KasioKas' BEST of 2018! - #1 Album/EP #1 SONG FINAL UPDATE!!

KasioKas

OMG @ that #1. :jonny: 

How Long is so nice. 

The bass line is so unique. :jonny: 

Charlie really deserves his Grammys nomination this year. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KasioKas

• prézli

• Blue Rose

• TheWayWeWere

Songs: goodnight n go + no tears left to cry :jamming: Both are on the better half of the album!

Albums: I can't say I'm shocked about the top 2 :keir: Sweatener is a mix of greatness and messiness, by far her weakest release. Singular is pretty cute and kinda better than expected? Your Ari recommendations are pretty solid as well.

Almost Love & Paris are excellent get some taste.

The Love Simon track is just okay.

I put a smiley face next to them get some GLASSES. Just okay??? Oh wow oh wow

I love GnG just as much as the next but I think NTLTC is better :sorry: 

Cigarette is a nice lil bop :clap3: 

8 hours ago, KasioKas said:

Loved Victoria this year, amazing EP's. Couldn't help but place her very high because I was thoroughly entertained. Did you listen/enjoy her music this year?

Of course, even thought I don't remember much lol. I'm waiting for a full debut album already.

Goodnight n go and NTLTC are 2 of Ariana’s best songs. 

Not very familiar with most of this update 

NTLTC in top 10 :clap3: this is such a great comeback :jonny: Goodnight n Go in top 10 too :jonny2: her version is EVERYTHING

Cigarette is a major bop :katie2: it's everything that Girls tries to be :eli:

This set isn't quite the tea for me, I need to hear your #9 song though.

RdcnQ2p.png

SONGS LIST (05 - 01)

05. Sabrina Carpenter - Sue Me

Image result for Sabrina Carpenter � �Bad Time�

(After having heard the pre-release singles I was not sure i'd find anything I would love more than Almost Love. Vocally, she sounds so excellent and it's such a great pop track. Then I heard the EP, and Sue Me felt like a slap to the face for doubting her. I love hearing artists go OFF vocally and this song proves she can SING! :clap3:There is so much bada**ery oozing from this song, lyrically and vocally and I can't handle it. :jonny:It quickly became one of my top 5 most played songs of the entire year, having only been released early November. Sabrina is unforgiving in her delivery to whoever this song is directed at; the verses are sassy as fu** but the pre-chorus and chorus are explosive! This is exactly what I hope to hear more of from her (and other pop acts). She's excellent at delivering amazing vocals, harmonies and ad libs to songs both live and on the studio track and never seems to hold back.)

04. Brandy - Lullaby

220px-Forbidden_-_Todrick_Hall.jpg

(This is such a great track from living legend Brandy. I'm so glad I got new music from her and the sheer emotion she evokes in this song (and the MV) is intense. It tells a clear story of a mother's love and the desperation of losing a child, and best of all, her runs and harmonies throughout the track are so intoxicating too listen too on repeat! The final verse in particular where she's quite literally begging for her baby boy to not be taken from her, is so spectacular in delivery, but riddled with short but incredibly intricate runs throughout :jonny4:. Literally every line ends in a run, and it doesn't feel excessive, it feels right. There are very few people who can sing this song the way she has and this should have been a far more widely known song among RnB or Brandy fans. Exquisite track and gives me hope that the music she's recording right now will be excellent, because she's still got it! Love, love, love this song. Please check out the MV below!)

03. Jade Novah - Cosmic Love

:3rdplace:

Jade-Novah-All-Blue.jpg

(This song is so appealing to me! It's so dreamy and delightful and she sounds great and I like the production, it all just works together beautifully. This song is 100% me. Like, if I could describe myself as a song, it would be this. I fell head over heels in love with it :smitten:. It's not the lyrics, it's just the way it sounds, I know that doesn't make much sense but I love it so much. In fact, I actually thought this is what Ariana's 'Sweetener' would sound like prior to the album release. Jade's voice here is so ethereal, the pre-chorus sees her take it a little higher, with the lyrics describing her love in a short and sweet way, before the production comes centre stage in the chorus with a nice drop, and Jade's voice almost rides a wave as she sings of her longing for Cosmic Love. The final verse where the lead vocal is perfectly entwined with the background vocal that it sounds like two people singing, and then as the final chorus plays she's just running in the background:jonny5:. Bitch. This is IT!! It's such a spectacular track. :heart2:)

02. Troye Sivan - My My My!

:2ndplace:

71wsn UageL._SY355_.jpg

(Troye won me over big time with this song. It is the best song he has ever recorded, period, and according to him recently, his favourite song that he's ever written. Troye's voice is very sultry, especially when he sings in a lower register, but what took me by surprise was the absolutely EXPLOSIVE chorus. It's so bloody catchy but so well sung. It makes for an extremely fun dance track that I was obsessed with throughout the year. I hoped that the entire album was riddled with phenomenal vocals like this and was left very disappointed, but nevertheless this song is one of the best pop songs released in 2018 hands down, no other male that I listened to this year came close to this brilliance. The production is great as well, especially the intro, and this is one of the few songs on the album where he adds some great ad libs to the song (still have no idea why he didn't do more with the other tracks but w/e) that made it that much better.)

