Billboard Charts (January 29 - February 4, 2017)

alexanderao

Just now, Marvin said:

Ahh talent :heart2:

Always winning. :heart2:

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• alexanderao

• brianc33710

• NEZ

On 31/1/2017 at 9:10 AM, simmnfierzig said:
Early predictions. Don't feel super confident yet with my new formula

1 Shape Of You  518   (+1)
2 Bad And Boujee  468   (-1)
3 I Don't Wanna Live Forever  458   (+2)
4 Bad Things  301   (=)
5 Don't Wanna Know  266    (+2)
6 Closer  264   (-3)
7 Black Beatles  262   (-1)
8 Scars To Your Beautiful  251  (+2) 
9 Starboy  249   (-1)
10 Fake Love  244   (-1)
11 Paris  238   (+2)
12 24k Magic  236   (-1)
13 Love On The Brain  231   (+1)
14 Side To Side  225   (-2)
15 Bounce Back  212   (=)
16 Let Me Love You  199  (=) 
17 I Feel It Coming  194   (+1)
18 All Time Low  176   (+1)
19 Caroline  170   (-2)
20 Mercy  159   (+1)

Not here for that M5 song blocking Closer from that record.

Is it soooooo close for LOTB to go Top10? :eek:

The new formula is increase in STREAMS correct? Everyday is coming btw.

8 minutes ago, TattooedDreams said:

The new formula is increase in STREAMS correct? Everyday is coming btw.

No sadly. They increased sales influence and decreased streaming influence lol.

1 minute ago, Chainsmoker said:

Okay well then this helps Gaga after all 

55 minutes ago, Chainsmoker said:

But they also added Pandora, so we don't know if the influence of sales has really increased in the overall formula.

Better Early Predictions.

(01) Shape of You || iTunes: #3 || Radio: #4 || Spotify: #2 || YouTube: #3 || Pandora: #14 (+1) 

(02) Bad and Boujee || iTunes: #4* || Radio: #19 || Spotify: #1 || YouTube: #1 || Pandora: #3 (-1) 

(03) I Don't Wanna Live Forever || iTunes: #2 || Radio: #9 || Spotify: #3 || YouTube: #5 || Pandora: #9 (+2) 

(04) Bad Things || iTunes: #4 || Radio: #3 || Spotify: #10 || YouTube: #16 || Pandora: #13 (=)  

(05) Closer || iTunes: #21 || Radio: #5 || Spotify: #13 || YouTube: #6 || Pandora: #34 (-2) 

(06) Don't Wanna Know || iTunes: #23 || Radio: #1 || Spotify: #22 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #6 (+1) 

(07) Black Beatles || iTunes: #37 || Radio: #14 || Spotify: #15 || YouTube: #4 || Pandora: #1 (-1) 

(08) Starboy || iTunes: #29 || Radio: #12 || Spotify: #9 || YouTube: #7 || Pandora: #9 (=) 

(09) Fake Love || iTunes: #22 || Radio: #8 || Spotify: #5 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #2 (=) 

(10) Scars To Your Beautiful || iTunes: #27 || Radio: #2 || Spotify: #71 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #4 (=) 

(11) Paris || iTunes: #5 || Radio: #20 || Spotify: #4 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #19 (+2) 

(12) 24K Magic || iTunes: #9 || Radio: #10 || Spotify: #38 || YouTube: #10 || Pandora: #12 (-1) 

(13) Love On The Brain || iTunes: #19 || Radio: #7 || Spotify: #64 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #7 (+1) 

(14) Side To Side || iTunes: #54 || Radio: #6 || Spotify: #45 || YouTube: #8 || Pandora: N/A (-2) 
(15) Bounce Back || iTunes: #31 || Radio: #29 || Spotify: #7 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #11 (=) 

(16) I Feel It Coming || iTunes: #7 || Radio: #13 || Spotify: #12 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #24 (+2) 

(17) All Time Low || iTunes: #10* || Radio: #36 || Spotify: #17 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: N/A (+2) 

(18) Let Me Love You || iTunes: #34 || Radio: #11 || Spotify: #55 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: N/A (-2) 

(19) Caroline || iTunes: #15 || Radio: #31 || Spotify: #11 || YouTube: #11 || Pandora: N/A (-2) 

(20) Mercy || iTunes: #32 || Radio: #17 || Spotify: #47 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #17/42 (+1) 

Others.

(21) This Town || iTunes: #18 || Radio: #22 || Spotify: #118 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #21 (+3)

(22) iSpy || iTunes: #16 || Radio: N/A || Spotify: #8 || YouTube: #20 || Pandora: N/A (+7) 

(24) Rockabye || iTunes: #14 || Radio: #46 || Spotify: #33 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #18 (+8)

(25) Water Under The Bridge || iTunes: #55 || Radio: #15 || Spotify: #84 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: N/A (+1)

Sales may be dropping but they are still the purest and most honest measure of popularity imho. People can stream relentlessly and dont pay for specific artists or titles. I feel its a cheap measure just like YouTube views. Radio is messy(& prejudice) in how it decides who gets played. So Im glad they are keeping the aspect with the most integrity as a strong factor.

