TheWayWeWere's Best of 2019 | PG.13 - TOP 3 REVEALED

TheWayWeWere

thanks for comments, y'all

fgi5ECy.gif

6OOt5TF.png

album #9 - Dido, Still on My Mind
"I can't seem to find my way home"
Dido comes back once in 115 years, but she always doing it with some great music :jonny: Girl Who Got Away was questionable, even tho she still provides with some highlights, but this one is pretty amazing. Cohesive, beautiful piece of work, which also serves as some kind of return to form of her debut. Even on the weakest tracks, album stays strong. Great work :clap3:
some favorites: Take You Home, Still on My Mind, Chances, Just Because

jJ8uYZ8.png

single #9 - Tiesto, Jonas Blue & Rita Ora, Ritual
"Even when you leave my bed, you're in my head"
Ms. Ora just can't stop doing amazing dance pop bops :jonny: This is EVERYTHING. Great hook, memorable lyrics, catchy melody and beat. I can't believe this flopped :cries:

W57UTcS.png

album #8 - Charli XCX, Charli
"I go hard, I go fast and I never look back"
I can't believe we're finally here, XCX3 officially released now, what can we complain about now? :jonny: Full of star-studded collabs, productions from range of producers from Stargate to AG Cook, that album is a bit too much and too weird, but it works somehow :jonny: You know, there's music for everyone - for pop Charli fans, for indie Charli fans - and it's great. Charli remains her status as one of the most entertaining pop artists right now. 
some favorites: Cross You Out, Shake It, Next Level Charli, Silver Cross, Warm

Mz3BW55.png

single #8 - Ariana Grande, break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored
"I only hate on her 'cause I want you"
Even tho it's a bit questionable decision for closing album, this was amazing way to continue era :clap3: You know, some fun, smart pop bop with an amazing video - literally iconic. Incredibly catchy sexy gem just can't leave you emotionless :alexz2: 

5QlhmPO.png

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheWayWeWere

• Legend E

• Remmy

• Jet

6 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

this :jonny: 

not my favorite from album, but one of those tracks that I would save for shorter version of it :fan: 

I feel u! ?

A bit conflicted over both of your #8s :mandown: My #1 from Charli (CYO) is in your faves and then the rest are probably on the lower half of my ranking :mandown: It's true that her album has something for every type of Charli fan, so luckily I'm still able to take away a decent amount of gems.

• ATRL Moderator

BUWYG,IB is cute but there are better songs on thank u, next :mandown:

Charli!!! :jonny5: Finally a Warm stan like me, also agreed with your track choices.  Break Up was my least fave on TU,N :noparty:

Ritual was my Song of the Summer :jonny5:

Ariana :heart2:

Wait, so you stan Queens of Pop Who Are Serving Quality 3 decades Into Their Carreers from Madead X? :jonny5: we LOVE to see that

0YlqORO.gif

Yesss ari-a-nuh.

break up with ya girlfrieeeeeend yuh yuh cuz i'm boooooooooooooored

0YlqORO.gif

I missed checking Dido this year, not expecting anything too great but maybe there's something worth keeping. I think the last song I heard from her was No Freedom.

BUWYG is a choice :eli:

break up with your girlfriend is a bop  :clap3:

I haven't checked Dido's full album yet but I liked Hurricanes, Take You Home, Friends and Give You Up.

yesss Rita and Ari :D

last update before top 5

fgi5ECy.gif

ByGsW8t.png

album #7 - Kim Petras, Era 1 / The Singles Collection*
"I wanna party with Jesus" 
It's a bit '*' case, since there's no album as this, but this year marks official ending of her stand-alone single releases and she teased this compilation a bit :fan: So I decided to still put it up together and gave it a place in this countdown. Combined out of track released since 2017 this compilation includes basically her carreer highlights :jonny: I know, everyone loved Clarity and TOTL, but no tracks from these releases hits as hard as Era 1 tracks. Like, literally everything song is a pop perfection on its own. We need a minute to appreciate that talent :eli:
some favorites: Hillside Boys, Heart to Break, 1-2-3 dayz up, I Don't Want It At All, If U Think About Me

gyM8S46.png

single #7 - Charli XCX & Christine and the Queens, Gone
"I feel so unstable, ****ing hate these people" 
Charli served some really dream collabs this year (Sky, HAIM), but the real and the best one presented on this song - incredible pop gem that just punches you trough the listening. They had such an amazing chemistry, both with their voices and during physical appearances :jonny:

mTpDa1H.png

album #6 - FKA twigs, MAGDALENE
"Silent are my heart strings" 
Nothing much to say about this. I used to lover her debut, but over all this ending, I would never see her topping it. But she did. This album is masterpiece. One of my favorite records this decade. If it was released early, it would've been easy #1 here. 
some favorites: mary magdalene, sad day, mirrored heart, fallen alien

qHjHaUt.png

single #6 - Tove Lo, Glad He's Gone
"Never no tears for that sucker" 
After serving sex-influenced bops on last two records, Tove releases one of her most relatable single ever. Like, everyone was in situation with ****ty girlfriend/boyfriend of your best friend. I've been basically involved in similar situation earlier this year, so I feel every line of this song :jonny: Cute, smart and fun pop bop deserves much more attention than it gets. 

LiD21nJ.png

• ATRL Moderator

I'm not a fan of Tove Lo but she's serving budget with the music video of Glad He's Gone :jonny6:

23 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

album #8 - Charli XCX, Charli
"I go hard, I go fast and I never look back"
I can't believe we're finally here, XCX3 officially released now, what can we complain about now? :jonny: Full of star-studded collabs, productions from range of producers from Stargate to AG Cook, that album is a bit too much and too weird, but it works somehow :jonny: You know, there's music for everyone - for pop Charli fans, for indie Charli fans - and it's great. Charli remains her status as one of the most entertaining pop artists right now. 
some favorites: Cross You Out, Shake It, Next Level Charli, Silver Cross, Warm

Mz3BW55.png

single #8 - Ariana Grande, break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored
"I only hate on her 'cause I want you"
Even tho it's a bit questionable decision for closing album, this was amazing way to continue era :clap3: You know, some fun, smart pop bop with an amazing video - literally iconic. Incredibly catchy sexy gem just can't leave you emotionless :alexz2: 

5QlhmPO.png

8 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

single #7 - Charli XCX & Christine and the Queens, Gone
"I feel so unstable, ****ing hate these people" 
Charli served some really dream collabs this year (Sky, HAIM), but the real and the best one presented on this song - incredible pop gem that just punches you trough the listening. They had such an amazing chemistry, both with their voices and during physical appearances :jonny:

mTpDa1H.png

Love these, and AGAIN I love that you Imagine top 10 :clap3:

Break up with your girlfriend and Ritual are okay, but both Ari & Rita have done better things this year

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.