Vanishing Letters 9 | WINNER REVEALED (p.187)| #WinterComing

Overprotected

fantasy witchy mythical era

tumblr_mv060u0UHM1ro1no1o1_400.jpg

Bastille - Icarus: not bad but nothing special either, very meh

Kylie Minogue - Supernova: don't like most of this album but this track is absolutely amazing

Celine Dion - Beauty and The Beast: this is very pretty and nostalgic, always has a special place in my heart <3

Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite: sorry but her voice annoys me so much for some reason  but besides that the song is very fun 

Chairlift - Planet Health: very chill and pretty I enjoy it

Ellie Goulding - Ritual: oh I really like this, good choice

Bridgit Mendler - Atlantis: miss her so much, this whole ep was very cute and nice

Lana Del Rey - Season of the Witch: this song is very boring to me, wasting the last lana song for a bottom tier song is kinda disgusting

Aespa - Next Level: KPOP SOTY it's true this is very excellent

Kesha - Supernatural: the production on this is horrible I could only deal with this if im drunk but at the moment I absolutely hate it

Fleetwood Mac - Seven Wonders: an ahs classic I fear!  I like it

Coldplay - Princess of China: it's pretty good, I never cared too much about it though

Prince - When Doves Cry: it's not for me sorries

Janelle Monae - Wondaland: love this song and the whole album <3

Azealia Banks - Ice Princess: YUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP 

Grimes - Be A Body: I enjoyed it quite a bit

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ughgabriel

• Kavish

• Dessy

• Overprotected

j2oaL4R.png

Bastille - Icarus

Yeah… I don’t like this one bit. It’s very Imagine Dragons meets the most boring song you’ve ever heard. The chorus was such a non event, literally just repeating a line from the story of Icarus like… the bar is on the floor

Kylie Minogue - Supernova

It’s okay, pretty enjoyable, and I do like the explosive chorus, but I’m not really in LOVE with it, compared to other songs i’ve heard from Kylie. I feel like it's a bit loud? Idk if that’s a non-critique but it feels a bit messy because of that.

Celine Dion - Beauty and The Beast

I mean why not! I’m not that much of a Disney fan to get anything out of Disney music outside of watching the movie though…

so it's just boring to me.

Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite

Very pop diva moment. It’s pretty campy, but not THAT enjoyable. 

Chairlift - Planet Health

Skjfsjls not your fault but this is possibly one of my least favourite albums of all time. This is just NOT good, they suck

Ellie Goulding - Ritual

Still haven’t been able to sit through an entire Ellie Goulding album since they tend to be like 20 tracks.

This is kind of cool though. It’s got a bit of slightly corny ~drama, but the production kind of fits the fantastical vibe in a nice way.

Bridgit Mendler - Atlantis

Huge classic. I love the chilled out vibes of this, she pulls it off really well. The rap feature is kind of pointless and not very good which prevents me from loving it, but this is a great song. We need an album

Lana Del Rey - Season of the Witch

Pretty boring cover, she brings nothing interesting to the table.

Aespa - Next Level

KSOTY’21 easily. One of the most interesting songs of the year, I love the I Got A Boy-print where you don’t know what’s going on in the song.

Kesha - Supernatural

Ahhh it's a bit messy and noisy tbh :cannot: I like her grasp on pop choruses and that stands out as a highlight here but yeah it’s a bit intense and i’m not loving it rn

Fleetwood Mac - Seven Wonders

Not bad at all, I liked it enough. I do think Fleetwood Mac was a  great choice for this round theme but I feel like they had better choices.

Coldplay - Princess of China

I think this is their best song! Great duet from them

Prince - When Doves Cry

Massive classic, used to be my favourite Prince song, definitely still up there!!

Janelle Monae - Wondaland

I was thinking of this too!! Very cute song, probably better in the context of the album

(which btw what an incredible album this is) but I still like it.

Azealia Banks - Ice Princess

Yeah I love how the production feels like an ice level in a video game. THis is great

Grimes - Be A Body

Her best album by far, this BOP!

