H100: Easy On Me 5x #1, Oh My God #5

Renan90

I bet Adele won’t be taking a long break after this. I expect another album by 2023 or 24. 

The label has to be so disappointed by this. 

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gaia

• georgechxng

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Brando

Impressive for a post-bundles era album, also physicals are obviously dead . Only a matter of really. 

You guys don't buy the music of the people you stan for? You just stream?

Just now, Bey'Knight said:

Folklore also had a higher number of versions for sale. Let’s not do this. A leap year comes around more frequently than an Adele album, let the woman have her moment. 

Folklore physical sales were all from her website, which means stans actually needed to log in onto her site and buy the physical albums. Her sales are mostly not from casual fans or non-fans. This was also in the middle of the pandemic and many people were jobless :gaycat6:

30 had the advantage of stores being open and people could actually buy it in stores.

You can see where she came out short is where the younger generation consumption is, both Vinyl and Streams. It is a warning sign for her career in longer term for sure. 

5 minutes ago, Agenor said:

Suffering? Adele just sold the most in pure sales in the last 4 years and almost outsold your fave's last studio album's 11 months of sales in just 7 days... I'd say that's not bad at all. :party:

Now say it again without crying

QLQs54E.thumb.png.732919721df1f855d3f20f

The biggest debut of the post bundles era by 33% :clap3:congrats! 839k is the number to beat going forwards. Probably TS in a few years once vinyl sales and streams increase even more

Vinyl sales and streaming for 30 are quite disappointing, but I blame this on her long hiatus. Vinyl sales and streaming increase if you "feed" the audience more often and you have a huge core fanbase - Adele doesn't, so this is quite impressive still.

2 minutes ago, Chika said:

Why are there so many Swifties talking about Taylor in here? Who cares what Ms Swift sold 3 albums ago in the pre-rule change era?

aside from the “rule change” literally not mattering I would just maybe guess that it’s because this is the thread for the weekly Billboard 200 and the article mentions her like seven distinct times, including an entire paragraph about why an album four years and six releases ago might have had a certain number of pure sales :skull:

6 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

From now on Taylor is the one to beat.

We love a confirmation. 

v8ipShi.gif

2 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

Folklore also had a higher number of versions for sale. Let’s not do this. A leap year comes around more frequently than an Adele album, let the woman have her moment. 

having more versions means nothing. fans are not obligated to purchase all 17 different versions. if Adele fans wanted to game the system they could have bought 17 different versions just for the sake of it too. plus there were enough versions to choose from (regular, deluxe, exclusive, vinyl, cassette, digital) 

1 minute ago, Brando said:

and the timing is really bad. too close to xmas. it will tank in week 2 and won't recover until Jan, if it recovers at all. Oh My God needs to smash hard to revive the era. 

I see all her future singles doing very well on radio but below avg on streaming. Similar to the 25 singles. SML was spammed to hell and back yet its streams were not it. 

31 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

Wow, so Folklore (846K) officially had a higher debut than 30 (839K) :chick2:

30 doing it without bundles :clap3: Talent.

3 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

I bet Adele won’t be taking a long break after this. I expect another album by 2023 or 24. 

The label has to be so disappointed by this. 

I expect 33 to come out in 2 years. it will be an upbeat record with only a couple of ballads. or a more r&b record

2 minutes ago, JasperX said:

You can see where she came out short is where the younger generation consumption is, both Vinyl and Streams. It is a warning sign for her career in longer term for sure. 

Good point. 141k SEA is not conducive to long term success with the under 25 demo

Just now, Jennifer said:

I see all her future singles doing very well on radio but below avg on streaming. Similar to the 25 singles. SML was spammed to hell and back yet its streams were not it. 

SML was kinda annoying. OMG is really catchy. i think it will do well 

She did it without bundles and 8 versions. Queen :clap3:

Biggest debut post bundles rule, iktr 

A refugee from another continent doing these numbers in the US is so impressive :clap3:

Just now, Machete said:

Not #10. Not below Summer Walker and Fall Asleep (2019) :bibliahh:

Ariana was THE MOMENT :jonny:

2 minutes ago, Brando said:

I expect 33 to come out in 2 years. it will be an upbeat record with only a couple of ballads. or a more r&b record

Bold of you to assume she has the range to successfully switch it up.

v8ipShi.gif

• ATRL Moderator

For 12 tracks with almost half over 6 minutes, I think these are outstanding numbers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.