Diversity 4: The Re-Up | Winner revealed (pg.132)

thecptz

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Tom Vercetti

• Dessy

• Kavish

Top Posters In This Topic

f60d0a804b56196488348bd10cbe1a5f.jpg

Kavish ⛧ Kritiques  ⸸

~

@Element – Aaliyah – Are You That Somebody?

Song : The baby z noises are distracting, but the song promises some smooth vocals and gripping beats down the road, so it is a nice one to start with.

Write-up : It's risky to sign up with an artist that you barely know in a game where you have to know the artist's discography, but I appreciate the discovery aspect of your choice and why it's important for your musical expansion.

@fiercE – Bastille – Laura Palmer

Song : Anthemic with a sense of urgency and a thumping beat that renders the chorus catchy. The violins also add to the overall orchestral wonder.

Write-up : The song being important to you because it made you listen to the artist's discography is a legitimate reason, but your write-up focuses more on the impact of the music video rather than the song itself.

@shelven – Billie Eilish – Everything I Wanted

Song : Desolate ambiance with a beat that announces hope, just like you mentioned in your write-up, and this vulnerability resonates with me as well. It depicts my tendency to drown in despair, knowing that there is someone above the surface.

Write-up : Mental health and family bonds are relatable themes, and a song that combines both the dark clouds of your mind and the comfort of a loving one is a solid reason for it to be of emotional importance.

@vulnific – Carly Rae Jepsen – Tonight I'm Getting Over You (Remix)

Song : The resolution to get over someone paired with the upbeat chorus paints a "dance through the pain" picture, but I prefer the original over the remix. The song is already overwhelming as it is, and a Nicki feature that doesn't add much value to it is just overkill.

Write-up : It's important to have a source of catharsis whenever we are hurt, and it's great that this song can provide that to you.

@clue – Charli XCX – Gone

Song : We love a misanthrope anthem. Charli and Christine complement each other over the thrashing instrumental, and the experimental turn during the outro adds a layer to the overall experience.

Write-up : Short blurbs can be dangerous but this is a well executed less-is-more approach, and the "...me." packs a punch.

@Not Like The Movies – Chloe x Halle – Warrior

Song : Understandably Disney-ish, which can take some time to get into, but the whimsical atmosphere and anthemic chorus make up for it.

Write-up : The challenge was to write about why the song is important to you, but your write-up is general and not personal. The only connection that I could make to you is that it motivates you to be "valiant and resilient" but 83% of your write-up explains why this song is a significant introduction to the duo instead.

@Lil Uzi Lust – Cocomelon – Apples and Bananas 2

Song : There are a lot of kids' songs that use interesting wordplay and are infectious, but this one is too repetitive and absurd to be enjoyed by an adult. I question if it's even good content for kids, because the improper use of verbs and different ways of pronouncing "apples" and "bananas" throughout the song have the potential to misinform. I have reported the video for child abuse.

Write-up : I get why the song can be of sentimental value to you if it is the first song that your goddaughter liked, but it seems like the song is more important to her than to you, and a more elaborate explanation would have cleared that up.

@Rotunda – Demi Lovato – Sober

Song : The subject matter is heartbreaking and it serves as a great confessional track, but besides the humming, it lacks some oomph instrumentally. I understand that it is purposefully minimal, but the constant tempo makes the song seem longer than it is.

Write-up : That is sad to hear and I hope that you are currently doing fine. Comfort songs play a vital role whenever we are in a darker place, and it's nice that this song can make you feel better.

@Touch It – Doja Cat – Tia Tamera

Song : Funny wordplay albeit questionable at times, and very M.I.A.-esque delivery-wise.

Write-up : You did not elaborate on the song enough for me to understand why it is your favourite Doja song or your league username and what makes it important to you.

@touya kinomoto – Ellie Goulding – I'll Hold My Breath

Song : The explosive chorus sounds sparkling and transformative, like urging something or someone to snap out of it, so I can see how it moved you and made you hopeful.

Write-up : Songs that take us back to a specific moment of our lives are so special. Hopefully you'll find your sky of diamonds, but just know that you are already a diamond floating in this dark universe.

@hofork – f(x) – Rum Pum Pum Pum

Song : I'm only acquainted with the 4 walls sound but this was a pleasant surprise. The exotic sound and strings over the catchy chorus are really gripping.

Write-up : That is a unique reasoning this round as to why this song is important to you. I still remember my first genre-specific songs that got me into those genres, and they always have a special place in our musical world because they are the reason why we were exposed to our new-found love.

