• Yog

• TtaraHae

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Icannot said:

This thread....

ANYWAY...

taylor-swift-new-york-cover.jpg

Well yeah the cover is accurate. She IS bigger than some of this gen's biggest pop stars (Katy, Gaga, Rih). And Beyonce and Adele are "pop stars" but they aren't LITERALLY pop stars in the same way Taylor is, amd they aren't even percieved as such. That's why it makes no sense that the "Taylor Swift is the biggest pop star in the world" argument is always used to discredit Adele and Beyonce. They aren't even in the same category.

Edited by IndieKid

Look, we can ALL just get along...

giphy.gif giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

5 minutes ago, TtaraHae said:

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

You look very happy for your own hit thread :hughard::heart2: 

1 minute ago, Almost Home said:

No one said she’s flopping. Stop making up this narrative. 

:dies: Miss me with this backtracking. 

She is a great album seller. Kinda shocked to see 2/3 from pure sales and only 1/3 from tracks and streams, it really shows where her market lies.

10 minutes ago, Yog said:

I was never claiming y’all saying 25 was a flop :cm: 

Then what was the point of your post? Since your response was to another user who stated that Taylor fans never called 25 a flop or a decline. Serious question? That thread wasn’t even Taylor fans coming for Adele either. It was a discussion of which era was bigger: 1989 or 25. That’s all. I don’t see how having a discussion over which eras between two artists is coming for an artist. 

giphy.gif

Just realized that she had been promoting CATs :heart2: for so long, so not just a 3 MILLION ALBUM seller  :fan:  Where is the soundtrack? :heart2: 

Ronnie Redd

Are you sure it sold 3 million in pure sales? A few months ago he had just crossed double platinum. I had no idea that album was selling well enough to cross another 1 million in just a few short months. 

If this is true, what’s Drake excuse for not selling more in pure sales? His base isn’t as loyal as Taylor’s?

3M is a flop for the Taylor but 1M is awesome for the other girls. The level she is on!!

1 minute ago, Ronnie Redd said:

Are you sure it sold 3 million in pure sales? A few months ago he had just crossed double platinum. I had no idea that album was selling well enough to cross another 1 million in just a few short months. 

If this is true, what’s Drake excuse for not selling more in pure sales? His base isn’t as loyal as Taylor’s?

gurl READ. 2M pure, 3M with SPS

53 minutes ago, TheArgonaut said:

Don't you stan Beyoncé? :skull:

Also, who's "y'all"? :deadbanana4:

Beyh*ve always hiding behind Adele album sales while against Swifties.

what’s new? :fan:

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Redd said:

Are you sure it sold 3 million in pure sales?

Globally it has moved over 3 million pure sales most definitely, but no. The 3M figure in the United States is post-release overall units. 2.1M of those units are pure sales, meaning she has sold 2.1M pure in the United States alone with reputation

Edited by TtaraHae

Ronnie Redd
Just now, Quaithe said:

LMAO, thats what I thought, but then the posts following were making it seem like she sold that much in pure sales. I forgot ATRL is on the SPS train because most of their faves benefit from it. 

9 pages for a 3M sold thread. :rip:

Ronnie Redd
Just now, TtaraHae said:

Globally it has moved over 3 million pure sales by now most definitely, but no. The 3M figure in the United States is post-release overall units. 2.1M of those units are pure sales, meaning she has sold 2.1M pure in the United States alone. 

Gotcha. Well, I still think 2.1 M is fantastic in this day and age. Even those having better eras aren’t doing and wont do it when all is said and done. 

10 minutes ago, Nova_23 said:

Then what was the point of your post? Since your response was to another user who stated that Taylor fans never called 25 a flop or a decline. Serious question? That thread wasn’t even Taylor fans coming for Adele either. It was a discussion of which era was bigger: 1989 or 25. That’s all. I don’t see how having a discussion over which eras between two artists is coming for an artist. 

My point of my post was some Swifties (not all, so please don’t twist my words) had no problem making troll threads involving Adele during the “25” era, I’m just stating that Swifties can start trouble too

again, I’m not trying to start anything.. I literally came on this thread on the positive note to congratulate Taylor and yet I’m arguing about Adele when she had nothing to do with this thread in the first place.

So, can we move one please? Sincerely 

giphy.gif

Edited by Yog

10 minutes ago, Aurora said:

She is a great album seller. Kinda shocked to see 2/3 from pure sales and only 1/3 from tracks and streams, it really shows where her market lies.

Album sales > singles & streams

6y3sK39.gif

57 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

Adele’s 25 was a front-loaded flop while going Diamond for y’all so. :skull: 

Who the **** said this?! :rip:

Stop making up ****, and trying to start drama. 

OT: 6 multi plantinum selling albums for Taylor :clap3:

1 hour ago, WestCoast said:

3M albums in the US, 3 Top 10 hits (2 Top 5, 1 #1), a soldout stadium world tour, a VEVO-breaking music video, etc. etc.

Poor OTHs and ATRL LOST :ahh: Taylor's "flop" era outperforming some girls' peaks. 

OH WOW. We love a “flop” era. She did that!!

I want to point out that I don't remember any swiftie calling 25 a flop. However, some of the swifties was coming for Adele during her 25 era.

https://classic.atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=886399

http://classic.atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=988581

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/76442-most-overrated-vocalists/

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/14606-more-overrated-adele-vs-jlaw/

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/77124-is-25-one-of-the-most-mediocre-albums-ever/

You were doing it to the point that another swiftie has to enter the Adele base to apologize for their friends' behaviors:

I don't want to start anything here, but it's a fact that some of the swifties were extremely hostile towards Adele and her fans during 25 era.

Anyway, congrats Taylor for this amazing number.

9 minutes ago, Quaithe said:

Do you have to be rude about it tho :shakeno:

4 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

There’s already links in this thread saying it’s been called a decline, front-loaded and many other things in the past. I’m sure you can find plenty more in the same time it took you to respond to me acting cluelesss. :heart2: 

Decline and front-loaded is aka as a flop?? 

Like I’ve said, nobody thinks that about 25, and if so, they are pressed. Much like you with Reputation’s success :heart2:. Now, stop quoting me, you’re clearly not trying to have a legit conversation, and are only trying to troll this thread.