AlexisNeiers' Best of 2017

World Eater

• ATRL Moderator

I love the abrupt ending to Century :jonny:

I just listened to Ken and its a good album, first half > the second half but the final song is gewd.

I did not like that Bobby song, oh at all.  I HATED IT. 

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• World Eater

• artangels

• theblackestday

• Tom Vercetti

Woo lordT that slide graphic. Papi Calvin! :gaycat3:

I love all of these songs :jonny:Talent is WINNING on your list :jonny: Also I would just like to say that I recently unfollowed Thundercat on Twitter because all he does is post and retweet stupid memes, so that is that on that

Slide :clap3:  amazing comeback of Calvin

Thundercat is interesting, i like it :cool:  

Slide was alright but i think its overrated just for being a catchy frank song

Feist :alexz: 

The Century blurb :ahh: Amazing song anyway

Tinseltown and Witch are nice :clap3: 

13 hours ago, grandewhispers said:

Slide :clap3:

By the way, your graphics are so good!

13 hours ago, madonnas said:

I love the abrupt ending to Century :jonny:

I just listened to Ken and its a good album, first half > the second half but the final song is gewd.

I did not like that Bobby song, oh at all.  I HATED IT. 

Same, it makes the song for me :jonny:

ken didn't really stuck with me apart from a few songs but it still was a step up from Poison Season

12 hours ago, Reinvention said:

Woo lordT that slide graphic. Papi Calvin! :gaycat3:

Wish he was undressed on his press photos but I'm not complaining

F1l2bYL.png

11 hours ago, Vxspertine said:

I love all of these songs :jonny:Talent is WINNING on your list :jonny: Also I would just like to say that I recently unfollowed Thundercat on Twitter because all he does is post and retweet stupid memes, so that is that on that

:alexz:

Same :ahh: I keep unfollowing artists on a daily basis because I have no patience :priceless:

11 hours ago, ColdKeane said:

Slide :clap3:  amazing comeback of Calvin

Thundercat is interesting, i like it :cool:  

Glad you liked it, his older stuff is also amazing :duca:

10 hours ago, jose168 said:

Slide was alright but i think its overrated just for being a catchy frank song

Feist :alexz: 

Not as overrated as Chanel imo :)

9 hours ago, Lazuli said:

The Century blurb :ahh: Amazing song anyway

Tinseltown and Witch are nice :clap3: 

F1l2bYL.png

Next update coming later today but first a PSA. After finding out that one of the artists who was on the song list is allegedly homophobic and used the f-word on his newest album (tbf I never caught that until today), I've decided to replace his song with one of the songs from the Songs That Almost Made It playlist that's SLAYING me lately :jonny5: Stay tuned!

F1l2bYL.png

yassssssssss at Slide, love you for it. what a song. calvin is dirty for not giving it a video... a trash. we do not stan. but we grateful for song.

Had Feist's album in the libary for months but heared it like only once without paying that much attention to it, also shook that Calvin Harris the list (I havent heared it) but YAS bc Feels slays!

rihanna.gif

Slide :clap3: production alone >>>>>>>> I think I love instrumental even more than actual song :skull:

Deadly Valentine is masterpiece :chick3:

completely slept on feist's new album for most of the year up until recently even though metals is honestly an underrated masterpiece

pleasure, a man is not his song, and get not high get not low are masterpieces

rihanna.gif

KB7FJd8.png

3KdvVNB.png

Spoiler

Much like last year’s glitchy "Love's Refrain," "A Song of Summer" borrows equally from shoegaze, drone and even hypnagogic pop. I know it probably sounds cliché, because the song's title was meant to be semi-ironic, but listening to this on repeat this past summer was so refreshing.

8IYNW6r.png

Spoiler

The guitar's tone is soooooo sweet on this :smitten: Even though it's not a typical love song and rather the "this is the last warning; you have one more chance" type of song, "Baybee" never fails to put me in a good mood.

OVeq4iM.png

Spoiler

This track is one big mystery. Neither quasi-rap nor trap influenced hi-hats (:eli:) should work on a Taylor Swift song but this has both and it's easily the best out of the 16 tracks Taylor's released this year. Two minuses make a plus one could say.

