Kelly Clarkson

Phoenixstar

1 hour ago, KCFan2014 said:

A random on Pulse said this I don't see anything legit about this to where I'd believe it lol

I'm 99% certain that random on Pulse is the one who posted the Rock Hudson clip (I haven't heard it). The same poster is the one who posted those BOY demo clips and other unreleased material on Twitter last summer under the username "kcemediaarchive", which has since been deleted/suspended. The image of the car radio screen is exactly what they would do...so my guess is that they have the songs and that's where they're describing the PBP sound. Despite my best efforts I have been unable to locate their new account to stalk!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• RealityBites

• jpsketch

• Heartbeat Song

40 minutes ago, BlindedConvictions said:

I'm 99% certain that random on Pulse is the one who posted the Rock Hudson clip (I haven't heard it). The same poster is the one who posted those BOY demo clips and other unreleased material on Twitter last summer under the username "kcemediaarchive", which has since been deleted/suspended. The image of the car radio screen is exactly what they would do...so my guess is that they have the songs and that's where they're describing the PBP sound. Despite my best efforts I have been unable to locate their new account to stalk!

Wait, there were BOY demos last summer?? I've been missing out :ghostface:

if anyone has any leaks or exclusive info, dm me STAT :chick1:

2 hours ago, KCFan2014 said:

The Rock Hudson snippet was talked about on the KCE too I believe that 

Just don't believe that this is going to be PBP 2.0 with songs sounding like remakes of some pbp songs lol.  Reference to the song pbp of course but not a rehash of songs from an 8 year old album lol 

Of all albums to reimagine..

I don’t believe it either. 

Well, I mean. PBP was a record where she included some songs about her ex, i.e. PBB, Tightrope, Someone. So it’s not completely implausible that she would like to do a continuation of that in some capacity. I don’t think it’s gonna be PBP 2.0. but she’s in a very different place now compared to where she was when she released PBP, and illustrating that in this new record might mean that she will in one way or another allude to or reference previous songs. And I think PBP might be one of them. 

21 minutes ago, Baby Boy said:

Of all albums to reimagine..

I don’t believe it either. 

I knew I liked you lmao

8 minutes ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

Well, I mean. PBP was a record where she included some songs about her ex, i.e. PBB, Tightrope, Someone. So it’s not completely implausible that she would like to do a continuation of that in some capacity. I don’t think it’s gonna be PBP 2.0. but she’s in a very different place now compared to where she was when she released PBP, and illustrating that in this new record might mean that she will in one way or another allude to or reference previous songs. And I think PBP might be one of them. 

Definitely! I just meant the way some are making it sound it's gonna be 2.0 she will definitely reference some songs I have no doubt about that she already confirmed that pbp reference

Anyways girls I can not waaaait

Edited by KCFan2014

Pretty sure they just meant the PBP reference in terms of sound/production on the album. 

1 hour ago, Cgcerase said:

Anyone have the snippet and wanna share??

Same, please!

First time atrl poster, long time KC fan!

I’m also super eager to hear new single and hope it comes soon!!

I get the PBP production compliments, but sonically it’s not what I want.

PBP, like most of her RCA catalog excluding My December and Wrapped in Red, is just a random collection of songs. I’m glad every release on Atlantic has had a concept and through line. 

• ATRL Moderator

PBP is her best album so I hope it sounds EXACTLY like that :beatfreak:

8 hours ago, based said:

Pretty sure they just meant the PBP reference in terms of sound/production on the album. 

I hope not. I don't mind continuing the soulful route, going back to pop rock and taking it to a more rock side. But the electronic pop seems so bland for Kelly and abilities and doesn't let her voice shine.

1 hour ago, Nerevanin said:

I hope not. I don't mind continuing the soulful route, going back to pop rock and taking it to a more rock side. But the electronic pop seems so bland for Kelly and abilities and doesn't let her voice shine.

Agreed. Her voice simply gets lost. 

But her voice will be front and center on this record. 

8 hours ago, Cdub said:

First time atrl poster, long time KC fan!

I’m also super eager to hear new single and hope it comes soon!!

Hey! Welcome to the KC club! We are all so eager too! 

7 hours ago, jpsketch said:

I get the PBP production compliments, but sonically it’s not what I want.

PBP, like most of her RCA catalog excluding My December and Wrapped in Red, is just a random collection of songs. I’m glad every release on Atlantic has had a concept and through line. 

this 100%. it feels like she’s grown as an artist if WCCA is anything to measure by. and WIR, MOL, WCCA are all produced in a way that she actually sounds like herself, whereas her earlier material is slightly overproduced. going back to PBP-production would be a step backwards imo.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, justinxx said:

this 100%. it feels like she’s grown as an artist if WCCA is anything to measure by. and WIR, MOL, WCCA are all produced in a way that she actually sounds like herself, whereas her earlier material is slightly overproduced. going back to PBP-production would be a step backwards imo.

I mean Wrapped in Red was RCA and before Piece By Piece, I also don’t think My December or Breakaway are overproduced? 

I don’t personally want Piece By Piece Pt. II, however, that album deserves some credit for giving us Someone, Take You High, In the Blue, Good Goes the Bye, Run Run Run, and Tightrope tour version :jamming:

I don’t really know what I’d want from her, sonically that is. Obviously we kind of know what we’re in for when it comes to a thematic arc. Whatever she delivers, I just have a feeling it’s going to be top notch 

I'm here for some Tightrope (your version), Nostalgic and Good Goes the Bye kind of pbp songs. I don't want any Invincible or Take You High because those are literally the worst songs of her career.

Do y'all think we'll get an announcement this week? I imagine it will coincide with the Blinds wrapping up? (Safe to assume she'll perform the single on one of the live episodes.)

I think a lot of people are forgetting that Julie from Atlantic said something like this album has a lot of real players, as in real instruments. This will most likely sound like the Kellyoke EP, but original songs… and I’m excited for it.

51 minutes ago, badbitch51 said:

Do y'all think we'll get an announcement this week? I imagine it will coincide with the Blinds wrapping up? (Safe to assume she'll perform the single on one of the live episodes.)

Don’t think so. We’ll only be getting a few live shows this season in May. Jeff Goldblum is releasing a duet with her on Friday and a lot of us are thinking a duet with P!nk will be dropping soon too. Guessing we might get an announcement for Kelly’s new era next week or first week of April… unless something leaks. We’ll see though! 

I would guess announcement first or second week of April

I don't mind PBP as an album, but it did suffer from her not going far enough when she was experimenting. Take You High, for example, would have really benefited from a pass or two from another producer imo. The airy, organic pop thing is a wheelhouse for you (In the Blue, Good Goes the Bye, Let Your Tears Fall to an extent) and so is the 80s synth thing (Dance With Me, Nostalgic) but they are missing that oomph, and connective tissue with the first half of the album.

Also Tightrope Tour Version devours the studio. I think she did this pretty well on Meaning of Life, but when she channels her live performance instincts into her music, it really shines.

Anyway time to give PBP a stream.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.