Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

What if SG3 is actually called “My mind & Me”?

Lead My Mind & Me.

including songs like grateful & fearless.

or maybe just a soundtrack for the documentary 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

I am so excited for the documentary :wanda:I just know it's going to be so emotional WHEW

I hope the only Selena song on the doc is new tbh + if that piano at the end of the teaser is the song she wrote then it sounds great

5 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

I hope the only Selena song on the doc is new tbh + if that piano at the end of the teaser is the song she wrote then it sounds great

idk Rare has some personal lyrics, if she's not giving us a new album with the doc -- and just a single, i would like them to take the opportunity to increase Rare album streams and helps its longevity showing that its personal tbh, cuz it was bad marketed back then 

24 minutes ago, Selegend said:

idk Rare has some personal lyrics, if she's not giving us a new album with the doc -- and just a single, i would like them to take the opportunity to increase Rare album streams and helps its longevity showing that its personal tbh, cuz it was bad marketed back then 

Oh yeah I mean that I hope the song especially for the doc is new and not one made for one of her previous albums. The guy that worked on the music for the docu said he made versions of old songs so probably we will her hits as piano pieces or something. Or at least that’s what I understood from his tweets lol

10 minutes ago, MALAMENTE said:

Oh yeah I mean that I hope the song especially for the doc is new and not one made for one of her previous albums. The guy that worked on the music for the docu said he made versions of old songs so probably we will her hits as piano pieces or something. Or at least that’s what I understood from his tweets lol

ohh got it. hmm, i think that would be interesting 

but yeah the new song has to be the "main" song somehow 

I understood that Selena wrote a song for the documentary so he made a piano instrumental of the song and it's what it sounded in the trailer 

12 hours ago, Selegend said:

ohh got it. hmm, i think that would be interesting 

but yeah the new song has to be the "main" song somehow 

Definitely. They will probably release it like Taylor did with Only The Young. I don't know if that will be her lead though, it seems like the album is not coming with the docu. Hope I'm wrong. The good thing is that she has a shot at a Grammy nom in 2024 if she is lucky for Song Written for Visual Media though

What are the things you are hoping to see in the documentary? 'll give my top 10 because I am bored

- Her reacting to getting her first #1 song on the Hot 100. I'm sure she was super happy and I think it will somehow tie into her AMAs 2019 performance. I think that whole episode of her life will be highlighted. And I am also sure they might take the opportunity to let people in on what exactly went wrong that day, since it got very talked about. 

- Her reacting to getting her first Grammy nomination. I don't know if they filmed up to that point but it would also be super interesting to see. I know she was proud too. 

- Behind the scenes of her last Revival tour show. I know it will be hard to watch and maybe they don't even show the exact last show but just footage of her backstage feeling like ****. But it would be super impactful. 

- Just her in the studio. Footage of her working on music, on the droplets and Rare. On Revelación even. I love seeing her working on music and we don't really have insight on that side of her. 

- Her life during the pandemic. I think it is highly likely that we get something from those months. At least just from March to like July, when the pandemic was at its peak. 

- How she got the role in OMITB and/or footage of her like getting ready to shoot S1, meeting the Martins for the first time... I would love to see it. 

- The whole transplant thing. I know I don't need to hope so much since I'm like 90% sure it will make it in but still, you never know. 

- Her thoughts/insight on her 2018 rehab stint. I'm 100% sure the 2016 one will be talked about, but I'm not sure this one might. I suppose it will but again, you never know. 

- Her life before 2016. The video of her from 2004 on the floor drawing/painting from the teaser trailer kinda implies throwbacks will also be included, so I just wish she will give a rundown of her life up until like Revival. 

- And finally, how Rare Beauty came to be. From the moment she decided to create up to when it launched. 

Billie's docu is 2 hours and 20 minutes and a lot was shown so if the 3h rumor is true then we can expect a bit more. Billie only had around 3 years of content though and Selena is 6 and that's just a portion of her career. 

Also that image that leaked seemed to be her in those commentary parts of the docu, which I kinda don't like in documentaries. I think I enjoy in the moment interviews better, like those in Billie's doc. I guess in Selena's case it works better like that since maybe they weren't focused on interviewing people while something was going on lol. Or maybe there is both, we don't know. 

Edited by MALAMENTE

17 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

Never left the top 10 too. A hit 

It's really impressive considering it's not on Netflix, which is by far the biggest streaming service in the US and consistently takes over the Nielsen charts, AND it's a half-hour series, so in terms of minutes watched it's disadventaged against most drama shows that have episodes running for one hour or longer :clap:

I'm curious to see where The Handmaid's Tale debuts with its next season cause the buzz feels kinda muted but last season it clocked a billion minutes watched so it's probably the only Hulu original property that can be considered bigger than Only Murders at this point

I hope Julia doesn’t touch the next album even though I know she will 

All of her songs sound the same and her songwriting is a bit childish

u07KjOW.gif

2 hours ago, Godly said:

It's really impressive considering it's not on Netflix, which is by far the biggest streaming service in the US and consistently takes over the Nielsen charts, AND it's a half-hour series, so in terms of minutes watched it's disadventaged against most drama shows that have episodes running for one hour or longer :clap:

I'm curious to see where The Handmaid's Tale debuts with its next season cause the buzz feels kinda muted but last season it clocked a billion minutes watched so it's probably the only Hulu original property that can be considered bigger than Only Murders at this point

Right! These numbers are even more impressive taking into account its platform and the length of the episodes. Hopefully the show keeps its throne until it finishes! 

3 minutes ago, SelHemsworth said:

That’s not enough time at all :noparty: 

I expected at least 2 hours, that’s the minimum in my opinion. JLO’s was 135 minutes too, but she mainly talked about the Halftime performance and her Hustlers era + her career. Maybe this is the theater version? And the one in Apple TV will be longer? I doubt people would wanna watch a 3h docu in a theater tbh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.