Song of the Season 3 ? WINNER ANNOUNCED (pg. 137)

ughgabriel

qUk_n7_efD7WDO0Amsh5CK6f_LOwJ5Z5ImK0fwYA

ROUND IV: SPOOKY ALIENS

REVIEWS PT. I

Hug - "Werewolf/Moon"

Spoiler

Things I like:

This entry started off with a really strong couplet. The use of 'sand' in the first line is nicely complimented by 'sea' in the next line and feels so smooth and natural. It really helped instantly teleport me into this song! The concept is also really nice, I really like the wolf/moon thing you had going on, and the whole duet-take on this is really beautiful. The pre choruses and the choruses really compliment themselves very well. A moment tbh. 

Things that could improve:

I think the 2nd stanza felt a bit weaker than the first. For example, you used the ABCB rhyming pattern for the 1st stanza of verse one. This worked so well because of the extra "…sand/…sea" imagery present in the first two lines. So the next stanza with the switch in the rhyming scheme felt a bit weaker without the same device (linking imagery) present in it. But it's still good as it is, it's just a very minor thing.

Overall:

This is definitely my favourite entry from you so far. I do think this song works as a metaphor as well as literally, but I'm taking it as the latter since I really love it this way. 

Favourite line(s):

"You drew your line into the sand

But it swept away into the sea"

hurricane326 - "They Are Here!"

Spoiler

Things I like:

I love the theatrical vibe of this. This is so different from your previous entries too. You really took a risk with this one. I think the sections leading up to the 'They are here!' repetition is wonderful. Words like 'choirs', 'cacophonies', etc. really helped make this song feel like a musical piece. My favourite is the first of the pre choruses just for how well each line builds up upon one another. 

I feel like the repetition in the chorus is a bit underused. It's just the three same lines without any dramatic build up. I think maybe adding a different line after each repetition would've really added to the dynamic of the song. 

Overall:

While I don't think this feels as epic as your earlier entries, I really appreciate the risk you took with this one. It really opens up a different side of you and tells me you have the skill to switch things up and also tells me that you are a multi faceted writer and I just can't wait to see more from you. 

Favourite line(s):

"When the choirs start to shriek

And your field of vision disappears

Cacophonies of panic

Play as a rapture in your ears"

8th Prince - "3-Piece Zombie"

Spoiler

Things I like:

The concept is so amazing! I think this is definitely one of the freshest ones I've read in this game so far. I really love the metaphors present throughout this song; the use of the 'zombie', 'iron vest', 'nails', etc. etc. It's wonderful work really. The scenes depicted are also really nice and detailed, the way they 'pass away' into each next line like the passing of the train is such a pleasant read, I'm lowkey stanning. 

I feel like the quoted lines in the choruses could be placed better. They are placed next to each other without any interruptions in between and while the message did come through, it felt a bit clunky to read through them. 

Overall:

Another great entry from you. I think this is your best work, both in terms of imagery and storytelling so far and so good work!

Favourite line(s):

"And when the train veers to the left

The horde inside will all sway right:

That’s all there is to your life"

Ampersand13 - "Sensual Ghost"

Spoiler

Things I like:

I really love how sensual this entry does feel. You really made this song feel very sensual, not just with your concept or story but also with the words you're using. This entry has the perfect mix of haunting and  sensuous which is just a pleasure to read. There's not a section as a whole that feels off to me, but the chorus is definitely a highlight; the meter is so perfect here, the rhyming choices are really great too and everything just flows!

This is probably just me, but I don't really love the very first line with his skin being compared to a pillow. I think using other body parts such as chest or arms might've worked better. I also feel like you could've replaced '…ridden' with something else since that felt a bit 'hardcore', maybe with something like '…been on' or something more 'sensual'.

Overall:

I'm very pleased with this. Definitely my favourite entry from you so far. Good work! 

Favourite line(s):

"You’re a ghastly fright opening me up at midnight

You’re a walking sign telling me I won’t survive

A scarlet kiss, how those lips fulfill my every wish"

Rence - "ode to silence"

Spoiler

Things I like:

I like that this is a fully dark entry. I love how you decide to tackle the issue head on and focus on that topic alone. This is indeed a risk for you, it abandons the storytelling style you used in your previous entries that have worked so well for you. But I also think this is your best one so far. Every single section is amazing imo. The pre chorus however is on a whole other level. The way you mentioned the dripping of blood followed by the forming of mental images of a devil's grin in the first pre is such effective imagery. 

