Billboard Charts (January 29 - February 4, 2017)

alexanderao

mess I Don't Wanna Live Forever is taking all the FSOG spotlight

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• alexanderao

• brianc33710

• NEZ

10 hours ago, ARTPØP said:

Better Early Predictions.

(01) Shape of You || iTunes: #3 || Radio: #4 || Spotify: #2 || YouTube: #3 || Pandora: #14 (+1) 

(02) Bad and Boujee || iTunes: #4* || Radio: #19 || Spotify: #1 || YouTube: #1 || Pandora: #3 (-1) 

(03) I Don't Wanna Live Forever || iTunes: #2 || Radio: #9 || Spotify: #3 || YouTube: #5 || Pandora: #9 (+2) 

(04) Bad Things || iTunes: #4 || Radio: #3 || Spotify: #10 || YouTube: #16 || Pandora: #13 (=)  

(05) Closer || iTunes: #21 || Radio: #5 || Spotify: #13 || YouTube: #6 || Pandora: #34 (-2) 

(06) Don't Wanna Know || iTunes: #23 || Radio: #1 || Spotify: #22 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #6 (+1) 

(07) Black Beatles || iTunes: #37 || Radio: #14 || Spotify: #15 || YouTube: #4 || Pandora: #1 (-1) 

(08) Starboy || iTunes: #29 || Radio: #12 || Spotify: #9 || YouTube: #7 || Pandora: #9 (=) 

(09) Fake Love || iTunes: #22 || Radio: #8 || Spotify: #5 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #2 (=) 

(10) Scars To Your Beautiful || iTunes: #27 || Radio: #2 || Spotify: #71 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #4 (=) 

(11) Paris || iTunes: #5 || Radio: #20 || Spotify: #4 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #19 (+2) 

(12) 24K Magic || iTunes: #9 || Radio: #10 || Spotify: #38 || YouTube: #10 || Pandora: #12 (-1) 

(13) Love On The Brain || iTunes: #19 || Radio: #7 || Spotify: #64 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #7 (+1) 

(14) Side To Side || iTunes: #54 || Radio: #6 || Spotify: #45 || YouTube: #8 || Pandora: N/A (-2) 
(15) Bounce Back || iTunes: #31 || Radio: #29 || Spotify: #7 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #11 (=) 

(16) I Feel It Coming || iTunes: #7 || Radio: #13 || Spotify: #12 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #24 (+2) 

(17) All Time Low || iTunes: #10* || Radio: #36 || Spotify: #17 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: N/A (+2) 

(18) Let Me Love You || iTunes: #34 || Radio: #11 || Spotify: #55 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: N/A (-2) 

(19) Caroline || iTunes: #15 || Radio: #31 || Spotify: #11 || YouTube: #11 || Pandora: N/A (-2) 

(20) Mercy || iTunes: #32 || Radio: #17 || Spotify: #47 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #17/42 (+1) 

Others.

(21) This Town || iTunes: #18 || Radio: #22 || Spotify: #118 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #21 (+3)

(22) iSpy || iTunes: #16 || Radio: N/A || Spotify: #8 || YouTube: #20 || Pandora: N/A (+7) 

(24) Rockabye || iTunes: #14 || Radio: #46 || Spotify: #33 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #18 (+8)

(25) Water Under The Bridge || iTunes: #55 || Radio: #15 || Spotify: #84 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: N/A (+1)

Bad Things :clap3:

47 minutes ago, zzmyth said:

(13) Love On The Brain || iTunes: #19 || Radio: #7 || Spotify: #64 || YouTube: N/A || Pandora: #7 (+1) 

LOTB is NOT #19 on iTunes... Its Top10 easy combined.

19 Rihanna Love on the Brain
118 Rihanna Love On the Brain
618 Rihanna Love on the Brain
909 Rihanna Love on the Brain

It also gets streams on youtube from the mutiple unofficial videos that should count right? 

1 hour ago, PhreshDiamond said:

It also gets streams on youtube from the mutiple unofficial videos that should count right? 

Yeah it has some Youtube streams. Not very much and artpop is only looking at the top 20 there since that's the only thing we have as a chart. Rest you have to look individually 

Do any chart experts think All Time Low will hit Top 10? Or will it just have longevity floating in the Top 20

7 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Yeah it has some Youtube streams. Not very much and artpop is only looking at the top 20 there since that's the only thing we have as a chart. Rest you have to look individually 

artpop?

3 minutes ago, Torturo said:

artpop?

The member

non-t10s with t10 in a consumption chart

Bounce Back 6 streams, 17 sales

All Time Low 7 sales, 20 streaming

Caroline 7 streams, 27 sales

I Feel It Coming 9 sales, 36 streaming

Down 8 sales

Hmm.

QueenofCopyPaste

With these airplay and streaming , I think its safe to say Ed is blocking Taylor?

19 minutes ago, Jeiboy said:

With these airplay and streaming , I think its safe to say Ed is blocking Taylor?

This week yeah. 