@Jay-Zicario – Ginger Root – Loretta

Song : Great discovery this round, and very reminiscent of MGMT at parts. All the different sounds coming together is so whimsical and pleasant to listen to.

Write-up : Only half of your write-up is about why the song is important to you, and while I understand the reason, you could have executed it better. The other half is why it is important for the artist.

@Taylucifer – Halsey – Ghost

Song : Short and engaging. The atmosphere is spacious which is fitting considering that she is singing about someone that is missing.

Write-up : While this is a valid reason why the song is important to you, it's also the most common approach this round and a stronger write-up would have made you stand out among those who used this reasoning. For example, you mentioned how it brings you nostalgia and reminds you of your teenage years. If you detailed it further, your entry would have felt more personal.

@Lucky#17 – Kesha – Tik Tok

Song : An absolute smash. A lot of her earlier songs sound abrasive now, but this one has stood the test of time.

Write-up : The challenge was to write about why the song is important to you, not your artist. Her achievements have nothing to do with this round.

@Drifloon – King Grizzard and the Lizard Wizard – Shanghai

Song : A beautiful discovery. The East Asian influences paired with the constant instrumental and vocal shifts offer such a symphonious experience.

Write-up : Heartfelt write-up, and it's comforting that you found the right song at the right time to uplift you during that transition in your life. I like how you used the word "mantra" to describe those lines because it shows how personal and important those words were to you.

@Future Lover – Kylie Minogue – The One

Song : It does have a quintessential Kylie touch to it like you alluded to in your write-up. A wonderful mix of production, melody, and vocals.

Write-up : A song that showcases everything that we love about an artist is a good reason as to why it may be important to you, but I wish that you could have elaborated a bit more. This approach has been done this round, and yours lack the personal touch that some had in theirs.

@kipperskipper – Lana Del Rey – Video Games

Song : A cinematic and orchestral wonder. One of the most beautiful debuts of all time.

Write-up : The main focus of your write-up is how it changed your life and the memories that you have when you listen to it. It feels like an obvious approach, and would have been more personal if you wrote about how it shaped you or what those distinct memories are exactly.

@CBC – LOONA – Hi High

Song : I totally see how it makes you feel happy, but such jubilant songs are usually a miss for me if not done right, and I am not connecting to this one that much.

Write-up : Short and cute, but it also pulled at my heartstrings because I know exactly what you mean. Having a song that instantly shifts your mood and makes you feel something that you normally don't is a profound reasoning as to why a song might be important to you.

@boys – Miley Cyrus – Adore You

Song : I remember being shook when I heard this after the We Can't Stop and Wrecking Ball smashes because it was so unexpected sonically, but I adored it. Raw, beautiful, and vulnerable, and I have some sweet memories attached to it.

Write-up : Your write-up is short and only half of it is about why the song is important to you. The other half is about Miley, but at least it made me laugh.

@bestfiction – Mylene Farmer – L'Ame-Stram-Glam

Song : Bilinguals won. Glad to have a French artist this round and this song demonstrates Mylene's angelic voice and her knack for experimenting with sounds really well.

Write-up : Your reasoning is beautiful due to the sentimental importance attached to it. It not only introduced you to Mylene, but there is also a connection to your mother whenever you listen to it. The second half of your write-up derails a bit from your strong introduction because it gets a bit too technical.

@mokitsu – Red Velvet – Milky Way

Song : Chill and dreamy, and it has a warm and comforting aspect to it, like having cookies and milk in bed.

Write-up : Your write-up is a great example of how to write about the technical aspects and still make it personal. The parallels that you drew between Red Velvet's journey and yours, and their musical chemistry and what it meant to you were very well thought-out.

@TruGemini – serpenwithfeet – Same Size Shoe

Song : I like how minimal and echo-y it sounds but the vocal effects from the trumpet part onwards get off-putting after a while.

Write-up : The challenge was to write about why the song is important to you, and the only connection that I made to you is that it is an ode to queer love (assuming that you are queer). The rest of your write-up is more technical and about why the song is important for the artist instead.

@Opulent – Shakira – Costume Makes the Clown

Song : Really captures the earlier Shakira essence with the rock influence, and the violin enhances it even more.

Write-up : That is sad and also something that a lot of people can relate to. You explained the struggles of identity and not being able to be our true self perfectly, and it's a consolation to have a song that covers this topic and not make you feel alone.