01. Ariana Grande - breathin'

:1stplace:

Image result for Ariana Grande �¢ï¿½ï¿½ �¢ï¿½ï¿½borderline�¢ï¿½ï¿½ (feat. Missy Elliott)

(Let me start by saying, this song's lyrics are the #1 reason I love it. Hands down. I personally had a horrible year. Like, quite literally one of the worst of my life. My depression was at an all time high and I was very unhappy for months. You know how they say music is healing? This song helped. When I heard the album, this for me (like for many other fans) was a standout. But like I said, not because of the excellent vocals, but the message. The verses, pre-chorus, chorus, all too relatable. It hit me like a ton of bricks.

The very first words "Some days, things just take way too much of my energy
I look up and the whole room's spinning
" SPOT. ON.

I needed a song like this to help get me out of my ****ty mood this year. I dance to it when i' m happy, and it helps me feel slightly better when i'm down, it's a constant reminder. A mental push to be better, to strive for positivity. That you can get through it, however severe "it" might be.

Now the vocals; this is easily one of the best songs on the album. It's the song that reminds me the most of the Dangerous Woman era, where vocally she held nothing back and just unleashed her emotions into the microphone. Every high note, every ad lib, perfectly done. Never too much, just enough to make the powerful message of the song heard. It encompasses the overall message of the album superbly and i'd imagine is her exact feelings prior to the tragic terrorist events she went through. It might mean something different to everyone, but for me, this was the best song of 2018, as well as my most played song of 2018 by a large margin.)

Therein lies my top 150 songs of the year. I hope you enjoyed this, it was alot of fun to rank.

--

Here is my LastFM top 5 artists apparently:

Ps1aCYQ.png

I'm not surprised they're all female. :fan: (The plays are inaccurate I think.)

Thank you.

Brandy released this year? :fan: 

Breathin #1 :jonny: deserved :alexz: one of the best pop songs of the year

On 12/23/2018 at 11:04 PM, Coklek92 said:

Heard about Sabrina before but never give her a chance. I'll do it later :gaycat3:

Please do, I guarantee you'll find something you like on that excellent EP if you're a pop music fan.

On 12/23/2018 at 11:21 PM, Bxtch said:

Bitch both sets are amazing! the taste JUMPED OUT :jonny5:

no tears left to cry, Teenager In Love, goodnight n go and How Long :heart2: (I need to check out Cigarette :soda:)

Perfect top 3 for albums :clap3: (if I did one mixing EPs + albums it would be the same  :eli:) I didn't expect Sabrina to snatch the #1 tho! :eek: 

Really glad you enjoyed both recommendations:hug:  

Thank you so much babe:jonny5:Sabrina scalped me she deserved #1.

On 12/23/2018 at 11:56 PM, lhdang2000 said:

OMG @ that #1. :jonny: 

How Long is so nice. 

The bass line is so unique. :jonny: 

Charlie really deserves his Grammys nomination this year. 

:jonny:YAS this How Long stanning. Someone else appreciates it's slayage.

On 12/24/2018 at 1:32 AM, Remmy said:

Songs: goodnight n go + no tears left to cry :jamming: Both are on the better half of the album!

Albums: I can't say I'm shocked about the top 2 :keir: Sweatener is a mix of greatness and messiness, by far her weakest release. Singular is pretty cute and kinda better than expected? Your Ari recommendations are pretty solid as well.

I put a smiley face next to them get some GLASSES. Just okay??? Oh wow oh wow

Was that shade re: my top 2 bitch? nn

On 12/24/2018 at 2:42 AM, Jet said:

I love GnG just as much as the next but I think NTLTC is better :sorry: 

Cigarette is a nice lil bop :clap3: 

Lies, GnG is a masterpiece. :keir:

On 12/24/2018 at 12:37 PM, Mark Rih said:

Yess @ NTLTC and How Long, both pop excellence :clap3:

YES:clap3::clap3:

On 12/24/2018 at 2:21 PM, Superpower said:

Goodnight n go and NTLTC are 2 of Ariana’s best songs. 

Not very familiar with most of this update 

Oh wow taste I agree. :clap3:

On 12/24/2018 at 5:29 PM, TheWayWeWere said:

NTLTC in top 10 :clap3: this is such a great comeback :jonny: Goodnight n Go in top 10 too :jonny2: her version is EVERYTHING

Cigarette is a major bop :katie2: it's everything that Girls tries to be :eli:

WOW at all of this tea I love you :clap3::clap3:

On 12/24/2018 at 11:04 PM, potent said:

This set isn't quite the tea for me, I need to hear your #9 song though.

Yeah check it out tell me what you think.

On 12/26/2018 at 5:26 PM, Maddox said:

Mabel's part in Cigarette is kind of a turn off but i don't mind it much. Still a bop!

NTLTC :clap3: 

Agreed, a highlight on the EP for me personally. :clap3:

6 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Brandy released this year? :fan: 

Breathin #1 :jonny: deserved :alexz: one of the best pop songs of the year

Nnn see what I mean, barely anyone knew. Listen to it and tell me what you think :emofish:

OP finally fully updated after multiple attempts. :ace:

• ATRL Moderator

NTLTC outsold!!  Glad Breathing was inspiring to you though. 

YAS @ SUE ME IN TOP 5. :jonny5: 

TABS ONLY. :jonny5: 

breathin' is a bit overrated tho. :katie: 

It's still a cute #1. :clap3: 

loving this top 2 whew!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.