17 hours ago, shelven said:

I mean the purity point is a matter of opinion, but how are sales a "more honest" measure of popularity than streams? Sales only tell you when someone initially buys a song, and gives you absolutely no indication as to how often they're listening to it or when they get bored of it and stop listening altogether. Streaming tells you exactly when and how many people are actively listening to a song. How is that not a more accurate way of determining what songs are more popular in the current moment?

I think he had a point to say that people can listen to the song on repeat especially stans.

I remember there was a thing where you couldn't repeat a song more than an x amount of times for it to count.

Streams are an easy way for people to be curious about a song not like it and liking isn't much a reflection of popularity moreso being exposed and aware of it.

Radio, streaming and sales have their downfalls BUT all are important.

tumblr_myw3puTqST1s9lptno1_250.gif

6 minutes ago, slw84 said:

I remember there was a thing where you couldn't repeat a song more than an x amount of times for it to count.

That's a U.K. charts rule– there, only your first 10 streams of a song every day count towards the chart (assuming you listen to a song more than 10 times in a day). Billboard has never implemented a policy like that.

1 hour ago, alexanderao said:

That's a U.K. charts rule– there, only your first 10 streams of a song every day count towards the chart (assuming you listen to a song more than 10 times in a day). Billboard has never implemented a policy like that.

Hmm...

Well that's interesting.

so it's subject to more manipulation. 

No matter which  metric is used I guess you can't avoid bending the rules a bit.

53 minutes ago, alltoowell13 said:

I've read that so many times on Stan Twitter, like that only 10 or 15 streams count per person/day on Spotify. However, I've never found a source for that, so I wonder where that is coming from. 

I think people asked Billboard or chart gurus or something. I remember there was this thing about streaming one of lady gaga's videos a lot and the response was that billboard would flag it if someone did it more than 5-7 times in a row so people would just replay it 4 times then pick another video and then go back to replaying 

I don't know...besides the double counting aspect and the assumption based aspect I don't mind streaming's influence 

Now if Love on the brain doesn't reach top 10 because less streaming points without a video...I'm gonna be pressed 

tumblr_myw3puTqST1s9lptno1_250.gif

• ATRL Moderator

Any chance for Everyday to hit the chart next week, with the lyric video and increases on iTunes/radio/Spotify?

57 minutes ago, Element said:

Any chance for Everyday to hit the chart next week, with the lyric video and increases on iTunes/radio/Spotify?

I mean, any gains it is making on Spotify are not that significant, as it is still outside of the top 200. That combined with the fact that it will only have around 20M AI by the time the tracking week is up will keep it off of the Hot 100 for now.

• ATRL Moderator
29 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

I mean, any gains it is making on Spotify are not that significant, as it is still outside of the top 200. That combined with the fact that it will only have around 20M AI by the time the tracking week is up will keep it off of the Hot 100 for now.

Thanks Alex!

15 hours ago, alltoowell13 said:

I've read that so many times on Stan Twitter, like that only 10 or 15 streams count per person/day on Spotify. However, I've never found a source for that, so I wonder where that is coming from. 

I don't know the way how Nielsen (to be more precisely - streaming service for Nielsen) counts streams but I know how services count streams for rightholders (labels/publishers/performance right organisations). 

Spotify implemented special algorithm to check streaming activity which cut “abnormal” streaming activity:

We use a model that determines when a product has “abnormal” streaming activity, which is determined using a combination of the following factors, among others:
- Number of streams the album received in the past week;
- Number of users who stream the album;
- Total number of streams / Total number of users who stream the track;
- Number of tracks on the album;
- Number of “short length” tracks on the album ( < 60 seconds);
- Number of “short length” streams on the album ( < 60 seconds);
- Territorial activity.
Products that reach a certain threshold of abnormal activity are flagged by our model as likely to be fraudulent and are removed from Spotify

1 hour ago, popmusic said:

I don't know the way how Nielsen (to be more precisely - streaming service for Nielsen) counts streams but I know how services count streams for rightholders (labels/publishers/performance right organisations). 

Spotify implemented special algorithm to check streaming activity which cut “abnormal” streaming activity:

so I can play one song on 10 computers for one day and they will see this as " fraudulent"  and remove that from Spotify? for example I will spam Migos song and they will remove it? XDDDDD

20 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

so I can play one song on 10 computers for one day and they will see this as " fraudulent"  and remove that from Spotify? for example I will spam Migos song and they will remove it? XDDDDD

They will remove only your streams

• ATRL Moderator

unrelated to this week's charts but does anyone know if Bandcamp already counts towards the BB200?

4 minutes ago, Yndda said:

unrelated to this week's charts but does anyone know if Bandcamp already counts towards the BB200?

Yes, Bandcamp send POS data into Soundscan/BB but owner of record must add ISRC/UPC code on Bandcamp site and register record in SoundScan database

I don't see how one person streaming a song multiple times should be counted in compiling the charts data AT ALL. That just means ONE person really likes the song. When you purchase a song or album it counts just once so why should one persons individual streams count multiple times? This is what Im saying about how sales are the purest & most honest measure of popularity. Sure people can buy it numerous times but thats gonna cost them. Streaming over & over doesnt.