Taylor Swift

Achilles.

Yall are doing the most on the TVs here the only cardinal sin so far is her allowing that WIIIIEEEE on WANEGBT like honestly she deserves to have her next single flop for that alone :toofunny3:

Everything has been so so to amazing (with WANEGBT as the exception of being garbage) 

Girl at Home was remade and honestly that was Top 5 on RED TV imo the production was so airy and expansive, if she brings in the Seeb dude and Elvira back they may create a new spark for the pop TVs

• Replies 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Starchild said:

People trying to say she has to hurry the re recordings because of one review :bibliahh: yeah I'm sure she's gonna disregard the fact they keep selling more and more and people are loving them because some bland woman was whining about them 

It's sad. Laura Snapes had the last great profile on Taylor during the lover era (vogue profile sucked). Now I don't think Taylor will have Laura profile again if she ever does a profile again.

After listening to SN TV and revisiting RED TV im getting teary eyed :cries:

I love this ***** DOWN  like the career growth is so gag worthy! The girl who used to dominate the airwaves in my home country with her yeehaw teen music to now becoming a bonafide active legend :WAP: The hints of sonic shifts from TS - FEARLESS - SN - RED like just listening to Sweeter than Fiction THIS ***** was dreaming of being the biggest popstar in the world AHHH I bet New Romantics being produced was a holy moment for their team they KNEW they had a hit record on their hands :jonny5:

Im so proud of this discography shes created! Its why im so excited for debut TV its gotta be the most sonically shocking for us! Shes run the gamut from hard country, teen pop, poprock, synthpop, electro-r&b, jazz, alternative, drum n bass like :jonny5: her discog has something for EVERYONE!!!

• Like 1

Honestly the whiny, bratty, full of negativity part of the fandom is wayyyyyy worse than the cupcakes that they always make fun of. 

• Like 2

Personally I would also like her to hurry up with the re-recordings, but less because some randomly-mad journalist decided to throw a fit and more because I’d really like to finally have a fully listenable version of mixtape and it looks likely to be the very last one she does :cm:

28 minutes ago, pepsimanvn said:

Honestly the whiny, bratty, full of negativity part of the fandom is wayyyyyy worse than the cupcakes that they always make fun of. 

:coffee:

34 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Personally I would also like her to hurry up with the re-recordings, but less because some randomly-mad journalist decided to throw a fit and more because I’d really like to finally have a fully listenable version of mixtape and it looks likely to be the very last one she does :cm:

Agreed. My theory is that she will release 1989 and Rep TV on the tour and then TS 11 in Q4 2024. Then I have no idea when she will get around to debut tv which is the album that needs it most. I really want to listen to new studio version's of cold as you and should have said no.   

Our Song is the only song that doesn't need a big upgrade in vocals.

13 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

Agreed. My theory is that she will release 1989 and Rep TV on the tour and then TS 11 in Q4 2024. Then I have no idea when she will get around to debut tv which is the album that needs it most. I really want to listen to new studio version's of cold as you and should have said no.   

Our Song is the only song that doesn't need a big upgrade in vocals.

Y'all really think she's going to release that many albums at once? How would people even buy them so close to each other? Now that would overexpose her :skull: 

But yes at debut! It's the one I'm most excited over, the upgrade will obliterate the OG

Edited by Starchild

2 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Y'all really think she's going to release that many albums at once? How would people even buy them so close to each other? Now that would overexpose her :skull: 

But yes at debut! It's the one I'm most excited over, the upgrade will obliterate the OG

I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't but tvs can be released closer together than studio albums . She released fearless tv less than 4 months after evermore.  If she spaces out 1989 and rep with 4 months in between them, she would still have time to have a significant gap between the last tv and a Q4 2024 release. The eras tour is just perfect for promoting the rerecordings so she might want to put them more on them out while on it. The tour is going to keep her exposed no matter what she does, so she might want to just bite the bullet and keep on making use of it.

Speak Now TV doesn't look like it will have a super pushed single. I Can See You will have a nice debut but isn't being pushed on radio since cruel summer/karma are still smashing. So I think she could release another tv in 4 months if she wants too in order to have another Q4 for Christmas album sales.

If journalists can't stop writing thinkpieces about her, I would rather they write them about her albums.  Lastly, she is so overexposured right now but it doesn't seem to have hurt Speak Now Tv or her tour. I think overexposure is much less detrimental to Taylor now since she prioritizes her fanbases and doesn't do full press media promos anymore.

8 minutes ago, Starchild said:

I feel like it’s possible we’ll get 1989 in like 6-7 months and then Reputation at a similar interval after that, though I’m not totally convinced. The tour is admittedly the perfect promotional opportunity for the re-recordings - she was always going to do the tour anyway, and she doesn’t need to go around to talk shows and award shows and all that for the debut week. I could see her wanting to use that to her advantage.

But then I could also see her being musically silent until after the tour though, and milking this project until like 2030, so I don’t really know what to believe! :ducky: All I really know is that I’m pretty certain she’ll do a new album in fall 2024 - Midnights made me feel like she still prioritizes her pace of new releases over the re-recordings to some extent.

itunes is kinda over, but

1 speak now

2 speak now

3 fearless

4 red

6 lover

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

All I really know is that I’m pretty certain she’ll do a new album in fall 2024 - Midnights made me feel like she still prioritizes her pace of new releases over the re-recordings to some extent.

Yeah she isn't ready to be a legacy artist that prioritizes old releases over new releases.  On the same note, I don't think she will retire or take more than a 2 year hiatus in the short to medium term future. She might shorten/ skip tours or just do residencies if she ever has children but , from all of her public statements, she really loves making and releasing music.

