Survivor: All Stars (ATRL Edition) | FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL!!!

rl231

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rl231

• Element

• Yvess

• Bey_Rihstan

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop giving clue a platform

CoolPolishedFrenchbulldog-small.gif

i2aGM02.png

@Bey_Rihstan @Buddy! @DripDrip @dussymob @EriKills 

@kiiwii @kipperskipper @Lucky#17 @Marvin  @Not Like The Movies

@Staryu @thecptz @Tom Vercetti @Touch It @Yvess

@Astronomy @Dylan' @clue @supaspaz 

Castaways, welcome to Round 7 of Survivor: All Stars (ATRL Edition)!  

Only ONE tribe will immunity! The other two tribes will be heading to Tribal Council. The highest individual scorer on each losing tribe will also be immune.

The theme for Round 7 is...

Let It Burn

Tell me that you've still got the flame for me

For our seventh round, we are looking for songs where the narrator is watching their relationship fade away and pleads with their significant other to stay and hopes they come back, whilst knowing they ultimately won't be back. That person wants to keep the flame of their relationship going and don't want them to leave. However, they know, in their heart of hearts, that they won't be coming back to them, and that it's done for good.

What To Do:
Once your song is selected, PM both of the hosts the artist and title of your song on Discord. You don't have to include a link to the song unless you are sending a specific version of it. There's no explanation needed as your song should speak for itself. If your song requires an explanation to make sense, it's not a good fit.

There are many of you playing this game. You guys are bound to submit the same songs at some point and because no one can occupy the same song, we encourage you to send a back-up choice along with your first pick. This applies especially to those who are not around when a round is posted and don't have the luxury of choosing an instant track.

REMINDER: ONCE YOU SEND A SONG THAT IS AVAILABLE, YOUR CHOICE IS LOCKED AND YOU MAY NOT SWITCH. AGAIN, YOU CANNOT SWITCH SONGS. IF SOMEONE TAKES YOUR SONG FIRST, THAT IS WHEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SUBMIT A NEW ONE, SO PLEASE SUBMIT A BACK-UP.

Take Into Consideration:
The panel will judge the audio/lyrics of the track you submit. Music videos will not increase or decrease your score as some music video plots differ from a song's true meaning.

The theme is what is important here. You will not receive a low score because you sent in a song one of the judges does not like. Taste will at the most be the difference between an 8.5 or a 9. We will never dock off multiple points based off mere preference.

The song you choose should display the meaning upfront. An interview with your artist clarifying the meaning of the song will not be taken into consideration.

Judging Scale (May Vary By Judge):
9/10 – Great entry. Track displays the theme given head on.
8 – Good entry. Displays theme well but not as well as others.
7 – Okay entry. Fits decently but is missing something overall.
6 – Somewhat tackles the theme but falls flat.
5 – Track mentions theme but is otherwise off–base.
3/4 – Song does not hit the theme given besides a line or two.
1/2 – Song has to do with a completely different subject than the theme.

We will supply an example for each round for you all to take inspiration from. Obviously no one can select this song as their entry.

The example for this round is ”Flame” by Tinashe.

The example for this round is @Dylan''s favorite Tinashe song of all time, Flame (taste! :flame: ) . This song encompasses Tinashe seeing how her relationship is drifting apart and fading away in the distance. However, she wants to keep the flame going, but she definitely knows that it's not going to happen for them and ultimately has the idea to just "let it burn" out and disappear.

The ONE tribe with the highest average scores will be safe this round, meaning that TWO losing tribes will attend tribal council. Remember that the highest scoring member of each losing tribe will be immune at tribal council.

Your song submissions are due in <24 hours (7 PM ET) on Tuesday, June 30th.  

Good luck and please let the hosts know if you have any questions!

TINASHE SHOULD HAVE NEVER GONE POP

2 ON SMASHED BTW

RIP THE GOOD DAYS OF BEING A TESTICLE

ALSO FLAME IS NOT A GOOD SONG!

drag them baby!!

TINASHE SHOULD HAVE NEVER GONE POP

2 ON SMASHED BTW

CoolPolishedFrenchbulldog-small.gif

40 minutes ago, Dylan' said:

TINASHE SHOULD HAVE NEVER GONE POP

2 ON SMASHED BTW

ALSO FLAME IS A GOOD SONG!

I knew you loved Flame! :flame: 

TINASHE SHOULD HAVE NEVER GONE POP

2 ON SMASHED BTW

• ATRL Moderator

No wonder Gauteau was so pressed about his scores. He must have seen the writing on the wall.