Bastille - Icarus - this is actually cute, it's not as bad some people make it out to be. 

Kylie Minogue - Supernova - I am not a fan. The production is nice but her voice sounds beyond annoying on this. Sorry. 

Celine Dion - Beauty and The Beast - A great classic, nostalgic effect is strong on this one chile. Nasaline and the guy sang their faces off, we appreciate vocals in this haus. 

Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite - This was cute, nothing remarkable, but nothing bad, like if it comes on I'll bop to it but it's not something I would listen to often. 

Chairlift - Planet Health - It's cute. Gets boring as hell but it's not bad at all, it has that 80s vibe which is cute. 

Ellie Goulding - Ritual - the production is everything on this song. Great choice, love this entire album. Brightest Blue (side a) and Halycon are her best albums. 

Bridgit Mendler - Atlantis - she really did that huh, such an amazing song 

Lana Del Rey - Season of the Witch - I love Lana's music but this song is weak, she has much much better songs but I guess this is the only one that fits the category hmm but idk it's alright. 

Aespa - Next Level - The production is excellent but the actual song is very busy, it seems to me like they just threw random bits of songs together, idk it's kinda weird but the production is stellar. It's nice. 

Kesha - Supernatural - One of her best songs. Love it. 

Fleetwood Mac - Seven Wonders - This is okay, I like the vibe but it's just okay. 

Coldplay - Princess of China - The way I was pressed the vanishing letters for the brit round banned this and Hymn. Excellent song, talented, amazing, brilliant, TABS etc. One of my favourite songs ever.  

Prince - When Doves Cry - Excellent excellent classic. Prince of Pop did that! 

Janelle Monae - Wondaland - Great song from a great album. Not the strongest but it's nice. 

Azealia Banks - Ice Princess - IM SO COLD IM DRIPPING ICICLES! If only Azealia was a privileged man and wasn't problematic she would be so much bigger because her talent>>>>>> 

Grimes - Be A Body - Another Grimes song I just don't get. I mean yeah it's 'cool 'I guess but I am not a fan at all, so sorry. 

4JMu7ma.jpg

Kavish ⛧ Kritiques 

~

Bastille – Icarus

Too close to "Pompeii" and unnecessarily explosive. If the song remained on the same tone as the ritualistic humming and subtle drums in the beginning, it would have been more effective to its subject matter.

Kylie Minogue – Supernova

Feels like Kylie is trying to keep up against the clash of instrumentation instead of them co-operating and the result is a loud and noisy production. She has done dignified disco on the same album, so this one is a miss.

Charming duet, but it doesn't pack enough punch for me emotionally, which is the only reason why I look forward to songs like this.

Kylie Minogue – Aphrodite

@ "Supernova", this is a good example of how Kylie can blend a neat production and her voice to create something that is not disrespectful to the golden girls.

The instrumentals are captivating, especially the East-Asian elements that add some oomph. The weary tone of Caroline's voice is also a relatable contrast to the "I'm feeling great" lines, and the bridge enhances the song even more.

Ellie Goulding – Ritual

Miss. Goulding should re-evaluate her xenophobia and make this song available in my country. Let me head to YouTube.

"We move into the devil's shoes"

I suddenly forgive her and welcome her to the coven. קום דאַרק האר צו דעם וויטשינג שעה. מיט דעם ריטואַל בינדן אונדז אין מאַכט.

Bridgit Mendler – Atlantis

The production is excellent, and the vocal effect is understandable considering that she is referencing an underwater island, but it takes some fine-tuning for me to get used to it. Kaiydo takes me out of that trance though, so his presence is unwelcome.

Love the somber and sinister vibe, and the chorus picks it up wonderfully in an ominously catchy daze. #dontburnthewitch

Aespa - Next Level

Sounds like a mash-up of songs in one song, but it's interesting enough to keep me engaged.

Kesha – Supernatural

My relationship with Kesha is so strange because I used to love her songs back then, but her earlier production comes off as abrasive to me now. I would have preferred this one without the instrumental drops and breakdowns.

