Megan Thee Stallion

RunningIITheSun

I am disappointed because I think this week the support of for Megan was in overdrive by the hate for Nicki. (Yes this is what the Barbz say I know).

I hope the (newfound?) support for Meg continues

• Like 1

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cotton

• Automatic

• Airhead

• Saddy

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/27/2024 at 3:18 PM, Cotton said:

What I love is that with this project she is truly showing artistry. I love the ratchet anthems as much as everyone else but I did want to see some evolution to her art and this era is giving us just that. 

She's gonna have labels scrambling to snatch her with the success she's going to experience with Hiss and the album. :gaycat5:

Yes, the theme is very clever and is not for the moment. It's a conceptual piece that can translate beyond time and shows a chapter in her life.

I mean...Obama had Cobra in his playlist.:clap3:

I think this is the perfect time to push content over ratchet anthems.

I hope she serves some gems that can be used as lessons learned from situations she was in and how to avoid them in the future. 

Traumazine covered the affect and feelings but this could serve as closure of those past situations as she is much stronger mentally and emotionally now.

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

I’m so excited for the album. She needs to drop it soon while she has the streaming momentum 

:jonny5::1stplace::jonny5::1stplace::jonny5::1stplace:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's so interesting reading this and seeing what the #pulse is on for Megan's career. The article gives hater a little bit (even though the writer is a fan via their socials). .. however some points were made.

Some pointers for MTS3:

On GMA she should've announced the DATE when the tickets go live to keep up anticipation.

She should've done what Beyoncé did with RENAISSANCE by having the actual product (vinyl, CD) on sale on her website ready to purchase there and before the album was announced to ensure some pure sales. 

Because the hype has died down a lot since last week Friday :/

If there was something else lowkey I would change I would've maybe had Megan sign something with RCA because it's so interesting how everything Tate / SZA / Doja do music-wise always goes viral. Always. I know they have secret pushes (because Doja's manager Gordon admitted to having 'marketing ideas' for Vegas and Planet Her).

And it's so interesting Megan was the tiktok queen in 2020 and 2021 without really doing anything, no real tiktok push. Now she doesn't even go viral anymore with new music. Just legacy memes (like Cognac queen or GITH) or legacy choreography (Savage, WAP). Only thing that has gone viral in recent times is Megan's Piano (again that could've been much bigger) and Anxiety. But that's it. I hope she works on some behind-the-scenes tiktok promotion.

Anyway like I've been screaming I hope we get a new single SOON (asap), with all of that "global push" that was promised in that 300/Warner/Roc Nation press release.

I was so mad when HISS wasn't added to many global playlists (TTH is one of many) but I guess it isn't 'global sounding' (or whatever). Anyway this is my little rant chile

@Cotton @wehavetostan @99sandthe2000s

Do you think the tour will include Europe? I really want to see her but the last opportunity would have been a festival two years ago in a different city so I didn't end up going.

I hope we get a big announcement on her birthday. Her birthday shoot seems to be on theme with the era's aesthetic/concept which is why I'm thinking we could be getting something :mandown:

16 minutes ago, chaneloberlin said:

It's so interesting reading this and seeing what the #pulse is on for Megan's career. The article gives hater a little bit (even though the writer is a fan via their socials). .. however some points were made.

Some pointers for MTS3:

On GMA she should've announced the DATE when the tickets go live to keep up anticipation.

She should've done what Beyoncé did with RENAISSANCE by having the actual product (vinyl, CD) on sale on her website ready to purchase there and before the album was announced to ensure some pure sales. 

Because the hype has died down a lot since last week Friday :/

If there was something else lowkey I would change I would've maybe had Megan sign something with RCA because it's so interesting how everything Tate / SZA / Doja do music-wise always goes viral. Always. I know they have secret pushes (because Doja's manager Gordon admitted to having 'marketing ideas' for Vegas and Planet Her).

And it's so interesting Megan was the tiktok queen in 2020 and 2021 without really doing anything, no real tiktok push. Now she doesn't even go viral anymore with new music. Just legacy memes (like Cognac queen or GITH) or legacy choreography (Savage, WAP). Only thing that has gone viral in recent times is Megan's Piano (again that could've been much bigger) and Anxiety. But that's it. I hope she works on some behind-the-scenes tiktok promotion.

Anyway like I've been screaming I hope we get a new single SOON (asap), with all of that "global push" that was promised in that 300/Warner/Roc Nation press release.

