Beyoncé

Kisuke

This is so unhinged but I'm sitting through a hurricane right now and I wonder if the damage will be big enough for hag to come out of hiding like she did for us during Harvey. 

:suburban:

• Haha 3

• Replies 116.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

Posted (edited)

Love On Top

Green Light

Plastic Off The Sofa

Signs

Rocket

That's Why You're Beautiful 

SANDCASTLES

BODYGUARD

Justice for Signs :coffee2:

Edited by Pepo

3 minutes ago, Starshine said:

This is so unhinged but I'm sitting through a hurricane right now and I wonder if the damage will be big enough for hag to come out of hiding like she did for us during Harvey. 

Be safe :dancehall:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Starshine said:

only if it's raining dollar bills :suburban:

• Haha 7

God, I really just want Beyoncé to make a pop album again.. like, not house, disco, dance, etc, but just... pop music. 

Crying GIF by Angela Shelton

• Like 1

I'm in my BAG BAG BAG BAG BAG

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952t224wm0at408lkr1e43

• Haha 1

Granted everything that can be said about the nothingness of the era has been said already, my biggest annoyance is a bit more nuanced. 

Bey is primarily an R&B/Pop act, so centering the album on Country required her installed fanbase to venture out of their usual lane.

So, to invite the masses on a relatively "left" musical journey to leave us hanging for so long is...a choice. 

Every previous album of hers could stand on its own sans much promo, including Rennie (which is sonically in her usual wheelhouse). 

A "Country album by Beyonce"  -- which, prior to this year, would read like an oxymoron -- **needs** a mightier push for that very reason. 

Commercially she is fine and probably exceeded expectations (particularly when it comes to how many top 10 singles the album has factually achieved). But in terms of the resonance of the material (outside of Texas) and innovation of the era, it feels like it "may" end up being exactly what she didn't want: more of a footnote mention of "remember when Beyonce went Country for a quick sec" versus this culture-shifting game-changer that it felt they were going for pre-release.

I leave room for all of this to be rendered obsolete should she roll through with some epic visual, tour, or other move we weren't bracing for. But as of now it's all a bit...meh.

• Thanks 2

Green Light

Bodyguard

Plastic Off the Sofa

Rocket

Love on Top

That's Why You're Beautiful

Signs

Posted (edited)

R&B ages the best out of any genre . I've always said it. 

Pop  and country and rap songs do not age well.  Do people think back to 2011 and not  realize Beys 4 was the most timeless even though it was the "flop"  ? Nobody's listening Born this Way or Femme Fatale but Love on Top will last a lifetime .

Whitney is the one who made 
iWALY timeless not Dolly. 

Bey will be back to make another 4 but better. I hope she does go back to her mission of finding a way to put R&B back on the radio and making it the biggest market on Billboard like she did with Destiny's Child when they tried to make bubblegum pop the big one

but I appreciate CC for the conceptually great album it is. However, Renaissance is musically superior even though songwriting/lyrically CC kills Renaissance  .  I think Ive decided . 

Edited by Nippy'sReceipts
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

can't get this song out of my head today, so beautiful

VHCkdPY.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nippy'sReceipts said:

Nobody's listening Born this Way

Uhmm. Bloody Mary was one of the most successful singles of last year, Judas getting 900k daily streams and the album pulling 2M+ streams everyday. 

Please check facts before you speak.

As I'm sitting here taking cover from tornadoes for the fifth time today, I can't help but think "There's a tornado in my city"

So glad she's finally doing some CC promo

:gayoncecat3:

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Starshine said:

not faced with terror and checking for giraffe? :deadbanana: hope ur safe tho. :hug:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bender34 said:

As I'm sitting here taking cover from tornadoes for the fifth time today, I can't help but think "There's a tornado in my city"

need you and sister @Starshine to stay safe with the weather :dies:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

love on top

signs = green light

rocket

plastic off the sofa

that's why you're beautiful 

sandcastles

bodyguard

Beyonce top 10 best songs are

Virgo Groove

Haunted

Blow

Sweet dreams

speechless

Cuff It

XO

All Night

Resentment

I miss you

3 hours ago, Bender34 said:

There [was] a heatwave too :gaycat:

17 hours ago, Starshine said:

4 hours ago, Bender34 said:

stay safe yall! :heart:

• Like 1

If she posts one more cecred IG story….

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Shelter said:

:WAP:

Literally, the easiest #1 she's EVER had. Could've released the song April/May 2023, visualizer, merch, a remix with Aubrey before he fell off, some tour naps & outfit vids using heated as the audio- BOOM! The song is infectious on its own, a lil pushed would've did wonders, cementing RENI with 2 #1 singles with no videos! 

Edited by TizTiz
  • Like 3

Not the tree missing my bedroom window and fences blown over. I have suspicion Roc Nation might be behind this. These mfs I swear they tried to kill, your famous your favorite *****!

I do not have power so therefore a very deserved -1 stream for Bodyguard on Spotify. 

:clack:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

Beyonce top 10 best songs are

Blow

XO

Resentment

I miss you

ik u gotta be trolling bc what is this? :dancehall2:

spacer.png

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.