A pleasant classic but the lyrics do not explicitly refer to the theme of this round, and only works if I tweak it to fit in a fantastical way.

I was addicted to this song when 'Mylo Xyloto' was released and even made an elaborate music video in my head. The synth is outstanding and their voices complement each other perfectly.  This song is a duet though, and Rihanna is banned.

Prince - When Doves Cry

Immaculate production and a wonderful classic. This song is almost 40 years and still sounds so fresh, so clean.

Janelle Monae – Wondaland

Whimsical and playful, and the song definitely takes me to a fantasy-themed place, but the vocal delivery is questionable here. Her main vocals are suffocated, while the background vocals are at the forefront.

The blend of genres and transition of style from verse to chorus is very well done and gripping.

Grimes - Be A Body

I love Grimes and this song, but I fail to see how it fits this round lyrically. Grimes said that this song is about being alive in the real world, but she is not talking from an illusory place. It's a commentary about being present.  Like with "Seven Wonders", I can tweak it to fit in a fantastical context.  Sonically, it's eerie enough to be ethereal though.

~

original.gif

Edited by Kavish

• ATRL Moderator

Bastille - Icarus

I really loved Bastille back in the mid-2010s!! Bad Blood is a very good album. I wouldn't say this was my favorite from them, but it's solid.

Love this! It's so anthemic, fun, and dreamy.

Ugh... an amazing soundtrack song. A little bit reductive I suppose within the context of this round. Whereas most of the other songs embrace the theme within their own created world, this came directly from a movie.... Ultimately though, her voice is excellent and the nostalgia is high.

I liked this. I don't think I'd come back to it often, but I enjoyed it.

Ummm... I found this to be a bit monotone. The instruments were cute at times but eh.

Ellie Goulding - Ritual

Bop. The haunting echoes and production throughout this really tie everything together perfectly for this witchy theme!

ABSOLUTELY. What a gem this is. Can't believe it's 5 years old like how??

Found this to be boring. Was hoping for a bit more of a spooky vibe when I saw the title.

Aespa - Next Level

This was fun. Loved the energy and key change.

Kesha - Supernatural

One of my fave Kesha songs from this album tbh

Nice track. A bit dull at times compared to their classics.

Wow. How is this song 10 years old??? Beautiful track and really feels like we're going on a quest. Sorry about the banned artist :(

Prince - When Doves Cry

A classic for sure. I don't feel terribly invested in it, but it's a solid song.

Hmmmmmm..... the vocal effects are kind of annoying NGL.

Really a very strong song by Miss Banks.

Grimes - Be A Body

Cool production! Very otherworldly.

rVjL8Fr_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

bastille - icarus

why does this sounds tribalistic, i’m screaming. i do like his voice but there’s some choices that i do not enjoy. the bright strings during the prechorus take away from the eerie vibe the song sets with its intro and first verse. the chorus is also very, uhm, campy? i don’t know how to explain it but it just reminds me of the jungle book but not in an intentional way. it’s kinda sad cause i love bad blood and flaws from this album

kylie minogue - supernova

oh wow! i don’t know why but i’ve never been too attracted to listen to her projects even though i’ve heard great things about them and this is actually really nice. i wish the verses had something more though, i need some twitches on the production or some ad libs but i’m just being nitpicky, this is very solid and i liked it!

celine dion - beauty and the beast

i can’t lie, i think if i was at disneyland during the castle lights show at night while this was playing i’d probably tear up a bit. it does have that -disney magical quality- but i think that’s… basically the only context where i’d feel connected to this song. uhm, it’s cute, but a little cheesy 

kylie minogue - aphrodite

this has less substance than her other entry here, yeah. i really like the instrumental on this one but there’s something very juvenile that i don’t really appreciate. it does get a bit annoying at parts since it’s too repetitive and i don’t consider the melodies to be that strong

chairlift - planet health

i like the texture of the production on this one!! honestly i don’t care too much about the vocals in this song, i kinda of wish they were lower, more distorted or even absent because the instrumental is very pretty. i do have to say that i think it’s longer than it should be, considering what it has to offer. i wouldn’t mind the length if it was more dynamic