Mark-McCloskey-and-Patricia-McCloskey-Home.jpg

• ATRL Moderator

Please welcome our guest judge this round!!

@Speezy

4th place in season 3

(also appeared in seasons 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

CMinhOa.gif

6 minutes ago, Element said:

Please welcome our guest judge this round!!

@Speezy

4th place in season 3

(also appeared in seasons 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

CMinhOa.gif

OMG SPEEZUS! AAAAAAAH! MY JORDIN SPARKS! GIVE ME A TIARA

• ATRL Moderator

Where are these results

I was told there would be results 

results be would there told was I

• ATRL Moderator

next page

• ATRL Moderator

i2aGM02.png

@Bey_Rihstan @Buddy! @DripDrip @dussymob @EriKills

@kiiwii @kipperskipper @Lucky#17 @Marvin  @Not Like The Movies

@Staryu @thecptz @Tom Vercetti @Touch It @Yvess

Welcome castaways to your 7th results show! Below will be the rankings for each round. The SINGLE tribe with the highest average will win immunity, and the top person on the two losing tribes will also be immune from Tribal Council.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings after this round. 

A special thanks to our guest judge @Speezy for joining the panel this round!

With that said, here it is…

Hey 

• ATRL Moderator

• ATRL Moderator

7fucYBV0KjJhkxeyjA0L3_TCsW7o0-Vb8wenPC6LpValxeZrvQQsj1I0y_BWUA7toK_YhA9_tII515XEPnIjtP8Mm-e4EPla9FdVF-PrjYmszh2MV-roJSFMVeUNRDDOnA

Contestants Song
kiiwii Rod Stewart - (I Know) I'm Losing You
kipperskipper The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
DripDrip Lund - Alone
Bey_Rihstan Brandy - It's Not Worth It
Staryu Say Something - A Great Big World / Christina Aguilera

Rod Stewart - (I Know) I'm Losing You

• Astro - 8.5 - He knows she gone, he knows she ain’t staying, but there isn’t pleading. It’s mostly just knowing she leaving.
  • Clue - 8.5 - It’s pretty much all there except for the pleading. And come on Kanye “Fade” sample.
  • Dylan - 7 - He’s not really pleasing but besides that this is good. 
  • Supaspaz - 7 - He is certainly aware that he’s losing her. But he doesn’t once plead with her to stay.
  • Speezy - 7.5 - Theres really no begging but some lyrics hit the theme

The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'

• Astro - 10 - Right for the feels, I see.
  • Clue - 10 - Now this classique.
  • Dylan - 9.5 - Classic. 
  • Supaspaz - 9.5 - I don’t know that I’m fully convinced they’ve accepted this relationship is over.
  • Speezy - 10 - I think the bridge really secured the score for this song.

Lund - Alone

• Astro - 9.5 - That’s rough, buddy.
  • Clue - 9 - Yup yup yup. It’s pretty much all there.
  • Dylan - 9.5 - Kinda like this song? More importantly good for the theme! 
  • Supaspaz - 10 - This is beyond desperate.
  • Speezy - 9 - Theres some subtle hints about pleading but its still great

Brandy - It's Not Worth It

• Astro - 8.5 - While she is fighting hard and knows it’s a dying relationship, there’s not really a clear message on if it’s really over or not. It’s kind of left in the air because she’s still fighting for it.
  • Clue - 8 - One of my favorite Brandy songs, lemme just start by saying that. I wish there was more of her knowing that the relationship is over.
  • Dylan - 9 - Oh we stan B Rocka and Darkchild. Fits the theme well. 
  • Supaspaz - 8.5 - Brandy is strident. She’s fighting hard for this relationship because she believes there’s still a chance.
  • Speezy - 9 - Full Moon was a good album and this song sort of had a story. But there’s some subtle hints at pleading

A Great Big World / Christina Aguilera - Say Something

• Astro - 5.5 - I feel this is the complete opposite of what we asked for lsdfkjlkfg. Like, instead of being the beggar, we’re hearing the side of the one who’s about to leave.
  • Clue - 3 - This is more about mending broken hearts to me.
  • Dylan - 3.5 - They’ve accepted the relationship is over and are moving on. Sort of a step further than what the theme asked for. They’re not pleading for the other side to stay. They’re the one leaving..
  • Supaspaz - 5 - This is a song about the moment after the one this week’s theme describes, a stage of grief and acceptance. The relationship is done, and they know that in far more than just their heart of hearts.
  • Speezy - 4 - This WAS NOT IT. A beautiful song but not for this round. It’s more akin to a breakup ballad

Archon next...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.