Vanishing Letters 9 | WINNER REVEALED (p.187)| #WinterComing

Overprotected

happier - enjoyed this mostly, kind of bored by the end

better off - this round of ballads we- I actually really like this though, very nice

Angel in Disguise - unique choice, I love this era of R&B so a pretty good pick for me

Monster - personally never saw this as a standout of her discog but I adore TFM Gaga and this song is still great

24 Hours - liked this more than I thought I would ! Very 80s

Bad Love - why this song sksnfkdns. Luckily although I’m not a big Cher fan I love disco and so I enjoyed this a lot

R.E.M - idk I never really liked this song much? Love Ari but this song is kind of a bridge to nowhere

Breathe on Me - actually never heard this before, it’s cute enough

Death Row - fair warning I’m a OBRH. However this is the best I’ve heard from her, it’s very cute! Maybe I’m too hard on her :/

Love Me 4 Me - very cute and danceable! There’s a reason Rina is always sent in these games methinks

I Can See the Future - not really into this, it’s pretty sleepy to me

Dance for You - never got the hype around this song, it’s cute but pretty average among Beyoncé’s discog if not worse

bad idea - pretty average Ariana song to me, it’s ok

Wallflower - well props for the risk! I find her stuff so intense and macabre, often to a fault though, but this is pretty middle of the pack for her

The Chase - all this Tinashe music is putting me to sleep I’m sorry, it sounds like the feeling after you wake up from a nap, at least it has some drums

Dance in the Dark - Monster > this I fear but again still really like

Let Me Down Slowly - ok I definitely will never be listening to this full album, I’d say this is the best one from her though, she still sounds half asleep but there’s a bit more energy in the beat

Akasaka Sad - kind of weird in a way I don’t like that much, but the Clarence Clarity production is still really cool

Vulnerable - nekfdndk now if I thought Tinashe sounded half asleep, then Selena sounds fully asleep ? not a fan of her (music) including this

Gimmie Love - sounds like her other stuff ? but I guess if this came in the Forever 21 I’d get some pep in my step

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ughgabriel

• Kavish

• Dessy

• Overprotected

Olivia Rodrigo - happier: so lovely, one of my faves from SOUR since I heard it, wishing you luck cause this panel/cast is full of pretentious faqz

Ariana Grande - better off: one of the best tracks on this terrible album, quite enjoyable and cute, although it doesn't hit like it used to

Brandy - Angel In Disguise: it's cute, middling for me I guess since this round is too stacked, but it's fine

Lady Gaga - Monster: arguably her best song perhaps??? or at least it is up there in the top 5, such a perfect pop song 

Sky Ferreira - 24 Hours: never got into her cause I always thought her music was boring, with that said, this isn't as boring as I remember but I still don't wanna listen to it on my own

Cher - Bad Love: it's giving bad Donna Summer rip off..... I don't like it. 

Ariana Grande - R.E.M.: one of the best tracks on this terrible album [2], I probably enjoy this a bit more than better off so werk!

Britney Spears - Breathe on Me: nahhhhhh this is a tremendous CLASSIC!!!!!!!! one of her best songs for sure, so sexy and dark and timeless

Bebe Rexha - Death Row: sweetie I admire your bravery so much aljdkfhdsñlgkhjfsa I actually love this song so much, it's actually one of my favorite songs of the year so far probably, so I'll be giving you my #1 cause these others faqz are probably tanking you 

Rina Sawayama - Love Me 4 Me: doubt this was the best choice available for SAWAYAMA, it's a cute track but there were definitely better

Tinashe : I Can See the Future: yupppppppppp she ate this up so good, a 333 highlight, and a round highlight for me too 

Beyoncé - Dance For You: oh bitch. this is for sure a career highlight, it's so sexy and it makes me want to be a *****, doesn't even feel 6 minutes long

Ariana Grande - bad idea: hm. my favorite of the 3 Arianka songs sent this round, quite the serve I fear

Sevdaliza - Wallflower: erm... it's like... okay? a very odd choice though, good luck 

Tinashe - The Chase: something about the mixing/mastering on this song has always bothered me, with that said, I love this freaking song omggggg POPnashe never misses, it bops so good and she did what had to be done I just wish I enjoyed the mixing, will still rank high for me though

Lady Gaga - Dance In the Dark: this is an excellent song.... but it was a single and the rules said album tracks so I will be tanking accordingly love. 

