• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

23 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

since the trilogy started i always imagined that she will have one more thing to accomplish before becoming a legacy act, and that is to do a self-written and self-produced rnb album with personal songs that show who she is the best. doubt something like that would happen, but i do expect the album that follows act iii to be pure rnb 

I can't see that happen. It goes against everything she's been working these past 15 years. Her musical (and visual) language since she left Matthew behind is rooted in making a collage of references and genres: taking parts of different demos and reworking old songs, using samples and employing a very collaborative effort. Stripping all of that away would seem like a "desperate effort" to get the AOTY just because people told her she's not winning because she has lots of people credited, when in reality she believes (and she's right) that working that way takes as much artistry if not more.

Beyoncé is an artist because she has developed a personal language and she explores the same things over and over: the dual album (I Am… Sasha Fierce, the current trilogy), the visual component (Started in B'Day, she tried to do it again for 4 but got pregnant, and then the visual albums and self-directed documentaries), avoiding perfection (she's talked about this for the creation of every album since Year of 4 and appears lyrically several times on Self Titled), the duality between the person and the popstar (I Am… Sasha Fierce, Renaissance World Tour), her ascendency (Lemonade, the trilogy, House of Dereon, Sir Davis), mix of genres (the trilogy, Lemonade), etc.

If she does a strong, expansive and extended R&B record in the vein of Song in the Key of Life, The Velvet Rope; it will still be a Beyoncé album with her own musical language.

Edited by Draper.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Just gasped under my breath when I remembered BeenCountry.com omg

A literal waste of time :rip:

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2024 at 7:28 PM, Nippy'sReceipts said:

Whitney songs I'd like to see her cover: 1.You give Good love 

2.I Wanna Dance with Somebody

3. All the man that I Need

4.lover for life

5.he's all over me 

6.it's not right but it's okay

7.love that man

8.so emotional 

9.I go to the rock 

10.im every woman (Whitney kinda did too much on this one. Beyonce would do a great cover but Chaka is kinda a hater so idk if she would)

Most  of the darkchild songs from the My love is your love album  would've been  easily slayed by Beyonce.

Beyonce has better harmonies and versatility (Whitney can't sing sexy convincingly) and better range (her head voice and lowest notes shock me) but Whitney beats everybody on tone. 

Whitney grew up a Diana Ross stan and that's her biggest vocal influence and where she gets her tone from not Cissy or Aretha. Thats why she wanted to do Dreamgirls. Whitney was a perfect mix of Diana and and Aretha/Cissy/the church. 

The Preachers wife soundtrack and fighting temptations soundtrack and dc gospel songs were together on my playlist 

Beyonce songs I'd like to see Whitney cover: 

1.Love on Top

2.Listen

3.i was here

4.Halo

5.Survivor 

6.1+1

7.Cater 2 U

8.I Miss You

9.Heaven

10.emotion (Destinys child)

The Beyoncé songs you chose were perfect

id kill to her Bey cover All the man that I need :loki:

On 9/14/2024 at 8:49 PM, SingingLegend22 said:

Here!!!! She was my first favorite before Bey.

Harmonies definitely go to Bey..her ear is insane. "My Rose" has been stuck in my head all day because of them.... Whitney never played with stacks, she preferred traditional background singers on records (i wish Bey  would try it once or twice just change it up a bit)

Power is Whitney for sure, her mid belts were legendary and her sweet spot

Tone is Whitney for me, especially from early to mid 90's. The tone in their head voices can go head to head though

Range goes to Bey for me. From what I read they both are classified as Mezzo's but Ive heard Bey display much more in both lows and highs

Dynamic's ...whew...Whitney played with dynamics like no other!! One of her superpowers so id go with her, Bey is no slouch either! see any performance for Dangerously In Love...so good!!

Versatility goes to Bey no question. i mean..Look at the material haha.... 

