Survivor: ATRL Edition (Season 8) | FINAL. TRIBAL. COUNCIL!!

rl231

k i’m here

stream kiss and make up guys

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buddy!

• thecptz

• Element

• rl231

Top Posters In This Topic

are they though 

knock knock

god is a woman

im gonna do a round of blackops 4, l8er homos

2 minutes ago, T-Swizz said:

Some insider info: One person tanked an entire tribe's average 

7R5yIYN.jpg

its gonna be buddy i can feel it

XzyKEjr.gif 

3 minutes ago, T-Swizz said:

7R5yIYN.jpg

they did that

d825F9G.png

Welcome castaways to your 2nd results show! Below will be the rates of each entry from all four judges. You were all rated on a scale of 1 to 10. Your average score will be combined into an average which will determine who wins the challenge.

After I reveal the scores, I will post the final results which will include how you ranked against all castaways, and finally the overall rankings after this round.

The two tribes with the highest average scores this round will win immunity. For MY scores (rl231, hi), if you'd like an explanation, please PM the group chat where you submit your entries! I was pinch hitting tonight and had to sub in and be quick.

With that said, here are the scores…

OrGVZReERnAW958R_SOzQF1zeJTMb5-WbwpkDmEsjgyAR59xYl5GUbB0dc_o6epuaVlFz_rYtluDjWooVUwqN8kwUbwX_F7Lskt_bz7IX0QBYwb_SDOjEjJyGEb5pARdklKommZd

K$Ellie - twenty one pilots - Stressed Out

• Dylan - 7.5

• This one is a little tricky because I feel you lack the descriptive aspect of setting the scene nostalgia is supposed to stem from. However, you’re one of few whose songs clearly identify that the past is better than the present. It’s implied a lot but you have it explicitly stated and that’s always cool. I just feel like this relies on angst a lot more than nostalgia. And maybe THAT is why it’s so clear he prefers the past over the present. Overall, pretty good entry imo.

• T-Swizz - 7

• This always came across as a coming of age song to me. The artist(s) refer to how student loans and crippling social anxiety are not exactly what they were hoping for when reaching adulthood. It seems like childhood was better in comparison but it seems rather vague.

• rl231 - 7.5

• You were actually not one of the only people that sent this song, but you got it! I get why you sent it, but it falls slightly short in that they’re wishing they were back in those innocent days while not necessarily reflecting on it.

Moonlightbae - Avril Lavigne - 17

• Dylan - 9

• Avril looks back at a relationship she had at the age of seventeen during a simpler time in her life. Avril’s songwriting is always simple but effective. The walk down memory lane is there both in the lyrics and in the vibe of the track. Only thing that’s not there as much as some other entries is the longing to go back. It’s heavily implied but not stated that often. But, not a big deal for me. Another good round for you.

• T-Swizz - 9

• A bit obscure ( almost every Avril song is now a day) of a choice but i appreciate the effort. Avril does a stellar job of describing her teenage rebel era memories when she was seventeen and on top of the world. I was completely on board with the song when reading the lyrics but then I listened to the song and the production was atrocious. The track sounded nearly as dated as the lyrics and not in a good way!

• rl231 - 9

• Lyrically, it works. The song.........woo lord.

marsblyr - The Best Day - Taylor Swift

• Dylan - 6.5

• This song is more so an ode to Taylor’s mom than a song about wanting to go back to a particular time in life. There is a nostalgic vibe due to the description of specific childhood memories, but that’s not entirely the point of the song. Her mom was there for her when nobody else was and she’s thankful for that “day”. You were my favorite entry last round but this isn’t as strong to me.

• T-Swizz - 5

• The lyrics technically talk about specific moments throughout her childhood, and inherently there was a sense of nostalgia throughout the track, but she fails to say that it’s more desirable than the present. The theme of this track was Taylor’s mother, not necessarily the highlights of her past or childhood.

• rl231 - 6

Scene. -  1985 - Bowling for Soup

• Dylan - 9.5

• I actually love this. I wasn’t sure when I first saw this on the list, but I love how it’s all about being unsatisfied with the present due to a peak period in life. The constant pop culture references only help your case here. Great pick!

• T-Swizz - 10

• track didn’t necessarily have to reference the artist themself, but you addressed everything we were looking for. Great job!

• rl231 - 10

• Perfect. This was one of the songs that was almost used for an example by Element.

