US Airplay Discussion

Kworb

2 hours ago, Mediabase said:

Look What You Made Me Do got horrible reaction on radio all around the world. Look at every single major country. It stalled and collapsed on radio. Australia, UK, Canada... Everywhere. And I am not gonna even talk about countries in continental Europe like France, Germany, Italy, Spain etc.. 

I am sorry but it was just a bad song with a horrible message. What was she thinking?

The 1989 hype allowed it to hit top5 on pop radio in the US at least.

In Russia and CIS, countries that have strong radio support among their citizens and owned 70% of European airplay, LWYMMD has weak audience and overall spins are lower than spins of Roulette, which wasn't even released as single. 

• Replies 37.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Raphy23

• FAN

• Starkboy

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mediabase said:

Look What You Made Me Do got horrible reaction on radio all around the world. Look at every single major country. It stalled and collapsed on radio. Australia, UK, Canada... Everywhere. And I am not gonna even talk about countries in continental Europe like France, Germany, Italy, Spain etc.. 

I am sorry but it was just a bad song with a horrible message. What was she thinking?

Taylor was never big in Europe in the first place (she might have had 1 or 2 hits), so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

butterflysupreme
15 minutes ago, H-I-M said:

Taylor was never big in Europe in the first place (she might have had 1 or 2 hits), so I'm not sure what you're trying to prove.

The lies :ahh:

Taylor is definitely big in Europe and has way more than 1 or 2 hits. This is pathetic ?

Tay IS huge WW. lots of the GP doesnt really like the song. Simple as.

It opened HUGE bc....she's Taylor Swift

Taylor fans should be glad that due to hype from the 1989 and previous eras the single managed to reach Top5 on US POP radio.

The question now is, how does she recover from this? She is not 21 years old anymore. It gets more and more difficult to recover from underperforming singles and backlashes in the pop world once you hit or approach 30 years old.

6 hours ago, Mediabase said:

I have heard and still hear Look way more on the German radio than I've ever heard Shake It Off tbh

The message that the insane and obsessive media killed the old sweet, innocent and sharing Taylor is "horrible"? Okay then. 

Can understand people having a problem with the sound (I love it), but with the message :celestial5:Interesting 

do people here in europe really care about the message? i don't think anyone pays attention to lyrics, particularly because english is not the first language. people just aren't connecting with the sound/production

4 minutes ago, Thickorita said:

do people here in europe really care about the message? i don't think anyone pays attention to lyrics, particularly because english is not the first language. people just aren't connecting with the sound/production

Absolutely

Think even in the English speaking countries the lyrics aren't that important

The problem with Taylor feels like what Gaga went through with ARTPOP. Look what you made me do is basically her Do What You Want. And it's not a good idea to call out the media and the haters.

5 hours ago, Hidden said:

The problem with Taylor feels like what Gaga went through with ARTPOP. Look what you made me do is basically her Do What You Want. And it's not a good idea to call out the media and the haters.

She is very overdramatic. When media talked about Gaga's finish line of career and multiply panned her artistic vision and song like DWUW is too relative for Gaga, Taylor's situation is too simple: tabloids talked about her personal life like they talk about other celebs. She is always tries to sell cheap soap dramas which isn't big deal at all. It's annoying, because ordinary people are concetrate on more serios topics or purposes. I like Taylor's previous songs, but I have my pretty optimistic life with my own problems. So why I or other mature people should listen her inspid and lifeless songs about hate and petiness on the radio? 

Edited by Rated

QueenofCopyPaste

POP:
4 4 TAYLOR SWIFT Look What You Made Me Do 14049 13941 108 78.793

+63 Spins
-2 Bullet
+1.332 Audience

HOT AC:
7 7 TAYLOR SWIFT Look What You Made Me Do 4211 4372 -161 22.878

-21 Spins
-1 Bullet
-0.181 Audience

AC:
21 23 TAYLOR SWIFT Look What You Made Me Do 164 202 -38 0.490

-1 Spin
+1 Bullet
-0.015 Audience

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, Kyungsoowift said:

@berberocka lost this time :fan:

Its last min radio payola. So no. Lol

I'm gonna wait tomorrow to see if the power rotation is really in full speed or not. But I wouldn't be surprised since Strip That Down just peaked, so big stations gotta replace that song with the next on the list.

LWYMMD has been put on hold for a while in favor of Niall, Liam, Logic and then Demi. All songs who entered the pop chart in late spring-early summer.

19 minutes ago, berberocka said:

Its last min radio payola. So no. Lol

No it's not.

Taylor came last and too fast. The slump was natural, that's the price to pay when you have a massive start, you're already at the top and your longevity is ****ed, so instead of growing steadily you're already ahead of everyone and radios has to put you on hold until there's more room made for you.

2rzxukz.jpg

Edited by Eóghan

7 hours ago, Eóghan said:

I'm gonna wait tomorrow to see if the power rotation is really in full speed or not. But I wouldn't be surprised since Strip That Down just peaked, so big stations gotta replace that song with the next on the list.

LWYMMD has been put on hold for a while in favor of Niall, Liam, Logic and then Demi. All songs who entered the pop chart in late spring-early summer.

No it's not.

Taylor came last and too fast. The slump was natural, that's the price to pay when you have a massive start, you're already at the top and your longevity is ****ed, so instead of growing steadily you're already ahead of everyone and radios has to put you on hold until there's more room made for you.

2rzxukz.jpg

What are these lies? :toofunny2: "Can't Stop The Feeling" had a record-breaking start on radio and didn't stall like Taylor did. "Hello" also had a very strong start and didn't stall like "Look"... Even "Shape Of You" rose in a healthier way. Taylor is a big popstar she doesn't need some C-Lister to make room for her, she should be able to keep rising on her power alone. But the song is absolutely atrocious, so there's that on that.

Why the hell is she spending the payola on a dying song no one wants to hear? She is really overexposing herself and her next single could suffer from this

She should literally stop doing anything, let both singles die and focus on then next one in November 

Laughing because ANY thing that Taylor does has these Adele stans more pressed and more concerned than we swifties are:dies:

Smells like Last Minute Desperate "Must to Prove I'm Relevant" Payola Spirit.

Edited by Rated

Ditch the song, Swift else it'll leave a bitter aftertaste on her radio power

:ahh:

Why do you act like if every label doesnt do a last push when they see a song is peaking?

They always do this, Taylor even did it with IDWLF..

The way Taylor has you all pressed...

32 minutes ago, SlaylorSwift said:

Laughing because ANY thing that Taylor does has these Adele stans more pressed and more concerned than we swifties are:dies:

Sure sweetheart

5 minutes ago, Letters From Adi said:

Ditch the song, Swift else it'll leave a bitter aftertaste on her radio power

This

SilencePlease

The discount was barely helping so her team used the money on some airplay instead.

I mean it's respectable, they aren't going down without a fight. :michael:

The discounts and payola are giving me Butterfly and Rainbow era vibes (The label needed Mariah to be #1, no matter what)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.