This is just a nitpick but I think the ending lines of the pre choruses should've followed the same meter as the proceeding lines. Just a very minor issue though and it's probably just me. 

Overall:

So yeah this is my favourite entry from you so far. I appreciate this new side to your writing and can't wait to see more.

Favourite line(s):

"blood is dripping from my wounded skin

mental images form a devil’s grin"

Aurora - "Take a Bite"

Spoiler

Things I like:

This is quite a spooky entry. I really love the horror elements you presented here. But most of all, I love the playfulness of the lyrics. The words that you chose, the rhyming scheme that you used; everything really added to the mood of the song. While the song is filled with all these haunting imagery, the lyrics themselves are really catchy and so makes this song a very fun one to read. I could definitely see this as a pop banger. 

While this was very fun to read, I feel like there's not enough clarity in some parts to help me really connect to the song. I'm a bit confused about the 'their' present in the song. Is the 'their' in the intro the same as the 'their' in the bridge? I think a little mention on who the 'their' is about would've really helped elevate this entry. 

Overall:

This is another finely crafted entry from you. I'm shook at you managing to do this round after round. Nice work. 

Favourite line(s):

"Tell me, is this dream worth the devotion?

Dancing with the demons every nightmarish day"

funnellegs - "halloween '98"

Spoiler

Things I like:

I'm not American so I don't really know the feeling of being homesick or nostalgic for Halloween but this entry really made me feel that feeling. The opening lines really sucked me in immediately, I think this quite effective as the start to your song. The detailing in the verses is just precious; 'power ranger costume', 'carved out pumpkin', 'knit scarf', 'cobble stones', etc. The details here are impeccably detailed, everything here is just perfect to me. 

I feel like the chorus is a bit lengthy. I think cutting this part into two sections of four lines each would've made it read a lot better. Or maybe using the first four lines as the first two chorus and then using the full thing as the final chorus would've added that much more punch. 

Overall:

I thank you for bringing the emotions yet again, I know it's a talent and I believe this is another very solid entry from you. Good work! 

Favourite line(s):

"whether it’s a power ranger costume, 

or a carved out pumpkin on the porch, 

the simplest things take me way back, 

to the short days and play dates of before"

Dessy - "The Gingerbread Witch"

Spoiler

Things I like:

This is the kind of entry that really really pleases me. It's kinda dark but also in a very fun way. I really like the narration as a whole too, but that 2nd verse, pre, then the chorus to the post is a moment. I live for the witch's point-of-view here. I don't really know which section is my absolute favourite from these four since they all compliment each other so very well but I think the post chorus edges the others out for me. The switch in POV in the last chorus is really nice too. 

While I do like the chorus for what it is, I feel like following a definite rhyming pattern would greatly enhance the reading experience. Since you're using a 'Trick or Treat, Trick or Treat', repetition here, having a 'trick' rhyme then a 'treat' rhyme and so on in the adjoining lines would've created a much smoother flow. 

Overall:

This is another fun entry from you like 'Till the Violin Plays'. And while this isn't original like that one, I still really love the way you narrate this story and think you did a good job with your adaptation. 

Favourite line(s):

"Powder her with sugar

Season him with ginger

Set the table, bring the food

Got my wares, I’m ready to chew"

REVIEWS PT. II

Astronomy - "Play Thing"

Spoiler

Things I like:

'From the eyes of God, to the Valley of Dust,

I'll corrupt all of your lust,' is such a beautiful beautiful opening. I was able to immediately teleport myself into the song and so very smoothly. It's a really effective couplet to introduce the reader into the song. The 2nd verse with the claws edging deep into minds is also really nice and creates such a perfect couplet. These two verses have such lucid imagery and are also my favourite sections of this song for that very reason. 

My biggest issue is meter. While it can work to not follow a proper meter, the song here is set in a conventional verse-prechorus-chorus-bridge structure, so it'd have been better to pick a meter and stick to that. I also think the disease-peace rhyme felt a bit forced. 

Overall:

I'm lowkey living for this. This entry has some of my most favourite lines from you so far, and from this game in general. Good work. 