Speezy - I Miss the 70s - Deirdre Flint

• Dylan - 7.5

• Where the hell did you find this? Lyrically, this is pretty good but it’s super weak from a sonic perspective. It just doesn’t have that nostalgic vibe that would make me want to go back and revisit it. Still, a lot better than last round.

• T-Swizz - 9

• There’s a strong sense of nostalgia throughout the lyrics and the artist does an adequate job of tying in pop culture references as well as personal memories to a specific time period in her life.

• rl231 - 9

Xedretinz Lododnz - OneRepublic - Kids

• Dylan - 6.5

• Ugh, I really wanted this to work better than it does. It definitely has a nostalgic vibe to it so you’re already a step ahead of last round. But, the chorus literally states they don’t want to live in the past and part of the prompt this round is wanting to relive that time or era in their life. This is more so a celebration of the past than longing to go back or feel similar feelings again. I also don’t think the description of the childhood events is detailed enough. Better, but still not quite there.

• T-Swizz - 4.5

• This is pretty off-base. He never explicitly states there’s any longing to return to a specific point in his life, rather than he thoroughly enjoyed his young adulthood and plans to continue growing.

• rl231 - 6

tEvHYlp3dypPqnjefKnEnUnl__BhmGruwfZ0jdlz6Ef0gkpd4AKNknuJtQ2UyMODBTLMEzON9oFEM2z6-2Pc6b01058xT-fsloTU9iOcWgMH9LGknI6x1MPhJB7JisHUjSfQ8Hw9

Jessie Mulay - Kimbra - 90s Music

• Dylan - 6

• This is very middle of the road for me. It doesn’t really give off a sense of nostalgia sonically. I like the metaphor and the pop culture name drops but she doesn’t really describe the memories specifically or well enough. She misses and likes to reflect back on the relationship, but I’m not sure she’s really longing to go back per se. This is better than last round, but it’s not the best either.

• T-Swizz - 7

• The song has this sense of invincibility to it, like we have limitless energy when we’re growing up and Kimbra did a fantastic job of showcasing that in the production. The problem lies in that there isn’t a strong lyrical breakdown of her memories but overall, this does an adequate job of addressing a time in the past she might want to return to.

• rl231 - 7

thecptz - Ed Sheeran - Castle on the Hill

• Dylan - 9

• I really enjoy this one. The memories are described well, the aura is there, and there’s a clear longing to go back. Or in this case… experience those feelings again. Another strong round for you.

• T-Swizz - 9

• The ginger devil definitely pulled through. Had there been a few pop culture references sprinkled into the mix, this would’ve been a 10/10.

• rl231 - 9

kiiwii - Owl City - Unbelievable

• Dylan - 8

• Good. The setting of nostalgia is described very well. They’re not just describing memories, but namedopping specific products of the past. I mean, this song features Hanson which is nostalgic in itself lol. However, this is saying “those were the days” a lot more than “let’s go back!” as the prompt stated. Good, but not the best in this batch.

• T-Swizz - 9

• There’s a clear longing to return to a specific time period within the track and he drops pop culture references left and right. The only issue I had with this track was that it didn’t feel as cohesive sonically, but other that you did a great job.  

• rl231 - 8

Kylie Jenner - Anne-Marie - 2002

• Dylan - 8

• I feel like the part in the prompt about the past being more desirable than the present is tainting some otherwise excellent entries.This track nails every aspect of the prompt besides that part. I can reason that she’d like to go back and experience this time again as it’s obvious she loved it, but other entries don’t make us assume that. Regardless, MUCH better than last time.

• T-Swizz - 9

• This is almost everything I was looking for in a track, within the first verse she makes it clear that she was having the time of her life and specifically references a point in her life and drops pop culture references brilliantly. The only issue is that she never makes it explicitly clear that she wants to return to that time period in her life. But other than that you did a great job!

• rl231 - 10

Buddy! - The Four Seasons - Oh, What A Night

• Dylan - 5.5

• There’s nostalgia within this and it isn’t necessarily a total miss. But, the lyrics are so bland and there’s not much description whatsoever. I don’t even really know if he wants to go back or if he’s just saying he had a good night. It’s sooo ambiguous in almost every aspect of this prompt whereas other entries are strong in almost all of them. The instrumental helps you out here as this round is amplified by the feeling each track brings, but it’s not enough. Better, but not really a good entry in my opinion.

• T-Swizz - 7

• There’s a couple elements of the prompt that this track addresses but it’s definitely missing something overall.

