Song of the Season 3 ? WINNER ANNOUNCED (pg. 137)

ughgabriel

AUBURN'S REVIEWS

Spoiler

Hug - Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring

I love it. It’s amazing, I don’t really have much else to say. I live for songs like this!

minho - the warrior & the traitor

Love the juxtaposition in this. Also have no qualms with this one. Great job!

TROPICUM - Deity

This is a good example that songs don’t HAVE to fully rhyme to be great. I can feel the tension of the battlefield. I love seeing that you incorporated the critiques you received last week.

Astronomy - BLAMELESS / UNDONE

I just love how this is a two parter. Even though it was longer than the other entries, I felt just as enthralled reading it throughout. The meter in Blameless was great, in Undone it was mostly good, though there were a few lines that seemed just a bit wordy.

hurricane326 - All That Is Known

This is simply gorgeous! Wow wow wow, I don’t know what else to say. You are on fire!

disruptive - fable of the deep sea star

The three-line stanzas in this were a unique choice, but I think it worked, and helped you stand out. A few lines seem a bit long here and there, but that’s it. I love the story.

Gastrodonatella - My Little Blossom

Firstly, I would like to say thank you because I feel like you were always my biggest cheerleader when I played this game in the past!

The storytelling in this is just beautiful and heartbreaking. There are few spots where I was expected a rhyme where there wasn’t one, but overall this is very strong. I love the switch of perspective.

firecrotch - meet again

I can definitely tell you your meter has already improved compared to last round. Loving the honesty and the concept here, the only nitpick from me is that it doesn’t feel super related to the Pokemon you chose.

Aurora - Castleglass

Despite your stated lack of inspiration this week, I love this a lot! The metaphor really works and is something I think everyone can relate to at times. Beautifully written.

OreGuy - the afterglow

Very strong chorus for me. I think the styling of the verses is very different (in a good way) from a typical song so I’m glad it worked out this way. Straight up just gonna say I think saying “ ‘tleast” in the last line of the chorus was strange, I’m not really sure how to pronounce that but I just said it like “at least” in my head lol! 

Funnellegs - The Seafarer

Oh wow, oh wow! The meter in this song is SO GOOD, it just flows so amazingly. I love love love the chorus as well, only thing is I wish the variation of the chorus you used in the final part of the song was also used in the second chorus refrain. The song is a bit short so I think you could have afforded that.

8thPrince - I’m Happy You’re Going to Hell

I really like this! There are a few overworded lines here and there but overall this is really strong and I love the cheekiness of it.

Gay Rat Divorce - Crying Contest

I think this is a nice concept, but unfortunately this round is very competitive for me. There’s nothing really wrong with this, it just feels like it lacks the oomph some of the other entries provided. 

Rence - wallflower

I really love the meaning and thought put into this song. I would say this is one of the best Pokemon-song connections this round, if not the best. It just works while still being creative.

Dessy - Amaterasu

The rhyme scheme in your verse and bridge is top notch, first of all. Unfortunately, I just wish it was longer. It feels a bit underdeveloped and rushed through the story. But what you have is endearing.

Ampersand13 - Running Water’s Lullaby

I don’t think this is as bad as you made it out to be in the description lol! That being said I don’t think it is as strong as some of the other entries this round. The chorus starts out promising but it kinda feels like it changes pace halfway through and becomes a bit more clunky. You have a very strong bridge though, in my opinion.

dweebz - Klefki (Secrets)

This didn’t connect much with me, sorry. I think your lines are bit too short for me. It reads a bit disjointed because of that. With that being said, I really liked the addition of the backing vocal lyrics, it added another dimension to the song.

Speezy - Give Me a Dose

I can feel the connection to the Pokemon you chose well in your entry. I think what you’ve written has a nice pop sensibility to it, however, I wish it was a bit longer/fleshed out. 

Overprotected - Thorns

I really like how you changed the chorus and it still felt like it would be sang exactly the same way. Great job. It’s lacking a bit of a switch up without a bridge or something, but overall I like it.

keshaspearsxo - S, C!

I just love this chorus whew! It’s really great. Great connection with the Pokemon, I can imagine hearing this song while reading it. Only nitpick, I think the choir line at the end of the second prechorus is too long. (Sidenote: would you prefer me to never include portions of your songs in my reviews, or is that just a request for this round? Just so I know for the future.)

Lucky#17

I think this is a bit all over the place tbh. The verses with the back and forth between the parentheses, it just didn’t work for me. The “clink” lyric was a nice touch though, I really liked that part.

ceremonials - Siren

I like the breezy feel of this song. It’s lightly written, something just feels very refreshing about it. I think it lacks something to really push it to the top of my list, but it’s still very good.

I definitely think this round was better than the first round. So many strong entries. Great job everyone! Sorry about the late reviews.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ughgabriel

• Hug

• fountain

• Rence

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

RESULTS TONIGHT

I know us batch 2 girls don't deserve **** for not sending early but are we getting more critiques? :shy: 

5 minutes ago, ughgabriel said:

RESULTS TONIGHT

vZJz1M7.jpg

1 minute ago, Overprotected said:

I know us batch 2 girls don't deserve **** for not sending early but are we getting more critiques? :shy: 

Mess, of course you'll be getting your reviews<3

Batch 2 girls unite!

And thanks for rihview auburn!

the way ive put more effort into this game than i have some of this semesters classes :rip:

38 minutes ago, Auburn said:

keshaspearsxo - S, C!

I just love this chorus whew! It’s really great. Great connection with the Pokemon, I can imagine hearing this song while reading it. Only nitpick, I think the choir line at the end of the second prechorus is too long. (Sidenote: would you prefer me to never include portions of your songs in my reviews, or is that just a request for this round? Just so I know for the future.)

Yeah I’d prefer it for all rounds if that’s okay. I just hate the idea of people reading random sections without any context of the song as a whole, in some cases with the way I can write I don’t think it makes any sense without seeing full thing :rip:

7 minutes ago, firecrotch said:

the way ive put more effort into this game than i have some of this semesters classes :rip:

I can relate :rip: I put more effort into hosting and then dropped out of university :dies:

My song being too intellectual for some of y'all.

It really is a CharlieXCX inspired song.

59 minutes ago, Gastrodonatella said:

!!!!! :weeps: :weeps: :weeps: this was very sweet of you, i always felt like you and overprotected were underrated and i always ended up perched to read entries from you two :hughard: also i'm glad you liked the song 

thank you very much, reading all the entries so far really has me missing playing as a contestant :weeps:  

22 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Yeah I’d prefer it for all rounds if that’s okay. I just hate the idea of people reading random sections without any context of the song as a whole, in some cases with the way I can write I don’t think it makes any sense without seeing full thing :rip:

okay, I will remember not to do it from here on out :hug:  

7 minutes ago, Auburn said:

okay, I will remember not to do it from here on out :hug:  

Thank you for asking! And thanks for the review too :duck:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.