Billboard Charts (March 17-23, 2019)

Ger

20 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

@Ger-55 @brianc33710

The airplay number one song with the lowest listener impressions of the 21st century thus far is Aaliyah's "Try Again" which peaked at 92M AI circa. June 17, 2000.

That same week it became the first airplay-only song to top the Hot 100 without a physical/retail release.

If this week's Hot 100 is to go by then I believe that, much sooner rather than later, we will see an airplay number one song peak with ~95M listener impressions via. Billboard/BDS and ~120M listener impressions via. Mediabase. 

We haven't had a song hit over 160M listener impressions via. Billboard/BDS for almost two years now. Ed Sheeran's "Shape Of You" peaking atop airplay with 180M listener impressions via. Billboard/BDS and 250M via. Mediabase seems so distant.

Perfect and Meant To Be were the only to songs to reach 200 M impressions last year on MB, and, though I no longer have a way to look up the exact totals, I think that they just barely broke the 200 M barrier too.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptique

• Ger

• Enoch

• Green

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, slw84 said:

Hihi 

in this new new era I can’t even tell the difference because only few “feel” like #1s anymore. But the charts have always been a game.

Yeah. Just ask Thinking Out Loud, Sugar, and Trap Queen lol.

11 hours ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Poorly as expected. Not within the top 200... probably under 200K streams everyday :doc: 

honestly talking ( @simmnfierzig @iHype.) - adding it to new music friday would do any signifficant change?

Shallow spending a 5th week in the Top 10 :rip: The threads that were made in October saying "Shallow only spent 2 weeks in the Top 10, why?" look hella dumb now 

7 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

4. Sunflower 245 (-2)

5. Without Me 243 (-2)

7. Happier 203 (=)

They just won't die :rip:

Is Cardi being credited on Thotianna?

20 minutes ago, Summerboy said:

Is Cardi being credited on Thotianna?

Not on the chart that was posted in full today. Just cause she isn't doesn't mean she can't be added any other week if her version contributes to the majority of the song's points.

3 hours ago, slw84 said:

Why do you make it appear as if Rihanna couldn’t debut at #1 during a “strong” week.

shes Rihanna and people are desert thirsty for new music from her.

I didnt make it, Rihanna is one of the most legendary artists on music industry and of course she has the power, the point is after Loud era she likes to sabotage herself to promote singles...

At this point, Posty is coming for #2 this week.

2 hours ago, Chainsmoker said:

They just won't die :rip:

I like WM but it needs to free fall on radio already. Ariana will get block again if it doesn't. :biblio:

2 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

Nnnnnnn, I see they're trying. 7r is endanger.:dancehall:

I’m pretty sure Rih would debut at #1 right now. As long as she finally releases on a Friday she’s got it.

Taylor would too but we’ll see about longevity. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Gaga debuted at #1 if she’s releasing before Taylor :rip: I mean I don’t wanna jump the gun but with a video and proper Spotify push I could see it. She won’t have longevity though in the US most likely.

7 hours ago, UNNAMI said:

honestly talking ( @simmnfierzig @iHype.) - adding it to new music friday would do any signifficant change?

Not sure what song this is about, but sure Spotify playlists are very important. But also TTH >>>>>

I would be very surprised if Rihanna didn’t debut at #1 if she released on a Friday. The problem is she likes to self sabotage and release on Tuesdays :eli:

taylor would also undoubtedly debut at #1 too if she dropped something rn

AlexStexaul
On 3/19/2019 at 9:43 AM, Rentboy said:

No big Gaga fan but Shallow has clearly proved to be a very strong durable hit song and has a truly wide demographic appeal that the general public at large are a part of. I feel many other so called big hits do not resonate with the GP at all. Just a certain demo appeal. Its strong globally too. Very worthy number one. It earned it the hard way. ps; I still think its a bit dull but thats not the point.

:clap3:

7 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

The fact that Posty could have 5 #1's already if he had release a real video for Better Now on time  :jonny:

Now he's sabotaging himself again releasing the Wow video when the tracking week is almost over :toofunny3:

Wow is so low-key but slaying. :rip:

1 hour ago, One Nation said:

It's actually really surprising and it shows the power Posty has. The song was just released as another track, not a commercial single at all (I mean, just watch the first video on YT :rip:) since it was all over "Sunflower" at that time. It had great performance on iTunes and especially on Spotify that the label decided to make it a single and send it to the radios.

8 hours ago, One Nation said:

Post is a juggernaut. The next lead single he drops is gonna be massive. They should wait till Wow peaks on radio and then drop the lead. His singles have crazy longevitiy too. 

Rockstar - 25 weeks top 10

Psycho - 21 weeks

Better Now - 19 weeks

Sunflower - 15 weeks, still at #2 this week

Wow. - 9 weeks, just hit the top 5 and hasn’t peaked yet

Early predictions

Who knows how accurate this will be....

1 7 Rings       316  (=)

2 Wow       286  (+3)

3 Sunflower       282 (-1)  

4 Without Me       280  (-1)

5 Please Me       260  (-1)

6 Happier       222  (+1)

7 Middle Child       213 (+1) 

8 Shallow       199  (+1)

9 Going Bad       199  (+5)

10 Thotiana       195  (+1)

11 Eastside       194  (+2)

12 Sicko Mode       193  (-2)

13 High Hopes       193  (-1)

14 Sucker       191  (-8)

15 Murder On My Mind       185  (+2)

16 Thank U, Next       183  (=)

17 Better       176  (+2)

18 Dancing With A Stranger       174  (=)

19 Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored       174  (-4)

20 Girls Like You       169  (=)

21 Sweet But Psycho 165 (+1)

28 Close To Me 130 (+3)

36 Old Town Road 108 (+15)

56 Act Up 80 (+7)

90 Sally Walker 60 (debut)

NA R.I.P. 40 

6 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

28 Close To Me 130 (+3)

Finally coming :duca: 

12 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

8 Shallow       199  (+1)

:-*

13 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

9 Going Bad       199  (+5)

One step closer to breaking the all time top ten record

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.