Beyoncé

Kisuke

6 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

We're more than 1 year into Renaissance and we've had no music videos, barely a single after release (due to tik tok mostly), no televised performances, no docu series/commentary & making of, no intl dates & no sign of concert special in sight and God knows if we'll ever see those music videos too.

We're not mad at other artists, great for them that they put the work in and deliver experiences for their fans. It's Beyonce herself to be mad at for this nonsense. 

The fact that it's been radio silence since the album release and the only way you can get a piece of content is through an insanely priced tour (that might not even visit your continent) is outrageous. 

But sure, let's enjoy the pictures of her (ugly) fits on her website!

Right. 

How weird to report when the conversation was respectful to both artists and contextually still about Bey? 

The reality of the matter is that Bey (as an artist) does not exist in a bubble or on her own island. She exists within an industry that is populated with other artists. Highlighting that she popularized formats that other big acts are building upon while we wait for something (anything) in this weird window of silence is not shade to anyone. It's a fair and factual observation. 

Again, odd behavior IMO @BnPac 

• Like 3

• Replies 111.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

Other fanbases getting fed by their faves and we are still playing clue on if the tour will even extend or if we will get a music video. Clearly the era is over with no new single imo.

Oh look, Beyoncé posted more photos on insta. :coffee2:

Edited by sillycilla
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

It was a joke hence the smiley. But you should refrain from that however respectful that might be to you. We end up with Hives dissing other artists here, then other stanbases invading the base and some telling everyone to go stan someone else. 

It's just better to focus on Bey. Although even that is not exactly allowed here. 

Edited by BnPac
  • Thanks 1

You guys are still wanting to be "fed" the same way other pop stans are? At this point you really ought to mentally divest from Beyonce. I have absolute faith in the abundance of quality work we'll receive in the long run but that month to month excitement of new things to consume, is clearly not on the cards.

I'm actually suprised people are complaining about nothing happening in the middle of the tour, I thought the tour was that "thing" :)

Edited by Otter
  • Like 1

I mean it's silly to say things like Bey's blood will boil when she hears about Taylor's concert film. Do you really think this isn't something she's considered as a possibility? It's not the first time an artist has done this.

Her brand strategy is to make her feel like premium content that's not easily accessible to the masses. Which I find to be nonsense in the field of pop music personally, but to her credit she's never been in danger of being overexposed since she started doing this in 2013ish despite remaining massively culturally relevant. The closest she got was Lemonade/EIL, but I personally don't think people were tired of her, they were tired of being forced on Jay's redemption tour after she had just put him on blast.

Other artists can't really say the same and I think some are currently catapulting toward overexposure.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Otter said:

You guys are still wanting to be "fed" the same way other pop stans are? At this point you really ought to mentally de-invest from Beyonce. I have absolute faith in the abundance of quality work we'll receive in the long run but that month to month excitement of new things to consume, is clearly not on the cards.

I'm actually suprised people are complaining about nothing happening in the middle of the tour, I thought the tour was that "thing" :)

They need more artists to be faves of tbh, follow someone else who is more active idk 

I stream her discography almost daily :michael:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Otter said:

You guys are still wanting to be "fed" the same way other pop stans are? At this point you really ought to mentally de-invest from Beyonce. I have absolute faith in the abundance of quality work we'll receive in the long run but that month to month excitement of new things to consume, is clearly not on the cards.

Good luck booking the abundance you speak of :deadbanana4: 

Also the issue is not that nothing is happening during the tour; it's the fact that NOTHING happened for almost a year before the tour started and there's no sign of anything happening after the tour ends either. 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Otter said:

I can't speak for others, but I'm actually not fussed about the lack of month-to-month activity. 

Like you rightfully said, she's not abiding by the usual rules anymore and it's clear she's taking this era a step at a time with no mix-match nor cross-pollination of its pillars. We got the album. We're getting the tour. And presumably will get the "etc" after that. I get that memo loud and clear.

I think it's the occasional (and fair) realizations that a) we're going on a year and a half since the album dropped (which is testing me as an ultimate optimist) and b) in being aware of happenings in the industry at large, there will quite naturally be developments and frames that make the silence with Bey all the more grating because - in a sense - those moves from others feel like hers for the taking.