Tinashe - Let Me Down Slowly: probably the Tinashe song I like the least on this round BUT it's still a great song nonetheless, the vibes are immaculate and I love the production

Rina Sawayama - Akasaka Sad: oh BITCHHHHH now that's more like it, poor Love Me 4 Me sender, this is such a delicious song mmmmm the production is so juicy and good, a SAWAYAMA/career/round highlight 

Selena Gomez - Vulnerable: mmmmmmmhmmmmmm this song is god tier, when she serves she serves HARD and that is what she did here

Carly Rae Jepsen - Gimme Love: I've never been like a huge fan of this song, it's very cute but it's like towards the middle-lower side on EMOTION for Moi, definitely not a bad choice though cause I enjoy it

UirdsX3.png

Spoiler

Olivia Rodrigo - Happier - I feel like this song has been done a thousand times before, she really has nothing fresh or interesting to offer musically huh. Her lyrics are also incredibly basic.

Ariana Grande - Better Off - Easily my least fave from the album, it just doesn’t go anywhere and the chorus puts me in a trance. 

Brandy - Angel In Disguise - Oh this is a classic wait a min. It sounds so pretty and hypnotizing, I love the details in the production and the textures she creates with her voice :lemmelistening:  

Lady Gaga - Monster - Yeah her discography aged terribly and I never cared for her album tracks to begin with. This isn’t completely awful but I’m just not in the mood for it.

Sky Ferreira - 24 Hours - A very lovely song from a classic album, I love the heavy pop rock/synth production.

Cher - Bad Love - what is DIS hunny. I guess it’s not the worst thing here since I see a bebe rexha song coming up next but still, bad love? More like bad song am I right :zany:

Ariana Grande - R.E.M. - I wanna fall asleep to this song but in a good way you know, like it’s so soothing and the melodies are so pretty. 

Britney Spears - Breathe On Me - So sensual, so sexy and one of her best songs. I think what she does has class to it.

Bebe Rexha - Death Row - The lyrics are turrible and while the verses were tolerable, the chorus was very annoying, maybe if it was sung by someone else...

Rina Sawayama - Love Me 4 Me - One of the better songs from the second half of this massively overrated album. It’s cute but I do remember it snapping harder.

Tinashe - I Can See The Future - Not one of my faves from the album, it just doesn’t hit hard for me. But it’s still tabsnashe so I might rank high.

Beyoncé - Dance For You - I personally don’t get the hype for this song, it’s nice but that’s it. I didn’t notice it was 6 minutes long though so that’s a good thing.

Ariana Grande - Bad Idea - One of the few songs I still revisit from this album, I particularly like the strings and the outro.

Sevdaliza - Wallflower - This was actually a nice little bop, I was expecting worse given the panning. It kinda goes nowhere though, it feels more like an intro or long interlude.

Tinashe - The Chase - Cute, definitely the superior Tinashe entry.

Lady Gaga - Dance in the Dark - This sounds even more dated and ugly than her other song here, I’m gonna pass.

Tinashe - Let Me Down Slowly - The inferior Tinashe entry, it just feels incomplete, the instrumental parts aren’t even interesting.

Rina Sawayama - Akasaka Sad - This song is so overrated, the chorus feels so uninspired to me and I wish the song would build bigger you know? 

Selena Gomez - Vulnerable - A bit on the generic side but very cute still :lemmelistening:

Carly Rae Jepsen - Gimmie Love - It was alright for a CRJ song, the last chorus got a bit corny with the voices in the background.

1 minute ago, Not Like The Movies said:

not you coming for a woc, YIKES 

KbnEIgh.thumb.gif.c586d1ce1f54d68c4d23b7

I’m promoting her? ?

2 minutes ago, Alena said:

Wbk he’s a republican…

exactly... 

2 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

I’m promoting her? ?

ok bestie :eli:

3 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

exactly... 

ok bestie :eli:

?

Spoiler

Happier: it’s decent but also cringy, there were better choices off the album and she’s such a copout choice x

Better Off: so pretty :weeps: one of her best ballads

Angel In Disguise: yeah this went on for about a minute too long but it’s good

Monster: it’s listenable but doesn’t do much for me

24 Hours: fun bop but not one of the standouts on the album, good choice tho!

Bad Love: too gay for me bro x

R.E.M.: a nice little song but fairly unremarkable, middle of the road

Breathe On Me: one of her best album tracks :smitten:

Death Row: the one song on her album that i kinda used x

Love Me 4 Me: massive bop :heart:

I Can See The Future: nice song, although not one of my faves on the album

Dance For You: good song but I already know it’s gonna be massively overrated like the rest of 4 x

Bad Idea: always loved this :katie2:

Wallflower: interesting choice x

The Chase: good song but again, there were better choices :fan:

Dance in the Dark: good song but the bridge drags it down quite a bit tbh, also way better than Monster x

Let Me Down Slowly: the best of the Tinashe songs, very pretty :heart:

Akasaka Sad: this hyperpop banger :katie2:

Vulnerable: this is such a bland album that even the good songs (like this) sound fairly basic

Gimmie Love: always liked this a lot!

oFPGZ2i.jpg

2AopB7c.png

Olivia Rodrigo - Happier - Not something i'd come back to. 

Ariana Grande - Better Off - It's chill. 

Brandy - Angel In Disguise - Yep. Very smooth. 

Lady Gaga - Monster - I don't use her album tracks often but this one is decent. 

Sky Ferreira - 24 Hours - She was great when she was a musician. 

Cher - Bad Love - This is a very random choice. Not my thing. 

Ariana Grande - R.E.M. - One of my faves from sweetener. 

Britney Spears - Breathe On Me - Very sensual and love the instrumental too. 

Bebe Rexha - Death Row: I never liked her vocals so I can't really get into this one. 

Rina Sawayama - Love Me 4 Me - Wish she explored the new jack swing influence more. One of my personal faves from her album. 

Tinashe - I Can See The Future - My 2nd favorite pre-released 333 song. Has some nightride touches. 

Beyoncé - Dance For You - It's good yeah. It gets acclaimed everywhere for a reason. 

Ariana Grande - Bad Idea - Meh. The chorus doesn't grip me. 

Sevdaliza - Wallflower - It's not horrible but the spoken word parts aren't appealing to me. 

Tinashe - The Chase - A good pop song.  

Lady Gaga - Dance in the Dark: Doesn't resonate with me. 

Tinashe - Let Me Down Slowly - This is great :jamming: 

Rina Sawayama - Akasaka Sad - Interesting choice. The chorus is kinda weak for me but the rest of the song keeps my interest. 

Selena Gomez - Vulnerable - hmm not bad. Expected worse from this album. 

Carly Rae Jepsen - Gimmie Love - Likeable emotion cut. 

Olivia Rodrigo - Happier - cuteezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Ariana Grande - Better Off - ok ezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Brandy - Angel In Disguise - meh ezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Lady Gaga - Monster - yas ezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Sky Ferreira - 24 Hours - #1 ezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Cher - Bad Love - ha ezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Ariana Grande - R.E.M. - mhm ezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Britney Spears - Breathe On Me - igezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Bebe Rexha - Death Row - nahezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Rina Sawayama - Love Me 4 Me - eh ezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Tinashe - I Can See The Future - sure ezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Beyoncé - Dance For You - coolezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Ariana Grande - Bad Idea - kezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Sevdaliza - Wallflower - bruh ezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Tinashe - The Chase - uh huh ezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Lady Gaga - Dance in the Dark -  yuh ezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Tinashe - Let Me Down Slowly - kezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Rina Sawayama - Akasaka Sad - pass ezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Selena Gomez - Vulnerable - bore ezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

Carly Rae Jepsen - Gimmie Love - skip ezgif-4-c3a621c333d4.thumb.gif.48a58fce1

img_5eb311257d0f5.jpg

Spoiler

59NWyRg.png

Olivia Rodrigo - Happier
I never liked her singing tone, Beautiful piano, gutter lyrics, gwacala