2 hours ago, Rentboy said:

Sales may be dropping but they are still the purest and most honest measure of popularity imho. People can stream relentlessly and dont pay for specific artists or titles. I feel its a cheap measure just like YouTube views. Radio is messy(& prejudice) in how it decides who gets played. So Im glad they are keeping the aspect with the most integrity as a strong factor.

I mean the purity point is a matter of opinion, but how are sales a "more honest" measure of popularity than streams? Sales only tell you when someone initially buys a song, and gives you absolutely no indication as to how often they're listening to it or when they get bored of it and stop listening altogether. Streaming tells you exactly when and how many people are actively listening to a song. How is that not a more accurate way of determining what songs are more popular in the current moment?

4 hours ago, Cz! said:

But they also added Pandora, so we don't know if the influence of sales has really increased in the overall formula.

Based on the significant upward movement of almost every Country song on the Hot 100, BB did indeed strengthen sales. Part of those jumps may have come with the assistance of Pandora, but most of the boost in their points came from an increase in the sales metric.

2 hours ago, Rentboy said:

I agree with your point, although I know we are outnumbered on here who seem to want everything for free, and don't want anything requiring a purchase at all considered for BBs Hot 100 chart. I'm sure if this website attracted an older demographic, we wouldn't be in such a small minority. :!ohno: 

5 minutes ago, shelven said:

I mean the purity point is a matter of opinion, but how are sales a "more honest" measure of popularity than streams? Sales only tell you when someone initially buys a song, and gives you absolutely no indication as to how often they're listening to it or when they get bored of it and stop listening altogether. Streaming tells you exactly when and how many people are actively listening to a song. How is that not a more accurate way of determining what songs are more popular in the current moment?

I came here to say this. Sales don't actually capture the full picture. I can buy something but that doesn't mean I'm listening to it at all. How much I use a product is a better indicator of its overall popularity. Radio airplay should actually be weighted lower. 

Edited by Adonis

7 minutes ago, shelven said:

Easily. Buying a song costs money, and is a personal financial investment. Streaming requires no payment, so whoever's listening to it does so freely, because they don't want to take the time to buy or pay the money for their "faves" songs. It seems they want to hear the music, but aren't devoted enough to spend money on their preferred artists. 

1 minute ago, brianc33616 said:

I agree with your point, although I know we are outnumbered on here who seem to want everything for free, and don't want anything requiring a purchase at all considered for BBs Hot 100 chart. I'm sure if this website attracted an older demographic, we wouldn't be in such a small minority. :!ohno: 

Um no, I don't think there's a single person on here who wants sales completely removed from the Hot 100 :rip: We're just saying that people shouldn't continue pretending as though sales are still the most popular form of music consumption. The Hot 100 is a popularity chart, so more popular ways of listening to music should have more of an influence than less popular ways of listening to music.

3 minutes ago, Adonis said:

I came here to say this. Sales don't actually capture the full picture. I can buy something but that doesn't mean I'm listening to it at all. How much I use a product is a better indicator of its overall popularity. Radio airplay should actually be weighted lower. 

I don't disagree with weighting Airplay lower, but Sales definitely deserves its place as a component of the Hot 100.

1 minute ago, brianc33616 said:

Easily. Buying a song costs money, and is a personal financial investment. Streaming requires no payment, so whoever's listening to it does so freely, because they don't want to take the time to buy or pay the money for their "faves" songs. It seems they want to hear the music, but aren't devoted enough to spend money on their preferred artists. 

Okay, but again, what does that have to do with POPULARITY? The Hot 100 is a popularity chart - plain and simple. It's not the Billboard Passion 100 that measures how emotionally connected fans are to their artists. What someone feels when they're listening to a song should be completely irrelevant - it's the listening part that's important.

Anyways, I didn't intend for my comment to start yet another sales vs. streaming debate because these happen all the time and never go anywhere, so I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, shelven said:

Um no, I don't think there's a single person on here who wants sales completely removed from the Hot 100 :rip: We're just saying that people shouldn't continue pretending as though sales are still the most popular form of music consumption. The Hot 100 is a popularity chart, so more popular ways of listening to music should have more of an influence than less popular ways of listening to music.

Actually, I've seen quite a few people saying they want sales completely removed as a metric for the Hot 100. I'm glad at least you think sales should play some part in BB's biggest songs chart. That's better than some I've seen on here.