Bey would excel with a concert film in theaters (stans have been wanting that for years). Bey would excel with a stadium-type launch for an album in the way that crazy man pulled off semi-recently. Bey essentially is the genesis for these types of drops in this era and we're currently in the midst of having to watch others win with it.

I have faith in what's to come and do suspect there will be some kind of "ohhhhh, so that's what she was cooking up". But it's pretty natural to be slightly jarred in the here and now. 

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Like 2

Honestly we should be looking at stanning other younger and more vibrant acts than Bey. On my part I haven't found another artist I could even pretend to stan. Before Bey I stanned Mariah, Whitney and Janet but I feel Bey has ruined me for other artists. No one is remotely close to GIVING what I require....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, I have made a playlist of her songs that I feel would influence act ii. They're not country songs. She didn't do a lot of country inspired music before. Act ii won't even be pure country. As many of us are sure, it would be huge celebration of southern African American music, including country music, but with a Beyoncé twist. It would still fit her traditional R&B and hiphop vibes, just like act i. I do believe act ii songs would be different from those I have in the list, but they are just something I feel that could inspire them, or have a similar vibe. Some song are here because of their themes, some because of their instruments, some because of their vocals and some because of the genre. I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of her doing "RAH" and "HEEAY" and "WHO" and "OUH". I used the studio versions for most of the tracks, but I mostly used them because of their live versions. For example, I used WDYLM because of the Mrs. Carter Show version, but we don't have a recording of that, so... But, here's the list

1. Daddy Lessons 
  2. Irreplaceable
  3. Suga Mama 
  4. Work It Out
  5. Why Don’t You Love Me 
  6. Bug a Boo (H-Town Screwed Remix) 
  7. Hold Up
  8. Freedom (feat. Kendrick Lamar) 
  9. All Night 
  10. Formation
  11. No Angel 
  12. Savage Remix (Megan Thee Stallion feat. Beyoncé) 
  13. Church Girl 
  14. Bootylicious
  15. Welcome - Homecoming Live 
  16. Crazy In Love - Homecoming Live 
  17. Kitty Kat - Homecoming Live 
  18. Countdown - Homecoming Live 
  19. Deja Vu (feat. Jay Z) - Homecoming Live 
  20. The Bzzzz Drumline - Homecoming Live 
  21. Get Me Bodied - Homecoming Live 
  22. Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) - Homecoming Live 
  23. Deja Vu Jazz Medley 
  24. Daddy Lessons Remix
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

Other fanbases getting fed by their faves and we are still playing clue on if the tour will even extend or if we will get a music video. Clearly the era is over with no new single imo.

Oh look, Beyoncé posted more photos on insta. :coffee2:

WHY DON’T YOU GO STAN THOSE OTHER PEOPLE THEN IF QUEEN BEYONCÉ ISN’T ENOUGH FOR YOU ??? 

Spoiler

:-*

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Yonceage said:

Honestly we should be looking at stanning other younger and more vibrant acts than Bey. On my part I haven't found another artist I could even pretend to stan. Before Bey I stanned Mariah, Whitney and Janet but I feel Bey has ruined me for other artists. No one is remotely close to GIVING what I require....

Right there's absolutely no way I'll ever stan anyone ever again. I love many artists ranging from Mariah to Madonna but I don't even follow them on Instagram, let alone follow their every career move.

I only use ATRL for Bey because there's no way to keep up with rumors or her career unless you put a little effort in. She doesn't even make it easy to find out when she drops music :rip: The fact she teased the era by putting up brief pages on her website saying what is B7 is just so :deadbanana4:

Besides, who is younger that's even worth stanning? I really like Dua Lipa but not enough to care about what her next album is gonna sound like until it gets here. And the rest of the field beyond that is just depressingly bland tbh

Edited by ShouldersSideways
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Yonceage said:

Same.

With Bey sitting at the top of my Mount Rushmore of active artists (because her ultimate faves are equally mine), I really was willing success for the new school e.g. Normani, Chloe, and co. But between label issues, delays (Normani), and Chloe's clear talent being overshadowed by meh music and unfair blowback, our tortuous fave seems like the only available outlet for the brand of artist I go up for. So wait we must lol. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

Good luck booking the abundance you speak of :deadbanana4: 

Also the issue is not that nothing is happening during the tour; it's the fact that NOTHING happened for almost a year before the tour started and there's no sign of anything happening after the tour ends either. 