I think Beyoncé is technically capable of singing any Whitney song but she couldnt replicate the feeling that Whitney brought to them, Any of Beys heavy hip hop influenced/ sexy songs Whitney couldnt pull off at all

I would love hear Beys take on Run to You, Exhale (Shoop), All The Man I Need, Queen of The Night all in a live arrangement that way shes free to embellish, shed slayyy

For Whitney, obviously Listen, it'd be so good, 1+1, Love on Top, Me Myself and I, If I were a Boy, Spirit 

Run to you would be amazing

Quuen of the night would be a great cover for the Rock trilogy even if just on tour 

Whitney would be amazing on 1+1

• Like 2

Hello everyone! Just realized there was a Beyonce thread so I hope I can join you. My favourite album is lemonade and Beyonce. :foxaylove2:

• Like 7

On 9/16/2024 at 4:18 PM, Jon Snow said:

since the trilogy started i always imagined that she will have one more thing to accomplish before becoming a legacy act, and that is to do a self-written and self-produced rnb album with personal songs that show who she is the best. doubt something like that would happen, but i do expect the album that follows act iii to be pure rnb 

this...is 4.

just listen to 4. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Just gasped under my breath when I remembered BeenCountry.com omg

I knew it was another birthday blog situation as soon as I saw it.

She's so painfully millennial she thought a website would be a good promo tool like it's 2005 :rip:

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2024 at 8:55 PM, Brikenbur said:

Giddy up now, diggadont, diggadont

Digga daddy, can't leave me 'lone, leave me 'lone

Damn if I do, dammit if I don't

Lady with a whip, want what she wanna want,

okay!

spacer.png

I just know Cowboy Cosplay wrote these words herself

• Haha 2

Its still so funny to me: You go to the Studio, spend hours and hours over recording harmonies and vocals, invite and hire writers, develop concepts, revise these songs over and over again, record visuals which again require the help of designers, producers, a film crew, dancers, location, all which requires so much money and time investment... only to drop the ball so hard on anything to follows post release.

Some of yall live in delulu land when u think this is grand. Its downright stupid :ahh:

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Chris said:

I think Tyrant is my favorite song on Conman Carter.

:rip:

It's pretty up there for me.

I listened again for the first time in like a month the other day, and it was actually pretty refreshing.  The album is really solid IMO, and pretty timeless

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Its still so funny to me: You go to the Studio, spend hours and hours over recording harmonies and vocals, invite and hire writers, develop concepts, revise these songs over and over again, record visuals which again require the help of designers, producers, a film crew, dancers, location, all which requires so much money and time investment... only to drop the ball so hard on anything to follows post release.

Some of yall live in delulu land when u think this is grand. Its downright stupid :ahh:

And sadly, it's the most 'Beyoncé' now. 

You record your best music, like seriously, your GREATEST MUSIC, and probably you best videos, and you spoon feed them to sit at home oil painting while drinking rice milk and liquor

Edited by TizTiz

14 hours ago, Matchatea said:

Hello everyone! Just realized there was a Beyonce thread so I hope I can join you. My favourite album is lemonade and Beyonce:foxaylove2:

Taste! Welcome to most active Base on ATRL. :ryan3:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Redporus said:

Taste! Welcome to most active Base on ATRL. :ryan3:

Period! Thank you so much! Most active? We really ARE the visuals!! :foxaylove2:

I only used the Bey songs before but I listened to the full album and I really liked the whole thing (apart from the Faith Evans and Solange songs :shutup:). He Still Loves Me is still the best song tho. A full gospel album from Bey would go so hard. :jonny: The fact there's still so much for her to explore. After act iii (if it is rock music) we still need a full return to R&B album, a jazz album, gospel, what else?

19 hours ago, Chris said:

I think Tyrant is my favorite song on Conman Carter.

:rip:

It was the first tune I looooved and it has recently become super addictive again, can't stop listening to it. :heart: Also heard Riiverdance in a club last weekend and got super excited

:gayoncecat3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.