• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• World Eater

• artangels

• theblackestday

• Tom Vercetti

this list is going hard af :katie2: i also added XO Tour LLif3 as a last minute thing because WOW WHAT A BOP 

Edited by Glassmouth

Liability and Dark Side of the Gym are stunning :'( 

nn that BSS article :ahh: 

Process is cute too :clap3: 

Liability is a bit overrated to me :fan:

Xo Tour was nice surprise for me, since it's really good :smitten:

Oop sorry for the delay, next update is certainly coming today

jZrkJOf.gif

23 hours ago, prézli said:

Where is ANTHONY?

vuhexrt.gif 

XO tho :clap3: 

Let me rihport you

vuhexrt.gif

21 hours ago, bluth said:

ugh liability her lyrics :'( 

xo is an excellent choice and i agree re: sampha - good to begin the year but it kinda faded over time. it's a good position for it

I'm glad he hadn't released late last year, Process would be forgotten by now :rip:

19 hours ago, TRF. said:

love XO Tour Liif3, Liability and Process.

but of course your Ambient Wife would stan for that Kareem Lofty song.

jZrkJOf.gif

hope he comes through with some more music in 2018. an alb would be p cool.

jZrkJOf.gif

rihanna.gif

19 hours ago, Clueless said:

Broken Social Scene :jonny: one of my favorites. Stay Happy ended me

XO TOUR Llif3 took me forever to enjoy. I love it now

Stay Happy was so close to making iT as well :'(

19 hours ago, Clueless said:

Are you doing any public spotify playlists? :keir: I wanna hear all the good stuff that I missed out on this year

I made one with HMs, it was private but I made it public just now :keir: There will be one with top 50 as well

Spoiler

18 hours ago, Glassmouth said:

this list is going hard af :katie2: i also added XO Tour LLif3 as a last minute thing because WOW WHAT A BOP 

Right? I don't even feel bad for the song that got replaced by it

vuhexrt.gif

18 hours ago, Lazuli said:

Liability and Dark Side of the Gym are stunning :'( 

nn that BSS article :ahh: 

Process is cute too :clap3: 

The Hard Times and Clickhole are the best when it comes to those articles :ahh:

KB7FJd8.png

97C8DAk.png

Spoiler

This was one of those unexpected collabs that ended up being pure :flame: Even though every now and then Frank collabs with some big names, his features are never anything like that and by that I mean radio-friendly and aimed for the Top 40 charts. If only the timing was right, this would have smashed :'(

FWWVT4J.png

Spoiler

I love how Miss Gainsbourg let's this song breathe by taking time to start each verse, chorus or bridge, exposing at the same time the stunning production and the addictive bassline. My only complaint is that the vocals are buried a bit too deep in the mix for my taste.

VOsF2xu.png

Spoiler

Century. How long is that?

3,155,973,600 seconds

876,000,000 hours

Or 36,500 days

200.gif

AEnd9cE.png

Spoiler

Wasn't much of a fan of 'Poison Season' so for me this is easily the best Destroyer song since 2011's masterful 'Kaputt'. Aside from being upbeat and not boring to death, in contrast to his last effort (:eli:), "Tinseltown" proves that Bejar is at his lyrical best.

cIW454k.png

Spoiler

Double single releases are not that common when it comes to indie artists but ahead of 'Rocket's' release, (Sandy) Alex G had decided to go for it not once, but twice. And despite "Witch" being overshadowed by "Bobby," its rough around the edges production, weird delivery and stunning climax make it a better of those two tracks. This is G's "Kiss It Better".

emT4sYN.png

z3ATX1r.png

Spoiler

'Taiga' was a big kii. Not talking about the music itself (well nvm, I gotta say the album was hit or miss with me) - Miss Jesus revealed she wanted to reach #1 on Billboard and it made me cackle a biT :ahh: Eventually though, she's come back to Earth and 'Okovi' is not only a return to form but also her best release yet. With early singles ("Exhumed," "Soak") or album tracks ("Veka," "Remains") she shows us she hasn't lost it and still has a lot to offer.

BMLGWoJ.png

Spoiler

Whoever was familiar with Thundercat knew he was a total goofball. He hasn't shown much of this side of himself on his music until now. 'Drunk' is just ridiculous :deadbanana: There are fart noises, cat sounds and some of the hooks go like this:

You stuck me in the friendzone

That's that bull****

I'm gonna play Diablo either way

Or this:

[it’s] Cool to be a cat (meow, meow, meow, meow)

At the same time though, 'Drunk' is groovy, soulful and powerful. I'm already excited to find out what's next for him.

2 minutes ago, AlexisNeiers said:

You stuck me in the friendzone

That's that bull****

I'm gonna play Diablo either way

Or this:

[it’s] Cool to be a cat (meow, meow, meow, meow)

tumblr_n2r3ypFFG81sqom46o2_250.gif

1 hour ago, Clueless said:

Yay :heart2: @ me when you make the top 50 one too pls

I sure will

vuhexrt.gif

43 minutes ago, Dilettante said:

Curious to see where you've placed Melodrama. 

who said it even made it?

vuhexrt.gif

15 minutes ago, Playa Playa said:

Yes, Thundercat found that coooool balance with Drunk.

Okovi was a faith-restoring album :clap3:

Yup, Okovi was great, but I didn't lose my faith after Taiga, it was rather a small misstep. I still think Go (Blank Sea) is one of her finest songs :jonny:

3 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

Slide is really that collab :jonny5:

Drunk sounds... Interesting.

Drunk is well balanced though! I probably should have mentioned this nn. There's a Kendrick feature, a collab with yacht rock legends Michael McDonald and Kenny Loggins and some addictive stuff like Them Changes

I like all the songs in this batch. :smile:

Okovi was my first album from her and it was nice.

Honestly, I don't give much criticism for Thundercat in regards to lyrics. The goofy manner is part of his shtick. 

Slide is amazing and Feist :clap3: I've seen that Thundercat album cover so much, I need to give it a listen 

5 minutes ago, Tom Vercetti said:

I like all the songs in this batch. :smile:

Okovi was my first album from her and it was nice.

Honestly, I don't give much criticism for Thundercat in regards to lyrics. The goofy manner is part of his shtick. 

And neither do I, I just wanted to point out the ridiculousness of his lyrics to those unfamiliar with him

rihanna.gif

7 minutes ago, Staryu said:

Slide is amazing and Feist :clap3: I've seen that Thundercat album cover so much, I need to give it a listen 

You definitely should :gaycat3: Or at least check out the singles - Friend Zone and Them Changes are goof for the start

1 minute ago, Clueless said:

Century :jonny: 

I think Feels is the only song that didn't annoy me on that CH album

There was some nice stuff here and there imo :chick1: Rollin was also a total BOP, Feels and Cash Out weren't bad either

Slide :clap3:

By the way, your graphics are so good!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.