KasioKas' BEST of 2018! - #1 Album/EP #1 SONG FINAL UPDATE!!

KasioKas

2 minutes ago, Dom said:

yeah, trash label and even trashier songs. 3beat, still living of sigma money.

Not anymore ebcause his album didn't even go to top 10. :beatfreak:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KasioKas

• prézli

• Blue Rose

• TheWayWeWere

3 minutes ago, prézli said:

YAS, page 2, our impact.

should've done this in my best of page :eli: 

anyways sigma is over and so is 3beat.

18 minutes ago, prézli said:

YAS, page 2, our impact.

15 minutes ago, Dom said:

should've done this in my best of page :eli: 

anyways sigma is over and so is 3beat.

:fan:

RdcnQ2p.png

SONGS LIST (150 - 131)

150. Camila Cabello - "She Loves Control"

140. Jessie J – “Petty”

149. Tinashe – “Stuck With Me” (feat. Little Dragon)

139. Camila Cabello – “Into It”

148. Tinashe - Like I Used To

138. Luis Fonsi, Demi Lovato – “Échame La Culpa”

147. Bruno Mars, Cardi B – “Finesse (Remix)”

(This is just about the only Cardi feature I enjoyed so much I included it in my list, they go well together, but it got old fast because I’d already over played the original)

137. Jessie J – “Dangerous”

146. Calvin Harris, Sam Smith – “Promises”

(It’s no question why this was such a hit in the UK, it’s a great record by an unlikely pair. Sam deserves it for bringing life to this great track)

136. Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa – “One Kiss”

(Calvin got another multi-week hit alongside Dua and as much as I enjoyed this, I still don’t get its domination here in the UK. It got old fast imo but is still a cool pop track)

145. Duke Dumont, Ebenezer – “Inhale”

(Gotta thank Spotify for helping me discover this fun track, it was on repeat at the start of the year)

135. Camila Cabello – “All These Years”

144. Tinashe – “Me So Bad” (feat. Ty Dolla $ign & French Montana)

134. Ariana Grande – “the light is coming” (feat. Nicki Minaj)

(I’ve gone through so many periods of love and hate with this song, but ultimately it’s not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, and I enjoy it. I just pretend the mv does not exist...)

143. Todrick Hall – “B”

(Listen, I often dislike Todrick as much as the next guy, but this is such a bop and it’s a shame everyone overlooked his album because he’s so cringe sometimes. I enjoyed several songs by him and his co-stars on the ‘Forbidden’ Visual Album)

133. Ryan Destiny – “The Same”

(I’m glad Ryan released a solo track this year, she’s v. underutilised in her “STAR” tv show and deserves success solo!)

142. Tinashe – “Faded Love” (feat. Future)

132. Keke Palmer – “Better to Have Loved”

141. Betty Who – “Just Thought You Should Know”

131. Victoria Monet – “Ten New Friends”

(An excellent tongue-in-cheek masturbation song penned by the great Victoria, this is a bop and if she had the balls to make it a single it might’ve taken off!)

sLb2REO.png

Albums List (30-21)

(Each album featured on this list will include two of my favourites)

30. The Colour of You - Alina Baraz

300d89ae32fc764a72bea56f3236109d.1000x1000x1.jpg

(So I became a massive fan of Sabrina Claudio after discovering her from Spotify... until the racist tweets were uncovers and her half-***ed apology made me opt out of listening to her, and so alot of people began calling Alina a great alternative. While I personally disagree, this album is still cute and I enjoy a handful of tracks from it, so it's included as the lowest entry on my album list)

Recommend: Floating (feat. Khalid)  //  High

29. A Wrinkle in Time (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

WrinkleInTimeSoundtrack.jpg?resize=600,600

(Odd entry I know, but it's because I enjoyed a handful of entries by artists Chloe x Halle, Kehlani etc that was included on this at the time (beginning of the year) where there was a lack of new music, can't say much about this because I don't listen to this as much anymore and never saw the film.)

Recommend: Warrior (Chloe x Halle)  //  Let Me Live (Kehlani)

28. ULTRAVIOLET - Justine Skye

Image result for ULTRAVIOLET - Justine Skye

(I'm surprised this was looked over so much because I thought it was a solid record, it's just that it got old quite quickly for me personally. Idk the background to her release or her previous singles because I just discovered her this year but I remember ATRL didn't like this either. Still it has some solid tracks and listening to them again now, it deserved better.)