• rl231 - 7.5

six0Y2u54q1nDOW81gT690B6yTdwgVjQlf0dn__4lN6G7cKb8n0-3H5MTDR0Zfcx08pvsjXnjPEm0L16dHYof7SR6_epXDiKUF_7ePq9YPrTO7Y10r4P37_WDTsFab4IfMJ4AcR5

305 - MØ - Nostalgia

• Dylan - 7

• The events she feels nostalgic for could be described a lotttt better. However, I do really like that this isn’t just about looking back on a relationship, but actively wanting to rekindle it and feel those feelings again. This is better than last time though I still think you can nail it on the head next time.

• T-Swizz - 8

• Clever song title! The verses were a nice introduction into the theme and I was waiting for the artist to delve in a bit deeper lyrically but unfortunately that never happened.

• rl231 - 7.5

PoKiTaurus - Aqua - Back to the 80s

• Dylan - 8.5

• This song is stronger than a lot of the heavy pop culture leaning entries sent in this round because it specifically mentions wanting to go back to that time period. Much better than last round. Good job.

• T-Swizz - 9

• You addressed most of the thing asked within the prompt, the only issue I had with it was that it seemed a bit disjointed lyrically. Had there been a stronger central theme and/or storyline then this definitely would’ve been a 10.

• rl231 - 9

EriKills - Miranda Lambert - Automatic

• Dylan - 8

• I don’t think Miranda is saying we should literally go back to the times described in the track, but I DO think she saying those times were preferable and we should try to live our lives simply more often than we tend to. I’m not sure how this will fare across the board, but I personally like the approach.

• T-Swizz - 6.5

• I’m not a fan of this approach. It seems more like a “back in my day” kind of song and not necessarily one that’s reminiscing about a specific time in the artist’s life.  

• rl231 - 8

Anvarie - Ariana Grande - Honeymoon Avenue

• Dylan - 4.5

• There’s a sense of nostalgia in longing to go back to the honeymoon phase of a relationship, but the prompt said not to send in songs that are just a vague look at a former relationship. If you create a scene within that relationship, then it’s a good entry. But, this lacks any of that detail we were looking for. I can’t imagine this relationship. You know? While with other relationship-based songs this round, the scene is set. I don’t think this is a good entry.

• T-Swizz - 4

• “Can we go back to the way it was” was the only lyric that addressed the prompt as it showed the artist clearly had a longing to return to a certain time period. However, the overwhelming majority of the song is simply talking about a relationship.  

• rl231 - 5

wesleywalrus - Bryan Adams - Summer of ‘69

• Dylan - 9.5

• It’s a total “Duh!” entry that I’m sure wasn’t just sent in by you. But, it has everything you need this round. One of the best entries this round!

• T-Swizz - 10

• Perfect.

• rl231 - 10

KatyCatPH - Dance with My Father - Luther Vandross

• Dylan - 8.5

• The scene of the dance is set well, and I like that it takes on a different perspective than most entries. Sometimes this game just comes down to tracks that are great and tracks that are good, and this track is more in the good territory for me. Much better than last round. Nice pick.

• T-Swizz - 8

• The track explicitly detailed a specific time Luther had with his father and given that he passed away at an early age, there’s a strong nostalgia factor lingering within the song. He doesn’t really mention years or pop culture references but it was a vivid memory and displayed the theme well.

• rl231 - 8

-cPAM32mE5VxazRLoMa28fVscGOfHpo33uDQvVm5RlTCihQ0BZ3ENj6TqRCYObDzblkQkTeh9HPsgFEkxnZwEiZsbEeu8VgUGRRTGgDwOrCBkTfbHez8sWx_dTdAS_0OZn-wA5f3

Clytemnestra - Stevie Wonder - I Wish

• Dylan - 7.5

• Lyrically, this is good. Sonically, it’s not the best at capturing nostalgia. The memories are described well but they’re not the strongest of the bunch this round. They’re childhood memories, but not that detailed either. This is just okay for me, though better than last round.

• T-Swizz - 7

• Stevie vaguely describes his childhood but doesn’t really go into too much detail about the year(s) he’s referring to or what age he was specifically. He’s essentially reminiscing about how great his childhood is but with little to no substantial descriptive support.

• rl231 - 7

Bey_Rihstan - All Summer Long - Kid Rock

• Dylan - 9

• I assumed this would be an instant grab entry when I saw the round prompt. It displays the scene Kid is longing for very well. I think it could say a tad more about wanting to go back, but it’s otherwise a great entry. Way better!