I was so mad when HISS wasn't added to many global playlists (TTH is one of many) but I guess it isn't 'global sounding' (or whatever). Anyway this is my little rant chile

@Cotton @wehavetostan @99sandthe2000s

Honestly the article was spitting facts I'm ngl. But yeah although she announced the tour what really should've been announced was the album, I'm hoping that happens in the next two weeks because she has so much momentum going for her now and yes I know Hiss is free falling but with the structure being what it is and without radio it's to be expected I guess + all eyes are going to be on her for the next release. Either way it was a HUGE moment and she already has the luxury of a number 1 on her next album. 

Honestly RCA is not a good company chile they've done screwed over so many artists so I'd want them as far away from her as possible. Colombia would've been good but we'll have to see what Warner can offer bc the deal was signed after Hiss so I'm assuming we'll seen an effect on releases following it.

Sweetest Pie did go a lil viral on TikTok, they usually do latch onto at least one song per album/mixtape so I'm hoping for the same but to bigger lengths. Cobra and Hiss displayed her artistry but it's really time for that SMASH and I hope she has one ready, there's no better time to release it than now. If she could get into her bag and release a song like Eve's Let Me Blow Ya Mind with Doja singing the hook that would be a smash.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, izebize said:

Do you think the tour will include Europe? I really want to see her but the last opportunity would have been a festival two years ago in a different city so I didn't end up going.

It should do, she'll definitely be coming to London as she's performed here about 3 times now? As for other European countries I'm not sure but she will probably visit the big cities

• Like 1

I do think people will give her next track a listen to see if she continues to diss Nicki. So she’ll still have some momentum going forward. I hope she announces a release date soon, I’m so excited to hear the rest of the album. 

4 hours ago, Automatic said:

I hope we get a big announcement on her birthday. Her birthday shoot seems to be on theme with the era's aesthetic/concept which is why I'm thinking we could be getting something :mandown:

Yeah I hope she announces the date for the album. She already has merch and a brand deal with Nike. She really needs to drop a presale link that includes vinyls.

The way people who hate Megan are more obsessed with her than actual Hotties is so insane to me. Like... why are you watching every move of someone you don't like? It's mental illness and so embarrasinghdnj :rip:

I've never seen someone bring out such bitterness & jealousy in men & women. This goes beyond obsessed Barbz & Bardigang too. The way blogs constantly dogpile her + a new Z-List flop tries to bait her to respond every week is insane :deadbanana4: I'm soo glad Meg has matured and refuses to give them the attention that they want.

11 hours ago, TiaTamera said:

Yeah I hope she announces the date for the album. She already has merch and a brand deal with Nike. She really needs to drop a presale link that includes vinyls.

Yes, same. I would be so happy & she loves the hotties so it could be like a 'gift' to us. If she posts a vid in her photo shoot dump on IG, I wouldn't mind if she teased a snippet of the new single to build up some hype. We also need the tour dates ASAP if it's truly a 'summer' tour.

Spoiler

Mind you, I been stanning Megan since the beginning of her career so I know none of this will actually happen :rip:

46 minutes ago, Automatic said:

The way people who hate Megan are more obsessed with her than actual Hotties is so insane to me. Like... why are you watching every move of someone you don't like? It's mental illness and so embarrasinghdnj :rip:

I've never seen someone bring out such bitterness & jealousy in men & women. This goes beyond obsessed Barbz & Bardigang too. The way blogs constantly dogpile her + a new Z-List flop tries to bait her to respond every week is insane :deadbanana4: I'm soo glad Meg has matured and refuses to give them the attention that they want.

Yes, same. I would be so happy & she loves the hotties so it could be like a 'gift' to us. If she posts a vid in her photo shoot dump on IG, I wouldn't mind if she teased a snippet of the new single to build up some hype. We also need the tour dates ASAP if it's truly a 'summer' tour.

Hide contents

Mind you, I been stanning Megan since the beginning of her career so I know none of this will actually happen :rip:

I’ve been a fan of Megan for a while too but I have faith :gayalipacat5:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm hearing rumors that Meg is looking to live in Japan long term and looking to establish a fanbase and community there. 

Hoping it's the album announcement :jonny:

• 2 weeks later...

i got a nasty lil fetish, im a nasty lil *****:khalyan:

Next single and album announcement should come this month, right? 

2 hours ago, izebize said:

Next single and album announcement should come this month, right? 

Let's hope so. The tour starts next month so she has to release it sometime between now and then :dancehall:

• ATRL Moderator

Collab with Glo would make a lot of sense but we still need a single with a strong hook + the album pre order

Here's the full IG Live :fan:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.