ellie goulding - ritual

HELLOOOOOOOO??? this encapsulates the essence of this round perfectly and it’s already an amazing song. i think you totally knocked it out of the park!! the instrumental in this song, the vocals, the dynamism, the LAYERS. to think that this is only a deluxe track yet it’s better than some girls careers, halcyon really is a masterpiece AHHHH

bridgit mendler - atlantis

i’m screaming at how this took me out of the trance ritual put me in. i really like this song, it took me a bit to get into it but i can’t deny its chorus is really hypnotizing. the outro is also very dreamy. i think this song is great because it’s very congruent conceptually and sonically!!

lana del rey - season of the witch

this has a little western-ish vibe that i dig. it almost feels as if she was parodying a father john misty song in a way. that is not a drag, i looooove fjm!! this is cute but it almost falls in the forgettable category because it mosly feels like an interlude for the playlist

aespa - next level

this is honestly such a bop!! i love how all the sections in this song are very strong melody wise, it’s like you don’t really know what’s coming next and it doesn’t always make sense but it works? i honestly loved this!

kesha - supernatural

i really looove the chorus from this song. i don’t know if i care too much about the rest of it rbh. from the second chorus onwards it’s a great pop moment. it doesn’t hit as hard as it used to but the melodies are very strong

fleetwood mac - seven wonders

i feel like this is having the same issue as the chairlift song where the instrumental is more pleasant than the vocals. but at least on this one, stevie’s voice is strong and engaginx. very pretty!

coldplay - princess of china

this is very cute

prince - when doves cry

i’m not particularly a fan of his music. this is cool but it’s one of those songs where i’d leave the dancefloor to go grab another drink at the bar. i think my favorite thing about 80s music were the prominent synths and this is lacking that :( but i appreciate it

janelle monae - wondaland

this is very infomercial music. it’s pleasant! i think this falls into the same category as the lana song where it feels more like a transitional track for the playlist. i do like this one more. it has a lot of personality and feels very unique

azealia banks - ice princess

i love the icy production this song has, this was one of my instant favorites when the album was released. i feel like it hasn’t aged amazingly but it’s been a while since i last heard it so it’s hitting right now! i remember i used to hope this could get a radio deal :c

grimes - be a body 

one of my favorite productions of hers! it kind of reminds me of the music in crash bandicoot 3. it has a very ethereal and mythic garden essence. love this

lh6WQVX.png

Spoiler

Bastille - Icarus

yea its always a risk sending in male in this kinda game with these people but tbh, its actually cute!

like i didn't expect anything but i enjoyed it a bit, yea a bit.. not much, just a little bit :jamming:

OH PERIOD. the way this is so explosive like when it begins, you just know that ur gonna have a time of ur life

this is literally everything and such a great disco song :heart2: this album's power wowoo! what a big vibe x

i just don't know why you thought sending this would be a good idea ngl but i guess at least it's cuter than icarus

would i want to listen to it again? probably no. good luck tho :hug:

please the way i thought this was gonna be bad before the song started!! anyways, this is not bad at all.

its not the better kylie entry here but i enjoyed it a lot and it could potentially do well with me!

oof yea this started off very well for me but then i feel like its a bit dragged on hmmm

the production is kinda dreamy tho which i like. the stop drop and roll part is cute tho but overall, i don't really like this :smiley:

Ellie Goulding - Ritual

tanking because it doesn't show up on spotify for me :gaycat4: just kidding! this is so good wow, i'm a bit shook right now

everything about it screams mysterious and its such a mood and a vibe, nice!

urgh LEGEND :alexz: this song is so real like the whole ep is amazing and i love everything about this tbh

the production is dreamy in a good way yes and her voice is just so cute in this one :heart2: amazing pick.

oh period. this is so interesting and she's a witch yes miss lana del rey is a witch.

anyways, i love this song. its not messy or anything its just simple and lana which i love and enjoy :heart2:

Aespa - Next Level

the way that this is my first listen to this song but people here just love to sing IM ON THE NEXT!!! LEVEL!!!!

