• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ash12345

• Fitzswiftie

• JawBreaker

• Mr. Duff

Guess Diane and Taylor are very close and @Ash12345 is waiting for Taylor to drop another single to surpass the former.:eli:

12 hours ago, 1989 said:

I miss this thread :frown:

Me too.

I didn't forget about it. I was kinda procrastinating though because I want to post the final 10 on the same day and it takes a while to double check all their stats. Anyways, I'm getting back at it. I just finished checking the #6 songwriter's stats which took about 70min.

4 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

I didn't forget about it. I was kinda procrastinating though because I want to post the final 10 on the same day and it takes a while to double check all their stats. Anyways, I'm getting back at it. I just finished checking the #6 songwriter's stats which took about 70min.

:kiss:

• 3 weeks later...

moment of silence for the 200k+ covid victims who didn’t get to witness the end of this countdown 

I’m happy to know the top ten will be posted. Perched. :duca:

On 5/2/2020 at 11:38 PM, family.guy123 said:

moment of silence for the 200k+ covid victims who didn’t get to witness the end of this countdown 

:deadbanana2:

On 3/27/2020 at 10:00 PM, family.guy123 said:

this countdown is gonna outlive the coronavirus I stg

:deadbanana2:

On 5/3/2020 at 7:38 AM, family.guy123 said:

:lmao:

OT: a round of applause of @Ash12345 in taking such a daunting task and doing it so successfully.

:clap3:

On 4/5/2020 at 5:11 PM, idkwiam said:

Guess Diane and Taylor are very close and @Ash12345 is waiting for Taylor to drop another single to surpass the former.:eli:

Or for The Man to finish its Hot 100 run

• 2 weeks later...

I never really checked to this thread and shocked that Taylor lasts to Top 10?

Like seriously

I thought she would be around Top 40 - 50

The power of writing your discography :clap3:

I doubled checked the stats for 8 of the top 10 now. Just need to do the last two + bios + top streamed songs.

We're waiting sis!!!! Thanks! ♥

• 2 weeks later...

10. Taylor Swift

tumblr_mrwcu2Tvd11qln4e1o1_500.gif

The first signs that Taylor Swift might want to be a singer-songwriter could be seen as a small child, making up stories and singing Disney songs. Later, she won a national poetry contest, wrote a 300 page book of stories inspired by her experiences, was involved in a children's theater group and spent a lot of time performing at karaoke bars. After her demo tape of country covers got rejected by Nashville labels at age 11, she decided building on her interest in poetry and storytelling by learning to write songs would distinguish her from other young aspiring country singers. She eventually got a development deal at RCA records, which helped her convince her parents to move from Pennsylvania to Nashville. Then at age 14, she became the youngest artist signed to Sony/ATV Music Publishing, where the pressure to write one song per day for the company helped further sharpen her songwriting skills. After lack of progress from RCA on getting an album recorded, she decided not to renew her contract with them, and soon got record deal offers elsewhere, choosing to sign with yet-to-be-formed label, Big Machine Records.

She released her self-titled album in 2006, which experienced a modest debut, but gradually helped her build a loyal fanbase. That lead to increasing sales of her debut album, and for the rest of her albums to achieve some of the biggest opening sales weeks in recent music history. She is equally known for her melancholic love songs and catchy pop hits, and her personal narrative driven style of songwriting. Although she already experienced cross-over success with the singles from her debut album, that increased significantly with the success of Fearless and Red singles on pop radio, until she decided to commit fully to making pop music with her fifth album, 1989, which helped her reach new heights internationally. When it comes to collaborators, she likes working with a small team of trusted co-writers and producers, beginning with Liz Rose and Nathan Chapman who she began working with during her very early Sony/ATV days, and continuing with Max Martin and Shellback who helped her transition to pop, and Jack Antonoff who helped her experiment with more 80s-retro and indie pop leaning music. She's remained heavily involved in the writing over her songs throughout her career and even has the top selling album of all time solo-written by a female (Speak Now). She's been honored by the Nashville Songwriters Association and Songwriters Hall of Fame, and is the only Millenial named on Rolling Stone's Top 100 Songwriters of All-Time. She's also written songs for other artists, including for some lesser known country singers at the start of her songwriting career, and for Kellie Pickler, Miley Cyrus, Little Big Town and Calvin Harris.

written by Dibbles and Ash12345

Most streamed Hot 100 hits on Spotify

1029m - This Is What You Came For (Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna)

992m - I Don't Wanna Live Forever (Zayn & Taylor Swift)

552m - Look What You Made Me Do (Taylor Swift)

