• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• sunbathinganimal

1 minute ago, Almodusa said:

Doesn't it say it's fanmade 

:toofunny2:  i can't function with multiple forums and that red thread all at the same time. ty.

I'm really hoping she doesn't announce the name of the lead until a few days before release, especially since that worked so well with DWAS. 

• Like 1

Why would she tease random interviews that revolve heavily around Joker? She's only in the movie for about 50 minutes. How much can she really say about her role? :rip:

It would just be standard press promotion for a film—nothing to be mysterious or cryptic about. :huh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Z100 has been playing "Poker Face", "Bad Romance", and "Papparazi" SO MUCH since DWAS releas. 

cute. Cool. Epic. Awesome. All solo hits BTW.

but with that said .. FRUSTRATING everytime I look at there recently played and they're suddenly playing all the Gaga songs that aren't Die with a smash. They seriously spin non-DWAS Gaga tracks 5 times a day, if they all turned into DWAS it would be sub-power rotation.

well, on the other side of this, at least it's showing Gaga's in good graces.mp3 with z100 even if they aren't being as kind as they could be with DWAS. 

hopefully they'll play fellow DARK BOP ABRACADRAAAH! And Garden of Eden just like its older sisters paparazzi and bad romance 

3 minutes ago, opbranden said:

Why would she tease random interviews that revolve heavily around Joker? She's only in the movie for about 50 minutes. How much can she really say about her role? :rip:

It would just be standard press promotion for a film—nothing to be mysterious or cryptic about. :huh:

50 minutes is a SMALL role for a 2 hour movie? cool

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

I'm really hoping she doesn't announce the name of the lead until a few days before release, especially since that worked so well with DWAS. 

SO WELL! It also made release day so much more exciting and may have helped prevent leaks.

i also hope day 1 music video is in the cards. Gaga is such a visual artist that a song feels incomplete without the video, even if it's left without one just for a few days.

i know people say "oh music videos don't matter anymore, no one watches them, youtube is dead… so on"

BUT. Couldn't be further from the truth if the music video is done right. 

Gaga's cute little dance has done wonders for the song and its brand identity. Simple and effective which is a perfect match for DWAS sonically.

while a music video may not contribute too much to a song chart wise these days, they are immensely effective at catapulting the song out of the gate, creating a world for the song, and also giving the song a visual direction and starting point in order to go viral on tiktok and other platforms.

taste and please please please are GREAT examples of 2024 hits that were aided by a GREAT music video on day 1. Who knows if please Please please would've smashed as hard without the music video which provided a talking point that really lit the fire to blow up that song…

But this is Gaga we are talking about, she is a master at perfectly crafting visuals both for artistic and commercial appeal.

24 minutes ago, DockDock said:

this is a new poster right???

Uglee composition, but it seems like they try to squeeze as much Gaga as possible in. :lmao:

• Like 1

There's so much goodwill around her this time around. The thought of Gaga and her team playing their cards right with this single and album...

westernwlnd-tokyo-toni.gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mariah4life said:

50 minutes is a SMALL role for a 2 hour movie? cool

That's not what I meant—she's not the lead, she's a supporting character and that's ok. But if the campaign heavily focuses on her, it could backfire even more. Reviews already mention that her character is underused and underdeveloped, and if the press continues to push the false narrative that she's a main focus in the movie, people will be even more disappointed when they see her in the movie mostly in the background during the courtroom scenes. :rip:

32 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

oop

OMG I LITERALLY said this exact thing :deadbanana2: 

My manifestation powers have become too strong :suburban:

• Haha 1

Lots of people on Twitter saying to push back LG7's single to make room for DWAS

i understand the intent but i think its smart to strike while the iron is hot

I think post Malone is a great comparison. He kinda had a floppy few years from 2021-2023 but then really creatively staged a comeback through hit features— Fortnite w/ Taylor & Levi's Jeans w/ Beyoncé.