so it kinda stuck in my head now.. i think this is very cute. i don't have a strong opinion about it :)

it does sound like many songs mixed together and they turned out to be this song hmm, v messy

Kesha - Supernatural

hmm its interesting... and not in a good way lbr. i wanted to enjoy this song but its such a mess

and that dated drops whew... sometimes, dated is good but in this case, idt its good, sorry :emofish:

very vibey, serving detox holding a lighter gif or something in rpdr season 5 or all stars yea

it actually clicked with me like half the song in and i can say it loud and proud that i like this submission, yup!

the original witch, stevie nicks.

welp idk i'm not feeling this song and i think it's not really a great pick for this round :emofish:

Prince - When Doves Cry

yea this is not bad at all and prince is a legend yes but i'm feeling very eh towards this one

it's not bad tho!! i'm just not really feeling it as much :katie:

yup! this album always has a lil something that is very vibey and very interesting!!

this song is a cute lil bop that is very harmless and the production creates like a picture in ur head.. so fantasy x

sometimes i do wish she's not a bad person because her music is great :heart2: but oh welp.. anyways

apart from that, i think this song is very great yea and the mood and tone and everything in this is just.. WIG!

Grimes - Be A Body

well its cool i guess? it's not bad but i'm just very :doc:... that yea but i swear its not bad at all <3

bimlegend.thumb.gif.a2fb5af2334c464104bc

c8IgTRv.png

Spoiler

Bastille - Icarus: I think I like this more than Pompeii. I loved them so much in middle school it's kinda cringey to hear them now. There's a sense of urgency and epic-ness in their music that really appeals to 13 year olds who spend their day reading Percy Jackson and the likes but now... I'm not too sure about it.

Kylie Minogue - Supernova: EXACTLYYYYYYYYYY MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!! Kylie is at her best when she's doing anthemic explosive pop numbers. Very fun.

Celine Dion - Beauty and The Beast: This after Supernova is just... ZZZZZZZZZZZ! Very boring.

Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite: Amazing epic moment, she came back in style. Love the guitar in this as well.

Chairlift - Planet Health: Expected worse from this. Kinda love the 80s production and those plucked strings that remind me of Asia. Caroline is SINGING and doesn't sound weird so that's a win as well. Kind of one note, but still really nice.

Ellie Goulding - Ritual: Never had heard this and it's actually a really nice suprise? I love this post-Ceremonials epic ritualistic (!) drums-heavy sound. Ellie definitely pulls it off, so it's a good entry for me.

Bridgit Mendler - Atlantis: Absolutely love this song. The minimal production is so cool, I love the lyrics and how they all connect to the Atlantis theme while circling back to heartbreak and the rupture of a relationship. The vocal processing and sampling throughout the song are really cool as well.

Lana Del Rey - Season of the Witch: This song is a drag. Really anticipated it but it just falls flat.

Aespa - Next Level: My favorite thing about K-Pop is how inventive and forward-thinking it can be. It's exactly what made me love this song since the first time I played it - the absolute nerve to drop this senseless genre hopping mashup as the group's second single! It actually gives me shivers. But besides the random beat switches and structural nonsense, it's simply riddled with memorable and catchy lines, overflowing with charisma and with impeccable vocal performances that make this a truly unforgettable song.

Kesha - Supernatural: Extremely dated in a bad way.

Fleetwood Mac - Seven Wonders: I mean can it get more witchy than Stevie Nicks singing this in AHS Coven??? Amazing song, full of mystique and the incomparable aura that we forever associate with Fleetwood Mac. Stunning vocal performance from Stevie as well.

Coldplay - Princess of China: Shame about the banned artist. Really epic song, I love the Asia inspired synths and Rihanna is a great addition to the track.

Prince - When Doves Cry: It's okay, but not one of my favorites by any means.

Janelle Monae - Wondaland: Very hard to finish this song. I'm just not a fan of her maximalist campy sound at all.

Azealia Banks - Ice Princess: Honestly one of my fav Azealia songs. The verses go hard and the production is immaculate. The only letdown is the chorus, which is a bit dated and grating.