• T-Swizz - 9.5

• This was one of the few songs that instantly came to mind when I read the challenge. The only thing forbidding me from giving this a perfect score was the pop culture references, that was the only factor this track was lacking. Other than that, you did a great job. Keep it up Bey_rih ❤️

• rl231 - 9

kipperskipper - Mark Wills - 19 Something

• Dylan - 10

• Good ol’ country tunezzzz! I actually do remember this song now that I hear it again. My mom and sis are so big on country. This does a phenomenal job of providing detailed memories. And I love the way it develops from looking back on a time to wishing he could go back as the song goes on. I (usually) only give one 10 a week and this round it’s you.

• T-Swizz - 10

• Perfect! Culture reference galore, specific memories he references, and a clear time period. Everything we were looking for. Even though the song itself is god-awful and nearly gave me an aneurysm, this is probably exactly what Element had in mind when thinking of this challenge. Everyone’s a country bumpkin at heart ❤️

• rl231 - 10

• Yowzers, the obscurity. But genius nonetheless.

Carameldisco - Zella Day - 1965

• Dylan - 4

• This is an example of what Element/rl23456789 meant when they said “a vague look back at a former relationship”. They wanted the scene laid out on the table this round. And this is just a really bland proposal to get back together. The 1965 lyric is all you have going on a specific level. Unlike most, you did well last round, But, this isn’t it.

• T-Swizz - 4

• This is a twenty three year old talking about 1965… This seems like it was ripped straight out of a anachronistic tumblr user’s diary book. I’m surprised there aren’t more pop culture references sprinkled throughout the song, as it definitely would’ve given in a bit more depth. I understand that 1965 could simply be a reference point to which the author reflects on her own relationship, but unfortunately that’s the only lyric that explicitly mentions a moment from the past.  

• rl231 - 4

Alena - Prince - 1999

• Dylan - 2

• Girl, this literally says that the world is going to end in 2000 so they’re going to party like it;ss 1999… aka the last year they have to live. It’s anticipating the future. Not looking back on anything at all.

• T-Swizz - 1

• This track was released in 1982, so he wasn’t talking about the past whatsoever, it was about the future.

• rl231 - 2

MusicLoverDude - Good Old Days - Macklemore & Kesha

• Dylan - 7

• This is VERY nostalgic in terms of sentiment, but the lyrics are super general. There’s no specific scene laid out here. It’s pretty apparent that the past is better than the present on this one and that’s good, but it’s missing that punch. It’s pretty on par with last round, which I thought you did a pretty solid job with.

• T-Swizz - 7.5

• “Good Old Days” encapsulates the nostalgia factor but fails to hone down on a specific time period in the artist’s life. The lyrics are pretty generic and there isn’t a single line in the song that would tell me exactly what year he’s referring to. It’s a bit all over the place in terms of the timeline, and he fails to go in depth about any of those experiences. It’s nostalgic, but that’s about it.

• rl231 - 7

Final Results coming up.

Edited by rl231

stan hi high

Double Dutchess is honestly one of my favorite albums of the 2010's. 

LA Love

Milf $

Life Goes On

A Little Work

Save it till Morning

Just Like You

Love is Blind

Like it ain't Nuttin'

Love is Pain

Diddy Zone

Hungry

Tension

You Already Know 

Kleopatra

Enchante 

Literally every song is amazing

hnwYwgK.gif

d825F9G.png

Now that you've all seen how you've done independently, let's see how you rank among your tribe, among all players, and finally which tribe is heading to Tribal Council this round.

Note: The highest scoring player for each tribe is immune if their tribe heads to Tribal Council.

Gaua
1. Scene. - 9.8 - IMMUNE

2. Moonlightbae - 9.0

3. Speezy - 8.5

4. K$Ellie - 7.3

5. marsblyr - 5.8

6. Xedretinz Lododnz - 5.7

Lolobau

1. thecptz - 9.0 - IMMUNE

1. Kylie Jenner - 9.0 - IMMUNE

3. kiiwii - 8.3

4. Jessie Mulay - 6.7

4. Buddy! - 6.7

Moti

1. wesleywalrus - 9.8 - IMMUNE

2. PoKiTaurus - 8.8

3. KatyCatPH - 8.2

4. EriKills - 7.5

4. 305 - 7.5

6. Anvarie - 4.5

Tavui

1. kipperskipper - 10.0 - IMMUNE

2. Bey_Rihstan - 9.2

3. MusicLoverDude - 7.2

3. Clytemnestra - 7.2

5. carameldisco - 4.0

6. Alena - 1.7

Overall Rank:

1. Scene. - 9.1 (+3)

2. Moonlightbae - 8.75 (+1)

2. kipperskipper - 8.75 (+6)

4. thecptz - 8.38 (+2)

5. wesleywalrus - 8.29 (+7)

6. K$Ellie - 8.17 (-4)

7. kiiwii - 7.98 (=)

8. marsblyr - 7.92 (-7)

9. Bey_Rihstan - 7.77 (+5)

10. EriKills - 7.31 (=)

11. Clytemnestra - 7.02 (=)

12. MusicLoverDude - 6.9 (+1)

13. Speezy - 6.75 (+3)

14. PoKiTaurus - 6.42 (+6)

15. KatyCatPH - 6.41 (+2)

16. Kylie Jenner - 6.38 (+6)

17. carameldisco - 6.06 (-12)

18. 305 - 5.75 (+1)

19. Buddy! - 5.15 (+4)

20. Jessie Mulay - 5.08 (+4)

21. Anvarie - 5.0 (-6)

22. Xedretinz Lododnz - 4.94 (-1)

23. Alena - 4.58 (-15)

24. Bawdee - 4.5

Which TWO tribes are heading to Tribal Council this round?

Click on the spoiler!

Before that, we do have to talk about this volcano twist. As you all might know, KatyCatPH was the first to quote the post with the volcano and therefore received an item for this game. We can now reveal that this item was +1 to their individual average for the round! This makes KatyCatPH now go from an 8.2 to a 9.2.

However, will this have an effect on the score? Let's find out.

Coming in 1st place this round is 

Tribe Lolobau with an average of 7.93. 

tEvHYlp3dypPqnjefKnEnUnl__BhmGruwfZ0jdlz6Ef0gkpd4AKNknuJtQ2UyMODBTLMEzON9oFEM2z6-2Pc6b01058xT-fsloTU9iOcWgMH9LGknI6x1MPhJB7JisHUjSfQ8Hw9

In second place and also not heading to Tribal Council is... 

Tribe Moti with a score of 7.89. 

six0Y2u54q1nDOW81gT690B6yTdwgVjQlf0dn__4lN6G7cKb8n0-3H5MTDR0Zfcx08pvsjXnjPEm0L16dHYof7SR6_epXDiKUF_7ePq9YPrTO7Y10r4P37_WDTsFab4IfMJ4AcR5

This means that with an average of Tribes Gaua and Tavui will be heading to Tribal Council tonight with averages of 7.75 and 6.53, respectively.

OrGVZReERnAW958R_SOzQF1zeJTMb5-WbwpkDmEsjgyAR59xYl5GUbB0dc_o6epuaVlFz_rYtluDjWooVUwqN8kwUbwX_F7Lskt_bz7IX0QBYwb_SDOjEjJyGEb5pARdklKommZd-cPAM32mE5VxazRLoMa28fVscGOfHpo33uDQvVm5

For Gaua and Tavui, you both will be heading to Tribal Council where two of you will become the second and third people voted out of this game. When you are ready, please PM your vote to the group chat you submitted your entry in (your vote will only count if it's in there). If you fail to vote within the time period, you will incur a self-vote. However, if you want to be safe in case you forget, please include a bootlist from who you most want out to who you least out.  

Please use the parchment image below and write/type the name of your vote by using photo editing software! If you change your mind, simply send me another PM with an updated choice for elimination. Votes will be due at 8 PM EST on Monday, October 22nd. Remember, Scene. and kipperskipper are immune from elimination and cannot be voted for. 

zceYkJ9.png

Good luck everyone.

Edited by rl231

Just now, Jessie Mulay said:

its gonna be buddy i can feel it

XzyKEjr.gif 

Omg it def was.

I had to stick with my flop song since my other choice was snatched and didn't have time to switch cuz of work. Oh well!

3 minutes ago, T-Swizz said:

7R5yIYN.jpg

2 minutes ago, rl231 said:

Alena - Prince - 1999

•  Dylan - 2

• Girl, this literally says that the world is going to end in 2000 so they’re going to party like it;ss 1999… aka the last year they have to live. It’s anticipating the future. Not looking back on anything at all.

• T-Swizz - 1

• This track was released in 1982, so he wasn’t talking about the past whatsoever, it was about the future.

• rl231 - 2

adubfjdsj:ahh:  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.