AlexisNeiers' Best of 2017

World Eater

Jefre Cantu :chick3:. Glad to see him appear on a list 

RFI... is a choice. I like it's production though. 

Machinist took me a few times to get used that autotune aspect. 

I expected Vince to be slightly higher but the reasoning is fair. 

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• World Eater

• artangels

• theblackestday

• Tom Vercetti

• ATRL Moderator

Ready For It :jonny:  I think it sounds like Becky G doing a Yeezus song lol (thats a compliment)

Communicating is great, in a good place!  Vince could be a little (lot) higher 

2 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

...RFI is great, but there are better ones in the album

What are your other favs? Mine are Delicate and CIWYW :cm:

2 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

wave to anchor is s o ****ing good

...RFI is a piece of **** though. the best song on reputation is "this is why we can't have nice things" do not @ me, cheers!

F1l2bYL.png

welp

F1l2bYL.png

2 hours ago, bluth said:

ready for it has some nice ideas (the lyric "touch me + you'll never be alone" is particularly good) but, similar to lwymmd, it doesn't really commit to the idea throughout the song. it feels like she's scared to say what she really means. machinist <3

wish big fish theory were higher but it's nice to see it regardless!

I kinda get what you mean but it's a bop nonetheless and I couldn't resist not putting it on here :cm:

2 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Jefre Cantu :chick3:. Glad to see him appear on a list 

RFI... is a choice. I like it's production though. 

Machinist took me a few times to get used that autotune aspect. 

I expected Vince to be slightly higher but the reasoning is fair. 

Jefre did his thing :jonny:

I felt instant love for Machinist but I get why someone could not feel the same way, I saw some big fans of her being disappointed by it being lead single :chick1:

2 hours ago, madonnas said:

Ready For It :jonny:  I think it sounds like Becky G doing a Yeezus song lol (thats a compliment)

Communicating is great, in a good place!  Vince could be a little (lot) higher 

You're not wrong :ahh:

I feel like I haven't spent that much time with BFT, but again, I didn't feel like revisiting as often as I did with Summertime '06

Machinist is a very interesting and cool song, though not my #1 from the album.

Big Fish Theory is great.

rihanna.gif

A Song of Summer and Baybee :heart2:

Big Fish Theory is amazing even tho I have a few issues with it. 

1 hour ago, AlexisNeiers said:

What are your other favs? Mine are Delicate and CIWYW :cm:

Mine are Gorgeous & LWYMMD

Love almost all of your past sets :clap3: 

Albums: St. Vincent, Sampha, Zola Jesus, Thundercat, and Vince :flame: 

Songs: Liability, Dark Side of the Gym, XO TOUR Llif3, Slide, Deadly Valentine, Century :flame: 

eww at RFI though. Can't imagine what Tay's album sounds like if that and Look are any indicators :thing: 

Baybee yas :heart2: 

The autotune in Machinist throws me off kinda but it's kind of a bop :clap3: 

wew STAN for ...Ready For It? :alexz: 

14 hours ago, Eeveelution said:

Machinist is a very interesting and cool song, though not my #1 from the album.

Big Fish Theory is great.

rihanna.gif

Diving Woman is also a slay

rihanna.gif

13 hours ago, Electra Heart said:

ready for it

taste

for onc

F1l2bYL.pnge

F1l2bYL.png

13 hours ago, Mr. Loco said:

Mine are Gorgeous & LWYMMD

LWYMMD was neat although I have some problems with Gorgeous (or with its lyrics :thing:)

7 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

Love almost all of your past sets :clap3: 

Albums: St. Vincent, Sampha, Zola Jesus, Thundercat, and Vince :flame: 

Songs: Liability, Dark Side of the Gym, XO TOUR Llif3, Slide, Deadly Valentine, Century :flame: 

eww at RFI though. Can't imagine what Tay's album sounds like if that and Look are any indicators :thing: 

:alexz:

They're not though, or at least LWYMMD isn't. It's seriously not as bad as everyone makes it seem to be

Deadly Valentine is my second fave song on Rest, so is Century on Pleasure :clap3:

Agreed with Okovi, its easily her best record for me. Drunk is fantastic, sometimes a bit too muddled imo.