Grimes - Be A Body: I want to know your thought process behind this song choice. Like yeah it sounds mystical I guess but it's hard to understand what she says and she's not really singing about anything. Anyway it's a cute bop, middle of the road.

zoFgnCt.gif

Edited by mokitsu

Bastille - Icarus - not bad but not really a standout in any way

Kylie Minogue - Supernova - it’s ok

Celine Dion - Beauty and The Beast - cute for what it is

Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite - the better kylie song here I think

Chairlift - Planet Health - a bit of a snooze

Ellie Goulding - Ritual - a bit basique but it’s not bad

Bridgit Mendler - Atlantis - a classic :jonny2:

Lana Del Rey - Season of the Witch - I’ve always loved this cover :smitten:

Aespa - Next Level - this kinda slaps:WAP:

Kesha - Supernatural - one of her best :jonny5:

Fleetwood Mac - Seven Wonders - ahs classic :katie2:

Coldplay - Princess of China - :cries:

Prince - When Doves Cry - not hitting as hard as I want rn but it is a classic

Janelle Monae - Wondaland - not living for her voice on this

Azealia Banks - Ice Princess - rap classic :katie2:

Grimes - Be A Body - good song from a great album :loud:

Bastille - Icarus

I was expecting this to be horrible but honestly it wasn’t THAT bad

I still find this incredibly overrated by the gays, but it is a fun bop nonetheless

it’s a classic idk why everyone is so mad about it…

this is very very nice

it’s nice, don’t get the intense hate

Ellie Goulding - Ritual

mhm she kinda ate here, I’ve never heard many songs that sound quite like this

it’s a nice middle song for me

it’s good but not up to her usual level for me

Aespa - Next Level

was expecting this to be much better due all the praise it’s received, the switch up is cool but it doesn’t even feel like the same song

Kesha - Supernatural

like most Warrior songs, it’s so overproduced and unnecessarily noisy, but it’s cute

one of my personal favorites from them

one of my favorite songs of all time :weeps: 

Prince - When Doves Cry

it’s a classic, I don’t have too much more to say than that

this is a cute mid-high I think

hmm it’s just kinda there for me

Grimes - Be A Body

well, yet another Grimes song

z7HAduG.gif

Bastille - Icarus
I just can’t stand this guy's voice. Their music is just not for me.

I love a good Kylie bop. This song really captures the 70’s disco sound without sounding dated.

Snoozeline strikes again. Maybe a little too literal for this theme? Idk!

I really like Kylie but I’m not really feeling this. It’s okay. No idea how this sounds more dated than her 70’s song from this round. 

This started off so good but it really went nowhere. I’m also surprised to know this was released in 2008 and not 1984.

Ellie Goulding - Ritual
I like the buildup the song has and also the bridge of the song. This was good.

Why did I remember her voice was much higher? This was kind of a smooth bop. 

Y’all know how I feel about this girl. But at least I enjoyed the beat more on this than most things I’ve heard from her, so I didn’t completely fall asleep this time.

Aespa - Next Level
Listen… whoever put this together deserves their ass ate every day. One of the greatest songs released this year.

Kesha - Supernatural
That girl is singing off key on the record. And that’s not the worst part of the song…

A little corny, but not bad. Pretty harmless overall.

Coldplay - Princess of China (feat. Rihanna)
Generally not a fan of Coldplay’s music but this was actually cute. Rihanna on the song adds a nice touch. 

Prince - When Doves Cry
Hmm… okay. Not too much to say on this one.

Her music is hard for me to get into. Not that it’s bad but it’s just “there” for me.

Terrible person but I can’t make the music not bop I’m sorry.

Grimes - Be a Body
I like the instrumental but was she saying anything at all? Soft cooing and then wailing. It’s like when a parent goes through their phone after letting their child borrow it and finds videos they accidentally took while smashing it on the carpet.
Edited by Guero

2AopB7c.png

Bastille - Icarus - hmmm really not that bad! They're not a group I like but I don't think this is the worst song here. 