Recommend: Goodlove  //  Don't Think About It

27. Man of the Woods - Justin Timberlake

Image result for Man of the Woods - Justin Timberlake

(This album is NOT as bad as everyone makes it out to be, although Pharell doing the whole album was a choice... he didn't exactly ruin the album; it has quite a few tracks I enjoy, and although I was disappointed it wasn't as good as The 20/20, there are about 8 tracks I had on repeat when it was released.)

Recommend: Man of the Woods  //  Supplies // Filthy

26. Joyride - Tinashe

220px-Tinashe_-_Joyride_(Official_Album_Cover).png

(So i've never been aboard the Tinashe obsession train, she throws song after song into the stratosphere and nothing ever sticks but her fan base still reveres her. But this year she actually made music I found appealing. Faded Love is an amazing pop track and I wish she didn't rent a rapper for it,  and Ooh La La should've been a single. I wonder if she'll ever make something that the GP clicks with but this was the right step forward. (Also singles after this album "Like I Used To" & "Throw a Fit" are def on my songs list, great pop songs)

Recommend: Ooh La La  //  Me So Bad (feat. Ty Dolla $ign & French Montana)

25. READY - Ella Mai

1487968242_3bdf5a9614f197be737014d65c150687.jpg

(So I haven't heard her 2018 album yet and this is my only frame of reference to her music, and it's a really decent EP. This was apparently released in 2017 but Boo'd Up was released in '18 and that's when most people discovered her. I was impartial to it at first but it grew on me and it's a cute track, but songs like Breakfast in Bed & Nobody Else are superior imo. Like Kehlani & Sza, she insists on having commentary after the song (what's with this bloody trend amongst new RnB girls??) and it's my greatest pet peeve because it reduces replay-ability so much! Nevertheless it's made its mark on  my list.)

Recommend: Breakfast In Bed  //  Boo'd Up

24. All of Us - June's Diary

Image result for june's diary all of us ep

(Finally a body of original work from this girl group, and it's a solid first attempt! Alot of the songs released here showcase their beautiful harmonies and although I could do without the Jussie featured song, all of the other tracks on this EP are great and could've been pushed as singles. I hope their lyricism improves in their future work and they take greater risks vocally but as a way of keeping fans interested as they move forward, it's a cute EP. I have no idea what's next for them but I'm holding out hope that there will be more music (or at least covers) in 2019.)

Recommend: Good Time  //  Take Me

23. PTX Presents: Top Pop, Vol. I - Pentatonix

600x600bf.jpg

(Some decent pop song covers are on this record, adding a **** ton of harmonies to recent hits. Unsurprisingly, alot of them aren't ruined, because they're professionals. They even attempted the high notes of the originals "Sorry Not Sorry" & "Praying" and nailed it. It's a cute cover album everyone should at least check out, but IDK if I want a Vol. II... Even their original music attempt last year was just okay.. do they just excel at Xmas music? I'd rather see them attempt their own and stray away from the "Cover Group" label.)

Recommend: Stay  //  Feel It Still // Attention

22. Camila - Camila Cabello

268x0w.jpg

(Whew! I was sooo excited for this after having heard Real Friends, Havana & I Have Questions (my personal fave).. Was I disappointed? Not really? The album is "fun", but that's it. It's not particularly interesting lyrically, vocally or production wise. It kind of came and went. I found my self revisiting it throughout the year but it never felt like a contender for my favourite album of the year. My point is she could have done better, but let's not forget this is only a DEBUT, and for that I say well done. "Something's Gotta Give" & "Consequences" are great ballads (and i'm to believe she penned the majority of this album) and "Into It" is a cute pop track. Others like "Inside Out" and "In The Dark" however, hold this back because lyrically it's so poor I can't replay it too often.)

Recommend: Never Be the Same  //  Real Friends // Havana

21. Betty, Pt. 1 - EP - Betty Who

Image result for Betty, Pt. 1 - EP������� - Betty Who

(I'm so disgusted at how vastly overlooked this EP has been; I know nothing of Betty but this EP has so many bops and she sounds great vocally! There are a handful of songs I kept on repeat throughout the year and i'd recommend anyone who is a pop fan to stream this and let me know what you think. I'll def keep an eye out for her. At least check out the recommended tracks below, she's p. great and i'm really glad I discovered her this year!)

