Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

8 minutes ago, #SG2 said:

I don’t think she really hates the cover, i think she just regrets she made it so people could separate her Disney image. 
i don’t know if this makes sense lol

Yeah, you right. I get what she is trying to say, but is annoying. No a cute look, it feels that she is bashing her past work.  Miley teas lol

She already spoke about this in a past interview, so no point to repeat herself.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, #SG2 said:

I don’t think she really hates the cover, i think she just regrets she made it so people could separate her Disney image. 
i don’t know if this makes sense lol

Yeah! She is saying that she doesn’t like the reasons why she made that the album cover art. She didn’t take the photos because she wanted but because she was compelled to, so as to stray away from her tween idol image. That is all she is saying: that that is not really her and she would never do it like that now. Never in those words and the past couple times she’s said similar things has she implied she hates or regrets the cover. I can admit that I did things during my teenage years because I thought it was the obvious things to do that I would never do know and still not hate them.

The thing about Selena is that sometimes she gets obsessed over a topic and keep repeating the same thing over and over again. Like that ig thing, how many times does she needs to say  that she doesn't use social media? Like, we get it. Now, can she comes up  with something else? lol

Most of the time her interviews are copy and paste. What is a shame, because she has  a lot of upcoming projects and so many interesting things to talk about. I mean, any update about the mountain movie? What about Dollhouse? Will Spiral ever see the light? Sg3 date? Can she talks more about the 16 candles reboot? What about the project with Univision?

Like, give us something, new stuff, hype people up, tell us something we don't know. 

After all, this is the point of doing interviews.

Good thing the podcast interview served something fresh and interesting for once.

Other interviewers should take notes, bring new stuff  and stop keeping  asking her about the same boring things.

:cm:

Edited by La Luna

the doc screening is starting now :gaycat6: 

I guess since people signed NDAs we won’t get anything. 

12 minutes ago, SelHemsworth said:

cant wait for it! i hope it's a good doc, i want her to talk about everything. 

by the way do you guys know when the emmy noms are going to be revealed?

Ughh ngl i hope we get some tea. At least a confirmation if the doc is about her whole life or more focused on her mental health journey.

I hope is the first option. 

:jonny:

Edited by La Luna

43 minutes ago, SelHemsworth said:

Right? NDAs are so annoying (but I get it) I hope it comes out this year at least lol

30 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

cant wait for it! i hope it's a good doc, i want her to talk about everything. 

by the way do you guys know when the emmy noms are going to be revealed?

Nominations will be revealed on July 12

23 minutes ago, MALAMENTE said:

Nominations will be revealed on July 12

10 days before her 30th birthday. 
I really hope she gets nominated, that would maker her more happy and confident about her acting.

Beyoncé releasing an album on July 29 kinda discards that week as a potential release date lol. July 22 is still free so if she releases it that day she can still get the #1. We don’t know how much B is gonna sell but it’s been years since Lemonade and there’s a lot of hype and she has always debuted with big numbers so we can expect, at least, two weeks at the top. 

So I think that it is either coming on her birthday or, based on her statement that she will spend the entire summer working on it, not this year at all. 

I’m overthinking it but like her birthday is just such a cool day to release because everything is perfect. 

47 minutes ago, MALAMENTE said:

Beyoncé releasing an album on July 29 kinda discards that week as a potential release date lol. July 22 is still free so if she releases it that day she can still get the #1. We don’t know how much B is gonna sell but it’s been years since Lemonade and there’s a lot of hype and she has always debuted with big numbers so we can expect, at least, two weeks at the top. 

So I think that it is either coming on her birthday or, based on her statement that she will spend the entire summer working on it, not this year at all. 

I’m overthinking it but like her birthday is just such a cool day to release because everything is perfect. 

Yes but I don't think that any label would want any of their mainstream artists release so close to Beyoncé tbh. So I don't think anyone is going to release around that time lol especially her.

26 minutes ago, intoitblindly said:

Yes but I don't think that any label would want any of their mainstream artists release so close to Beyoncé tbh. So I don't think anyone is going to release around that time lol especially her.