@Auburn – Shania Twain – I'm Gonna Getcha Good!

Song : A classic and a fun time. She gained a lot of fans during that era, so it's not surprising that you would pick a song from it. The song is a nice blend of country, pop, and rock and is quintessential Shania.

Write-up : This was the most common approach this round but you went into more detail than most who did, so I appreciate that. I just wish it was more personal in nature.

@diogozsz – SHINee – Good Evening

Song : It's pretty harmless and mild compared to some of the songs that I have heard from them, but it is still nice.

Write-up : It's nice that they made a song as a nod to Jonghyun. The situation feels like a group-hug between the group and their fandom and it's understandable why the song would mean that much to you since it serves as a comfort and closure regarding his death.

@Sanguine – St. Vincent – Strange Mercy

Song : There's something nautical about the sound which is alluring, like descending into the depths of the ocean and feeling nervous and being awed by its grandeur.

Write-up : That was an emotional read. You showcased how the song's narrative mirrors your personal life and how it is important to you. I hope that you are all in a better place now.

@Noah – Sufjan Stevens – The Only Thing

Song : Love the contrast between the dark lyrics and the sweet, nonchalant way that he sings them.

Write-up : You explained what you admire about the song and how it makes you feel, but you were not clear about whether you relate to his situation or his feelings. Drawing a parallel between you two would have made the importance of the song stronger and more personal to you.

@DevonRoars – SZA – Normal Girl

Song : The song feels like being in a trance. Pretty chill with a nice beat and the bridge elevates it.

Write-up : Solid reasoning as to why the song is important to you, but unfortunately I will have to cut some points because you exceeded the word limit and that's unfair to those who had to trim theirs.

@Rence – Taylor Swift – State of Grace

Song : Great instrumentation and lyrics, and the way the song switches at 2:20 is a defining moment.

Write-up : I like how you explained the idea of love songs from a young person's perspective – that it could either be a loving feeling or a painful one – and how this song made you discover another facet of it. I've had some moments of realisation from songs, so I understand why this is important to you.

@Tom Vercetti – Tinashe – Aquarius

Song : Her breezy vocals paired with the atmospheric production gives off a chill floating vibe. It also sounds very water-y at times, which I believe was made on purpose considering it's about Aquarius.

Write-up : Connecting with a song because it matches your cool personality is a refreshing take in a round that has made me emotional reading sad personal accounts. I am a calm and collected person in real life as well, so I know exactly what it feels like to find a song that reflects this state of being.

@ughgabriel – Tove Lo – Anywhere U Go

Song : We love an escapism anthem. I like her vocal delivery on this.

Write-up : That was cute. I am glad that you managed to find someone to share your journey with, and I can see how you would relate to this song and why it is important to you.

@luckystrike – Troye Sivan – Heaven

Song : Heartbreaking song that many can resonate with and it actually feels heavenly as seen from a fallen angel's perspective. Betty also adds to the overall experience.

Write-up : That is something a lot of gay youth can relate to, and it's great that you found a song that could comfort and empower you.

@M a n o b a n – TWICE – Fancy

Song : A cute song although it can get overbearing pretty quickly due to the packed production.

Write-up : Valid reasons why this song is important to you. It made you love this group and was a gateway to your K-pop love in general, but this approach has been done the most this round, and yours is too brief and lack a personal touch in comparison to some of them.

@PinkBox – Whitney Houston – Greatest Love of All

Song : Iconic. We stan old music. Amazing message and a song that highlights Whitney's vocals.

Write-up : Screaming. Being bullied is tough and it's powerful that this song motivates you to love yourself despite the disgusting things that they say about you.

@Moonlightbae – Zara Larsson – Love Me Land

Song : Really infectious. I totally get why it would uplift you and make you obsessed for months.

Write-up : It's nice that this song can take you back to a specific moment in time when things were dark and it offered a moment of solace for you.

~

learn-more-about-celtic-wicca-and-witchcraft-from-magic-horoscope-5c5d6c25e6f94.png

thank you judge amy lee @Kavish :heart2: results soon .

Thank you all 5 judges :party:

I'm glad y'all enjoyed the song. :allears:

City Pop it's a great subgenre. :intoit:

I'm going to take the write-up observations  in consideration. (I don't promise nothing because knowing me I could f*ck it again, I still have to work in that aspect of myself of trying but then quitting quickly to improve things:swan:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.