I really need to listen to Japanese Breakfast :skull: Big Fish theory has a few duds imo.

I still prefer their first album, but Communicating grew on me.

Your graphics are sooo beautiful this year sis

Yasssssssss at Readt For It, color me shook, but it's an amazing bop and max martin did that, video is also amazing, expensive queen. we stan.

Slide, XO, Liability, Deadly Valentine, Machinist, Baybee, Process, BFT... love! :clap3: Ken was a step down from Poison Season imo but Tinseltown was one of the nicer moments for sure. Ready for It is a mess but it works when I'm in the right mood. Def the best single off the album

mess who's homophobic? surely J. Cole didn't release an album this year?

rihanna.gif

KB7FJd8.png

ukyseDc.png

Spoiler

As for post-punk/art punk/punk-funk/whatever this is incredibly accessible and on top of that we have a surf rock-y bassline and a cheeky saxophone outro. This is just delicious.

pRzDDBy.png

Spoiler

This was actually one of the last-minute additions I mentioned earlier but I swear I didn't plan to put three tracks that feature saxophone in some way next to each other :skull: But anyway, "BOOGIE" slayed me like no other BROCKHAMPTON song :jonny: From the groovy LQ sample to the suite of verses from a couple of members and the nonchalant chorus, everything about this song fees so right.

XdfsdjY.png

Spoiler

His heaviest and noisiest song since the lo-fi days :katie2:

01pNTfK.png

Spoiler

Error 404: wig missing

'Take Me Apart's' closing track gets often overlooked which is a shame considering it’s one of her best songs :'( "Altadena" may be a little repetitive but it’s soooooo beautiful and sensual.

emT4sYN.png

YUWNuUb.gif

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Didn't plan to post it in the same update as "BOOGIE" but w/e. Originally only 'SATURATION II' was on the list and it would have stayed like this if it wasn't for 'SATURATION III' released less than a week ago. And turns out that 'SATURATION' is probably the best trilogy since what, The Weeknd's 'Trilogy'? Unfortunately there is no 'House of Balloons' here, but each album works both alone and also as a part of a bigger piece. While 'I' is the weakest of three, it still features career highlights like "GOLD" or "FACE". 'II' on the other hand has the most outstanding streak of songs (first three tracks) and is the best of the three records. 'III' however is their most cohesive and consistent. Any rap group (or a boy band :eli:) could only wish to have such good year as BROCKHAMPTON.

meSCrYG.png

Spoiler

Xiu Xiu haven't released such good studio album as 'FORGET' in over decade :jonny: This doesn't mean they haven't had any good stuff in-between - "Hi" and "Born to Suffer" from 2012's 'Always' are one of my favorite tracks from them. At first glance 'FORGET' isn't that different from its predecessors. It follows the same formula of mixing catchy art pop stuff ("Wondering," "Get Up") with more experimental, dramatic, occasionally shout-y, stuff (title track) but it's the attention to detail and the perfect execution what makes it so special.

yas @ BOOGIE

huh? @ Altadena

yas @ SATURATION Trilogy

yas @ Xiu Xiu

Loving a lot from these songs list! Priests, Ariel Pink, and Kelela are great inclusions even though none are particularly my favorite from each album. But yes @ the "Boogie"/overall Brackhampton acclaim because they were really doing all that and more this year. :clap3: 

Songs: Priests, Brockhampton (haven't heard the new song but I'm sure it's good), and Kelela :clap3: Didn't care for AP all that much :emofish:

Albums: Not the whole Saturation series :ahh: they really did that :cm: (though I do have to get to 3)

Didn't hear the Xiu Xiu album so I have to get on that.

The instant Boogie stanning :deadbanana: 

Adding all three Brock albums in one similar to some combining the yaeji eps :deadbanana: 

But it packs heat so no problem. 

Time to Live and Altadena  :jamming: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.