True that Bey is a force but I honestly think any release prior to hers is feasible, as I don’t see how that could hinder Bey or the other artist’s chances of getting a #1 or more streams/sales/whatever. A more dangerous thing would be to release the same week or the weeks after so August is most likely a no go now. 

Selena could release it on her bday, get herself a nice debut and then just hope for stability (she could be #2 the week B is #1, which sounds like a great thing for Selena) since she has never had that type of album success; she’s always debuted at #1, then logged one or two more weeks in the Top 10 and spend the rest of the run outside of it (except Revival which managed to re-enter the Top 10 once a couple months after release in January 2016). 

Edited by MALAMENTE

9 minutes ago, MALAMENTE said:

True that Bey is a force but I honestly think any release prior to hers is feasible, as I don’t see how that could hinder Bey or the other artist’s chances of getting a #1 or more streams/sales/whatever. A more dangerous thing would be to release the same week or the weeks after so August is most likely a no go now. 

Selena could release it on her bday, get herself a nice debut and then just hope for stability (she could be #2 the week B is #1, which sounds like a great thing for Selena) since she has never had that type of album success; she’s always debuted at #1, then log one or two more weeks in the Top 10 and spend the rest of the run outside of it (except Revival which managed to re-enter the Top 10 once a couple months after release in January 2016). 

True. But I feel like it's still something that most labels would want to avoid. Especially knowing Selena and how she probably won't promote much. Interscope is well aware of that so I think they won't put the album out when they know bigger artists are going to release and knowing it will hurt the stability of the album. Interscope and Selena's team usually pick out great dates to release the album. Rare was also wisely choosen but nobody really expected The Box to do so well lol. :toofunny2:

Sucks that she probably won't release the album on her birthday if that even was her plan. But I sort of doubt it with her saying that she'll be busy working on it until season 3 of OMITB and all.

She still could release the lead on her birthday imo. :michael:

13 minutes ago, intoitblindly said:

True. But I feel like it's still something that most labels would want to avoid. Especially knowing Selena and how she probably won't promote much. Interscope is well aware of that so I think they won't put the album out when they know bigger artists are going to release and knowing it will hurt the stability of the album. Interscope and Selena's team usually pick out great dates to release the album. Rare was also wisely choosen but nobody really expected The Box to do so well lol. :toofunny2:

Sucks that she probably won't release the album on her birthday if that even was her plan. But I sort of doubt it with her saying that she'll be busy working on it until season 3 of OMITB and all.

She still could release the lead on her birthday imo. :michael:

There’s a lot of questions that’s for sure lmao

Let’s see what happens. I just want her to release the album so she can get it out of the way and focus on acting full time. And I think summer is a great time to release one - I enjoyed Stars Dance a lot thanks to it being released in the summer. 

9 minutes ago, MALAMENTE said:

There’s a lot of questions that’s for sure lmao

Let’s see what happens. I just want her to release the album so she can get it out of the way and focus on acting full time. And I think summer is a great time to release one - I enjoyed Stars Dance a lot thanks to it being released in the summer. 

Same but I don't want Rare era 2.0, I'd hate it if she just drops it again and forgets all about it the next day.

But yes. she hasn't released a summer song in so long. BTY being released in spring but carried so well into summer. Still one of my favourite go to songs by her, especially in spring/summer.

even tho im hungry for new music i dont want her to release her album on her birhtday. I want 2-3 singles before the album since its going to be her last era for a while. She can release her lead single on her birthday tho :cm: 

32 minutes ago, intoitblindly said:

Same but I don't want Rare era 2.0, I'd hate it if she just drops it again and forgets all about it the next day.

But yes. she hasn't released a summer song in so long. BTY being released in spring but carried so well into summer. Still one of my favourite go to songs by her, especially in spring/summer.

