• TheWayWeWere

• Legend E

• Remmy

• Jet

Charli, MAGDALENE, NFR! :jonny5:

bywygib, Gone, Glad He's Gone, bad guy, cellophane :clap3:

ready for your top 3s

• ATRL Moderator

Bad Guy is billie's magnum opus, glad she got a #1 out of it!

NFR and Cellophone are good!  Sunshine is prob Tove's best album but I'm not the biggest fan of her.

so, it's finally here 

Bc9RZ8G.gif

I need to say thanks to everyone who commented on this :clap3: I love our community :heart2: 

oh yeah, and before reveal - yes, I'm basic bitch, drag me

7JgowSo.gif

LM8a7RT.png

album #3 - Dawn Richard, new breed
"I think if I didn't find women attractive, I wouldn't find myself attractive" 
Everytime Dawn releases something, I wondered how she stays so underrated over the years - she should've been Beyonce of DK :'(. She's been doing some quality content and experimenting with genres for entire decade. On 'New Breed' she goes in more traditional r&b sound, looking for her roots in samples and cultural references. From urban r&b to 80s pop inspired bops to funk numbers - 'New Breed' is a bit too short for carries so many themes and genres, but still works on its own. 
some favorites: new breed, dreams and converse, shades, vultures wolves

gAuoFZj.png

single #3 - Ariana Grande, thank u, next
"I've loved and I've lost" 
This song IS iconic already. Everything from lyrics to MV are so memorable and such an great pop culture moment, so we need to appreciate that. This song wasn't able to make last year's countdown, since it was released too close to deadline, but it has time to shine in 2019 :clap3:

PzOJPOr.png

album #2 - Billie Eilish, WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?
"Don't you know I'm no good for you?" 
Well, ever since she debuted I never paid any attention to Billie. But this year, I decided to give her a chance with her soundtrack to Roma and then Bury a Friend, both of which slayed me hard :jonny: Tbh I low-key can't stand her personality, but she slays with her haunting music :jonny: Idk, but something about the themes she brought up in her songs, her sound and voice just connects with me. It's a bit fun, open-hearted and weird album, that I found somehow very likeable. 
some favorites: when the party's over, xanny, wish you were gay, listen before i go, ilomilo

nbqjcyK.png

single #2 - Miley Cyrus, Mother's Daughter
"Don't **** with my freedom" 
I've said already few times during this countdown, how sad, that 'normal' Miley served quality and flopped. This song should've been her smash. Female empowerment anthem used as opener to her EP and new already cancelled ( :skull: ) era just snaps you in the face with its message. It's simple, but it's effective, it's memorable and song sounds incredibly fresh. Even provocative and over-the-top video doesn't seem try-hard like her Dead Petz efforts. Too bad everything remains unnoticed :'(

rGVU9t4.png

album #1 - Ariana Grande, thank u, next
"After laughter comes tears" 
Just few years ago I wouldn't believe that Ms. Grande is capable of creating such an great pop record like this. Last-year's Sweetener was basically a 'sweetener' ( :skull: ) for what's coming. Fast-moving, unexpectable and rushed release of TUN makes it even more honest and bright. Pretty much perfect 2019 pop record. Good work, Ari :clap3:

some favorites: NASA, in my head, ghostin, fake smile

dROZCf9.png

single #1 - Ariana Grande, 7 rings
"I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it" 
There's so many things were told about this song, but I need to just say it's a major bop - fun, over-the-top, trap pop track with unusual and smart use of classic sample, so you just find herself bopping to it. It wasn't instant smash for me, but it grows with time and basically stays in my playlist over the entire year.

kilr122.png

y'all can catch up with me Decade End list there :eli: 

5fUBrew.png

Edited by TheWayWeWere

I totally didn’t expect that :eek: Wish I could relate, but this album did nothing to me, apart from that the list was amazing! You served taste and interesting presentation :clap3: 

Ariana slaying the album and singles chart  :clap3:

Also Billie's album and Miley's Mother's Daughter  :alexz:

• ATRL Moderator

Mother Daughter it's amazing :jonny2:

One of Miley's best songs!!!!

Thank u, next is Ariana's most cohesive album in my opinion, even though I prefer Dangerous Woman :giraffe:

Congrats on finishing your list :heart2:

Ariana slaying the #1 on both albums and singles... queen :alexz2:

Hmmm Ariana all over the place, well now I can understand "yes, I'm basic bitch" :keir: At least the title track and album are generally nice. 7 rings, meh... my least favorite from the album. Mainly just enjoy the bridge. My trinity is in your favorites - ghostin, NASA & in my head! (in that order) WWAFA,WDWG? yup yup!!! :sats: If you haven't already then get into her EP, I actually think it's the slightly better release. Mother's Daughter :jamming:

So this is the end? :'( If so, this was another great Best Of from ya

Freedom of Falling actually cute, not for Kim's standards but for a DJ collab I suppose :fan:

imagine was such a grower :smitten: buwyg and Charli are a bit high, both are okay at best for me :keir:

Era 1 was quite good overall, a few duds but also some major bops :jamming: Turn Off the Light tho >

Gone and Glad He's Gone back to back :toofunny3: both bops :clap3: Magdalene is obviously flawless too :smitten:

no home with you tho :emofish: t @ Tove, not her best work but still a SOLID album with huge bops :clap3:

bag guy and cellophane so high :worship2: ahhhh Billie and Ari dominating, absolutely deserved :jonny4: 

I preferred Billie's album but both are excellence :heart2: 7 rings and tu,n are some of her best songs tbh

Too much Ariana this time :eli: 

WWAFA is a great album, I love how Billie has a clear artistic vision and she executes it really well :clap3:

Congrats on finishing! This was a really enjoyable Best Of to follow overall :alexz3:

WWAFAWDWG :jonny:

Ariana sweeping the #1s :clap3:

Amazing Top 3 :worship:

Thank U, Next :heart2:

7 Rings at #1 :cool: :jamming:  :clap3:

Bad Gut at #5 :)

Ritual :) 

Don't Forget to Visit my Top 100 Countdown please!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.