How many memebers did it have?  Out of curiosity 

It had like 50k if I remember correctly. raven-symone.org/forum :chick3:

Anyway, :gayoncecat3:

• Haha 1

Im so ready for tomorrow night! 

deggi0r-fa04d6bd-9005-4165-92bf-b3f5b819

• Like 2

• Like 5

Yaaasss hopefully Bey's version is less insecure. No shade! 

Knowing Bey, she will take that pick me song and turn it into a feminist anthem. Nothing else will be left to be said. 

👀👀👀

• Haha 1

Why would she rewrite Jolene when it's one of the best country songs ever? And how is it not a feminist song when it only says nice things about Jolene and it's not trying to beef with her at all? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WAIT…

Uber = taxi

There was a taxi driving away in the act ii trailer

THE VISUALS ARE (INDEED) IMMINENT! 

Dish Nation Love GIF by TV One

Edited by Brikenbur
  • Haha 3

The song is begging another woman not to take her man because she's so beautiful. And how her man says Jolene's name in his sleep and she can't take it lol.. Reeks of insecurity. But alas, I was only hoping it's her twist on it. 

Edited by sillycilla

1 hour ago, cuteboyzay said:

Also y'all pleaasseee don't forget to join the Discord today and tomorrow. Cause this site is definitely gonna crash and we all need a place to kii kii and enjoy the album :WAP:

Where? OMG.

She should change the lyric to "I could easily take your man"  for some real controversy 

and then take a writing credit 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

I said this in the discord but could bodyguard be an IWALU sample? I've been thinking that all day and no one else has mentioned it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sillycilla said:

The song is begging another woman not to take her man because she's so beautiful. And how her man says Jolene's name in his sleep and she can't take it lol.. Reeks of insecurity. But alas, I was only hoping it's her twist on it. 

I would argue Jolene is feminist inherently because of the same reason you're saying, she's willing to be honest about the insecurities women have. Dolly's power is her ability to dig deep and put it out there, even if it isn't flattering 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Guess this officially confirms that the graphic is the tracklist. Not that I doubted, but for those who did. 

I have a feeling we're gonna get some Pure/Honey type merging. The album seems for sure longer than Rennie, but not sure it's "as" long as some are bracing for. 

Either way, exciting times!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sillycilla said:

Calling it now, Bey's Jolene will flip the original concept on its head. 

Beyond Bey's whole brand being built on feminism as far back as DC, I don't think there is any contemporary act that would sing those lyrics (as is) in 2024. It literally is the antithesis of everything today's society stands for. 

Can y'all imagine a Maleficent-like approach (stay with me lol), where she sings from the perspective of Jolene and flips the story. If done well, it will be the most iconic take on the song simply because everyone else has gone the verbatim cover route. 

The only way I see Bey doing the original is if the album is waaaaaaay more conceptual than we're anticipating. Like, literally "not" a Beyonce album and is instead the album of a character (Cowboy Carter?). I don't buy this, though, as 16 Carriages is as autobiographical as it gets.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

Guess this officially confirms that the graphic is the tracklist. Not that I doubted, but for those who did. 

I have a feeling we're gonna get some Pure/Honey type merging. The album seems for sure longer than Rennie, but not sure it's "as" long as some are bracing for. 

Either way, exciting times!

Im thinking the same too. ST is actually much longer if we consider Ghost/Haunted, Yoncé/Partition, Bow Down/Flawless all different songs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jane said:

Knowing Bey, she will take that pick me song and turn it into a feminist anthem. Nothing else will be left to be said. 

Mother isn't above a Pick Me song or two 

• Thanks 1

There's no one way to be a feminist and Dolly baring her soul on Jolene is just another way of doing it. It may not be empowering, but it's brutally honest and the way she or the person's perspective she was writing from felt at that time.

• Like 7

That new thread about the nail kit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.