437m - Blank Space (Taylor Swift)

432m - ME! (Taylor Swift feat. Brendon Urie)

Table of Points

ntyDFWF.jpg
f4NZPCk.jpg
pmifRvo.jpg
sUuBMBc.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC @BtDecember @pavi @Kylie Jenner @deGonzz @Jorq @Dibbles @Alexz @idkwiam

Edited by Ash12345

Just now, Ash12345 said:

10. Taylor Swift

The first signs that Taylor Swift might want to be a singer-songwriter could be seen as a small child, making up stories and singing Disney songs. Later, she won a national poetry contest, wrote a 300 page book of stories inspired by her experiences, was involved in a children's theater group and spent a lot of time performing at karaoke bars. After her demo tape of country covers got rejected by Nashville labels at age 11, she decided building on her interest in poetry and storytelling by learning to write songs would distinguish her from other young aspiring country singers. She eventually got a development deal at RCA records, which helped her convince her parents to move from Pennsylvania to Nashville. Then at age 14, she became the youngest artist signed to Sony/ATV Music Publishing, where the pressure to write one song per day for the company helped further sharpen her songwriting skills. After lack of progress from RCA on getting an album recorded, she decided not to renew her contract with them, and soon got record deal offers elsewhere, choosing to sign with yet-to-be-formed label, Big Machine Records.

She released her self-titled album in 2006, which experienced a modest debut, but gradually help her build a loyal fanbase. That allowed her to experience increasing sales of her debut album, and for the rest of her albums to achieve some of the biggest opening sales weeks in recent music history. She is equally known for her melancholic love songs and catchy pop hits, and her personal narrative driven style of songwriting. Although she already experienced cross-over success with the singles from her debut album, that increased significantly with the success of Fearless and Red singles on pop radio, until she decided to commit fully to making pop music with her fifth album, 1989, which helped her reach new heights internationally. When it comes to collaborators, she likes working with a small team of trusted co-writers and producers, beginning with Liz Rose and Nathan Chapman who she began working with during her very early Sony/ATV days, and continuing with Max Martin and Shellback who helped her transition to pop, and Jack Antonoff who helped her experiment with more 80s-retro and indie pop leaning music. She's remained heavily involved in the writing over her songs throughout her career and even has the top selling album of all time solo-written by a female (Speak Now). She's also written songs for other artists, including for some lesser known country singers at the start of her songwriting career, and for Kellie Pickler, Miley Cyrus, Little Big Town and Calvin Harris.

Table of Points

ntyDFWF.jpg
f4NZPCk.jpg
pmifRvo.jpg
sUuBMBc.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC @BtDecember @pavi @Kylie Jenner @deGonzz @Jorq @Dibbles @Alexz @idkwiam

HER POWER 

Wow. :jonny:

Her pen is IMPRESSIVE. 

27 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

10. Taylor Swift

She released her self-titled album in 2006, which experienced a modest debut, but gradually helped her build a loyal fanbase. That lead to increasing sales of her debut album, and for the rest of her albums to achieve some of the biggest opening sales weeks in recent music history. She is equally known for her melancholic love songs and catchy pop hits, and her personal narrative driven style of songwriting. Although she already experienced cross-over success with the singles from her debut album, that increased significantly with the success of Fearless and Red singles on pop radio, until she decided to commit fully to making pop music with her fifth album, 1989, which helped her reach new heights internationally. When it comes to collaborators, she likes working with a small team of trusted co-writers and producers, beginning with Liz Rose and Nathan Chapman who she began working with during her very early Sony/ATV days, and continuing with Max Martin and Shellback who helped her transition to pop, and Jack Antonoff who helped her experiment with more 80s-retro and indie pop leaning music. She's remained heavily involved in the writing over her songs throughout her career and even has the top selling album of all time solo-written by a female (Speak Now). She's been honored by the Nashville Songwriters Association and Songwriters Hall of Fame, and is the only Millenial named on Rolling Stone's Top 100 Songwriters of All-Time. She's also written songs for other artists, including for some lesser known country singers at the start of her songwriting career, and for Kellie Pickler, Miley Cyrus, Little Big Town and Calvin Harris.

written by Dibbles and Ash12345

Table of Points

ntyDFWF.jpg
f4NZPCk.jpg
pmifRvo.jpg
sUuBMBc.jpg

OH WOW
AND SHE DID THAT BEFORE HITTING HER 30s

A LEGEND

Taylor :jonny5:

Literally a LEGEND :jonny5:

Interesting list so far.

OMG

ITS HAPPENING

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.