Favourite line(s):

"Your claws edge deep into the minds of those around,

You could whisper so quiet, they'd swear your voice is too loud,"

firecrotch - "Back in Love"

Spoiler

Things I like:

This song works very well, both as a metaphor or literally. I like the realistic horror vibe of this. That chorus is just brilliantly crafted with that 'monsters' line, I really love that, everything here just flows so well. That little reference to being a kid really creates this layer to your song, it's like zooming in to the past and thereby magnifying the present situation that much more, and that was really effective to me. I love the song as a whole too, but the chorus gets a standing ovation from me. 

I'll say I'm not a huge fan of the bridge (structurally). While having a song without a proper meter can work, the key is consistency and the bridge is far too different from the verses or the chorus, and so the reading felt a bit off here. 

Overall:

This is another strong entry from you. Once again, I find myself really connecting to another entry of yours. Keep up the good work.

Favourite line(s):

"Monsters haven't scared me since I was a kid 

Except for when I catch you looking, cause 

I know I'm not strong enough"

luckystrike - "Light From Above"

Spoiler

Things I like:

I like that you went the opposite way and used light as a negative thing contrary to the common use of the dark for that specific purpose. This is very relatable too because of how we get blinded to lights when we're in the dark for too long, both literally and figuratively. The chorus is really good for how it depicts this feeling of being chased by people and things you just want to be left alone from. The use of 'Light' here is really effective imo. The fact that darkness can't exist in the presence of light really strengthened the song which already has this hopelessness and sense of defeat just from the lyrics alone. 

I'm not too sure about the hook here. I get what you're trying to say with the exclamations but the rhyming of 'think' with 'think' kinda brought the whole section down. A sudden change in tone from one section to the next can work but there needs to be some dynamic in the next for the transition to not feel clunky. 

Overall:

This is a new side to your writing, I think, and I'm really liking it. And the concept here is one of my favourites from this season so far. Good job. 

Favourite line(s):

"So I run for my life but I just can’t escape

The light from above is turning me insane"

OreGuy - "Horror Stories"

Spoiler

Things I like:

I love the inspiration behind this. The verses really portrayed the energy and vibe of the song very well. I especially love the first verse for how it references these classic spooky halloween terms like 'Horror stories', 'ghosts', 'killers' etc. They really made this entry feel like an actual halloween song. The bridge is also a moment for me, I really love the progression here, both in terms of lyrics and narration. 

Building up on the 'cult show' or the 'freakshow', or the 'famous killers', or the 'witch craft' stuff you mentioned during the verses would've really strengthened your entry. I was expecting the chorus to go along one of those directions and not really using them until the bridge felt a bit like wasted potential.

Overall:

I really love the vibe of this song. Definitely one of the entries that felt the most 'Halloween-y'. Good work! 

Favourite line(s):

"I kill the bride, I was the clown

Chase you in the forest til I get you down

I made it clear that I run this town"

Speezy - "Trick and Treat"

Spoiler

Things I like:

I love the 'metal' (for lack of a better word) and rider anthem feel this song has. Words like 'wolves', 'screech', 'roar', 'adrenaline', that Rolce Royce mention, etc. all really made this song have that road 'feel' and they all feel right home here in the song. This is probably not your intention, but this song reminds me of Steppenwolf's 'Born To Be Wild', but here with a halloween aesthetic and I just love it. The chorus especially is just full of life, it's blaringly loud and amazing, it was so fun to read this entry. I stan tbh. 

I think those Birkin and Fendi references in the 1st verse felt a bit out of place. So I googled them and I think they're bags(?) and they (and the stanza that has these) don't feel like they belong to this 'gang of adrenaline seekers' theme you had going on in the song. 

Overall:

I'm in love with the energy of this song. I really did not expect to love this as much when I just read your title, I'm shook. Good work!

Favourite line(s):

"You’ll hear us screech and roar

You’ll see us going door to door

Disrupting quiet neighborhoods

Disruption is such a thriller"

keshaspearsxo - "F F 1" & "F F 2"

Spoiler

Things I like:

This is a really long entry but I like it. I prefer 'F F 1' due to it's simple but really fluid imagery. I love how the scenes progresses, from the walls to the chaos, from the splinters, to skins, to blood, to the floods, etc. Each line is constructed so well and really sets up the next line. And the bridge is definitely a moment. It really adds clarity to the meaning of the song, at least for me. The final chorus of 'F F 2' is also very amazing. 

