Britney Spears

Anticipating

12 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

Is it more playlisting? If so then GOOD. It's been about time for her label to accept she's retired. Milk her discography. Make "Scary" and others available worldwide. Make "Get Back" a single. Re-release "Radar" too atp idc

Unfortunately not, the playlisting is still as poor as ever. RCA remains useless. They're still threatening into recording the album last time i heard.

925930710_sippingknee.thumb.jpeg.f3d81e8

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rev8

• slw84

• Jeremiah

• dirrtydiana

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Eternium said:

@Anticipating What's the tea about the silver screen?

It's a TV appearance apparently. Maybe a hosting gig? TV related since sitcoms aren't really a thing anymore so I don't know what else it'd be.

3 hours ago, Miichael said:

If I'm God viral when??

It went viral during covid with the nuns

Her streams are out of control :allears:

23 hours ago, shyboi said:

can i start a B10 thread or too soon?

Is there any tea?

It is insane that Baby and Gimme More will most likely reach 800k today and/or tomorrow. IDK if its possible, but imagine her top three songs making 1M, what a gag. :jonny:

Happy 25th anniversary, Sometimes!

• Like 1

It's incredible that her streams are as good as they are when she's been inactive for 8 years, receives no real support from her label and is being... quirky on socials. A testament to the power of her classics.

• Like 4

It's getting crazier and crazier every day, some of her songs' streams are skyrocketing for no reason :deadbanana:

Toxic 1.139M

BOMT doing 840k

GM 765k

Oops 655k

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature
  • Like 1

I miss her as a popstar so much, such a force.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Slayer said:

I miss her as a popstar so much, such a force.

I really don't get why RCA can't just update her teen pop album certs + In the zone and Femme fatale and Glory and then release GH: Volume 3.

They can just put 3-5 unreleased material on it and she'll have a charting album on the BB 200.

26 minutes ago, slw84 said:

I really don't get why RCA can't just update her teen pop album certs + In the zone and Femme fatale and Glory and then release GH: Volume 3.

They can just put 3-5 unreleased material on it and she'll have a charting album on the BB 200.

I honestly think it's Britney stopping them from doing it. She's really been stressing lately on Instagram that she's RETIRED. I don't think she wants RCA releasing new material because she doesn't want to give people the wrong idea. 

21 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

I honestly think it's Britney stopping them from doing it. She's really been stressing lately on Instagram that she's RETIRED. I don't think she wants RCA releasing new material because she doesn't want to give people the wrong idea. 

Britney is too busy ghostwriting for "randoms" like Charlie xcx and Tate

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BraveNewSeth said:

She's never actually said the word retirement. I always take her "I quit" posts with a grain of salt because she said the same thing weeks before dropping Hold Me Closer. But anyway, I don't want a rarities album either... the posthumous vibes would be too much. Would much rather wait for her to feel like recording again instead of tarnishing her legacy with old demos. MYB was bad enough.

Edited by Anticipating
  • Like 1

She needs to heal first before putting out new music imo.

Surely some of her songs are getting better playlistings, it has to be it. Especially cause many of her other songs arent getting a boost

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dirrtydiana said:

Britney is too busy ghostwriting for "randoms" like Charlie xcx and Tate

Good for her for getting her money tbh

56 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

She's never actually said the word retirement. I always take her "I quit" posts with a grain of salt because she said the same thing weeks before dropping Hold Me Closer. But anyway, I don't want a rarities album either... the posthumous vibes would be too much. Would much rather wait for her to feel like recording again instead of tarnishing her legacy with old demos. MYB was bad enough.

That's understandable. At this point I'm choosing to take Britney at her word. Whether she says she quits or retires, it's all the same to me. The recording studio and the stage are both sources of so much trauma and pain for her. I do hope she's able to eventually work through it and find her passion for music and performing again, I just… don't see that happening for a while. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Good for her for getting her money tbh

That's understandable. At this point I'm choosing to take Britney at her word. Whether she says she quits or retires, it's all the same to me. The recording studio and the stage are both sources of so much trauma and pain for her. I do hope she's able to eventually work through it and find her passion for music and performing again, I just… don't see that happening for a while. 

I think the performing side of things will take a lot longer. I don't see her performing again for a while nnn, like you said, it's too much trauma. But recording music is a different story since she literally recorded and released material not too long ago. She even had a chapter on her book dedicated to Hold Me Closer and how good it felt to get back in the studio. 

If what she said on Instagram about ghostwriting is true, then she hasn't actually lost passion for music. 

I love to delude myself that her new team is getting ready the payola for her new era, and that's why her streams have been increasing recently

I hope we get a new (Good) song, so we have something real to be excited about again :'(

5 hours ago, Anticipating said:

I think the performing side of things will take a lot longer. I don't see her performing again for a while nnn, like you said, it's too much trauma. But recording music is a different story since she literally recorded and released material not too long ago. She even had a chapter on her book dedicated to Hold Me Closer and how good it felt to get back in the studio. 

If what she said on Instagram about ghostwriting is true, then she hasn't actually lost passion for music. 

That's true! I guess I phrased myself wrong in my comment. I don't think she's lost her passion for music or even performing for that matter. Quite the opposite actually. You can clearly tell she still has a passion for music and performing just from looking at her Instagram, but it's probably hard for her to tap into that when her artistry was stifled for 13 years and she was only allowed to do what her handlers wanted her to do. I can't imagine how terrible it must feel for someone to take your passion for something, commercialize it, and put profits above everything else, Britney's thoughts and feelings be damned. Especially since Britney has been saying since 2001 that she doesn't care about sales and charts, and just wants to release music that she likes and is proud of.

While I choose to take Britney at her word when she says she quits, I honestly don't believe she's ACTUALLY going to retire ddd. But I think she's going to go independent once/if she releases again. I just don't see how she could ever feel safe in an industry where her abusers are still so omnipresent. 

• Like 1

streaming elixir

Toxic — 1.11M
...Baby One More Time — 819.8K
Gimme More — 733K
Oops!...I Did It Again — 627.5K
*Scream & Shout — 447.2K
Womanizer — 423.7K
Circus — 364.1K
Hold Me Closer — 355K
Criminal — 148.8K
If U Seek Amy — 131.2K
I'm a Slave 4 U — 114.7K

Edited by shyboi

Manjobi is such a banger. Still can't understand the hate.

The dogs verse :WAP:

• Like 1

OMG :dies: This is incredible:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.