Kylie Minogue - Supernova - I haven't listened to any of her latest albums so my first time hearing this: It's groovy enough. 

Celine Dion - Beauty and The Beast: lmao, I think Peabo kinda saves this a bit. 

Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite: This doesn't do much for me. 

Chairlift - Planet Health: I know chairlift but haven't heard this one before now.  The production is fine but the vocals leave much to be desired. 

Ellie Goulding - Ritual: Noticed a concept that her album tracks tend to be pretty good. 

Bridgit Mendler - Atlantis: Not bad. 

Lana Del Rey - Season of the Witch: As a Gods & Monsters sender, I lowkey approve of this. 

Aespa - Next Level: My favorite k-pop song of the year so far. This decade's I got a boy (structurally). 

Kesha - Supernatural: I don't mind the verses but the breakdown hasn't aged well. 

Fleetwood Mac - Seven Wonders: Very mid this round. 

Coldplay - Princess of China: Rih's parts >

Prince - When Doves Cry: 80s classic yep. 

Janelle Monae - Wondaland: Um, one of my least favorites from the ArchAndroid i'm afraid since the style isn't my cup of tea. 

Azealia Banks - Ice Princess: I find this to be one of her more overrated songs. Verses are cool but similarly to supernatural, the chorus doesn't hold up well.

Grimes - Be A Body: Love the production here. 

UirdsX3.png

Spoiler

Bastille - Icarus - Sweetie what were you thinking sending the Pompeii chanteuses for this game. But anyways, although generic, this is not the worst entry this round, I like some elements here and there from the instrumental.

Kylie Minogue - Supernova - The voice at the beginning is beyond annoying, if it was only used at the beginning of the song it would’ve been cute because I really like the chorus.  

Celine Dion - Beauty and The Beast - This would’ve been so much better if it was only sung by Godline… other than that this is a very lovely classic. 

Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite - It was alright, better than supernova at least!

Chairlift - Planet Health - I feel like this is something I would like but it’s not doing anything for me right now, Caroline’s vocals are also very monotonous here.

Ellie Goulding - Ritual - Her voice is a taste I have not acquired yet. It’s a cute song here. It has some interesting things going on, though it didn’t leave much of an impression on me.

Bridgit Mendler - Atlantis - Idk it was kinda basic, I didn’t enjoy the vocal effects on the chorus and the feature was unnecessary. 

Lana Del Rey - Season of the Witch - This cover had potential to be decent if she had tried to belt the chorus instead of whisper through it, which sounds kinda ridiculous. 

Aespa - Next Level - I’m conflicted about this, it’s a mess structure wise but maybe it’s an experimental bop serve. Kinda wish it didn’t return to the first beat. 

Kesha - Supernatural - I can’t stand old Kesha, so annoying and dated :plug: 

Fleetwood Mac - Seven Wonders - Finally some good ****ing music and I’m not ashamed to admit I discovered this thanks to AHS #ThankYouRyanMurphy

Coldplay - Princess of China - Never heard this before, it was very nice, very 2013 but cute. Shame about the main artist thing.

Prince - When Doves Cry - A cute 80s bop, it needs to grow on me though.

Janelle Monae - Wondaland -  yass such a fun little bop, not one of my favs from this album but then again this is one of the best albums ever!!

Azealia Banks - Ice Princess - I enjoyed the little music box thing from the instrumental and the sample. 

Grimes - Be A Body - I don’t like her. This just serves background instrumental. 

Icarus - I mean I guess it’s not dreadful but just why

Supernova - she has the voice of a teen Nickelodeon star, can’t stand it, the song is nice otherwise though

Beauty and the Best - I actually think Disney was a cute choice for the round but I don’t really like this song anyways

Aphrodite - I liked the other one more

Planet Health - kljhgjvhhjygthkg. just why would you submit this. really did not enjoy it sorry

Ritual - this kind of snapped more than I thought it would

Atlantis - I just can’t with how she secretly has one the best pop discographies out there asfjklsa this song is really good

Seasons of the Witch - so I guess this is the Hot Pink of the round. I do really enjoy this song itself but Lana kind of ruins it, her inflection is not very convincing or fitting

Next Level - yeah this is a lot. It’s kinda cute but don’t think I’ll listen again on my own, I wish the sections were at least more related instead of being so separate

Supernatural - sweetie I am SO sorry you are being dragged like this, Kesha is great and these gheys need to stop being mean to her in this game! BOIL THIS LETTUCE!