I feel like "F F 2" is a little bit long and drag on at parts. For instance, I don't think the chorus needed to be a chorus. The song could work if this chorus is used as just the final 'chorus' instead and have the verses reworked to fit that. And that way, it would have an even bigger pay off than the one here imo. 

Overall:

I'm amazed at you whipping out these really well thought out songs round after round. Good work and keep it up.

Favourite line(s):

The entire final chorus of "F F 2" tbh. 

TROPICUM - "Llorona"

Spoiler

Things I like:

I like that you used this very unique lore for your song. The song feels very spooky and 'halloween-y' without having it being specifically about halloween. I love that you mentioned "Llorona, Llorona' several times throughout the song, it really made this feel like a plea, a ballad of some kind being sung to 'Llorona'. I really love verse two with the sinning of Llorona being said as something bigger than god itself and also the mention of things like the veil which really helped me picture this 'Llorona' that you're speaking of. 

While I was able to get a good glimpse of 'Llorona's' character from this, I feel like I needed a bit more backstory placed in the song to be really invested. Like, why do the narrator care for this woman so much that they are singing to her? Or why is this woman so evil that she killed her own children? You did not even have to mention them directly but apart from the first pre chorus, there's no hint as to why the narrator cares so there need to be a few more reasons other than just the one we have here. 

Overall:

I think you've got one of the most distinctive styles out of anyone here. As usual, your aesthetics are really great here as well, good work. 

Favourite line(s):

"God punish those who sin

But your sin, is greater than god"

@Astronomy @firecrotch @luckystrike @OreGuy @Speezy @keshaspearsxo @TROPICUM

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ughgabriel

• Hug

• fountain

• Rence

Top Posters In This Topic

why did i randomly got logged out :)

1 hour ago, Prisoner said:

Overall:

I'm amazed at you whipping out these really well thought out songs round after round. Good work and keep it up.

tumblr_osy83lXg3K1rgab2qo1_540.gifv

Thank you @Prisoner! You and Gabe serving long and thoughtful reviews like usual :heart:

Also prisoner I completelyyyyy agree about the meter of the bridge. I later went back to it (I might turn this one into an actual song!) and realized how out of place that bridge is lol

@Prisoner thanks for the reviews babe :heart: Also, the song is also filled with American Horror Story references if it helps :fan:

18 hours ago, firecrotch said:

I later went back to it (I might turn this one into an actual song!)

:jonny:

7 hours ago, OreGuy said:

Also, the song is also filled with American Horror Story references if it helps :fan:

I've only seen the 'Hotel' season (due to gaga) and only like 2 eps but yes :fan:

why is this so relatable: 

GlitteringDenseArcherfish-size_restricte

Oh wow :praise:

latest?cb=20111006230449&path-prefix=en

malignant.png

@luckystrike - Light From Above

Spoiler

I liked the twist you gave to the usual symbolism of light. It was a fresh approach to make it a negative element within your story instead of the common “light means something positive”.

What I actually liked about that side of the song is that the symbolism is so fitting to the topic you’re talking about; sometime we learn to live with our demons because that means we don’t have to face them, so the utilization of the light as that awareness of those things that are wrong was very correct.

I really liked how you used each of your verses to tell a different part of the story and gave the reader what they needed to completely understand the meaning behind this metaphor.

My only criticism would be that I didn’t get catch a lot of UFO references, other than the light from above there isn’t really anything else that you used to hint that you were talking about aliens. I thought you were talking about a monster during the chorus. I think your message was clear, I just wished the imagery was a little more consistent or clear.

@OreGuy - Horror Stories

Spoiler

There were some lines that I really really loved about this song because I thought they were super clever (“treat my tricks”, “witchcraft, baby, vampire blood bath”). They were so fun to read!

I also really liked how you used a lot of references here of some iconic, staple scenes in the horror genre as a metaphor for your song. You were very consistent with the freak show imagery here as well, so I really appreciate that!
I would like to say that there were some times where I felt a little dubious towards some choices where I felt the chosen words might’ve not been the most effective for the message you were trying to tell. The “dead bodies” line for example: when you get into detail and analyze the line it makes sense but when you’re reading it for the first time, it can come across as morbid rather than emotional. I think you could’ve taken it further to tie your concept with your metaphor in a clearer way.