Okay, but again, what does that have to do with POPULARITY? The Hot 100 is a popularity chart - plain and simple. It's not the Billboard Passion 100 that measures how emotionally connected fans are to their artists. What someone feels when they're listening to a song should be completely irrelevant - it's the listening part that's important.

Anyways, I didn't intend for my comment to start yet another sales vs. streaming debate because these happen all the time and never go anywhere, so I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Yeah. I need to go to bed anyway. Let's call a truce for now. :)

2 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

Actually, I've seen quite a few people saying they want sales completely removed as a metric for the Hot 100. I'm glad at least you think sales should play some part in BB's biggest songs chart. That's better than some I've seen on here.

Okay, fair enough - I don't frequent this section as much as I used to, so I was just assuming nobody thought that. If there are people who say they want it completely removed, I definitely disagree with that (and honesty I can't even understand why someone would want that). My position is just that the relative popularity of the metric should correlate with its influence on the chart :flower: 

Edited by shelven

Okay, fair enough - I don't frequent this section as much as I used to, so I was just assuming nobody thought that. If there are people who say they want it completely removed, I definitely disagree with that (and honesty I can't even understand why someone would want that). My position is just that the relative popularity of the metric should correlate with its influence on the chart :) 

That's fair. We agree to partially agree. That's a start, and more than I get from many on here! :)

8 minutes ago, shelven said:

:lipton2: 

9 hours ago, ARTPØP said:

Better Early Predictions.

(01) Shape of You || iTunes: #3 || Radio: #4 || Spotify: #2 || YouTube: #3 || Pandora: #14 (+1) 

(02) Bad and Boujee || iTunes: #4* || Radio: #19 || Spotify: #1 || YouTube: #1 || Pandora: #3 (-1) 

(03) I Don't Wanna Live Forever || iTunes: #2 || Radio: #9 || Spotify: #3 || YouTube: #5 || Pandora: #9 (+2) 

(04) Bad Things || iTunes: #4 || Radio: #3 || Spotify: #10 || YouTube: #16 || Pandora: #13 (=)  

(05) Closer || iTunes: #21 || Radio: #5 || Spotify: #13 || YouTube: #6 || Pandora: #34 (-2) 

(06) Don't Wanna Know || iTunes: #23 || Radio: #1 || Spotify: #22 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #6 (+1) 

(07) Black Beatles || iTunes: #37 || Radio: #14 || Spotify: #15 || YouTube: #4 || Pandora: #1 (-1) 

(08) Starboy || iTunes: #29 || Radio: #12 || Spotify: #9 || YouTube: #7 || Pandora: #9 (=) 

(09) Fake Love || iTunes: #22 || Radio: #8 || Spotify: #5 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #2 (=) 

(10) Scars To Your Beautiful || iTunes: #27 || Radio: #2 || Spotify: #71 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #4 (=) 

(11) Paris || iTunes: #5 || Radio: #20 || Spotify: #4 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #19 (+2) 

(12) 24K Magic || iTunes: #9 || Radio: #10 || Spotify: #38 || YouTube: #10 || Pandora: #12 (-1) 

(13) Love On The Brain || iTunes: #19 || Radio: #7 || Spotify: #64 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #7 (+1) 

(14) Side To Side || iTunes: #54 || Radio: #6 || Spotify: #45 || YouTube: #8 || Pandora: N/A (-2) 
(15) Bounce Back || iTunes: #31 || Radio: #29 || Spotify: #7 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #11 (=) 

(16) I Feel It Coming || iTunes: #7 || Radio: #13 || Spotify: #12 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #24 (+2) 

(17) All Time Low || iTunes: #10* || Radio: #36 || Spotify: #17 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: N/A (+2) 

(18) Let Me Love You || iTunes: #34 || Radio: #11 || Spotify: #55 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: N/A (-2) 

(19) Caroline || iTunes: #15 || Radio: #31 || Spotify: #11 || YouTube: #11 || Pandora: N/A (-2) 

(20) Mercy || iTunes: #32 || Radio: #17 || Spotify: #47 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #17/42 (+1) 

Others.

(21) This Town || iTunes: #18 || Radio: #22 || Spotify: #118 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #21 (+3)

(22) iSpy || iTunes: #16 || Radio: N/A || Spotify: #8 || YouTube: #20 || Pandora: N/A (+7) 

(24) Rockabye || iTunes: #14 || Radio: #46 || Spotify: #33 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #18 (+8)

(25) Water Under The Bridge || iTunes: #55 || Radio: #15 || Spotify: #84 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: N/A (+1)

LOTB is NOT #19 on iTunes... Its Top10 easy combined.

19 Rihanna Love on the Brain
118 Rihanna Love On the Brain
618 Rihanna Love on the Brain
909 Rihanna Love on the Brain

I'm honestly surprised how bad Chris' Parachute did. It's freefalling on country radio so it's over. To me this song sounds like a big hit... :sad: