HDD FINAL: ADELE 284k, Taylor 102k

ALA

Even with streaming, these numbers for the top 10 are rough for Black Friday week. It’s disappointing how much the music industry has changed. Having been on ATRL since 2008ish I remember Black Friday weeks used to be huge. Rihanna used to released every BF it felt like and would always lose out at #1 because so many artists launched their albums that day back then to maximize sales. :deadbanana:

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• georgechxng

• Gaia

• Virtual_Insanity

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

Yes, I was referring to the 30/EOM ones, because there’s a mighty lot of Taylor talk going on in those threads :turkey:

We talk mostly about the masterpiece that is 30. Feel free to join us tho :party:

5 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

I fail to see what makes you think I was talking very specifically about you but ok? :sad: Good on you for defending Lover! :sad:

OT: Surprised Red TV might be doing 100K for a third week :heart:

Never said you did. The point was, Swifties are pulling all the stops to paint me as an "OTH" when I'm not :deadbanana2: And if I'm basically one of the biggest OTHs in Swifties eyes but have defended Taylor's sales then that sort of negates that assumption that Adele fans would be dragging Taylor's numbers.

Edited by Gaia

Just now, Gaia said:

Never said you did. The point was, Swifties are pulling all the stops to paint me as an "OTH" when I'm not :deadbanana2: And if I'm basically one of the biggest OTHs, and have defended Taylor's sales then that sort of negates that assumption that Adele fans would be dragging Taylor's numbers.

I think it's pointless to try to argue with them at this point. The same people that be shading Adele in every thread are the first ones to accuse people of being "OTHs" if anyone decides to clap back and do to Taylor what they're doing to Adele :deadbanana2:

6 minutes ago, Marianah Adkins said:

The OP is a Monster who is generally indifferent to Adele? Not even a Daydreamer starting the thread

and I agreed to it because Swifties were already picking on Adele for EOM/her music in general (the worst of the attacks was yet to come apparently). Also Swifties have been attacking the other popgirls that I stan in my sig (but thats another story). 

The point here is the vitriol and hate that Swifties have been throwing on Adele is way bigger than the recent hate thrown by Adele fans to Taylor. Note how every Taylor hate thread is an OTH fest (coming from diff fanbases ) whereas recent Adele hate threads nowadays come from your fanbase mostly

Oh please, drop your biased stan glasses. Since you have no issue whatsoever to openly side and kiki with the OTHs in those Taylor/swifites hate threads, but the moment we call Adele "underperfoming" and "boring", it's "the vitriol and hate that have been throwing on Adele is way bigger than the recent hate thrown by Adele fans to Taylor"?!?! Damn sure it is when you can just PICK AND CHOOSE WHOM AND WHEN it's convenient to you.

And let's not mention that fact that Taylor got called WORSE things on this same website:

On 11/21/2021 at 11:02 PM, Starchild said:

Are some really acting like Adele is being attacked?:rip:

the worst anyone has said about Adele is she “flopped” where were you moral police when there was 10 threads a day made about Taylor during release week calling her a scammer a narcissist chart obsessed a clown a person who was “using men”  an embarrassment and even a damn pedophile? Nobody is insulting Adele, everyone who underperforms gets the same thread made 

1 minute ago, georgechxng said:

I think it's pointless to try to argue with them at this point. The same people that be shading Adele in every thread are the first ones to accuse people of being "OTHs" if anyone decides to clap back and do to Taylor what they're doing to Adele :deadbanana2:

Yeah I think I'm done. Legitimately not even being hostile (unless they are) and respond to anyone nicely if they don't attack Adele. Yet somehow, retaliating against their attacks against Adele makes everyone else an OTH. No point in arguing anymore. Despite this being explained countless times, its the same thing every thread.

3 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

I think it's pointless to try to argue with them at this point.