We can't keep complaining about the pre-tour drought, we're almost in 2024 :redface:

There is plenty sign of things happening after the tour. Didn't she just release a song/feature which is 70% her vocals a few weeks back which opened the whole echoville can of worms/eastereggs? Sure she hasn't announced a release date for act ii or visuals but they've been reinforced that they're coming. There is every indication something is coming after the tour. Especially given her history of typically not giving any indication before something dropping

things that are coming
-Visuals
-New hair related product line :) 
-New Parfume :)
-Echoville trademarks

Whether that's the final night of the tour, the month of november or early/spring 2024... who knows 

Edited by Otter
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I mean it's silly to say things like Bey's blood will boil when she hears about Taylor's concert film. Do you really think this isn't something she's considered as a possibility? It's not the first time an artist has done this.

Her brand strategy is to make her feel like premium content that's not easily accessible to the masses. Which I find to be nonsense in the field of pop music personally, but to her credit she's never been in danger of being overexposed since she started doing this in 2013ish despite remaining massively culturally relevant. The closest she got was Lemonade/EIL, but I personally don't think people were tired of her, they were tired of being forced on Jay's redemption tour after she had just put him on blast.

Other artists can't really say the same and I think some are currently catapulting toward overexposure.

I was not referring to the concert film making her blood boil, but to the fact that she is being outgrossed by someone who performs like that. :eli: 

Also, her brand strategy can't be premium content that's not easily accessible if there's NO CONTENT in the first place. 

5 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

Same.

With Bey sitting at the top of my Mount Rushmore of active artists (because her ultimate faves are equally mine), I really was willing success for the new school e.g. Normani, Chloe, and co. But between label issues, delays (Normani), and Chloe's clear talent being overshadowed by meh music and unfair blowback, our tortuous fave seems like the only available outlet for the brand of artist I go up for. So wait we must lol. 

When Have Mercy came out I really thought Chloe was about to launch into the stratosphere. But as time goes on I'm really just not seeing it for her, unfortunately. Ungodly Hour was one of my favorite albums in 2020 and it felt controlled and precise but Chloe's solo stuff just feels frenetic and all over the place.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kingdom said:

are you all going to play couch fashion critics in every discussion in this thread? like damn, its really annoying. Like we can talk about the actual show and its brilliance

We did that for 4 months already. Now all we have left is the fashion, then the perfume in 2 months.

A fashion rate might be in the works too

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Right there's absolutely no way I'll ever stan anyone ever again. I love many artists ranging from Mariah to Madonna but I don't even follow them on Instagram, let alone follow their every career move.

I only use ATRL for Bey because there's no way to keep up with rumors or her career unless you put a little effort in. She doesn't even make it easy to find out when she drops music :rip: 

Besides, who is younger that's even worth stanning? I really like Dua Lipa but not enough to care about what her next album is gonna sound like until it gets here. And the rest of the field beyond that is just depressingly bland tbh

In terms of Pop/RnB it is a bit weak... 

But age has a massive role to play. When most of us started stanning Bey, we were pre-teens/early teens and she wasn't the respected artist she is now. She was a brilliant performer with a catalogue of bops and an iconic look. 

The music category is the easiest to fill because there is a large abundance of music out there. Having it all come together in a stan worthy package is a bit harder. Recently been listening to Janelle's album and Victoria Monet 

Just now, ShouldersSideways said:

When Have Mercy came out I really thought Chloe was about to launch into the stratosphere. But as time goes on I'm really just not seeing it for her, unfortunately. Ungodly Hour was one of my favorite albums in 2020 and it felt controlled and precise but Chloe's solo stuff just feels frenetic and all over the place.

Same. That said, when I saw legs spread open under that tree in the Have Mercy video, I most certainly thought "Houston, we have a problem" lol. 

Speaking of Chloe x Halle, I think for both ladies, going back to the group will be a wise reset before trying solo stuff again. 

• Haha 1

By the way, the girls on Twitter are loving Bey's opening look last night, especially the boots. I came on this thread expecting ya'll to be gagged too...only to find...🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Yonceage said:

By the way, the girls on Twitter are loving Bey's opening look last night, especially the boots. I came on this thread expecting ya'll to be gagged too...only to find...🤣🤣🤣

see when i say old people :rip:

we either get the pink boots or another kitten heal, be grateful

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.