reputation 3M in the US

TtaraHae

Just now, IndieKid said:

Yeah I gotta agree there. She transcends genre labels with music that her fanbase really responds to. Hell, she could do a hard rock album and it'd sell like an iPhone, because she's earned that trust. I'm not her biggest fan (as we both know lol) but I would be stupid to deny that she's earned that.

there are some points you have made :clap3:

giphy.gif

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nova_23

• Queenyoncee

• Yog

• TtaraHae

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, iHype. said:

All her other albums are atleast 6x Platinum with SPS?

If this was released in a 2011-3 climate would have sold pretty the same of RED did in the long run. Next.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

The argument I’m sticking with is the fact that her SPS isn’t good. Her sales are great but a huge decline and the streaming isn’t making up for the decline in popularity. 

Why would I stream the album when I own it :biblio:

8 minutes ago, Timber said:

What are Lemonade and Anti at? I know they were near that mark a while ago too.

Lemonade is at 2.7 million. She won't put it on Spotify & Apple so it'll never reach 3 million.

Idk about ANTI

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

All her albums didnt go 6x plat after 6 months only :rip:

The dumb jumped out

It's doing 20k a week now.

Are you implying it's still gonna do 3 more million? :rip:

Just now, iHype. said:

It's doing 20k a week now.

Are you implying it's still gonna do 3 more million? :rip:

yes. Its gonna sell as long as she releases music. Her albums always get great number whenever a new one comes out. It's performing exactly like Speak Now

8 hours ago, Almost Home said:

2 million isn’t even 1% of the US population. There’s plenty of room for interest. :skull: 

Not this argument being used again on pure sales discussion :bibliahh: Bye.

2 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

2 million isn’t even 1% of the US population. There’s plenty of room for interest. :skull: 

Then I guess everyone not named Adele and Taylor need to be worried. 

Selling less than 200k first week? YIKES!

4 minutes ago, iHype. said:

All her other albums are atleast 6x Platinum with SPS?

This number is under the new weighing for all past weeks with the 1250/3750 streams thing.

If the other 2 albums had new totals under those weighs Anti would probably be near 3m, and Lemonade around 2.7m.

This number includes pre-release song sales + audio streams. :duck: It's also under the new weighing.

Wouldn't Lemonade actually get boost since Tidal streams are exclusively premium. :celestial5:

1 minute ago, Armani? said:

Lemonade is at 2.7 million. She won't put it on Spotify & Apple so it'll never reach 3 million.

Idk about ANTI

With Tidal fake streams, it should’ve more than enough to reach 4 Millions SPS :cm:

1 minute ago, Theus said:

If this was released it would have sold pretty the same of RED did in the long run. Next.

giphy.gif

Based on what?

The album is on streaming, which generates enough units to make up for the sales decline since 2006-2012.

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

yes. Its gonna sell as long as she releases music. Her albums always get great number whenever a new one comes out. It's performing exactly like Speak Now

For it to do 3 million more, it'd have to do 20k for the next 150 weeks.

1 minute ago, LosingHimWasBlue said:

With Tidal fake streams, it should’ve more than enough to reach 4 Millions SPS :cm:

Fake Tidal streams are included. :celestial5:

Just now, LosingHimWasBlue said:

Those "fake" Tidal streams were for like two weeks.:cm:

Nobody uses Tidal outside of free trials.

WHEW, the way Miss Swift effortlessly wins. 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

This thread is about Taylor’s decline. Compared to her last she’s declining heavily. If everyone else is measured up the same way why shouldn’t she be? Adele was called a failure for months until 25 surpassed 20 million copies just because it couldn’t perform as well as 21 but this is great? The Swifties should dig up all the attempts of dragging Adele first. 

This thread isn't about Taylor's decline. This thread is about the fact that she's the first female artist since Adele to sell 3M. You're the one who made it about Taylor's so called "decline." 

And if anyone was dragging Adele for 25's album sales then they probably came out of the same mental institution that let you on the loose. 

1 minute ago, TtaraHae said:

WHEW, the way Miss Swift effortlessly wins. 

giphy.gif

The way she has a certain hater in this thread pressed talking about her decline while she is on a $400M grossing tour :dancehall:

8 minutes ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

Billboard doesn't track or acknowledge Pre-release SPS units though :rip: 

And not you blaming the new formula for her doing 3 million when this new formula has only been around for 3 weeks :ahh: 

Billboard includes pre-release SPS units in totals.

And no, I'm saying they went back and added the formula to ALL of its total streams.

This 2017 number includes pre-release SPS:

Screen_Shot_2018-07-20_at_11.06.07_PM.png

And this is her 2018 mid-year number:

Screen_Shot_2018-07-20_at_11.06.47_PM.png

545,000 + 2,336,000 = 2,881,000

The album has only done about 40K since mid-year two weeks ago, which would put it at 2.92m. However, they went back and re-weighed all the streams even prior to the rule for totals, and that pushed it to 2.97m.

1 minute ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

Lemonade SPS total is put into questions considering the Tidal inflation. 

"Tidal inflation"

How long has it been N/A on Billboard 200?

28 minutes ago, Almost Home said:

That’s a bit of a harsh decline compared to 1989. :biblio:

Taylor’s album that was only released 8 months ago hasn’t reached the sales of her most successful album that was released 4 years ago. 

cole.gif

Reputation following suit with all her other album’s success. 12 years into her career. Head bitch right there  :clap3:

Edited by BlueMoon77

The Beyonce fans are desperate here uh? I guess they are really insecure since EIL showed Beyonce can't really sell an album when there's not a hype media machine selling it for her. Well, give me as many WP as you want, but some truth need to be told.

It looks like this Almost HOME is very disappointed about 3 MILLION? :confused: Where is the HOME? :devil: