenever a female artist turns 30, she is called a grandma, a hag.

Just now, Emil Larsen said:

A male artist is never called a "grandpa" even if he is in his 50s but whenever a female artist turns 30, she is called a grandma, a hag.

It’s a coping mechanism. They’ve LOST. I imagine the Nazis had similar conversations after World War 2. They are allowed to have their opinions, but it’s not up to us to validate them! Just smile and wave, y’all! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

They’re jobless losers :rip: let them! I learnt my lesson when I tried defending her in a thread last week against the HIV. They’re lacking any sort of literary comprehension or common sense.. :rip: they count their tears as we count our albums, music videos, Spotify streams and good health. God is GOOD to us, y’all! :heart: 

Hope you’re having an excellent day, sis! 

Loving the positive energy we've created here :heart: hope your entire week is going great too!!!

Taylor Swift Hug GIF - Taylor Swift Hug Happy - Discover & Share GIFs

Just now, Emil Larsen said:

I honestly don't like thinking about those kinds of comments anymore simply because you'll never win against them. Systemically Taylor will always have ageism against her simply by virtue of being a woman. Madonna's Woman of the Year speech truly encapsulates what so many women in this industry face: 'To age is a sin.' 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Leave the hive alone since arguing with them will just cause them to keep on going. 

But in general, stans act like tours are something we are judge based on the artist's technical capability  which is insane.  In reality, the most important factor that fans judge tours on is the setlist.   Like if fans love the songs, a half decent performance will make them happy but if they dislike the song, an insane performance will at best make the song tolerable.  After that visuals, production, and crowd connection are also factors that effect fan's enjoyment of the tour.

People like Taylor's songs more so it doesn't matter at all if she isn't a good of dancer or vocalist as Beyonce. Especially since Beyonce choose to leave most of her big hits off the tour. She doesn't even perform, Singe Ladies, Halo, If I were a Boy or Drunk in Love.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Iirc she mentioned in her ms Americana docu that when she was 29 that was when she started feeling like an adult (this was when they were ordering burritos iirc) and knowing things about herself, she clearly feels stunted emotionally by the fame thrown her way and honestly I don’t think she plans on having kids at least not in the short term. She’ll probably marry in her 40s first

I don't think Taylor knows/ has a plan for when she will have kids or get married, especially since she doesn't have a bf. It could be in two years or twenty (Janet Jackson had her first child at 52). I do think from her lover-midnights lyrics that she was considering it with Joe but it didn't work out ( "I wouldn't marry me either" from You are Losing Me and peace's reference to giving him a child).

It's just funny when some of her haters stan less talented people :rip:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ugo said:

It's just funny when some of her haters stan less talented people :rip:

everyone is less talented :gaylorcat2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Emil Larsen
1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

everyone is less talented :gaylorcat2:

To be fair, the only person alive who is as talented musically as Taylor is Carly Rae Jepsen. I stan for these Queens.

Oh hi! I've been a long time lurker. Made this ac the last time they opened for registration. My first post.. ☠️

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Luther099 said:

Oh hi! I've been a long time lurker. Made this ac the last time they opened for registration. My first post.. ☠️

Welcome! Stream Electric Touch

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

Welcome! Stream Electric Touch

Well yes! Electric touch & timeless🤭

On 7/6/2023 at 6:02 AM, IBeMe said:

Damn!

1 = Points: 8208

She literally has the points big artists get the day they release a new album full of hits :rip: 

1 =

Never seen this :deadbanana4:

3 minutes ago, Bonicap said:
1 =

Never seen this :deadbanana4:

I've seen her points as high as 21000

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emil Larsen said:

and Scandimavian countries. She is super massive in Norway, followed by Denmark and Sweden. It can be seen that she is big in countries with high English proficiency.

Obviously this is very important when it comes to Taylor's music. If I play Dear John, All Too Well or the entirety of Folklore to my parents they would get bored in less than 30 seconds. And that's the average Spanish (or French, Italian...) listener. That doesn't mean she doesn't have a big fanbase of specially young people, but it's very difficult to penetrate into the GP. Her pop hits during 1989 era helped her with that but they are not that many and there are better artists at that. That's not her main strength.

• Like 1

When Emma Falls In Love followed by Dorothea for surprise piano songs... She's playing in your faces 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.