Ariana Grande - Better Off
Bittersweet ballad bop, vales mil

Brandy - Angel In Disguise
Something is missing from this, es leve

Lady Gaga - Monster
Reminiscing about dark pop now, muy bueno

Sky Ferreira - 24 Hours
Dynamic instrumental y a def bop, un poco otro nivel

Cher - Bad Love
This is actually really nice, me gusta the instrumental and her tone against it

Ariana Grande - R.E.M.
Still knocks despite how lax it is, es buenísima onda

Britney Spears - Breathe On Me
This production is stellar, another buenísima onda

Bebe Rexha - Death Row
This didn't stand out, seems like she cherry picked certain parts from other old songs because certain parts sound similar, equis

Rina Sawayama - Love Me 4 Me
One of my fave from her album, 1000 linda

Tinashe - I Can See The Future
Bops but ngl there's better off 333 than this, es leve 

Beyoncé - Dance For You
I didn't know the song was 6 minutes long pero it's a high contender for winning. o sea, súper nice

Ariana Grande - Bad Idea
This is high for me personally because the outro is just otro nivel

Sevdaliza - Wallflower
The outro is mesmerizing to me, still taking a bit to enjoy overall though

Tinashe - The Chase
One of her very best, no es verdad

Lady Gaga - Dance in the Dark
Not sure why this is getting lashed but the Production is still bueno

Tinashe - Let Me Down Slowly
winner in my opinon, que suerte

Rina Sawayama - Akasaka Sad
A bop, and another fave off the album. vale mil

Selena Gomez - Vulnerable
She knows how to excel with her distinct sound, took a bit to warm up but me gusto overall

Carly Rae Jepsen - Gimmie Love
I think there were better options from the album but still a cute choice

AltruisticHandsomeFlickertailsquirrel-si

• ATRL Moderator

Olivia Rodrigo - Happier

This is kind of just there as a song for me

Ariana Grande - Better Off

Really beautiful track! Definitely in the top tier of Sweetener

Brandy - Angel In Disguise

I liked this quite a bit... not a fan of spoken additions to songs, so the intro was not my fave... but the rest was good.

Lady Gaga - Monster

Fun enough but unremarkable

Sky Ferreira - 24 Hours

Enjoyed the vibe of this

Cher - Bad Love

I don't really understand this choice. Like why did you pick something that was 40 years old? I feel like older songs will only do well here if they are well known hits and beloved. This was cute at times, but it was like such a "Hot Stuff" ripoff and should have been 2 minutes shorter.

Ariana Grande - R.E.M.

I've never really enjoyed this song. It's very monotonous to me. I would have loved to see what Bey could have done here... feel like she would have brought it to life in an exciting way tbh.

Britney Spears - Breathe On Me

This was fun! Probably middle of the pack.

Bebe Rexha - Death Row

Now why did Bebe drop Sacrifice, a 10 out of 10... and then switch back to something cheesy and screechy?

Rina Sawayama - Love Me 4 Me

One of my favorites from Sawayama!! I love the 90s/2000s vibe - super cute and catchy.

Tinashe - I Can See The Future

Absolute smash.

Beyoncé - Dance For You

Loved this, and like others said, it made 6 minutes fly by quickly.

Ariana Grande - Bad Idea

One of the best bops from TUN!

Sevdaliza - Wallflower

This was not AS bad as some of the other reviews had me to believe... still wasn't my cup of tea.

Tinashe - The Chase

Very cute!! Loved this.

Lady Gaga - Dance in the Dark

Good song but gurl it was a single. READ!

Tinashe - Let Me Down Slowly

Def the least remarkable of the Tinashe songs. It was ok.

Rina Sawayama - Akasaka Sad

YASSSSSSSS absolutely. I was obsessed w this song in 2020. Thought it would be too experimental for VL, so I am very happy to see the praise from most ppl.

Selena Gomez - Vulnerable

It's p good - probably one of the more enjoyable songs on Rare for me

Carly Rae Jepsen - Gimmie Love

cute, generic CRJ so not crazy about it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.