• Gaia

• georgechxng

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Brando

4 minutes ago, manuelalex9810 said:

She did it without bundles and 8 versions. Queen :clap3:

She actually had multiple versions. 

29 minutes ago, Agenor said:

It's kind of funny how Keith Caulfield and Gary Trust are shading Taylor for a 3rd time in a week in charts articles by naming every tactic she used to push her albums and songs (detailed list of every version of the songs and albums and the way they were promoted)... Keith even mentioned the "Ticketmaster Verified Fan program". :dies:

From the same Bilboard... 

"I don’t think there is any doubt it will hit a million consumption units,” a brick-and-mortar executive says. The question, the executive says, is how the album gets there and what that says about the potential for physical sales of a mainstream album in the streaming era.

Another music executive says that “If Sony [Adele’s record company] can meet the demand, it will definitely hit the million-unit mark” and suggests that it might do 1.5 times as well as Swift’s Folklore, which sold 845,000 — about 1.3 million — or half as well as 25, which would be about 1.75 million."

https://www.billboard.com/pro/can-adele-sell-million-albums-week/

I wonder why they suddenly feel mad

r4v03aj.gif

Is it Taylor's last 1 Million debut record, is it biggest debut of decade record, is it vinly record... I guess we will never know :celestial6:

This is quite impressive.  Largest debut since Folklore.  Taylor and Adele truly are the biggest forces of the music industry when they release. 

Just now, www said:

This is considerably below what her label had expected, almost 50% lower.  This is alarming. 

Definitely not 50% lower since they shipped 1.5M for the whole era... They probably expected 1M. And that's only 16% lower. 

Congrats to Adele on such a huge sales week, especially that 200K in digital — that’s insane, and the biggest since evermore I think?

Congratulations to reputation on remaining the last 1M+ debut week, AND the last multi-million pure seller. :clap3:

Congratulations to Lover on remaining the biggest debut since reputation :clap3: 

Congratulations to folklore on remaining the biggest debut week of this decade :clap3: 

Congratulations to Red (Taylor’s Version) for remaining the biggest vinyl sales week in history :clap3: 

9 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Folklore remaining the biggest debut of the decade is one thing, but a Taylor re-recording selling more vinyls first week might be the most shocking thing about this. Who would have expected that?

v8ipShi.gif

With vinyls nowhere to be found since you know...

anyway, amazing numbers and staying in the top 3 biggest forces in  the US, in general and on this week’s chart, iconic :smitten:

4 minutes ago, By the Water said:

True but having a hit is very important for SEA and she has at least one already. I think her team was banking on the pure sales carrying the album anyway, considering the rollout and holiday season release

I haven't been checking the stats but if Oh My God smashes and the tracks stablize then I can see the album serving great longevity. The pure sales are great obviously but they're not gonna carry it for so long, especially with the vinyls underpeforming so far :skull: 

The soccer moms flocking to Itunes to purchase digital copies, who would have thought?

v8ipShi.gif

She should've made it digital exclusive like 25 tbh

4 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Besides the US, it's the biggest weekly debut Worldwide since her own last album (25)

:clap3:

Did it really sell over 2M? Very impressive if it's true :clap3:

3 minutes ago, byzantium said:

This is quite impressive.  Largest debut since Folklore.  Taylor and Adele truly are the biggest forces of the music industry when they release. 

This. Thanks to the Swifties other the 3 being messy here celebrating a big accomplishment. 

I wonder if with a more upbeat record Adele can do a million debut with her next. 

OMG is def gonna be a hit so that'll help the longevity of the album and it'll still be the highest selling album of the year or even the last 5 in the US for sure when it's all said and done.

2 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Did it really sell over 2M? Very impressive if it's true :clap3:

Western artist* other than BTS

57 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

So reputation will be the last ever million seller :clap3:

ORHs lost :fan:

ot: Good for  Adele :clap3:

excepted a tad bigger, but still good

23 minutes ago, Brando said:

having more versions means nothing. fans are not obligated to purchase all 17 different versions. if Adele fans wanted to game the system they could have bought 17 different versions just for the sake of it too. plus there were enough versions to choose from (regular, deluxe, exclusive, vinyl, cassette, digital) 

They are not obligated to but they do. Many posted here than they and we all know how aggressively Taylor encourages it with the splitting of her diary across versions of lover, the Polaroids for 1989, the point system for reputation.  Goes on and on. There are no 17 versions of Adele’s album to choose from. If Adele was able to use bundles, it would’ve bumped her numbers but coulda shoulda woulda is neither here nor there. Both ladies slayed. 

Summer having a good hold in the top 10:clap3:

7 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

This. Thanks to the Swifties other the 3 being messy here celebrating a big accomplishment. 

I wonder if with a more upbeat record Adele can do a million debut with her next. 

OMG is def gonna be a hit so that'll help the longevity of the album and it'll still be the highest selling album of the year or even the last 5 in the US for sure when it's all said and done.

I do not know if she has enough time to beat Morgan and Olivia at #1 and #2.  Also we will need to see about longevity. I am a little concerned about this album going forward but might be happily surprised. 

I thought Robert Plant and Alisson were #10 but kudos to these legends for a #7 peak

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvvf0o41BrVPPndK6xKUo

4 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

She can try for second highest selling album. Nothing this year is coming close to Morgan Wallen sadly :priceless:

I meant overall when it's said and done. I'm sure she can Morgan's numbers by February the latest.

If u check the replies in here... 90% belong to certain fanbase... The obsession is REAL

They mention records from the last decade.... I guess is not convenient to mention the biggest 1st week with over 3M, the only album with 3 different weeks over a million... No no, those are not interesting records I guess

It's interesting that the top 6 weeks for vinyls are all by female artists. Adele being in the list somewhat disproves the claims that she has no dedicated fanbase. I mean, Bieber's last album sold 7k vinyls first week

r4v03aj.gif

20 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Ngl the fact that 30 barely did 10m streams more than Positions is lowkey alarming. Not a good sign for its longevity though. :rip: Second week will be saved by the black friday boost, but it will be interesting to see how the album holds up when the pure sales are low.

The streaming numbers are kinda disappointing but if you think about it, 200k people already owned the album digitally. And not like BTS or others, Adele doesn't have a fandom who purchases her album digitally just to inflate the stats. They would listen to their Itunes version rather than Spotify/AM. 

If those 200k people just listen to the album 5 times a day/7 days a week (plausible for the first week), it would be 200k x 5 x 7 x 12 (tracks) = 84M additional streams already. Of course i'm not suggesting she would have 84M additional streams but the pure sales in this case does affect the streams.

And EOM is stable which is a good sign, still #1 on every streaming platform so she would be fine i guess :celestial5:

Impressive digital sales from Adele :clap3: she really does it so effortlessly. I’m glad Taylor got to keep a number of records though, it’s nice to see multiple women excelling in the market. It will be interesting to see what the second week numbers are. I know Black Friday happened but I couldn’t help but notice I still a lot of copies in my local Walmart yesterday :!ohno: hopefully it was more restocking 

11 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Western artist* other than BTS

So... over 2M? Because there have been multiple +2M sellers since 25 if i remember correctly. 

r4v03aj.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.