@Speezy - Trick and Treat

Spoiler

The fact that when you mentioned the MJ video my mind didn’t go to Thriller, but to that fake video of his ghost appearing at Neverland after his dead fff

I liked the energy that you brought to this song. It’s a cool twist to have this bad bitch vibe on a halloween song. Because at first it might seem like you’re going to tell a story about trick or treatin’ as a child but instead it’s the rebellious way of doing it as a teenager/adult. Gave me some Harley Quinn during the Purge night vibes.

I really liked the comparisons you made between the bags kids use to get candy on Halloween and the ones you’ll be using to steal from people’s houses and cars.

I have to say that there were some elements that felt out of place. I don’t see how the MJ mentioning fits the story… I also think the psyches/finesse line was not very effective.

@keshaspearsxo - F F 1 & F F 2

Spoiler

I think it was really bold of you to submit 2 songs. I think both of them are good on their own but I do believe that the both of them work very well as two complementary pieces. They’re kind of each other’s counterpart.

My mind immediately went to Midsommar when reading 1, specially to that scene where the girl is covered in flowers and she merges with them and it seems like they’re breathing.

I thought that both songs represent the cycle of change and evolving as a person. From my interpretation I felt the songs were supposed to represent the stage of blossoming (cleansing, finding some sort of clarity) and the stage of withering (a new beginning).

I really liked the way you added some subtle elements of religion in the songs as well, I thought those were elements that helped to maintain cohesion between the two of them. With the genesis verse on 2 being my favorite section.

My advice on this one would be to be careful with the enigmatic narrative when writing long songs; I don’t think it’s bad to leave it up to interpretation but you have to remember that at times the reader could be left a bit confused if the song is too mysterious for them.

@TROPICUM - Llorona

Spoiler

I honestly love when people write about things from their culture. I love the legend of La Llorona and I remember that as a child I would watch this tv show called “Mitos y leyendas” and when they talked about this story, it scarred me.

I honestly love your verses, there is something really folkloric about them and it reads as a classic Mexican song, which tend to be very descriptive and have an eerie nature. I don’t know if you did it on purpose but you channeled that very well.

I have to say that in this case, I wish your song didn’t have a chorus or a typical song structure. I really wish it was just verses. I feel like your verses and outro were so strong that the chorus and the other sections felt short in comparison. Those sections didn’t have the eeriness and creepy vibe your verses had. And there were some word choices that weren’t very effective (extinct children, a cycle that is infernal, hellish fire).

Waiting on the other judges' critiques and rankings <3

i didn't write a song for this week's challenge but i tried to make my own spooky halloween instrumental, i still don't know how to mix/master but i liked it <3

13 hours ago, Hug said:

Me writing REC on the Pop Bliss round

pls

25 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

i didn't write a song for this week's challenge but i tried to make my own spooky halloween instrumental, i still don't know how to mix/master but i liked it <3

we stan a talented judge :clap3:

AUBURN'S REVIEWS

Sorry y'all, school comes first! Anyway, I don’t know how I’m gonna rank all these songs. So much talent this round. I would say pretty much every song in my top ten could be deserving of #1 from me, so I really had to go with my personal preferences in the end. Honestly, no one should worry too much about their placement this round because it was so strong! :weeps:

Spoiler

Hug - Werewolf/Moon

This is really great. The simplicity of the lines makes it very easy to read as a real song, as opposed to something that was a little wordier. Love it.

hurricane326 - They are Here!

Points for the absolute campiness of this, but other than that it doesn’t do much for me. I think the lyrics aren’t specific enough to connect with a story.

8thPrince - 3-Piece Zombie

The metaphor here is really well developed! I also like the twist at the end. Good job!

Ampersand13 - Sensual Ghost

I think you’ve got some clever wordplay in here. Some lines feel a bit too long so the meter is off in places, but other than that I think it’s really good!

Rence - ode to silence

Hey queen! Girl you have done it again. Constantly raising the bar for us all and doing it flawlessly. I’d say I’m surprised but I know who you are. I’ve seen it up close and personal. Girl you make me so proud.