Recommend: Taste  //  Look Back

We'll be getting into my fave top 20 very soon! :jonny:

5 hours ago, Dom said:

the light is coming would have been better without onika.

finesse so low , oh wow.

I lowkey agree, I don't think she added much to it, but since it's in the beginning and then she's gone idc.

Finesse got old fast for me

On 12/11/2018 at 4:48 PM, Superpower said:

I loved all these shows except the cartoon (idk her)

Santa Clarita Diet getting some love :clap3: 

Awesome! I hope you check out the others coming tmmrw!

58 minutes ago, prézli said:

Ew @ Jessie J & Man of the Woods

Yeah @ Tinashe 

Jessie's album is cute idk. EMBRACE MOTW INTO YOUR LIFE @prézli

--

Updates!

@Maddox @Remmy @Wicked @jpow @TheWayWeWere @Oxygen @B'Day @Bxtch

Calvin singles deserved more but hey they made it to the list, at least :eli: 

Finesse :heart2: Bruno best song, luv it so much 

Check out Ella Mai album btw! It’s great 

• ATRL Moderator

tinashe repping, jessie J I-, ooh one kiss,  omg tlic stan!, 
alina >> sabrina fyi but I don't see the similarity much
ultraviolet being so high. goodlove yaas 
ooh joyride
didn't know june's diary released omg
betty who I-, camila :mandown:

Songs: Promises, Faded Love and Like I Used To are decent. One Kiss :smiley:
Finesse (Original) goes off :katie2: Just Thought You Should Know, so damn good :worship2:
Albums: I agree MotW is overhated but it still could've been a lot better :gaycat3:
Joyride did basically nothing for me, absolutely nothing. Betty's EP is one of my 2018 faves.

songs: SLC is cute, but ages badly for me tbh :skull: Faded Love is too low :jonny: it's Tinasha magnum opus tbh :alexz: Just Thought You Should Know :alexz3:

albums: both MOTW and Joyride were promising, but tbh ends up being disappointing :michael: Betty EP over Camila :jonny2: 

I haven't even gave Joyride a listen, will do though. Nice setup.

Gave up on Grace And Frankie a long time ago, good to hear it's still good! I get the Jack Ryan appeal but it's not for me.

And i absolutely agree on Insecure! You can tell there's been some massive changes in most characters (notably Issa). Kelli getting more screentime was a blessing, also less Lawrence was very helpful lol.

Ooh La La is a TUNE!

Santa Clarita Diet & Insecure are my favorites of the TV set. I agree its the best season though.

Santa Clarita Diet went from bad-mediocre to mediocre-good.

The Color Of You and MOTW :clap3: 

both made it to my list as well :eek: 

Promises is too low :biblio: 

blrQ7QU.png

SHOW LIST (5 - 1)

**There may be spoilers in the write-ups so please take caution*

5. Attack on Titan

tumblr_oq9nr4jne61vfdmp1o1_500.giftumblr_ofv620keXR1tdnwpwo1_500.giftumblr_pewjcelMsn1sebz5yo1_500.gif

Less action, more plot development, still excellent. This is without a doubt one of the best anime’s i’ve ever seen, the animation alone is so spectacular I can’t take my eyes off of the screen (See some awesome gifs above), and finally getting answers to questions from season 1 is a relief, as is seeing old background characters getting main plotlines that lead to powerful positions in politics and character development. I feel moments of joy, bewilderment and anger each week I watch a new ep and hate that I have to wait for a new one to see what happens next. I can’t recommend this one enough! Top tier anime. :clap3:

tumblr_ons7iiVVjN1w7w0i3o1_500.gif

4. Westworld

tumblr_pibrcwsZ291ufcp02o4_400.giftumblr_p6d9np3Zsg1rpe0nao1_400.gif

I don’t know how anyone can keep up with this show without running to reddit after each ep airs to try to make sense of the episodes along with the community and see things you completely missed being mentioned, because this show’s trope of highlighting slight details that are huge clues later in the season, and quality SPECTACULAR acting is such a sight to behold. Not since Orphan Black have I been so flawed by excellent acting in a tv show, by those that play ‘Hosts’. Evan Rachel Wood, Thandie Newton and Jeffrey Wright are perfectly placed in these roles and the plot is so brilliant in its twisted timelines and gory action that it’s no question that HBO has struck gold yet again. The world building, the writing (!!!), the characters; there’s not one loose thread here and it’s a breath of fresh air to watch a show not riddled with plot holes or useless characters. Season two is even more wild, confusing and beautiful and it's clear that the show's gigantic budget is being put to good use! Love this one!

3. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

:3rdplace:

tumblr_pjh8l5tG3C1qisc9uo2_400.giftumblr_p1s00wHvP81sznjqyo2_400.gif

I was very hesitant to start another american comedy because lord knows they're all very hit or miss (usually a miss) but my goodness is this show a speciality. It's incredibly charming and literally laugh out loud funny! Rachel aces her role here as the lead and fortunately doesn't have to carry the show on her back because there are a slew of supporting characters that hold their own and bring just as much humour to the show, that i'm never displeased when she isn't in a scene. I'm so pleased I was recommended this and i'm also thrilled that season 2 maintains the charm as each character continues to be a delightful watch. The introduction of Zachary Levi is very welcome as their chemistry on screen is brilliant; and how can I not mention the incredible world building, the show is so beautiful in it's colourful scenes of the world and it's fashion that matches the time period of the show. I haven't finished S2 and quite frankly I don't want too, I'm enjoying it too much!

2. Killing Eve

:2ndplace:

tumblr_pfgf3cFu4v1x8yjt1o1_540.giftumblr_pfc1qzT6fi1wcrw7bo5_r1_540.giftumblr_p9l45shieD1tdvob9o1_500.gif

Sandra Oh’s done it again!, chosen a show she excels in alongside an actress and character I dare say sometimes steals the show. Jodie’s portrayal of Villanelle is also brilliant and she deserves the acclaim for her acting chops on this show. I do hope the writing keeps up heading into season 2 because this one’s a hit I won’t be missing out on and have recommended to all of my peers. The show isn’t without it’s flaws, but of the shows i’ve seen in 2018 this is definitely a cut above the rest! The plot is really enticing and kept me on the edge wanting to know more after each ep. Villanelle's murder scenes are entertaining to watch (and slightly creative) and Oh's character Eve's approach of being fascinated by the villain rather than obsessed with taking them down is different. Is this a budding love story? Is Eve on path to become a partner or witness a murder by Villanelle herself? Will they be friends or will Eve put her behind bars? The show can go either way and i'm excited to see the continuation to its story!

tumblr_p7yepkAPhD1r9zeo4o1_500.gif

1.  Bojack Horseman

:1stplace:

tumblr_osxtugPg8d1qf74vpo1_500.giftumblr_nut1ig9UML1qzd6kwo1_400.gif

So after many, many recommendations to watch this, I forced myself through season 1 and thought “okay, it was decent”... but season 2 and onwards? WHAT. A. SHOW. Every character is relatable, but flawed, and funny, yet sad, makes you laugh and makes you angry, and says things that are scarily accurate. When the show takes quips at real life events or actors it’s hilarious. The background gags and details in decor and continuity are all a testament to the show’s extreme quality and I don’t understand how it hasn't received a slew of awards yet because it’s top notch! I love every single character (except Todd, a waste of screentime imo) as they go through real life experiences with uncomfortable truth about the world and their experiences. Every single episode has a quote that hits you in the gut because it's something you've either been through or can imagine happening to you. I could go on for hours on why this is one of the best shows airing right now, and that everyone should check it out at least once, and I just know i’ll be re-watching episodes awaiting season 6 because i’m now a massive, massive fan.

tumblr_nt1lpuSQtv1tcsgn2o1_500.gif

That's my top 10 of 2018 folks!

Alina And Justine :heart2: 

also Bojack And Westworld :heart2: I still need to start Killing Eve

Yes Maisel yes taste!! Imma need Rachel to win her second emmy next year, **** Veep.

Also nice to find someone else who's not very fond of Todd. I feel like he became more disposable the moment he became distant from BoJack. And his storyline, while fun was kinda the weakest of the season. Still a very good show!!

For the most part Killing Eve was fine. Hoping next year won't get worse

Nooo I love Todd why don't you like him? 

Nice list of shows + glad you finally watched BoJack :clap3: I need to finish Westworld... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.