Beyoncé

Kisuke

1 minute ago, Arrogant said:

I think the point is that Chloe herself isn't spelling it properly. Every time I see it, I wonder if she knows it's supposed to go above the e.

It's a name, it can be spelt in any way she wants it to be. :toofunny3:

• Replies 111.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

19 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

It's a name, it can be spelt in any way she wants it to be. :toofunny3:

Which is evidenced by her choosing to spell it in a way that makes no sense :cm:

3 minutes ago, Arrogant said:

Which is evidenced by her choosing to spell it in a way that makes no sense :cm:

It makes sense to her, the only person that's relevant to the decision. :cm: 

21 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

It makes sense to her, the only person that's relevant to the decision. :cm: 

Incorrect :heart2:

15 hours ago, bijonse said:

LEMONADE sonically is better than the gift though. Sorry was my most played bey song until Renaissance came out it’s CRACK. PYCM Hold up 6 inch love drought formation are discography highlights 

you spilled so hard with this :jonny:

Imagine releasing Lemonade and Renaissance next, the talent and range :jonny:

Those projects are impossible to top for me :jonny:

15 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Black Parade, Find Your Way Back, Otherside, Already and Bigger would like to have a word.

14 hours ago, Armani? said:

Sorry aged like milk. Very 2016 vibe song

14 hours ago, SashaDevachelli said:

Sorry is annoying, the demo outsold:sorry:

BIK is way more visually appealing than Lemons, it built off the foundation of that and made it even better.

My greatest concern for Rennie’s visuals is it’s just gonna be glam shots of her sitting or standing with amazing gowns with zooms on her face:rip: granted we only have the teaser to go by but with the long wait I can’t help but feel nervous, the expectations will just continue to increase the more it’s withheld 

The lack of taste :skull: Sorry is not only one of the best songs from Lemonade, its one of her best bops period. She took the RnB Trap formula to perfection with it. It literally sounds still fresh, like it was just released.

2 minutes ago, Matangi said:

The lack of taste :skull: Sorry is not only one of the best songs from Lemonade, its one of her best bops period. She took the RnB Trap formula to perfection with it. It literally sounds still fresh, like it was just released.

I dont dislike sorry, but im just more of an afrobeats person i suppose

2 hours ago, Arrogant said:

I think the point is that Chloe herself isn't spelling it properly. Every time I see it, I wonder if she knows it's supposed to go above the e.

:deadbanana: at this point the Bailey sister.

44 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I dont dislike sorry, but im just more of an afrobeats person i suppose

Sorry isn't that Girl by any genre standards... It's why Hold Up outstreamed :celestial5:

It grew on me in time (and I love the bridge/outro) but there's something very juvenile, tacky about it IDK. Cute lil jingle though

15 hours ago, jane said:

A Netflix special for the visuals is the only thing that would make sense at this point. Truly. It would create also major buzz for the tour and would make the streams for Renaissance go through the roof. Also Netflix is worldwide reaching a lot of people at the same time. It's a no brainer, if they miss this opportunity for a basic platform, i feel it will fail.

I agree. 

At this point, though, there needs to be a unique "angle". Even if just it's slight or more a marketing angle. It can't just be the visuals. As that is very "been there, done that" terrain for her. 

Maybe the "livestreamed" debut Netflix gave Chris Rock. She has to "event-ize" the visuals in some sort of clever way.

Or hopefully she herself has a unique angle none of the GP are anticipating e.g. limited series, something interactive. 

Whatever it is, and I'll keep saying it, it has to arrive before the tour. Because, if not, there really won't be a point. And I say this as someone who has been hella patient with her.

No amount of cameos, cinematography, fashion looks etc will compensate for us already having seen the choreo on tour already. Choreo is her main sell.

The only (and I mean only) way she can get away with that is if the visual is something huge that arrives alongside material we've not heard yet (Acts 2 and/or 3). 

24 hours later and we’re still talking about BIK and Lemonade somebody take us out of this misery :deadvision:

2 hours ago, Matangi said:

I'd rather listen to Apeshit in 2023

4 hours ago, Matangi said:

you spilled so hard with this :jonny:

Imagine releasing Lemonade and Renaissance next, the talent and range :jonny:

Those projects are impossible to top for me :jonny:

No you get it! LEMONADE is the ultimate feels album like she really gave us an evolved version of all her “**** that man but actually I still love him” music from the DC days each song in a different genre with a narrative written through every single song. And then Renaissance is pure sonic ecstacy :WAP: like every song is crack and it’s just about fun feeling like that ***** and having a good time like I’ve never played an album every day like I do with Renaissance 

Edited by bijonse

20 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Not you taking issue with @Devin spelling her name correctly. :rip:

I was just joking :clown: 

unlike @Devin I can never be bothered to switch that o.

My only critique of Lemonade and it’s not really the fault of the album is that it’s not versatile enough for my lifestyle at all.:gayoncecat1: Aside from Formation and Sorry it’s VERY heavy on melancholy. Rennie is so much more versatile and it’s the perfect album to workout too so it’s a legit staple for me and will be for a very long time. I’m just an upbeat music type of person.

Lemonade is still an amazing album objectively but I have to be in that headspace in order to listen to it. Which I’m rarely in :gaycat2:

4 hours ago, Otter said:

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/the-official-top-40-biggest-songs-of-2023-so-far__38997/

Cuff it is the 25th biggest song in the UK this year so far (2023).

Excited for more chart presence from Bey soon :celestial4:

On the building year end list I saw, cuff it was #10 in the US 

obviously that will change. 

Edited by Lose My Breath

Sorry is definitely a product of its time. Very 2016. It’s the one song on Lemonade that really dates it, but that being said I still enjoy it.

14 hours ago, bijonse said:

Lemonade is a timeless album, it’s going to sound fresh years from now :loud:

period! 

9 minutes ago, Machete said:

Sorry is definitely a product of its time. Very 2016. It’s the one song on Lemonade that really dates it, but that being said I still enjoy it.

for me its quite the opposite, the whole album aged so badly sans sorry and pray you catch me

4 minutes ago, Devin said:

Y’all dragging Lemonade, imagine how dated Renaissance will sound in 2028. 

spacer.png

Renaissance is gonna be her most timeless album since 4. Most of her music is tbh

Edited by bijonse

8 minutes ago, Devin said:

spacer.png

spoiler alert: It won't.

89-BB6-A8-F-4115-4-CF9-B57-A-359-BF4-BB5

2 hours ago, Devin said:

spacer.png

As soon as act 2 comes out, they will say REN isn't great. The way they turned on Lem. :rip:

They added extra sections for Seattle, Tampa and night 3 of Atlanta. @BeyColombia

One month until the tour and nothing. I hope her social media picks up because ... :rip:  

Edited by Shelter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.