Aurora - Take a Bite

This is really great and perfectly campy! I don’t have anything else to say here except that your Take a Bite outsold Sour Candy’s lifeless ass!

Astronomy - Play Thing

The chorus here is really strong! Love the second verse onwards as well. For some reason the first verse isn’t slaying me as hard as the rest. I think there might be a bit too much repetition in word use there.

funnellegs - halloween ’98

Love love love this! I can feel the nostalgia. Clever lyricism as well. Excellent.

Dessy - The Gingerbread Witch

This is definitely the most fun song I’ve read for the round so far! It embodies what this holiday is about. I love it!

firecrotch - Back in Love

I think you applied the Halloween theme very well to this concept. There’s something about the “monsters haven’t scared me since I was a kid” line that I really really like.

luckystrike - Light From Above

The reversal of light and dark in this song is sooo interesting. Love the concept. No qualms with anything here.

OreGuy - Horror Stories

This one just isn’t hitting for me. I think the meter in some parts is harder to read in a good flow. But it’s not bad, you just have some very stiff competition.

Speezy - Trick and Treat

The way this structure of this feels unconventional even thought it isn’t really works well for me in a confusing way lol. Love the chorus for this. Love the concept of the verses, but the flow is a bit wordy at parts.

keshaspearsxo - F F 1 & F F 2

A double song whew! I love it. The matching titles and chorus themes tie it all together very well. I know you aren’t a fan of the challenge theme, but I think this is a perfectly valid interpretation of it. F F 2 especially is like a lament to the green within the world. Yup yup.

TROPICUM - Llorona

Oooh, this concept! This is really great! Love this!

9 minutes ago, Auburn said:

This is really great. The simplicity of the lines makes it very easy to read as a real song, as opposed to something that was a little wordier. Love it.

This is always my favorite compliment to get because it's what I pride myself on the most :weeps: Thank you, Auburn. :heart:

• ATRL Moderator

@Auburn thank you so much! :hug:

8 hours ago, ughgabriel said:

I think it was really bold of you to submit 2 songs. I think both of them are good on their own but I do believe that the both of them work very well as two complementary pieces. They’re kind of each other’s counterpart.

My mind immediately went to Midsommar when reading 1, specially to that scene where the girl is covered in flowers and she merges with them and it seems like they’re breathing.

I thought that both songs represent the cycle of change and evolving as a person. From my interpretation I felt the songs were supposed to represent the stage of blossoming (cleansing, finding some sort of clarity) and the stage of withering (a new beginning).

I really liked the way you added some subtle elements of religion in the songs as well, I thought those were elements that helped to maintain cohesion between the two of them. With the genesis verse on 2 being my favorite section.

I think your interpretations are fun. Some could be intentional and some unintentional, but I like that. I think it’s good to write things that can be understood differently by every individual. That opens up a cool discourse. Interesting to hear. Thanks!

8 hours ago, ughgabriel said:

My advice on this one would be to be careful with the enigmatic narrative when writing long songs; I don’t think it’s bad to leave it up to interpretation but you have to remember that at times the reader could be left a bit confused if the song is too mysterious for them.

I would say if it’s too mysterious for them, then it’s not intended to be for them, I guess. I’m a bit conscious of that, but it’s not anything that has a place within my creativity, honestly. That’s just my general feeling really, I haven’t done anything for appeal and I don’t really want to do anything for appeal. I think that’s why I had reservations in joining, didn’t sign up and used a fake username; but it’s been quite reassuring thus far, which is good. There could be a time when it isn’t, that’s okay, but my intention remains that I play by my own rules. 

29 minutes ago, Auburn said:

A double song whew! I love it. The matching titles and chorus themes tie it all together very well. I know you aren’t a fan of the challenge theme, but I think this is a perfectly valid interpretation of it. F F 2 especially is like a lament to the green within the world. Yup yup.

Thank you!! I don’t think the challenge is particularly bad or anything, it’s probably quite fun for everybody else but is just not something I’d specifically choose personally. I’m pretty happy with how I chose to interpret it as a result of that, and it’s nice to see it wasn’t perceived badly. 

Thanks all the judges.

IDK I just wanted an MJ reference in their but I guess it wasn’t touched upon enough.

NGL when I reread my entry I loathed V1 and was like wtf 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.