DO8VjMU.png

Spoiler

Autotune-heavy songs could go either way but it just feels right to use it when you're singing about falling in love with a robot. Bonus points for the crazy sax solo!

emT4sYN.png

7MsbOjB.png

Spoiler

This year's 'Currency' EP felt really generic compared to 2014's 'The Moon Rang Like a Bell'. Then "Blanket Me" and "Fingers" were released and...I didn't like either :cm: It was the next single, the explosive "Wave to Anchor," that restored my faith for the album. And turned out I shouldn't have even worried for 'Communicating' in the first place - it's in fact Hundred Waters' best record. The early singles ended up growing on me massively and the album tracks, like the lowkey "Parade," upbeat "At Home & In My Head" or the concluding "Better," show how versatile the trio is.

HWDKRZe.png

Spoiler

Pretty much the same case as with Hundred Waters. Last year's "Prima Donna" EP was not the tea and I remember calling the pre-release singles a tad disappointing BUT the album turned out to be on almost the same level as hit debut. 'Big Fish Theory' marks a slight shift in sound for Vince. It was partially inspired by UK garage ("Crabs in a Bucket"), bubblegum bass ("Yeah Right"), footwork ("Love Can Be...") and grime ("Party People"). It may sound as if it was too much but it’s just as tight and focused as 'Summertime '06'.

Baybee :heart2: Not in my trinity from the album but probably top 5!

I've said it once and I'll say it again, ...Ready For Slayage? Is Taylor's best song to date

I've heard of Japanese Breakfast (:rip:) from Vilppu's Best Of and Diving Woman is amazing. I'll check out the rest of the album.

Both albums are great, especially Big Fish Theory :alexz:

3 hours ago, Dom said:

yassssssssss at Slide, love you for it. what a song. calvin is dirty for not giving it a video... a trash. we do not stan. but we grateful for song.

This "no videos this era" bull**** :skull: But again, there would probably be no Frank in this video so

2 hours ago, Phoenixstar said:

Damn those simplistic graphics :jonny:

thanks sis :jonny:

1 hour ago, artangel said:

Had Feist's album in the libary for months but heared it like only once without paying that much attention to it, also shook that Calvin Harris the list (I havent heared it) but YAS bc Feels slays!

rihanna.gif

Yeah, this Feist album definitely wasn't as immediate as, say, The Reminder. Loved it though!

20 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Slide :clap3: production alone >>>>>>>> I think I love instrumental even more than actual song :skull:

Deadly Valentine is masterpiece :chick3:

Mess, I haven't listened to the instrumental until now :skull: It BOPS tho :katie2:

8 minutes ago, Kingfisher said:

completely slept on feist's new album for most of the year up until recently even though metals is honestly an underrated masterpiece

pleasure, a man is not his song, and get not high get not low are masterpieces

rihanna.gif

The Reminder=Pleasure>Metals, I'd say. Don't forget about Any Party tho!

5 minutes ago, theblackestday said:

Baybee :heart2: Not in my trinity from the album but probably top 5!

I've said it once and I'll say it again, ...Ready For Slayage? Is Taylor's best song to date

I've heard of Japanese Breakfast (:rip:) from Vilppu's Best Of and Diving Woman is amazing. I'll check out the rest of the album.

Both albums are great, especially Big Fish Theory :alexz:

...Ready for It? WISHES it could reach the pop perfect trinity of 1989 aka Style, Out of the Woods and Blank Space

F1l2bYL.png

Haven't listened to Japanese Breakfast's album in full in ages but you might enjoy it so check it out

vuhexrt.gif

...RFI is great, but there are better ones in the album

wave to anchor is s o ****ing good

...RFI is a piece of **** though. the best song on reputation is "this is why we can't have nice things" do not @ me, cheers!

F1l2bYL.png

eek missed the last update :emofish: slide + deadly valentine are my faves from the song. calvin... kinda did that unfortunately. drunk felt so refreshing and idiosyncratic. it was fun to listen to

ready for it has some nice ideas (the lyric "touch me + you'll never be alone" is particularly good) but, similar to lwymmd, it doesn't really commit to the idea throughout the song. it feels like she's scared to say what she really means. machinist <3

wish big fish theory were higher but it's nice to see it regardless!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.