Top Posters In This Topic

• Lukey

• Bentley

• rac7d

• Harranger

18 minutes ago, Unusualyou said:

so almost the double of her past group, she really was the star 

Poor 5h fans

5h barley got promo sis even when Camila was in the group. Camila was pushed my Epic 10x more than they pushed 5h and it’s clearly back firing.

Edited by chris1991

12 minutes ago, gerardsuxx said:

The ex act stans getting brave when she outsold all the ex acts first week sales minus Ariana Grande :fan:

This.

Ive said it before and it’s confirmed now.

Camila is above the ex act club thingy minus Ariana

8 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Why is Demi the comparison everyone is rushing to :rip:

Demi is the most recent female teen-act that had a hit and released their album.

Great numbers. Not people acting like big hits sell pure albums in 2018 :deadbanana:  And the 5H/Demi stans getting brave :deadbanana: 

2 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

That was 8 years ago :rip:    The sales climate is WAY different

January is known as the slowest sales month of the year

Yeah, but my point was that compared to other albums sold that year for a debut, KeshA’s numbers weren’t significantly lower due to her releasing in January. 

Seems like a convenient excuse. 

Just now, chris1991 said:

5h barley got promo sis even when Camila was in the group. Camila was pushed my Epic 10x more than they pushed 5h and it’s clearly back firing.

Not really, she’s had a multi-format global hit and NBTS is shaping up to be a hit. She’s clearly going to serve longevity with this album :heart2: 

Just now, chris1991 said:

5h barley got promo sis even when Camila was in the group. Camila was pushed my Epic and it’s clearly back firing.

Back firing how?

You make it seem like Epic and her team aren't aware of the current sales climate... You make it seem like you know they were expecting huge numbers for her... Camila paid for most of this herself, Epic didn't help out thus aint losing money either way.

Ethereal

WAIT at her doing more than Demi and in January though. :skull: And her album is doing way better globally.

Havana alone (and maybe Never Be The Same) will probably keep her album top 10 for a while tbh.

Just now, Cannon said:

Yeah, but my point was that compared to other albums sold that year for a debut, KeshA’s numbers weren’t significantly lower due to her releasing in January. 

Seems like a convenient excuse. 

You clearly don't understand... :skull: 

It was good for that year, which was 8 years ago.

We've only just started this year also, so you can't possibly compare this to future releases that haven't happened yet. 

41 minutes ago, tigerlily13 said:

These numbers are great especially considering she’s splitting her sales 50% pure and 50% SPS

The haters in here will try to drag her for these sales but for an artist who came from a unknown girl group, it’s amazing. People didn’t even know who she was when she went solo so the fact she is opening with 80k with a debut is great. Not to mention she’s only had 6 months to build a solid fan base.

and she’s outselling the girl group she was in by double when they had an established “fan base”

5H opening sales with a hit:

7/27 - 74k (with WFH being a smash) 

However, ATRL loves to drag so go ahead. Y’all are so sad tho.

WHEW you didn’t have to drag the girls like this 

I’m quite excited to see the worldwide numbers for this album :eek: Didn’t Demi have more promo spots? This outselling it by a small margin is quite good for Camila :eek: 

1 minute ago, Thuggin said:

WAIT at her doing more than Demi and in January though. :skull: And her album is doing way better globally too.

Havana alone (and maybe Never Be The Same) will probably keep her album top 10 for a while tbh.

:eek: 

50k pure sales? I expected 100-120k considering the amount of promo, Havana and ATRL's behaviour :eek: 

So that's what a #1 single translate into now a days, 80k with SPS 

eq1ITLG.gif

These are respectable numbers. Y’all need to chill :rip: 

7 minutes ago, shelven said:

I'm not trying to stir the pot (and I already said these are good numbers earlier in the thread), but let's not act like she doesn't have a TON of Spotify promo :toofunny2: THREE songs from the album in Today's Top Hits (one is #1 and one is #10), #1 on New Music Friday, a banner on the front page of Spotify, a massive billboard in Times Square, SIX songs from the album in Teen Party (including two in the Top 10)... and those are just the regular playlists that I check. She's getting a huge Spotify push that's definitely helping her streaming numbers.

People were posting plenty of other artists who got the exact same Times Square Billboard and plenty with front page banners.

Yes, Camila is on lots of playlists. But the GP actually listens to her songs. She has the second most listeners on Spotify next to Ed. Being put on a playlist only goes so far. Plenty of artists are on TTH and can’t spend more than a few days in the top 200.

People here like to act like being put on TTH is a sure fire way to smash until it doesn’t help their favorite artist/song. Camila and her team are just playing smart.

Not bad tbh but with the way things were going I was expecting Title numbers or at least Yours Truly numbers. It's harder for newer artists to build a solid fanbase that is willing to actually buy an album but at the same time how much of the SEA/TEA comes from Havana? I feel like this is just another 7/27 situation except with a bigger hit.

Just now, Squall said:

50k pure sales? I expected 100-120k considering the amount of promo, Havana and ATRL's behaviour :eek: 

Yeah you expected, you also predicted Demi to open with 150k sales so no one was going to take your comments seriously But we expected 70k for Camila :heart2: 

I went two pages of this thread and people literally are setting the standards too high for Camila :deadbanana2:

Those numbers are great for her, honestly.

3 minutes ago, Lukey said:

Back firing how?

You make it seem like Epic and her team aren't aware of the current sales climate... You make it seem like you know they were expecting huge numbers for her... Camila paid for most of this herself, Epic didn't help out thus aint losing money either way.

Ethereal

She didn't paid for everything by herself, she has a team and a manager (who would die for her if necessary) to administrate her career. Be real!

6 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Demi is the most recent female teen-act that had a hit and released their album.

Lol @ 'most recent '

She literally released the same week as Miley 

Everyone’s so quick to discredit her:ace:

‘Demi is 7 years into her career’ correct, but she also just had her biggest hit. So taking that into account, plus Demi being a worldwide name, having far more Celebrity Power, they kind of even out:cm:

This is her debut album, a pop girl, first week in January, and has one hit. To say she could be doing 85k is pretty remarkable.