Side note- I think the 1950s **** in Lavender Haze is in part calling out people who think she will be a traditional housewife and give up her career for her children. She doesn't seem to be that type at all.

• Like 1

Emil Larsen

Popheads is the most miserable and bitter place. Not liking Taylor's music is one thing, but Popheads desperately wanting to see Taylor fail is such miserable behavior. And I hate the way Popheads acts like Taylor's achievements hinders Carly's achievements. Both artists have their own lanes, no need to bring Taylor down to praise Carly. I indeed like Carly more but I was so annoyed the whole The Loneliest Time thread on Popheads was turned into an anti-Midnights thread when the release date is just coincidence. And much as I love Carly's music, she could have released her album in any week and her album would not have gone top 10 anyway.

Emil Larsen

Taylor's lack of chart success in France truly baffled me, considering that she is a touring force there. Anti-Hero only peaked at #32?? and Midnights spent only 2 weeks in top 10. Karma peaked at #127 and Lavender Haze peaked at #78. All 1989, Reputation and Lover's singles flopped except Shake It Off, which got its #6 peak after going viral in January 2015. Folklore and Evermore got ignored for obvious reason and Speak Now TV is now down to #8 on France Apple Music.

Is her music blacklisted in France or something?

Emil Larsen

Taylor is locked to win AOTY next year. It's set in stone now.

The gap between Midnights and Lover daily stream makes me uncomfortable :gaycat6:

Emil Larsen

Taylor's got both commercial success (in the USA) and critical acclaim, recipe for Grammy.

5 minutes ago, Emil Larsen said:

Popheads is the most miserable and bitter place. Not liking Taylor's music is one thing, but Popheads desperately wanting to see Taylor fail is such miserable behavior. And I hate the way Popheads acts like Taylor's achievements hinders Carly's achievements. Both artists have their own lanes, no need to bring Taylor down to praise Carly. I indeed like Carly more but I was so annoyed the whole The Loneliest Time thread on Popheads was turned into an anti-Midnights thread when the release date is just coincidence. And much as I love Carly's music, she could have released her album in any week and her album would not have gone top 10 anyway.

To tell the truth, in all music stan spaces, stans of different pop girls all start feuding when two different pop girls release around the same time. For example, I think Little Monsters and Swifties were both review bombing Chromatica and Lover since the albums were being compared at the time.  Same thing happened with Lana also.

Right now its mostly the hive vs the swifties since they both have smashing tours. 

It's best to just ignore it and not contribute to the fighting since it becomes a vicious cycle where stans attack the other artist because they are pissed that their fav was slandered.

• Like 2

Emil Larsen
Just now, EarthJang said:

The gap between Midnights and Lover daily stream makes me uncomfortable :gaycat6:

The GP loves Lover. Lover's highs are amazing.

2 minutes ago, Emil Larsen said:

Taylor's lack of chart success in France truly baffled me, considering that she is a touring force there. Anti-Hero only peaked at #32?? and Midnights spent only 2 weeks in top 10. Karma peaked at #127 and Lavender Haze peaked at #78. All 1989, Reputation and Lover's singles flopped except Shake It Off, which got its #6 peak after going viral in January 2015. Folklore and Evermore got ignored for obvious reason and Speak Now TV is now down to #8 on France Apple Music.

Is her music blacklisted in France or something?

Some of her tour force is coming from stans from other European countries that got skipped on the tour. For example, Belgium is one of /is her best performing European country and their closest date is in Paris.

But in general, France doesn't really listen to American artists for their lyrics since they French speaking artists for that.  I think she has a good fanbase in France that helps with the tour but isn't large enough to carry her releases by themselves.

• Like 1

Emil Larsen
2 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

To tell the truth, in all music stan spaces, stans of different pop girls all start feuding when two different pop girls release around the same time. For example, I think Little Monsters and Swifties were both review bombing Chromatica and Lover since the albums were being compared at the time.  Same thing happened with Lana also.

Right now its mostly the hive vs the swifties since they both have smashing tours. 

It's best to just ignore it and not contribute to the fighting since it becomes a vicious cycle where stans attack the other artist because they are pissed that their fav was slandered.

Yes! I'm 43 years old and I vividly remember the brutal stan wars between Britney, Xtina and P!nk's stans in the 2000s, especially during a cycle when they released their albums around the same period like Funhouse and Circus came out within a month in late 2008.

And regarding Popheads, that sub has a bias against mainstream artists and favors non-mainstream artists so there is always more hatred towards Taylor because she is more commercially successful.

• Like 1

Emil Larsen
5 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

The Hive vs Swifties stan wars between Eras Tour and Renaissance Tour on Twitter are BRUTAL. I'm glad P!nk's stans do not join the stan wars because most of us are in our 40s and do not even use Twitter lol. P!nk doesn't have a big gay male fanbase so her fanbase doesn't have an online presence on Twitter.

idk i just feel quite certain she'll announce TS11 at the very last Eras show in London. it just makes so much sense (Aug announcement -> Oct release). 2 years after Midnights returning to her old 2 year schedule.

SytybvM.gif

Emil Larsen
9 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

Some of her tour force is coming from stans from other European countries that got skipped on the tour. For example, Belgium is one of /is her best performing European country and their closest date is in Paris.

But in general, France doesn't really listen to American artists for their lyrics since they French speaking artists for that.  I think she has a good fanbase in France that helps with the tour but isn't large enough to carry her releases by themselves.

and Scandimavian countries. She is super massive in Norway, followed by Denmark and Sweden. It can be seen that she is big in countries with high English proficiency.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.