Same tbh, I want her to give the era more love and attention and since she implied her summer is gonna be relatively chill, maybe she could release the lead on her bday (since a lead does not require as much promo as an album), and then the album in Q4. Promotes it and by December she goes back to filming S3. Voilá. She will have all of 2023 to maybe film a movie and do other things without the pressure of having to release an album (she may collaborate with other people on their projects or release a couple droplets, cause i'm sure Interscope knows she still has the hype and people checking for her + some artists might wanna work with her too. 

Edited by MALAMENTE

7 minutes ago, MALAMENTE said:

Same tbh, I want her to give the era more love and attention and since she implied her summer is gonna be relatively chill, maybe she could release the lead on her bday (since a lead does not require as much promo as an album), and then the album in Q4. Promotes it and by December she goes back to filming S3. Voilá. She will have all of 2023 to maybe film a movie and do other things without the pressure of having to release an album (she may collaborate with other people on their projects or release a couple droplets, cause i'm sure Interscope knows she still has the hype and people checking for her + some artists might wanna work with her too. 

Yes, that's my ideal plan for her. Basically what I meant when she said she still could release the lead on her birthday, since people check on celebrities on their birthday. Well, if they like them mostly. Or maybe that's just me lol. But since she also plans a party for her 30th. It would be easy for her to gain attention for the lead, without actually doing any promo, since her celebrating would do everything for her. 

23 minutes ago, intoitblindly said:

Yes, that's my ideal plan for her. Basically what I meant when she said she still could release the lead on her birthday, since people check on celebrities on their birthday. Well, if they like them mostly. Or maybe that's just me lol. But since she also plans a party for her 30th. It would be easy for her to gain attention for the lead, without actually doing any promo, since her celebrating would do everything for her. 

Definitely. I'll admit i was so fixated on the idea of her releasing everything on her birthday that I didn't see past that, any other option was just not possible. And thinking about it, I don't think she wants to spend her birthday week promoting an album and a doc heavily. So yeah, at most a single would be fine and the album for later in the year, and the doc for whenever, I kinda give up on it lol

Edited by MALAMENTE

The Revival's cover isn't even that sexual, there's no boobs or anything, just arms and legs...It looks like just an artistic shoot to me

Just like the Hands to Myself video which she thinks is inappropriate for her sister, cuz she's walking around with a lot bigger than a bikini lingerie, while I think the Good For You and Fetish videos are so more sexual than the HTM one, it seems she judge being sexual by the amount of clothes:toofunny3:

Loved the roundtable and when she’s around other actors but did anyone else feel like her vibe didn’t match everyone else’s? She seemed very idk....serious, her energy wasn’t there. Loved the bit about when she talked about the Martins being hot and being down for that one thing though. 

I think Selena will come out with something great for her album cover i mean she's very aware of the lashings and so she come up with the Revelation cover, so I think she'll be slaying the album cover, at least is what I expect :chick3:

7 minutes ago, lauren198 said:

The Revival's cover isn't even that sexual, there's no boobs or anything, just arms and legs...It looks like just an artistic shoot to me

Just like the Hands to Myself video which she thinks is inappropriate for her sister, cuz she's walking around with a lot bigger than a bikini lingerie, while I think the Good For You and Fetish videos are so more sexual than the HTM one, it seems she judge being sexual by the amount of clothes:toofunny3:

Yes, that's what bothers me the most about her comment. I can understand her feeling that she did it for the wrong reasons, but her saying that the artwork is sexual is so confusing to me, because it's not.

Just now, intoitblindly said:

Yes, that's what bothers me the most about her comment. I can understand her feeling that she did it for the wrong reasons, but her saying that the artwork is sexual is so confusing to me, because it's not.

And there’s nothing shameful about it, of course she doesn’t have to like it because she’s not a sexual person as she said and felt pressured to do so and that’s 100% understandable but there’s still absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. 

As for the documentary, I think the hardest is to find the right tone, if she shares too much it can seem corny, if she shares too little, it'll feel like just another interview

As for the album it doesn't look like she's releasing soon, and I like it that she's willing take a time to work on it

Edited by lauren198

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.