And yet you have more posts in this thread than literally anyone. Maybe JUST maybe this isn't one-sided? :deadbanana2:

6 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

We talk mostly about the masterpiece that is 30. Feel free to join us tho :party:

I’ve commented in that thread multiple times, thanks! I’ve also noticed a frequent amount of discourse related not to the album but to certain other pop star in question :turkey:

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

And yet you have more posts in this thread than literally anyone. Maybe JUST maybe this isn't one-sided? :deadbanana2:

And I will keep posting, this is an HDD thread :deadbanana2: also your obsession with me is kinda weird.

No point in arguing anymore :sosad:, as he spams literally every single thread picking fights. :juanny: Poor swifties have to deal with arguing with the equivalent of a brick wall

1 minute ago, Mandalore said:

Poor swifties have to deal with arguing with the equivalent of a brick wall

You sure look like you love to waste your precious time with that :bloo:

4 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

And I will keep posting, this is an HDD thread :deadbanana2: also your obsession with me is kinda weird.

2 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

No point in arguing anymore :sosad:, as he spams literally every single thread picking fights. :juanny: Poor swifties have to deal with arguing with the equivalent of a brick wall

:ahh:

3 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Oh please, drop your biased stan glasses. Since you have no issue whatsoever to openly side and kiki with the OTHs in those Taylor/swifites hate threads, but the moment we call Adele "underperfoming" and "boring", it's "the vitriol and hate that have been throwing on Adele is way bigger than the recent hate thrown by Adele fans to Taylor"?!?! Damn sure it is when you can just PICK AND CHOOSE WHOM AND WHEN it's convenient to you.

And let's not mention that fact that Taylor got called WORSE things on this same website:

No one is denying that Taylor is ruthlessly dragged through misogynistic means. But thats another story that is not related to Adele’s 

What is just being pointed out is how Swifties seem to disproportionately attack Adele (in terms of who the OP in the troll threads are, in terms of who spams and trolls her threads). Its funny bec most Adele fans do not have a problem with her nor does Adele herself have a problem with Tay yet with the way she’s constantly spammed and dragged by Swifties, it was as if she pulled a Scooter on her :rip:

You dont see Swifties doing that obssessively to Biebs, Demi or even Ari. Yet every Adele thread in this forum or on Twitter or different pop forums, ever since EOM was released, you will see Swifties dominating the thread and dragging her.

I understand that Tay gets way too much hate but you dont need to act it out on other female artists. Why do you think different fanbases ranging from new popgirls to contemporaries like Daydreamers, Navys to veterans like Madonsters and Lambs have grown to found Swifties toxic. I mean the fact that you’ve already branded me an OTH for agreeing on an increasingly general consensus of Swifties in stan world speaks for itself (and this is after even praising her latest releases like Folklore and the TVs- I even got to participate in an album survival game of Folklore in late 2020 :deadbanana4:).

27 minutes ago, FAN said:

Even with streaming, these numbers for the top 10 are rough for Black Friday week. It’s disappointing how much the music industry has changed. Having been on ATRL since 2008ish I remember Black Friday weeks used to be huge. Rihanna used to released every BF it felt like and would always lose out at #1 because so many artists launched their albums that day back then to maximize sales. :deadbanana:

Ya chart watching used to be so much more fun. Streaming is all about longevity which isn’t exactly exciting to watch 

all this fighting over 2 singers who make safe, basic music made for the masses.  I wish the music justified all this but it doesn't.

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

The way Swifties are acting like COVID isn't still affecting the world today is...beyond sad and pathetic. Why is the US government now recommending booster shots for those vaccinated if everything in the world was solved from the vaccines? Why did many states go back to tighter restrictions despite the vaccinations? Why is majority of Europe going back into shutdowns?

You guys minimizing COVID in 2021 is literally...insane.

no one’s minimizing it dummy, the world now is way different than it was in 2020

this faux outrage attitude is SO old like jesus get a new style of trolling at least :rip: you’re not even remotely FUNNY 

22 minutes ago, spree said:

all this fighting over 2 singers who make safe, basic music made for the masses.  I wish the music justified all this but it doesn't.