It gave him good will and momentum leading to a smash single and smash album. Also, radio isn't afraid to play multiple songs at once if they're connecting— look at Sabrina, Taylor, and Post for example. If anything, they could build LG7 & DWAS on each other, especially since sonically they're so different and have different appeal (assuming it's a dance bop).

plus, radio isn't being kind to DWAS as much as it should anyways, so strategizing around radio is probably a losing battle anyways. Strategizing around HYPE, momentum, streaming and sales, now that's what I call music!

So if you're worried about DWAS overshadowing LG7 lead, I'd argue it'll be the opposite. Plus… Christmas freeze is coming anyways. Nothing is more overshadowing than a wave of 100 icy tunes about Christmas and  Mr Nickolas Claus

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

Lots of people on Twitter saying to push back LG7's single to make room for DWAS

hell NO. f uck DWAS honsetly. We enjoyed the success enough. Now i want LG7 lead :WAP:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Sabrina released Please X3 while Espresso was smashing and it became a hit too, just because DWAS is smashing doesn't mean Abracadabra can't become a hit too (and postponing it doesn't guarantee that it will smash btw:gaycat1:)

• Thanks 1

They won't push it back, but they were smart not announcing a concrete release date early on. Gives them wiggle room to move around the 4 Fridays in October and decide what is going to work best for them depending on what happens with DWAS. I'd rather we get the LG7 lead early to mid October (11th ideally for me) but if DWAS looks like it'll get a serious shot at a number #1 at the first few weeks of October, then I'll happy wait until the 25th for the single. Just keep it to October, please.

Lmao she will end up with 143 stans remaining if the single gets delayed, she's already told us it's coming in October.

• Like 1

IMO this has nothing to do with Joker. Of course, it could be something related to the interviews too, but I don't think she would post about it on her feed and still mysteriously like that. This for me was confirmation that the two eras will be correlated. It makes no sense for her to post this, not like this way. Besides, she also didn't mark anything from the film in the post, the color isn't the same as the film, much less the font...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Infernal Paradise said:

But what is that account's source though? Ugh I HATE when these big updates accounts post something without a credible source. Mention the source or shut the hell up.

thisisalecx-zachary-campbell.gif 

Sis, several journalists who interviewed Gaga in the A Star Is Born era posted on Instagram today that they are going to interview her again this weekend, they even posted that they are traveling to LA, with Gaga's name and everything. 

:suburban:

Edited by shadowfred

52 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

oop

Live broadcast method interviews on Harlequin radio -> method dressing red carpet in London

Oh BISMS :WAP:

8 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

hell NO. f uck DWAS honsetly. We enjoyed the success enough. Now i want LG7 lead :WAP:

Saying this as your chartster ass reaches for the nearest lotion bottle for the new peak update tomorrow screaming "OH GODGA, YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN!!"

im-ready-lets-go.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jack! said:

They won't push it back, but they were smart not announcing a concrete release date early on. Gives them wiggle room to move around the 4 Fridays in October and decide what is going to work best for them depending on what happens with DWAS. I'd rather we get the LG7 lead early to mid October (11th ideally for me) but if DWAS looks like it'll get a serious shot at a number #1 at the first few weeks of October, then I'll happy wait until the 25th for the single. Just keep it to October, please.

I agree!  It settled any antsyness about lg7 while also giving DWAS the room it needs to shine as needed

Projections for Spotify streams at the end of the year:

• Shallow: 2.645 billion
  • Poker Face: 1.492 billion
  • ARUTW: 1.44 billion
  • Bad Romance: 1.393 billion
  • Just Dance: 1.221 billion
  • DWAS: 1 billion+ *knocks on wood*
  • Judas: 650-700 million

*Judas's yearly average is weighed down since it wasn't doing nearly as many daily streams now as it was at the beginning of the year. Using the yearly average gives 646 million, and using an average of 1 million daily streams for the rest of the year gives 682 million. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DockDock said:

this is a new poster right???

the person who made this poster isn't here right :eli:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WildAmerican said:

the person who made this poster isn't here right :eli:

i hope no, he/ha already got backlash for this edit:eli:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.