Seven Wonders - this is really nice, a great choice to me!

Princess of China - cute but I remember it being better :(

When Doves Cry - I love love love Prince. This is one of my least faves from his hits, but I still like it!!

Wondaland - obviously cuz I love Prince I also love Janelle! This whole album is one of my all time faves, this isn’t my favorite song from it but still like a 9/10

Ice Princess - this is not one of my faves from her, it’s missing the house flair I normally look for from her, but I like how epic it feels and the verses are really nice!

Be a Body - I can’t with this one asdfkjlak the way it’s barely on theme too and the horrible squealing…. why this

YozGi2j.png

Spoiler

Bastille - Icarus: pretty run of the mill for them, small amount of nostalgia working in your favour

Kylie Minogue - Supernova: fiery and gorgeous and explosive

Celine Dion - Beauty and The Beast: it's a song featured in a movie

Kylie Minogue - Aphrodite: not as fun as I remember, she sounds pretty terrible at times I have to say, its fun but doesn't make up for its shortcomings

Chairlift - Planet Health: by the end I was definitely yawning

Ellie Goulding - Ritual: solid pick

Bridgit Mendler - Atlantis: don't love this as much as everyone else it seems

Lana Del Rey - Season of the Witch: ehhhh

Aespa - Next Level: experimental classic

Kesha - Supernatural: in my head this was one of the best of the best songs of the round, then i actually heard it and it was abrasive basically

Fleetwood Mac - Seven Wonders: pretty safe choice, never personally cared for it

Coldplay - Princess of China: classic omg..

Prince - When Doves Cry: totally my winner

Janelle Monae - Wondaland: some lovely touches, whew this album doesnt MISS

Azealia Banks - Ice Princess: quite impressive and legendary

Grimes - Be A Body: intricate & ethereal

Bastille - Icarus

I'm.... shocked that you approved this and thought it was a good idea to send it [2]

Pressed that NOW people are stanning a disco song from an old hag, Bad Love deserved better, but I'm bopping

Wow, don't think I've ever heard this before but it's really beautiful and very fantasy

yass golden girls, another bop from Kylie

This didn't really go anywhere and wasn't excited, wasn't beautiful, was SO one note and repetitive, no thank you

Ellie Goulding - Ritual

Wait, not this bop... you did that Element!!!

Idk what this was, wasn't a huge fan of the vocal effect, didn't like it very much but wasn't bad

Damn ma, WHY do y'all keep sending this bitch, ENOUGH

But it actually wasn't as bad or boring as I expected

Aespa - Next Level

Wait... this was actually pretty cool, loved the vibe even though I couldn't tell if it fit the theme or not!!

Kesha - Supernatural

You owe an apology to my ears for making them listen to this

This was okay, not bad at all but not really my thing, but I can still appreciate it, especially after the song before this!!

This felt like there were no lyrics and it was 80% instrumental, it was cute for what it was, but I wanted more

Prince - When Doves Cry

Wait this was kind of a bop, I dig it, groovy!

EDIT : oh it's an old 80s song... no wonder I liked it!!!

Hm... the vocal effect would've worked for a few seconds, but for the entire song? It wasn't really it for me, but it actually was kind of cute in a way towards the end, maybe it just needs to grow on me

Yeah this was pretty cool, the icy feel in the production... that literally sounded COOL

Grimes - Be A Body

Now this song ACTUALLY barely has lyrics, how is this related to the theme? Should be PENALIZED me thinks... and the song itself isn't good either

Ritual or next level ftw! Azealia and bridgit cute winners too

Just now, ughgabriel said:

Be a body mythical bop

Inspired all fairy tales

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.