36 minutes ago, Marianah Adkins said:

No one is denying that Taylor is ruthlessly dragged through misogynistic means. But thats another story that is not related to Adele’s 

What is just being pointed out is how Swifties seem to disproportionately attack Adele (in terms of who the OP in the troll threads are, in terms of who spams and trolls her threads). Its funny bec most Adele fans do not have a problem with her nor does Adele herself have a problem with Tay yet with the way she’s constantly spammed and dragged by Swifties, it was as if she pulled a Scooter on her :rip:

You dont see Swifties doing that obssessively to Biebs, Demi or even Ari. Yet every Adele thread in this forum or on Twitter or different pop forums, ever since EOM was released, you will see Swifties dominating the thread and dragging her.

I understand that Tay gets way too much hate but you dont need to act it out on other female artists. Why do you think different fanbases ranging from new popgirls to contemporaries like Daydreamers, Navys to veterans like Madonsters and Lambs have grown to found Swifties toxic. I mean the fact that you’ve already branded me an OTH for agreeing on an increasingly general consensus of Swifties in stan world speaks for itself (and this is after even praising her latest releases like Folklore and the TVs- I even got to participate in an album survival game of Folklore in late 2020 :deadbanana4:).

Stop this non sense. I have always seen you dragging Taylor. 

And we can say the same thing about Daydreamers, navy and other bases being toxic.

Just look the thread of Taylor releasing Red TV a week before it was scheduled and you'll see lambs, navy and monsters dragging her and portraying her as an insecure and chart obsessed person. But only SWifTieS are toxic.

OT: I didn't expect RED TV to do ~100k in the third week.:jonnycat:

Actually I was expecting like 40k.

These numbers are great for both of them so I'm afraid to see why this thread is 21 pages long :rip: 

28 minutes ago, Starstruck. said:

no one’s minimizing it dummy, the world now is way different than it was in 2020

this faux outrage attitude is SO old like jesus get a new style of trolling at least :rip: you’re not even remotely FUNNY 

No one is trying to be funny. Swifties weaponizing COVID is quite literally the most pathetic thing I've EVER seen on this forum.

Guess who originally brought up COVID as an excuse for Folklore's sales? Swifties.

Guess who are now trying to twist someone's words to say something they literally did not say? Swifties.

Guess who are still trying to act like COVID is less of a deal than it was in 2020? Swifties.

Continue being ignorant. Not that I would expect anything else.

Edited by Gaia

1 minute ago, idkwiam said:

And we can say the same thing about Daydreamers, navy and other bases being toxic.

Just look the thread of Taylor releasing Red TV a week before it was scheduled and you'll see lambs, navy and monsters dragging her and portraying her as an insecure and chart obsessed person. But only SWifTieS are toxic.

OT: I didn't expect RED TV to do ~100k in the third week.:jonnycat:

Actually I was expecting like 40k.

Always? Most of my drags were against her fanbase (eg. The Netflix drama involving the black actress and Swifties, the usual stan wars- where I dont even drag her at all, just her fans). I have never dragged her music (outside of the mess that was Me!) nor did I use her personal life against her.
A bit rich to accuse me of that coming from someone like u lol 

29 minutes ago, idkwiam said:

Drag it:clap3:

1 hour ago, spree said:

And one member saying "we won" on the 1st page as if their fave\s numbers will help their life meaningfully :clown: 

3 minutes ago, Khal said:

And one member saying "we won" on the 1st page as if their fave\s numbers will help their life meaningfully :clown: 

Literally this. 

All these essays... Like why do you put your whole energy into this?  :priceless:

Amazing pure sales for 2021. 

9 hours ago, slobro said:

People drag 25 but every song on that album could've been a single and sound more like a hit than anything on 30.

Yes sure but at least 30 leans on the good side. Still not a great record but she showed a bit of growth and made some rather intresting songs. 

But yeah there's no RITD or SLY here, it's a bit difficult interesting and hit-sounding. Let's hope TBL, CIGI or IDW give the album some longevity on streaming. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.